• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#31 Thunderja

Thunderja

Desperate Housewives #1

• Members
  • 1782 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 07:55 AM

Ankhegs lol, the gold mine! That slime trap was annoying though.
I wouldn't mind stabbing you in the face, if that's cool with you?

#32 Animosity

Animosity
  • Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 10:43 AM

when wes was 11 now who can remember back that far?
ÄñïMö§íTÝ owns you.gg owned thx k bai.
Posted Image

#33 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 10:55 PM

I remember becoming infamous for a while because I told Stotic about the possible gold yield from the Ankhegs and were changed into something quite useless, but at a time after I had already made a lot of gold from them myself... could have been signs of early corruption. Later on though, with some assistance from Samus, they were changed back to be more appealing.

I first arrived here in January 2004, just after the opening of Harabec. I remember having to put up with people who actively collected PKs and showed them off in their profiles... I still wanted to get my own back on JasonX!

Edited by Crane, 20 September 2007 - 10:58 PM.

The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#34 Sausage

Sausage

Old School Nub

• Members
  • 1409 posts

Posted 21 September 2007 - 05:31 AM

I recall the good old days when you had to hurry up and log in because you were probably missing some excitement and some action.

Now theres no hurry up to log in and you can go days without logging in and probably arent missing a thing. :)

true Dat. Prolly Why I Stopped Playin. Readin This Sure Brought Back Some Memories. When I First Had "clayton" I Was Fightin In The Sewers An Some Random Girl Started Helpin Me. An Gave Me 2k An I Bought nuts My Pants. Member Runnin Round Windia When It Opened. Best Memory Would Have To Be Pt'n Gold An Sausage (thieves). Then Bout Throwin My Computer When Someone Ran Through An Killed Em An Ran Off With Ma Money.

Retired... Now I know how it feels to quit NM and troll forums.

#35 EvilDognapot

EvilDognapot
  • Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 21 September 2007 - 04:03 PM

Man I sure can.
Evil report carries further than any applause

#36 Animosity

Animosity
  • Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 22 September 2007 - 06:20 AM

Man I sure can.

me too =)
ÄñïMö§íTÝ owns you.gg owned thx k bai.
Posted Image

#37 Thunderja

Thunderja

Desperate Housewives #1

• Members
  • 1782 posts

Posted 24 September 2007 - 08:44 AM

Bump you freaks, who remembers the greatest event in Nightmist history...

http://www.nightmist...l=dance contest

#38 Malavon

Malavon
  • Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 06:08 PM

I remember the real old days pre reset, when players had 700+ hp, anthrax and ebony were the best players in the game, owning the first cobalt staff of the wind (ok yes, I abused a bug created when invent size was increased from 10 to 14 but hey :)) leveling up on the gorgon beast, supremacy faking his own death, being one of the first to hit 30 after the reset, when necronomicon, purplesmoke, seth still played, when legion of the night was the best clan in the game and when even though the option was there to use alts, it never occured to anyone to do so.

#39 Vodka

Vodka
  • Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 08:13 PM

Bump you freaks, who remembers the greatest event in Nightmist history...

http://www.nightmist...l=dance contest

I do, considering I was there.

Seriously, it had to be one of the most best/fun times I've had on this game.

Horrah, for Jared's awesomeness!
When you do something right nobody remembers, but when you do something wrong nobody forgets.

Hump in game.

#40 Exor

Exor
  • Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 06:52 PM

I remember the real old days pre reset, when players had 700+ hp, anthrax and ebony were the best players in the game, owning the first cobalt staff of the wind (ok yes, I abused a bug created when invent size was increased from 10 to 14 but hey :)) leveling up on the gorgon beast, supremacy faking his own death, being one of the first to hit 30 after the reset, when necronomicon, purplesmoke, seth still played, when legion of the night was the best clan in the game and when even though the option was there to use alts, it never occured to anyone to do so.

Hah. Some of the best times I ever had on Nightmist back in the day! :o
Can't believe it was so long ago.

PS: Hiall! :)
-Mark aka Exor aka Android_20 aka Illidan

#41 PureMourning

PureMourning
  • Members
  • 610 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 07:56 PM

Mark ftw.
Cogito, ergo sum; I think, therefore I am.

#42 Harky

Harky
  • Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 04:09 AM

I (Ebony) probably sucked, just the gear Anthrax and I had was completely unbalanced when all worn together - probably the reason we had the wipe (memory is a little hazy.) ;p Lot of that stuff brings back memories though, and kinda strengthens the urge to actually try the game out again. I'm told there's a one alt version now (that + not being able to sleep being the reason I'm browsing the site/forums), sounds interesting, the multiple alt thing is what turned me off the game in the first place - that and warcraft addiction.

As for memories:

> Having issues with initially installing the game (being in the first 'wave' to download it I think) and getting help directly from Pandilex on ICQ, I remember thinking how cool it was to have direct help from one of the games creators so easily.

> 2 hour disconnections because JLH was on dialup and NTL cut him off every 2 hours. :o

> Laca sending me photos of his genitals over AIM, scarred for life.

> Initial quests, Anthrax winning everything, loads of drama.

> All the people from this game. Few names which pop into my head when thinking back: AP_Hill, Android, Gin, Medora/Flame, Laca, Bishop/Valentine, Flux/Paco, Deval/Odin. JLH/Pan of course. Probably way more I'm forgetting which I used to get along with, but it's the people that most of my memories of this game originate from. Original playerbase was awesome I think, not to discredit the current playerbase, I just don't know any of you. :)

> 'Days of fun' probably the worst memory of the game I have, when the server was due for the big wipe/reset and the new map was being built, hence anarchy ruled over the old game. Lots of pressure from the playerbase because a rough date for the reset had been announced, followed by dire gameplay as a result of all balance being thrown out the window and continuous quest items being handed out for next to nothing (along with free exp and stuff.)

Will post more tomorrow if I remember, semiconcious 4am posts suck for memory.

#43 fallen

fallen
  • Members
  • 1011 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 01:34 PM

Harabec vs airlin <3

MT and AV runing the zuem wit our leet Blades of time gathering gold and owning plp in the face o.0

The pirate mosh we ran was fun

rappys trash talk was always entertainment

but yeh the good ole days of MT was when I had alot of fun
we will pass judgement on the day of your doom

#44 hotsauce

hotsauce
  • Members
  • 484 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 12:20 AM

/toggletranslate and GANGSTA NATION OMFG WTF?!?!?! driving Aidon to go nuts haha.

lmfao i remember that was like 10 of us' everyone called us the "PA CREW" and then aidon eventually did go nuts and ban 99% of the game and put cobalts and stuff for sale for real cheap , basically trying to ruin the game for a night but it ended up being tons of fun lol

i also remember the top 10 clans never got along and were always out for blood, events were a way to show off your clan power, and if you lost then just go and pk everyone because of it lol

but most fun for me was def the pking, its the aspect of the game i enjoyed most, especially when chris(tadpole) and myself( twizted) went and bought like 12 arch/master mages between us and pkd with all them instead of a party of thieves, noone knew what to do with so many mages attacking them lol. also remember huge wars at cg, lose more exp in that 1 hr he was in then you can make in a weeks training time

#45 Hansol

Hansol
  • Members
  • 1039 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 01:17 AM

IT'S NICE TO SEE THAT THE COMMUNITY WITHIN NIGHTMIST ACTUALLY HAVE BRAINS THAT ALLOW THEM TO REMEMBER THINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO TEAM.

lol

#46 Exor

Exor
  • Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 08:48 AM

I remember the real old days pre reset, when players had 700+ hp, anthrax and ebony were the best players in the game, owning the first cobalt staff of the wind (ok yes, I abused a bug created when invent size was increased from 10 to 14 but hey :ph34r:) leveling up on the gorgon beast, supremacy faking his own death, being one of the first to hit 30 after the reset, when necronomicon, purplesmoke, seth still played, when legion of the night was the best clan in the game and when even though the option was there to use alts, it never occured to anyone to do so.

I (Ebony) probably sucked, just the gear Anthrax and I had was completely unbalanced when all worn together - probably the reason we had the wipe (memory is a little hazy.) ;p Lot of that stuff brings back memories though, and kinda strengthens the urge to actually try the game out again. I'm told there's a one alt version now (that + not being able to sleep being the reason I'm browsing the site/forums), sounds interesting, the multiple alt thing is what turned me off the game in the first place - that and warcraft addiction.

As for memories:

> Having issues with initially installing the game (being in the first 'wave' to download it I think) and getting help directly from Pandilex on ICQ, I remember thinking how cool it was to have direct help from one of the games creators so easily.

> 2 hour disconnections because JLH was on dialup and NTL cut him off every 2 hours. :)

> Laca sending me photos of his genitals over AIM, scarred for life.

> Initial quests, Anthrax winning everything, loads of drama.

> All the people from this game. Few names which pop into my head when thinking back: AP_Hill, Android, Gin, Medora/Flame, Laca, Bishop/Valentine, Flux/Paco, Deval/Odin. JLH/Pan of course. Probably way more I'm forgetting which I used to get along with, but it's the people that most of my memories of this game originate from. Original playerbase was awesome I think, not to discredit the current playerbase, I just don't know any of you. ;)

> 'Days of fun' probably the worst memory of the game I have, when the server was due for the big wipe/reset and the new map was being built, hence anarchy ruled over the old game. Lots of pressure from the playerbase because a rough date for the reset had been announced, followed by dire gameplay as a result of all balance being thrown out the window and continuous quest items being handed out for next to nothing (along with free exp and stuff.)

Will post more tomorrow if I remember, semiconcious 4am posts suck for memory.

Hahah that took me back. Good times back in the day.
-Mark aka Exor aka Android_20 aka Illidan

#47 Peacemaker

Peacemaker
  • Members
  • 1940 posts

Posted 22 November 2007 - 01:44 AM

/toggletranslate and GANGSTA NATION OMFG WTF?!?!?! driving Aidon to go nuts haha.

lmfao i remember that was like 10 of us' everyone called us the "PA CREW" and then aidon eventually did go nuts and ban 99% of the game and put cobalts and stuff for sale for real cheap , basically trying to ruin the game for a night but it ended up being tons of fun lol

i also remember the top 10 clans never got along and were always out for blood, events were a way to show off your clan power, and if you lost then just go and pk everyone because of it lol

but most fun for me was def the pking, its the aspect of the game i enjoyed most, especially when chris(tadpole) and myself( twizted) went and bought like 12 arch/master mages between us and pkd with all them instead of a party of thieves, noone knew what to do with so many mages attacking them lol. also remember huge wars at cg, lose more exp in that 1 hr he was in then you can make in a weeks training time

LoL i havent been back around that long and wasnt well known back then....but i do remember Aidon quite well i recieved quite a bit of bans from him lol. It was for stuff that now a days people wouldnt care lol. Like saying shizz."""Aidon has banned you from the game""" or f#$% """"Aidon has banned you from the game""" lol i would never say the word just a substitute and bam he would ban me lol. I was in Dynasty back when i played couldnt be positive on how long ago it was but we were close to the top if not at the top at the time. Sadly only people i remember as far as names would be Mistry, Fearless, Tadpole, Baby_Trey. I had a little crit and got pked alot name was Idle_Hands back then. Nice to bring back old memories though...used to be fun to actually have wars......now alot of people act like millionaires...either cant be bothered to fight with you or get really upset cause they lose and dont get it their way....exceptions are the people that really do fight other exceptions are the ones who believe they are too good for the game now and wont even compete anymore......What happened to the fun? Where did it go? Sure it feels good to pk on one alt yeah....but there is nothing like the satisfaction of dropping a whole party of someones. That takes real skill. Not trying to offend anyone so dont take offense just remembering how it used to be.
Peacemaker both servers.

#48 Throwback

Throwback
  • Members
  • 1248 posts

Posted 22 November 2007 - 03:42 AM

I remember being in Avengers of the Lost and when I actually thought Tevlok was good. I remember Rob(Yavimaya) pking me when he knew the next day at school I'd pwn him irl. I remember the first event i joined. A 3 alt prof. and I remember pwning tony just to face Chris and his 3 rangers. Kid could pot lets say that much. My most favorite memory is definetely south of nm battles between creme and animosity (creme won ez).

Vegas 1a....formerly known as Memphis
¨¨*(^.^)·:*¨¨

#49 ketchup

ketchup
  • Members
  • 399 posts

Posted 24 November 2007 - 11:16 AM

I still remember the day I first join a clan called Renditions of Reality was like 5-6 years ago, then there was this players with alts named like True_Killa, True_ somethin somethin“ , Spilnters_thief, Splinter_somethin somethin, , when orig. Knine was actually helping other new players training , can’t believe Jer is actually actively playing this game up to now “lol he also got nm wife” we were in DB for years. I still remember that drunkard Dave aka orig. Iso or Isolation who’s always high and that is very normal. I can still remember when Lokey actually made me take the ceremonial oath for joining Midnight Thorn.

I still remember when sgs, hally, bot & cr’s was like uber expensive. Anyone still remember that very generous dude “Abra?” flaunting and giving away cobalts by accident?

Still remember when Boots of Speed was just given out by staff. (hit chest with spade) zephie was actually in that square when I receive the page.

The best part was when you can actually /bounty anywhere in nm “yes anywhere”. It’s a trick we use when gold hunting at zeum or dessy after having like tonz of gold lol, we will just put bounty on our alts (macroed /bounty supe 100000000), and kill it at the clan house arena. o.O

1alt : Titan / Viper / Exellency / Rampage. Main : Predator / Frostie

#50 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 01:41 PM

Remember when JLH was active? Message sent to JLH back in March 2004:

We (the aviators) may at some point in the near future be wanting to entirely change the layout of our clan house. As i understand it, this would take a staff member a fair amount of time to do - i'm just wondering if there's any kind of limit on the amount of connections you can have changed at one time?

Maybe you would be able to put in a method for clan founders (or maybe only the chairman) to be able to change their own clan house connections?

Thanks

not possible for you to do it yourself really
a staff member would have to do it 1 room at a time, or, be creative, draw a map of how it is now, and how you want it to be, and email me it, and i may do it myself, since i can do them a lot faster than the staff can.

...and he did!
+1 post count ggpwnedkthxbai

it's plausible that the SOB hasn't spawned

¯¨:·»Gently spamming the forum since 2003«·:¨¯

#51 Thunderja

Thunderja

Desperate Housewives #1

• Members
  • 1782 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 08:21 PM

I still remember the day I first join a clan called Renditions of Reality was like 5-6 years ago, then there was this players with alts named like True_Killa, True_ somethin somethin“ , Spilnters_thief, Splinter_somethin somethin, , when orig. Knine was actually helping other new players training , can’t believe Jer is actually actively playing this game up to now “lol he also got nm wife” we were in DB for years. I still remember that drunkard Dave aka orig. Iso or Isolation who’s always high and that is very normal. I can still remember when Lokey actually made me take the ceremonial oath for joining Midnight Thorn.

I still remember when sgs, hally, bot & cr’s was like uber expensive. Anyone still remember that very generous dude “Abra?” flaunting and giving away cobalts by accident?

Still remember when Boots of Speed was just given out by staff. (hit chest with spade) zephie was actually in that square when I receive the page.

The best part was when you can actually /bounty anywhere in nm “yes anywhere”. It’s a trick we use when gold hunting at zeum or dessy after having like tonz of gold lol, we will just put bounty on our alts (macroed /bounty supe 100000000), and kill it at the clan house arena. o.O

<3'd Jen and her 3-alt pro tournaments. Nothing beat those I used to get so nervous.

#52 Sausage

Sausage

Old School Nub

• Members
  • 1409 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 10:25 PM

When there were only 4 cities.... NM was so much smaller and there was always some to pk.

I remember when I was one of the only people to get into TR without an arch. ;p

Wars at the vines at 4-way were always fun. (Unless I happened to step into one on accident).
NBM way back when was the whip.

187 owned. One_Eighty_Seven sucked...-

Retired... Now I know how it feels to quit NM and troll forums.

#53 Tecton

Tecton
  • Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 07:21 AM

Remember getting your clan house "furred"? Back in the day when all items were strewn about, and you would lag out just trying to climb over the rabbit furs? Remember getting caught taking them back to the clan you knew tossed them through your door (when you could still do that too), and then getting caught doing it?

#54 Slushie

Slushie
  • Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 08:26 PM

I remember the banana_rejection days Cal :ph34r:

ta? old days? thats like saying dendeya is the good old days. or maybe im just getting old

#55 Terrier

Terrier
  • Members
  • 298 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 12:00 AM

I remember notorious beany masters clan with pippin before he got his vault robbed by staff,getting first scroll of dr,genome thieves deletion cause of 21 con they had and u could keep exp from deleted char,dwarves from 20 str to 21 and con from 18 to 21,owning atrium monarch with 2 arch fighters with just heal pots,and how multi alt crits ruined the game...not to mention times i got robed,even if i trusted Fallen he gaved my crits away,take care all.
I will be open for any boss partyes pm if u need me,i play for quest only

#56 Night_Angel

Night_Angel
  • Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 06:50 PM

Remember getting your clan house "furred"? Back in the day when all items were strewn about, and you would lag out just trying to climb over the rabbit furs? Remember getting caught taking them back to the clan you knew tossed them through your door (when you could still do that too), and then getting caught doing it?

Bunny fur wars were the best. and as Maha stated once. its really helping the other clan cause they coudl seel the furs for a nice profit. (if they didnt get lagge dout on their square) i miss the old days. i was such a noob. (still am) but i miss the people mostly. there were alot of people willing to help a noob. give them stuff or show them where to find it. would taken them places without partying them taking them out of town and pking them. now my memory sucks as im sure you know (if you know me) so maybe it was just me. *shrug* who knows.
Perhaps one day maybe I will understand PAIN. Why it is and how it has to be. Until then...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users