Photo

Some Ideas,issues, And Things Of Intrest (1a)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
45 replies to this topic

#31 Foxie

Foxie

525,600 minutes - how do you measure a year?

• Members
  • 791 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 09:25 PM

AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!
On main Azure/Foxie in game.
On 1a Azure, Melody, Faith, Solstice, Wylow, Hope in game.

#32 Peacemaker

Peacemaker
  • Members
  • 1940 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 09:31 PM

jacob if you want to see what a theif can/can't do we can meet in Pete's one day and i can show you what an arch dwarf theif can hit you for.Infact ask lappa, freek and Puremounring.they have all felt the tip of my dagger on several occasions as well.More credit to the theif class please!Spell absorb EVEN though we have not seen it yet will become more of a hassle in the long run then i think staff should really deal with,but i guess we will have to wait and see then shall we not? :)

I just now read this....i know exactly what thieves can do i have a large amount of them on main so i know what they can do....i can also tell you that assassinates fail alot or dont hit for your full amount of damage...as in sometimes full stam will hit the same as 3 stam.....it is possible to do so but it is also not done alot of times......if you want to be specific on it then look at the base damage of a mages beam and see if a round of 5 would take out most classes(being that mages fizzle alot less than other classes miss) mages rarely dont get to hit their opponent as for alot of classes they miss fail assassinates, fail a smite, and fighter or ranger vs mage just isnt really an option unless your luck enough to have a dwarf fighter with high hp but then it makes it to the next round of beams only...and the damage a fighter or ranger can do to mage pfft nothing compared to what a mage can do to them....and you can bring in that all mages dont have aop and stuff but its just a matter of time before more of them do. From what i understand the spell absorb items will be rare drops and not easy to get so there shouldnt be any major changes from a couple of people having them.
Peacemaker both servers.

#33 Elf

Elf
  • Game Staff
  • 439 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 09:33 PM

*falls off my chair* ha ha ha OMB !!
my poor eyes !!!!

Elf :)

Meeting you was fate,
Becoming your friend was a choice,
But falling in love with you was beyond my control..

#34 Throwback

Throwback
  • Members
  • 1248 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 09:36 PM

yea but i am serious on this one, i find your spelling and lack of style offensive, i simply asked to refrain from saying one word and you get ur panties in a bunch and now i got mine all twisted too. Seems only fitting this is a spell absorb armor thread, seems i need a trevayne's lack of style absorb to prevent from getting beamed by illiteracy.

Edited by Throwback, 04 September 2007 - 09:54 PM.

Vegas 1a....formerly known as Memphis
¨¨*(^.^)·:*¨¨

#35 Ghost_Wolf

Ghost_Wolf
  • Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 10:16 PM

As interesting as this all has been, i don't find this to be a very funny issue.Freek and i have spoke about ths topic more then once and we have talked to alot of other people about it.I can understand how this is a major thing for alot of people....but there is two...count them 2 other bullets under the one about spell absorb.Some thoughts on those to would be nice since Freek is the only one who has said anything.
Link-Nepharious_Niassey (Main)

Love is a 36' carbon tip chainsaw and rib spreaders....nuff said.

#36 Freek

Freek
  • Members
  • 1200 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 10:26 PM

"fighter or ranger vs mage just isnt really an option unless your luck enough to have a dwarf fighter with high hp" Thank you for proving one of the major points im am trying to get others to see. You can make a class better vs a mage if you choose a race that is better vs mages. On a side note "if you want to be specific on it then look at the base damage of a mages beam and see if a round of 5 would take out most classes(being that mages fizzle alot less than other classes miss)" 75% of the time I dont get a full round I either get partiall resist, a full resist, or a fizzle (fizzle less then partial and full resist <3 gnome.) Undertow is 1 lvl below me and I cant round that? Another reason why this shouldnt be added. Uh People are going to get higher then lvl 30.. People are going to have more hp then even 7 beams can do 7*70 (Given at lvl 37 mages will hit for 70 on 18-20 wis) = 490 Still not even enough to round a lvl 30 dwarf zerk... Fighters will have 500 or so hp at lvl 37 and so on. Right now I see the problem is people are getting pk'd by mages and thats why they are 'fixing' them.. If everyone was running around rounding/clicking people on zerks what would they do... Anyways staff don't seem to care what anyone is posting right now so im not even gonna bother with anymore. Good work staff keep it up.

Edited by Freek, 04 September 2007 - 10:36 PM.

Freek ingame.

#37 Peacemaker

Peacemaker
  • Members
  • 1940 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 11:16 PM

The abiltity to lvl past lvl 30 was supposed to prevent people from rounding other people making combat last longer and take more strategy....just because you cant round someone dont mean you cant beat them...just means you cant let off a round and get a pk as easy. Yeah you may not be able to round Undertow but can they round you? Didnt think so try to think of this idea if you werent a mage and had to always fight them then i think you might reconsider your logics.
Peacemaker both servers.

#38 Trevayne

Trevayne
  • Advisors
  • 1841 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 01:10 AM

Wow... so many things to respond to, and they all seem to need exactly the same response.

....but there is two...count them 2 other bullets under the one about spell absorb.Some thoughts on those to would be nice since Freek is the only one who has said anything.

Wow. It's almost as if you can't be bothered to read what staff write. The third post on this thread pointed out that you hadn't bothered to read the posting guidelines. If you'd done that, you'd know that the very first rule is to post only one idea per thread. Otherwise, you end up with just a discussion of one issue and all other things are ignored (which is exactly what happened). You also make it impossible to find any record of these discussion since you violated rule #2 also.

Anyways staff don't seem to care what anyone is posting right now so im not even gonna bother with anymore. Good work staff keep it up.

Wow. It's almost as if you can't be bothered to read what staff write. There have been at least six posts (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6) from three different staff saying that we're tired of everyone arguing and complaining about something that you have NO IDEA how it is going to be implemented. We're ignoring you because you can't seem to bother to listen to us.

yea but i am serious on this one, i find your spelling and lack of style offensive, i simply asked to refrain from saying one word and you get ur panties in a bunch and now i got mine all twisted too. Seems only fitting this is a spell absorb armor thread, seems i need a trevayne's lack of style absorb to prevent from getting beamed by illiteracy.

Wow. It's almost as if you can't read. I suggest this book as a good starting place for the wonderful journey toward proper grammar and style. You'll find fascinating sections such as "Capitalizing References to People", "Making Your Point Clear with Commas", and "H-y-p-h-e-n-a-t-i-n-g Made Easy." Personally, I suggest starting with page 214: "If U Cn Rd Ths, U Cn Abbreviate".
Aeryn and Trevayne in game.

#39 Freek

Freek
  • Members
  • 1200 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 01:38 AM

[4) Equipment now supports an extra stat for absorbing spell damage, for example, with the stat set to 0.1, 10% of the damage done by a spell towards you is absorbed by the item and doesn't hit you. Items support limited stacking, so if you had 2 items that both removed 20% of the damage, the total removed would actually be 36% (1-0.8*0.8). This also allows negative numbers for increased spell damage, for example -0.2 would mean an extra 20% damage is dealt" . Are JLH's calculations wack? Im writing down things i've witnessed and i've read about it already... And from what I've read and seen from ^^ I don't think its needed.

If its going to work diffrently then what JLH posted then staff need to post how its going to work diffrently. So people will stop thinking this is the way its going to go then it not go this way. Ok? Thanks.
Freek ingame.

#40 Throwback

Throwback
  • Members
  • 1248 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 01:54 AM

The wonderful journey.....checked the book out, very nice and I learned a few things. Not. Trev. this pissing contest with you is pretty pitiful. I asked you and everyone else to refrain from using one word, in response I get a lame attempt at flaming and now a shot at my inteligence. I took a shot at you and you answered, good for you, I was almost 100% sure you didn't have a brain or balls but you kind of proved me wrong. Anyways, I don't understand why a poll hasn't been started asking if Absorb Spell or something to it's affect is wanted by the players. If we are the one's affected, why not ask us if we want it.

#41 Woodstock

Woodstock
  • Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 05:26 AM

i say to the mages to shut their yaps on this post. so you wont round people. oh no! ur invis anyway, do what u do to everyone that u do to people u cant round- bring invis clannies or wait til they are slight-mod.

the point i want to make here, as being one of the main mages used to test the absorb eq, this more or less balances them out extremely well. when asked NICELY instead of bitching and complaining on the forum about the 2 other classes that can just walk about and kill people, i got a rather nice reply, they will be looked at next and something will be done. so before you make anymore posts about dmg or etc, wait til u see it. i think its a really good addition, and im a mage. it doesnt affect how u train, what monsters or bosses u kill, and it makes pking a bit more than a mage slaughtering 1 person and reinvising before hes killed (given they survive or have people with them) or before someone walks by and gets them.

Lets say mage 254hp vs druid 295hp. both classes anfter full rounds done with basic eq and mag absorb ended up with about 15% hp left. OMG NOT 15% ??!?! THAT MEANS U DIDNT ROUND HIM. the mage still won in the end, it just made it closer and more survivable. get use to it, its gona be staying around, i can just tell.

as for complaining about every other class, shush, mages were first because they have 1. been wrecking the most hell and 2. everyone has 1 bc of it. this will encourage more people to make other classes and things will balance out. Next up will be the other rather overpowered classes- and less populated. reason i see them coming next or even last? theres 1 arch zerk in game, 3 arch thieves, and like uh 9 or 10 arch mages. end of story.

give it up, it isnt going away, and its far from overweakening mages, and corey, it was tested primarily with a h-elf mage, the midmark in the road for int, and i did just fine in testing, its just far mor balanced than 1. GO 2. MAGE rounds DRUID or PALLY, and 3. MAGE wins.

and i hit around 59-62 on 20 wis unspelled or modded, and about 54-57 with the tested mod given to druids. its not that bad. so stop crying.

Edited by Woodstock, 05 September 2007 - 05:29 AM.

When life slips you a Jeffrey, stroke the furry walls.

Lappa/Woodstock on Multi
Dubs/Cold on 1a

#42 Peacemaker

Peacemaker
  • Members
  • 1940 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 05:50 AM

i say to the mages to shut their yaps on this post. so you wont round people. oh no! ur invis anyway, do what u do to everyone that u do to people u cant round- bring invis clannies or wait til they are slight-mod.

the point i want to make here, as being one of the main mages used to test the absorb eq, this more or less balances them out extremely well. when asked NICELY instead of bitching and complaining on the forum about the 2 other classes that can just walk about and kill people, i got a rather nice reply, they will be looked at next and something will be done. so before you make anymore posts about dmg or etc, wait til u see it. i think its a really good addition, and im a mage. it doesnt affect how u train, what monsters or bosses u kill, and it makes pking a bit more than a mage slaughtering 1 person and reinvising before hes killed (given they survive or have people with them) or before someone walks by and gets them.

Lets say mage 254hp vs druid 295hp. both classes anfter full rounds done with basic eq and mag absorb ended up with about 15% hp left. OMG NOT 15% ??!?! THAT MEANS U DIDNT ROUND HIM. the mage still won in the end, it just made it closer and more survivable. get use to it, its gona be staying around, i can just tell.

as for complaining about every other class, shush, mages were first because they have 1. been wrecking the most hell and 2. everyone has 1 bc of it. this will encourage more people to make other classes and things will balance out. Next up will be the other rather overpowered classes- and less populated. reason i see them coming next or even last? theres 1 arch zerk in game, 3 arch thieves, and like uh 9 or 10 arch mages. end of story.

give it up, it isnt going away, and its far from overweakening mages, and corey, it was tested primarily with a h-elf mage, the midmark in the road for int, and i did just fine in testing, its just far mor balanced than 1. GO 2. MAGE rounds DRUID or PALLY, and 3. MAGE wins.

and i hit around 59-62 on 20 wis unspelled or modded, and about 54-57 with the tested mod given to druids. its not that bad. so stop crying.

You clap at Lappa's performance. Way to put things in the right perspective.
Peacemaker both servers.

#43 Throwback

Throwback
  • Members
  • 1248 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 09:45 AM

to what extent was the absorb stacked, was it a human or elf or h-elf or halfling druid as the hp obviously arent in the same class....im sure in the long run it doesnt matter, lappa couldnt round solstice b4 absorb so of course it wouldnt w/o the equip but w/e, ill get all the absorb stuff and then u guys will have to wait till im mort and not mod to hit me. As you can tell ive given up trying to go against emma on this.

Edited by Throwback, 05 September 2007 - 09:46 AM.

#44 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 10:18 AM

Undertow is 1 lvl below me and I cant round that? Another reason why this shouldnt be added.

Really now. I bet you still win the fight in the end though eh? Selfish #####.

And as for continually pointing out what JLH has said:

if you had 2 items that both removed 20% of the damage, the total removed would actually be 36%

LOOK AT THE DAMN FIRST WORD! IT SAYS

IF

It does NOT say "ya we r going to put in itemz wiyth 20% absorb". It's just a mooseing example.

People have been saying for AGES "lets have something to balance fighters/rangers against mages". This is what staff have come up with. It is GOOD. Now seriously STFU.
+1 post count ggpwnedkthxbai

it's plausible that the SOB hasn't spawned

¯¨:·»Gently spamming the forum since 2003«·:¨¯

#45 Foxie

Foxie

• Members
  • 791 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 03:54 PM

I'm going to have the last say on this. Because i'm fed up of everyones speculations about this.

1. There are slight unbalances within a few classes.
2. Absorb is a function which should have been available a long while ago.
3. Everyone is under the impression that how they saw me test things (With the testing amulet) is how it is going to be added. IT IS NOT.
4. Everyone is assuming things will have a 0.1 absorb or even more. It is more likely that things will have a 0.03 absorb which will lower beam by 1 damage.
5. However things are added.. they will be COSTLY.
6. Absorb is NOT being added to balance everything... it has the same function as stat mods, armour, base damage, mana leech... IT IS SIMPLY TO ADD FURTHER DIVERSITY TO WEAPONS.

#46 Foxie

Foxie

• Members
  • 791 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 04:08 PM

If its going to work diffrently then what JLH posted then staff need to post how its going to work diffrently. So people will stop thinking this is the way its going to go then it not go this way. Ok? Thanks.

STAFF DO NOT HAVE TO EXPLAIN HOW EVERYTHING WILL WORK. IF WE DID YOU'D KNOW WHAT YOU HAD TO DO WHEN THINGS WERE ADDED TO THE GAME. YOU GUYS NEED TO STOP SPECULATING AND JUST WAIT AND SEE HOW THINGS WILL WORK.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users