Photo

Paci's On The Exp Charts...

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

Poll: Take them off the exp charts?

Take them off the exp charts?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 28 October 2004 - 09:48 PM

Nicely said, Dan.

But really, does being on the experience charts do anything apart from give you a bit of pride?
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#32 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 28 October 2004 - 10:21 PM

I find the exp chart is good for looking to see the people who really play the game. Like, they get their crits, and they run around and kill bosses and other cool stuff, rather than just sitting around at southgate.

Pacifists in my view play a totally different game to the rest of us. You hit your GP macro, and thats it, no more dying for you today. They can even spoil the game for others (JZ, GP at bosses, dragging monsters around that would otherwise be kill-to-pass).

I guess my view is that it would just be nice to see the people who have actually had to make an effort to get their exp at the top of the list. I want to look through someone's monster kill profile and see things like 4 Time Knight kills, a DG here and there, that kind of thing. Not 20,000 Modern Art Sculptures.

And as for the idea that you have class/overall rankings if you like that kind of thing, well that's rubbish. I can sell all my crits and get 23 mil gold and get rank 2 in game, and then i can sit around for ages, come back and still be rank 2. With exp if you sit around for a while, you invariably get killed a bit, and people will overtake you.

Plus, i just counted, and out of the top 20 high-exp crits, SIXTEEN are pacifists!

Edit: 15, my bad, i forgot someone renamed their ranger to Retards...

Edited by Raylen, 29 October 2004 - 09:27 AM.

+1 post count ggpwnedkthxbai

it's plausible that the SOB hasn't spawned

¯¨:·»Gently spamming the forum since 2003«·:¨¯

#33 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 28 October 2004 - 10:41 PM

There are some adventurous Pacifists out there. As for Starwolf having 20,000 Modern Art Sculpture kills... Pacifists suit her schedule better than other classes - when she has free-time on her hands, she logs on, kills a few sculptures and talks to friends, then logs off when her free-time expires - I know two or three people who use solely Pacifists for reasons like that. As a consequence, the kill count does start climbing quite significantly, as does experience.

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

#34 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 29 October 2004 - 09:33 AM

Yes, but if i were to log on an arch cleric or something up there during my free time, within 60 minutes i'd probably be dead. This is not a problem pacifists face. Also, their 50 pod gain just for healing makes training so very easy. I mean, you can go south of nm (and not be pked) and heal a skeleton - and get the same kind of exp a ranger would have to travel to jahanna/dungeon to find.

#35 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 29 October 2004 - 10:13 AM

I thought their 50 POD only applies to healing other players.

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

#36 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 29 October 2004 - 11:16 AM

Well, next time you're on, count it! ^_^

Unless it's been changed since i last used a paci, you get 50 pod + monster pod :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users