Posted 15 January 2006 - 10:29 AM

Wow.. Something we both agree on.. :(

Yeah lol scary :ph34r:
Disaster ingame.

#32 Guest_Simon_*

Guest_Simon_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 January 2006 - 10:51 AM

Lol. Didn't even read your post Gaddy, just read the main post but i see what you mean.

I suppose that means i support it too, but just would like to see a few changes in its retrospective areas in terms of items. Not sure if that makes ANY sense.

Personally I liked the Idea when it was suggested for clan houses while ago TBH but never voiced my opinion cause at that point in the game I figured it didn't really matter anyway. Not that it matters here either but at least this time I tried to be heard.

Tough part is still getting it implemented though staff are too busy anymore to do anything, let alone enough time to be convinced it would be a popular idea. Especially sense thier developing NM2 in thier spare time, which i imagine they have little of.

But Good Luck anyways.

#33 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 11:22 AM

This is a good idea. Personally I would never use it, even back when I used to play loads, simply because there is no gain. Would be nice if you got equivalent items...nothing as valuable as an AoH, but maybe vindicator's boots equivalent or something.
+1 post count ggpwnedkthxbai

it's plausible that the SOB hasn't spawned

¯¨:·»Gently spamming the forum since 2003«·:¨¯

#34 Pureza

Pureza

It's 4:20, do you know where your papers are???

• Members
  • 1858 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 08:30 AM

Supported, definitely like Gaddy's idea of being able to get worthwhile items out of it as well. Say 100k to fight Spider King to get A SK token and 10-15 SK tokens to get AoH or summat. It'll also make it easier for some of the less experienced when it comes to budgeting to get some of the nicer items ingame. It would be alot easier for them to save the tokens then it is to save the gold.
Jaded ingame.

#35 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 09:54 AM

Ooh minor thought, you could do cool things like have a Red Dragon, which is exactly the same as a Blue Dragon, except you are only allowed 10 crits on the square...then a Black Dragon, where you are only allowed 8!

#36 MysticStorm

MysticStorm
  • Members
  • 492 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 10:48 AM

I have to agree with Simon 100%. No one is going to pay any amount of money just to get some token that gets you worthless stuff. I wouldn't even pay the money just on the exp gain alone. My clan, mana for my crits, weapons and armor is zapping enough of my gold as it is. The area will just become useless and that's all this game doesn't need, is another ueseless area that won't be ever used.

So NOT supported.

Edited by MysticStorm, 17 January 2006 - 10:48 AM.

#37 Trevayne

Trevayne
  • Advisors
  • 1841 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 02:13 PM

No one is going to pay any amount of money just to get some token that gets you worthless stuff.

Absolutely untrue. Look at the bids in the items for sale forum. Current bids on an Amulet of Pandilex, a worthless amulet with no stat mods, no armor, and no uses are at 150k gold/3 CRs. People will pay for worthless collector's items. Plus, in this case, what they are getting is the enjoyment of fighting a boss. Why would people spend 50k on a worthless mosh? For the fun of it. How many moshes have you seen run since JLH put that in a week ago?

My clan, mana for my crits, weapons and armor is zapping enough of my gold as it is.

This is not an area that is intended for everyone. If you're worrying about getting gold for your clan or to buy equipment, this is not the place for you. This area was designed for the 10% of NM players who control 80%+ of the game's economy. It was designed to suck some of the gold out of their pockets, let them have some fun, and get the economy back to a more reasonable level. If I were building up my clan at this point, I'd be all for that.

Personally I liked the Idea when it was suggested for clan houses while ago

I liked it then also. The problem with it back then was that other than the cost of the room, there was no continuing cost associated with it. You could spawn Blue Dragons in your clan house and just sit there all day trying things out. That's unbalanced. If you need to pay every time you want to try this, that's much closer to being balanced.

Tough part is still getting it implemented though staff are too busy anymore to do anything, let alone enough time to be convinced it would be a popular idea.

That is a problem. The area was designed to be implemented without any changes to the game engine, and with only minor additions of new items/creatures. (The new creatures and items are simple to add, since they add nothing to the game, staff do not need to worry about how to balance them against existing items.) Will it get implemented? Who knows. It would be nice to have a staff member comment on it though... *nudge nudge*
Aeryn and Trevayne in game.

#38 MysticStorm

MysticStorm
  • Members
  • 492 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 09:08 PM

I wasn't saying that I wanted money for my clan. If i'm going to spend 1.5 mil to kill a boss, i'd better be getting some damn good experience points out of it which I wouldn't be. The items, I don't really care about. Throw those in what have you. I would rather see it become a good training area and spend a mil doing that. Thre are reasons for this answer, but it would be too long and no one would care anyways so won't bore you to death. I just don't see this area being used by anyone and feel that the existing areas should be worked on first to get more playerbase appeal before a new area is added.

#39 The Unholy Newt

The Unholy Newt
  • Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 11:43 PM

Supported.

Also can it be put on the kill list on the site when you kill the SK, or any other bossess in the colliseum that it is called Phantasm Spider King, or something similiar so that people can't go, yeah I've killed the SK xxx times, I own. So there is a difference between the real bosses and the phantasm bosses.

#40 Perfection

Perfection
  • Members
  • 917 posts

Posted 18 January 2006 - 06:56 PM

wow what an idea!!
Pulsar, Gremlin or Old_Dog in game. (multi alt only)

#41 combusta

combusta
  • Members
  • 1185 posts

Posted 18 January 2006 - 07:24 PM

supported, but ill never waste cash on that

ah the intelligence of combusta, the envy of all nightmist players...

o shut up tony

#42 acehardware

acehardware
  • Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 04:07 AM

sounds retarded...

supported
chuck norris > all

#43 Elrik

Elrik
  • Members
  • 362 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 07:30 AM

Good idea! I'll never be able to use it, but it's a good idea for everyone else. It may even free up some of the real bosses while the "targeted players" are coming up with battle plans. :(

Edit: It'd be even cooler if Ganymede were there too, or was he mentioned...

Edited by Elrik, 19 January 2006 - 07:38 AM.

#44 Momba

Momba
  • Members
  • 670 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 08:59 AM

OMFrickenG what an awesome idea. This is one of the better ideas I've seen in a long long time.

One thing that should be added is that all crits are made visible upon entering and after the monster is killed that all crits be teleported back to thier local. This will prevent players from sitting on the square and preventing others from entering.

Man I wish they woulda had this when I first started. In my first clan we would often do bosses only to get smoked. Would be a nice addition for n00b clans to practice thier skills and see if they have what it takes to take on the real deal.
My inner child is a mean little f*ucker

#45 Azza

Azza
  • Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 07:28 PM

Sorry... forgot to mention a few things.

The prizes would always have no armor value and no stat bonuses... so they would technically be worthless. They would have value only as collectors items in the same way that a Chocolate Spider King is. (They might, however, be equippable and worthless, like a lover's locket.)

Supported 100% sounds fun

#46 Stotic

Stotic
  • Members
  • 530 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 07:51 PM

An interesting idea. I'm not too keen on allowing players to spawn existing bosses because I believe that only those who go through the work of reaching a boss should experience an encounter with it. New bosses could be created though that would be exclusive to the arena.
We'll douse ourselves in gasoline and hang our bodies from the lampposts.

#47 Trevayne

Trevayne
  • Advisors
  • 1841 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 09:23 PM

An interesting idea. I'm not too keen on allowing players to spawn existing bosses because I believe that only those who go through the work of reaching a boss should experience an encounter with it. New bosses could be created though that would be exclusive to the arena.

I'd be just as excited to have new bosses in there, but was trying to keep the development cost of this to a minimum. If you're interested in a few ideas, please contact me and I'll send some directly to you.

#48 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 11:09 PM

Even though I don't know Mandrake, it's only human to put in a few jokes. Wouldn't it be funny if someone spent days preparing and planning only to find out the real thing had a uber trumpcard up its sleeve?
Posted Image

#49 «™®?¨CHaÏNY¨?™»

«™®?¨CHaÏNY¨?™»
  • Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 05:23 PM

I read most of the replies, just one thought though, maybe not a good idea to have the kill added to your kill list. I know it is an important feature to a lot of players and it wouldn't be fair on those that have toughed it against the real deal to see us lot get bosses on our kill list when all we've done is paid for the privelage and not earned it.
sorry if this is a repeat suggestion but there was a lot to read through
Why is it you can sue a cigarette company for cancer, McDonalds for getting fat, but you cant sue Smirnoff for all the ugly people youve slept with?!

#50 Trevayne

Trevayne
  • Advisors
  • 1841 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 07:06 PM

/t Chainy The boss would have a slightly different name if it were modelled on an existing in-game boss. So instead of fighting the "Spider King", you would fight an "Illusory Spider King" or a "Phantasm of the Blue Dragon". You get a unique kill on your list, and it does not overlap with the real deal.

#51 JLH

JLH

Administrator

• Admin
  • 1771 posts

Posted 28 January 2006 - 07:49 PM

Would be very easy to add this if it was done like the current arena system.
IE, you click summon monster to make a new one appear, however the limit would be set to 1 instead of 5, and a random monster would appear.
It just comes down to making a room to do it and placing it somewhere convienient, maybe in 1 of the further away cities to spread people around a bit more. since pete's is in resthaven, and a lot of people are in arilin and nightmist, maybe silversail or blackthorn
Anything i post on here is subject to change at any time without notification to the board.

#52 Perfection

Perfection
  • Members
  • 917 posts

Posted 28 January 2006 - 08:18 PM

IE, you click summon monster to make a new one appear, however the limit would be set to 1 instead of 5, and a random monster would appear.
It just comes down to making a room to do it and placing it somewhere convienient, maybe in 1 of the further away cities to spread people around a bit more. since pete's is in resthaven, and a lot of people are in arilin and nightmist, maybe silversail or blackthorn

i like idea of blackthorn, lodestones nice and close :(
Pulsar, Gremlin or Old_Dog in game. (multi alt only)

#53 Trevayne

Trevayne
  • Advisors
  • 1841 posts

Posted 28 January 2006 - 08:29 PM

I'd be happy to help write descriptions or anything you'd need to get this put in.

I do want to make sure that people pay for each fight... the big point is to be able to suck some cash out of the game.

#54 fallen

fallen
  • Members
  • 1011 posts

Posted 28 January 2006 - 11:07 PM

ya BT does sound like a cool idea ... so are u gonna add a few buttons so u could summon differnet monsters (but of coruse sticking with the summon on at a time thing)

BTW if this gets added well done I think its a sweet idea suggested something aloung the line sometime ago for a clan house room.

Edited by fallen, 28 January 2006 - 11:07 PM.

we will pass judgement on the day of your doom

#55 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 28 January 2006 - 11:24 PM

I assume you would build a whole bunch of rooms that are exactly like arenas but with the following changes:

-One max monster
-The "list" that the game chooses from randomly is populated by only one monster name

So there'd be a Phantom Spider King room and then an Illusionary Blue Dragon room somewhere else.

...I think that's how it would have to work if we're not changing any coding.

As an additional idea, why not place the arena smack-dab in the desert? Give it a kind of prestigous feel by surrounding it by prestigous monsters?
Posted Image

#56 Azza

Azza
  • Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 28 January 2006 - 11:28 PM

As an additional idea, why not place the arena smack-dab in the desert? Give it a kind of prestigous feel by surrounding it by prestigous monsters?

i like that it wud be like mirages from the heat that u get in deserts.

#57 fallen

fallen
  • Members
  • 1011 posts

Posted 28 January 2006 - 11:29 PM

Sounds like a awsome place to get "EVENT DAY" going

http://www.nightmist...showtopic=15678

:( :ph34r:
we will pass judgement on the day of your doom

#58 Wind

Wind

Kevbear <3

• Members
  • 1021 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 12:58 PM

Sounds good supported :(
Cry me a river!

Character Name: Wind on both servers!

#59 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 01:39 PM

I probably said this already, but SUPPORTED... :(

#60 Foxie

Foxie

525,600 minutes - how do you measure a year?

• Members
  • 791 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 08:09 PM

I support this, because it would as previously stated, provide chances for people to fight bosses which are not easily accessable. It can offer something to do when bosses are not in, and wouldn't be too difficult to impliment, my only question would be would you keep the xp/pod the same as the normal bosses, fair enough you would be charging, but for richer players whom have oodles of gold, you may risk making some areas redundant for training purposes.
On main Azure/Foxie in game.
On 1a Azure, Melody, Faith, Solstice, Wylow, Hope in game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users