Photo

Should Nm Multi Have Pk Turned Back On?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
102 replies to this topic

Poll: Poll (45 member(s) have cast votes)

Should NM Multi have PK turned back on?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#31 Cadabra

Cadabra

(¯`·¸¸» ÇåÐàß®ä «¸¸·´¯)

• Members
  • 2361 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 07:46 PM

unless i see a good enough reason otherwise - i will turn PKing back on on Friday 9th at midnight (gives staff enough time to change anything as needed)

There is no actual real reason not to turn it back on.

Should make a few things KTP on multi too just to make it a little bit interesting :ph34r: lol
Nightmist is like Pringles, once you pop you just cant stop.

#32 Sentry

Sentry
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 09:20 PM

I used to play Nightmist years ago, and quit around the time where NM1a was just talk and not implemented yet. Thought I'd check out the forums (obviously didn't remember by account info and made a new one xD) and see what was goin on.

Back when I played PKing made the game so much more interesting, and was a great factor in clan wars, boss kills, etc. I'm actually surprised to hear that it has been disabled haha.

I'm actually thinking of beginning a fresh start on the game and having some friends give it a try for the first time. Do you guys think that its worth it for new players to begin? It seems that the player base isn't as large as I remember it to be, and it would kinda suck if all of the players were all elites with 20+ archmaster crits that pwn you every which way you go lol. Let me know what you all think, thanks.

#33 Cadabra

Cadabra

(¯`·¸¸» ÇåÐàß®ä «¸¸·´¯)

• Members
  • 2361 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 09:25 PM

I used to play Nightmist years ago, and quit around the time where NM1a was just talk and not implemented yet. Thought I'd check out the forums (obviously didn't remember by account info and made a new one xD) and see what was goin on.

Back when I played PKing made the game so much more interesting, and was a great factor in clan wars, boss kills, etc. I'm actually surprised to hear that it has been disabled haha.

I'm actually thinking of beginning a fresh start on the game and having some friends give it a try for the first time. Do you guys think that its worth it for new players to begin? It seems that the player base isn't as large as I remember it to be, and it would kinda suck if all of the players were all elites with 20+ archmaster crits that pwn you every which way you go lol. Let me know what you all think, thanks.

A few people i know have said they will start fresh if multi goes back PK, so you will not be alone.

Also... Josh has started fresh atm so train up some thieves and jump him in swamps. haha

<3 josh

#34 Isolated

Isolated
  • Members
  • 774 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 09:32 PM

you dont have to worry about it too much...

A few people i know have said they will start fresh if multi goes back PK, so you will not be alone.

Also... Josh has started fresh atm so train up some thieves and jump him in swamps. haha

<3 josh

bring it <3
f uck you I wont do what you tell me

#35 Sentry

Sentry
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 09:34 PM

Lmao looks like I'm gonna start rollin, bring on the PK!

#36 Elf

Elf
  • Game Staff
  • 439 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 09:39 PM

Actually it needs to be changed "before" not after
is that not the same mistake we have made over and over before ?

just turn it on..... then sort... hmmm oops we did not think of that ! ah well
we will fix it now and those that profited just can smile at the rest........

kind of like jumping in the ocean..... then looking for the sharks eh ?

just my thoughts.... if it will be. fix it before... not during or after......

Elf

Meeting you was fate,
Becoming your friend was a choice,
But falling in love with you was beyond my control..

#37 Cadabra

Cadabra

(¯`·¸¸» ÇåÐàß®ä «¸¸·´¯)

• Members
  • 2361 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 10:46 PM

Well the quicker its changed the quicker people on multi can have fun again and maybe get old players back that left because of the nopk or some new players.

Also i would like it if my posts didnt get deleted please.

#38 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5241 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 10:53 PM

This server is setup for PKing and the number of alts allowable.
So...it should run just fine with the change.

We can then evaluate if we made adjustments that should be altered back for PKing.
There is a big difference between this server change and the 1-alt server being opened.
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#39 Walt

Walt
  • Members
  • 993 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 10:58 PM

Then, we need to chat as a team about a few things-
The Museum
Potions (new? Values with 31+ hp, costs)

Why should the zeum be changed, you have 20 chars you can run around on and make enough gold.
And now potions, are you kidding me? Having 31+ potion values? Use the unkown brews, and deal like everyone else has to. I see lots of dead ppl on main soon, so better stock up on ad pots.

And bring on the pks, I still have one arch thief. HnR or PK and log ftw.
I would ask myself why, but even I do not know everything.

#40 Ryan

Ryan
  • Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 11:09 PM

i dont have anything on multi.. me and jono traded all our multi so we would be good on 1a.. oh wait, no we didnt..

#41 Dekade

Dekade
  • Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 11:25 PM

I think the main thing that is going to have to be looked at before pk is turned back on is the new stamina gains on main. With the level increasing all the different rates a character has such as dodge, hit, resit, and damage. There was no real problem with giving more stam when pk was off because all you were using your crits for was killing mobs. With pk back on going to have to look in class balancing again. (This is something that when wrong with 1a. Don't make the same mistake twice)
Logos.

#42 Cadabra

Cadabra

(¯`·¸¸» ÇåÐàß®ä «¸¸·´¯)

• Members
  • 2361 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 01:41 AM

I think the main thing that is going to have to be looked at before pk is turned back on is the new stamina gains on main. With the level increasing all the different rates a character has such as dodge, hit, resit, and damage. There was no real problem with giving more stam when pk was off because all you were using your crits for was killing mobs. With pk back on going to have to look in class balancing again. (This is something that when wrong with 1a. Don't make the same mistake twice)

The only thing that needs balancing on the 1alt server is thieves.

The people that now play multi will run 20 alts...now i dont see how things need balancing if people are gonna 20v20.
1alt is much different its just 1 death and your done.

#43 Walt

Walt
  • Members
  • 993 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 02:03 AM

The people that now play multi will run 20 alts...now i dont see how things need balancing if people are gonna 20v20.

Unless you have just one person pking a party, then if it is kinda close to your local, you have a second chance of dying.
I would ask myself why, but even I do not know everything.

#44 Dekade

Dekade
  • Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 06:38 AM

I still think you will need to look into no matter if its 20v20 or not. If 10 thieves with the new stamina can go through 15-16 rangers armor easy then I wouldn't consider that very balanced. Thats just an example.
Logos.

#45 Ryan

Ryan
  • Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 07:12 AM

see where he's coming from.. but that will make main a little more diverse.. because 10 zerkers will pwn 10 thieves and 10 rangers will own 10 zerkers... best bet would be to get 10 mages :ph34r:...

on a side note, since i dont play main, what lvls a mage past 30?.. aop?...

#46 shomer

shomer
  • Members
  • 1104 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 08:45 AM

the only people with 6 stam thieves on main don't pk anyway. you don't get the 6th until level 34 so if you train one up that high you deserve the benefits
Page me on Heritage

#47 Dekade

Dekade
  • Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 08:59 AM

the only people with 6 stam thieves on main don't pk anyway. you don't get the 6th until level 34 so if you train one up that high you deserve the benefits

No need to hate but 34 isn't all that high especially for a thief and especially for being able to use alts lol. Just take a look at 1a number of arch+ thieves nearly triples any other class. But anyways, I havn't really looked at the stam gains much I just know that 20alts with the regular 5stam was fine and with the hp and rates going up each level the 5 stam would surely be good enough for anything major. I know they added the extra stam so those who did level would have something to look forward to and thats great. Just saying I'd look into it before it gets out of hand, if they see its balanced now thats fine, just no need to make the same mistake twice.
Logos.

#48 Cadabra

Cadabra

(¯`·¸¸» ÇåÐàß®ä «¸¸·´¯)

• Members
  • 2361 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 09:01 AM

I still think you will need to look into no matter if its 20v20 or not. If 10 thieves with the new stamina can go through 15-16 rangers armor easy then I wouldn't consider that very balanced. Thats just an example.

Well as ive seen on 1alt it would take 2 thieves with 6 stam to take one of the rangers down that are out there now so work it out... it would take 10 thieves to 5 rangers and thats even if they all hit.

/nod...

Lvl anything to the next stamina on multi and you deserve the benefits.

#49 Cadabra

Cadabra

(¯`·¸¸» ÇåÐàß®ä «¸¸·´¯)

• Members
  • 2361 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 09:03 AM

No need to hate but 34 isn't all that high especially for a thief and especially for being able to use alts lol. Just take a look at 1a number of arch+ thieves nearly triples any other class. But anyways, I havn't really looked at the stam gains much I just know that 20alts with the regular 5stam was fine and with the hp and rates going up each level the 5 stam would surely be good enough for anything major. I know they added the extra stam so those who did level would have something to look forward to and thats great. Just saying I'd look into it before it gets out of hand, if they see its balanced now thats fine, just no need to make the same mistake twice.

Do you even play?

Oh and You say 34 aint hard? Go ahead and look at thier game time is all imma say.

#50 Dekade

Dekade
  • Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 09:20 AM

Yes Matty, And calm down. :ph34r:

For one, I'm not saying "Omg change the stamina or its gonna be overpowerd and blah blah" I'm just saying it should be looked at, hell it doesn't even have to be changed lol, just test it.

For two, 34 is not an 'easy' task on 1a but to go by game and such is no way to prove it. Most of the thieves have been sold back and forth and sat on afk for hours and etc.

Anyways, Calm down I'm not against main having more stamina I'm just saying that it should be looked at and confirmed before pk is turned on or during the first few days of it being turned on lol. <3
Logos.

#51 Ryan

Ryan
  • Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 09:21 AM

/nod cadabra.. not to mention it isnt exactly cheap to lvl...

#52 Cadabra

Cadabra

(¯`·¸¸» ÇåÐàß®ä «¸¸·´¯)

• Members
  • 2361 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 09:25 AM

Stamina was well thought about on multi. Thieves arent and Wont be overpowering on main EVER.

/t Dekade Who are you?

#53 Dekade

Dekade
  • Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 09:29 AM

When I used the 10 thief vs 15 ranger example I didnt mean it as thieves gonna be able to take rangers easy. I meant it as an example it could of been 10 Zerk vs 15 ranger but I just typed thief vs ranger lol. And im sure the stam was thought out carefully just saying sheesh! :ph34r:
Logos.

#54 Ryan

Ryan
  • Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 11:18 AM

ftr, ima dissagree with both of you and say it is easy as hell to lvl thieves on 1a and main.. just hard for my noob ass to get tokens so i gave up on thieves lol.. gonna pwn with demi classes ftw.. .lol

edit:then again its pretty ez to lvl anything if u do it right..just takes a lil time..

Edited by Ryan, 04 January 2009 - 11:20 AM.

#55 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 11:31 AM

Bombs need to be changed back, but I do not know the values that were on them.
I actually am not even sure if I know all of the bombs...

Then, we need to chat as a team about a few things-
The Museum
Random Bosses (new and to be put in)
Limiting Crafting (no quest like items)
Potions (new? Values with 31+ hp, costs)

But before most of these, we can just wait to see if people even come with PKing back.

I can help you here...

Bombs:

Fire Bomb - 8
Fireburst Potion - 15
Flash Powder - 3
Lightning Bomb - 12
Thunderbomb - 20

Those are the bombs that I designed a while ago. To be honest, considering how hard it is to craft the Fireburst Potion, Lightning Bomb and Thunderbomb, their values may be a little low.

As for potions, I could re-submit my Superior Healing Potion and Superior Mana Crystal suggestions (gives 200 units and an average price of 500)...

Random bosses... except maybe some low-level ones, I would have thought that there were plenty of bosses in-game for now.
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#56 Prophet

Prophet
  • Members
  • 1772 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 02:56 PM

The classes will be the same as before, even given the new stamina i.e. Zerks>Everything else on the game even with ridiculous equipment, don't believe me? Ask Mark what happened when we dueled :ph34r:
Si Senior!

#57 Wind

Wind

Kevbear <3

• Members
  • 1021 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 04:27 PM

I looked at this topic and just started laughing so much. Alot of the people above dont know what the hell they are talking about? I agree with Ryan 100% thieves are still nothing BAD even if they have gotten extra stamina, because all the other classes have gotten extra HP! It is way different dueling 1v1 from dueling 20v20 believe me. So many people posting on this topic dont even play multi.
Cry me a river!

Character Name: Wind on both servers!

#58 Payne

Payne
  • Members
  • 816 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 07:36 PM

not every1 gonna agree with this but since lots of people gave/sold all their main stuff to join 1 alt cause of nopk
i say it there should be a server reset have every1 start fresh from lvl 1. lol i would hate to try to play main again with 3-4 char and get raped by a party of 20 would be pointless to even play again if thats the case ill be in 1 alt alone lol

Rafa
Astinus on 1alt Only

#59 SwampStalker

SwampStalker
  • Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 07:40 PM

^agreed

1a: Repulse/Cracka/Flame

Main: Cracka

#60 Dekade

Dekade
  • Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 07:53 PM

not every1 gonna agree with this but since lots of people gave/sold all their main stuff to join 1 alt cause of nopk
i say it there should be a server reset have every1 start fresh from lvl 1. lol i would hate to try to play main again with 3-4 char and get raped by a party of 20 would be pointless to even play again if thats the case ill be in 1 alt alone lol

Rafa

I disagree with because it was their choice to use there main to get better at 1a. Besides now some of the people who still have main but enjoy the 1a server more might end up selling some of there main for the ones who chose to go back or play main again. Some players chose to keep all there main and work hard for what they have on 1a no need to punish them nor the players who never went to 1a. However in my own opinion I think nightmist would be better off with just 1 server. Fully reset and balanced to however many alts the staff want to be allowable from 1-5-10-20 or whatever. That of course wont happen so not even gonna bother going on with it more. And I would think that 1a needs a reset and rebalanced more then that of main.

On a side not I think that starting everyone fresh would be funner to me, but not quite to others.

Edited by Dekade, 04 January 2009 - 07:54 PM.

Logos.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users