Bankroll

• Please log in to reply
128 replies to this topic

#31 Perfector

Perfector
  • Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 25 September 2005 - 08:07 PM

I was trying to state that some of the "slip of the toungue" of passwords have involved someone pretending to be people theyre not ... and i agree with jai ... i value some of my crits ive rolled and trained myself more then i would value all of those items put together.

#32 JLH

JLH

Administrator

• Admin
  • 1771 posts

Posted 25 September 2005 - 08:08 PM

ultimately, i have to draw the line somewhere
as i said to ed (which he didn't paste in here), if i was being fair to everyone for everything, if someone stole 100 gold off you, you'd want me to act.
so there is a high line drawn of tens of millions.
Anything i post on here is subject to change at any time without notification to the board.

#33 Perfector

Perfector
  • Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 25 September 2005 - 08:13 PM

ahhh i got ya ... kinda how "society" looks down on the smaller people and doesn't care unless someone of the higher class gets robbed or something.. nice to know all players matter.

Nice to know those 4 or 5 people with that amount are taken care of though.

Edited by Perfector, 25 September 2005 - 08:16 PM.

#34 JLH

JLH

Administrator

• Admin
  • 1771 posts

Posted 25 September 2005 - 08:14 PM

my life matters, i'm not spending an hour investigating 100 gold...
Anything i post on here is subject to change at any time without notification to the board.

#35 Perfector

Perfector
  • Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 25 September 2005 - 08:17 PM

then one last simple point.. do as you said what wasgonne be done and don't intervene in theft at all ... there and no time taken from you life :(

Edited by Perfector, 25 September 2005 - 08:18 PM.

#36 Dark

Dark

Cronus ingame

• Members
  • 696 posts

Posted 25 September 2005 - 08:16 PM

if your time is so precious why not just not give anyone help in that way?

#37 JLH

JLH

Administrator

• Admin
  • 1771 posts

Posted 25 September 2005 - 08:17 PM

because i care? lol
if i didn't, why do i spend about $200/month running this?

#38 Dark

Dark

Cronus ingame

• Members
  • 696 posts

Posted 25 September 2005 - 08:21 PM

so you care but only enougth to help the rich stay rich?

#39 Perfector

Perfector
  • Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 25 September 2005 - 08:23 PM

I'm done, its the same argument we all had with simon... apparently they will help who they want when they want. so much for the "no help during thefts" rule.

Edited by Perfector, 25 September 2005 - 08:25 PM.

#40 Dark

Dark

Cronus ingame

• Members
  • 696 posts

Posted 25 September 2005 - 08:26 PM

Ditto

#41 Sneaky

Sneaky
  • Members
  • 2372 posts

Posted 25 September 2005 - 08:26 PM

How is he letting the rich stay rich? It's deception, its not just simple theft. If Ed had Jess's account password, then it would be a completely different story. He went out of his way to fool people into giving him things, pretending to be someone else.
Chuck Norris wears Jack Bauer pajamas.

deimos the noob said no

#42 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 25 September 2005 - 08:27 PM

This theft was caused by a player giving items to what she thought was a trusted friend, but turned out the crit was under the control of another player without her knowing... impersonation. If you get stolen because you start sharing with someone, or you give out your password, then help will not be given because it is like knowingly giving someone your credit card details or your car keys away, which to me is stupidity if you do not live right next door to the person in question.
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#43 Perfector

Perfector
  • Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 25 September 2005 - 08:29 PM

And I was stating that the accts that had been taken due to this TYPE of theft (someone pretending to be who theyre not gettin given a password or something just as she gave the items not knowing it was not the person on thier alt) did not even get looked at.

#44 Dark

Dark

Cronus ingame

• Members
  • 696 posts

Posted 25 September 2005 - 08:30 PM

ok basicly best way i can defend what ive said is compare it to when i had my mage stolen i had thought it was one of my friends in clan, they had sold and not changed tag, and this person passed himself off as my friend so me none wiser when he asked to play with my mage i let him it was stolen and when i asked jlh he just said was my own fault.
but if i were rich n done same thing i would have had help... thats unfair

#45 Sean

Sean
  • Members
  • 976 posts

Posted 25 September 2005 - 08:34 PM

yeah so kev/tom/bun/alex should get thier account back because that was deception right?...

mooseing hypocrite admins
Stadic Ingame...

#46 DragonHeart

DragonHeart

SnowMan1986

• Members
  • 739 posts

Posted 25 September 2005 - 08:50 PM

i ain't trying to offend no one,but i believe she shouldn't have been given the items back,i say what u do for one person,you should do for another.
Crusader/Raistlin/Spyhunter ingame

#47 combusta

combusta
  • Members
  • 1185 posts

Posted 25 September 2005 - 09:02 PM

I have a question

When did whoever stole the items ever say he was "Jim" he was just "bankroll" and thats exactly who she gave her stuff 2.

this is BS and favoritism and u all know it, idc wtf impersonation is, cuz lets face it, Ed has a good acc, if he got jacked staff wouldnt care. If me, David, or Ori got jacked, would staff care(we dont share, ori's acc prob=30m davids=20m mines=12-15m)? no. But when Jess gets jacked, we all gotta run 2 save her, BULLnuts.

ah the intelligence of combusta, the envy of all nightmist players...

o shut up tony

#48 Vodka

Vodka
  • Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 25 September 2005 - 09:32 PM

no offense to jess, but i don't see why she should get her stuff back..plenty of people get robbed and nothing is done, and when staff HAVE tried to interfere they've gotten tons of crap for it..

why is this situation any different?

you give something to someone=it's theres

I have to agree. You risk getting your stuff stolen when handing it over to someone else. (Why on earth you'd let anyone borrow the rares in the first place is beyond me. Knowing that people will be jealous and one day want to try and make those items their very own.)

Like everyone else has said.. (big) thefts happen all the time. Whether whatever was taken be at high or low value. Certain players shouldn't get special treatment just because of the value of their account or what admins value it at. Other's value stuff differently.

Just sucks the amount of people you're able to trust are getting slimmer and slimmer.
When you do something right nobody remembers, but when you do something wrong nobody forgets.

Hump in game.

#49 Sleeping

Sleeping
  • Members
  • 669 posts

Posted 25 September 2005 - 09:35 PM

What nightmist have came to; a hard working thief can’t steal anymore and get away with it :( Lets ban admins for breaking rules and return stuff to ed/bill

Seriously people, a known thief tried to pull big deal and you say “yea, so smart, I wish I could think of it too” and then complain when staff intervenes?! Or you think it is really so bad that one person out of dozens (hundreds?) incidents got helped out? Why you just can’t feel happy that one theft was stopped? Ideally, it should happen everytime like this.

I have a question

When did whoever stole the items ever say he was "Jim" he was just "bankroll" and thats exactly who she gave her stuff 2.

this is BS and favoritism and u all know it, idc wtf impersonation is, cuz lets face it,  Ed has a good acc, if he got jacked staff wouldnt care.  If me, David, or Ori got jacked, would staff care(we dont share, ori's acc prob=30m davids=20m mines=12-15m)? no.  But when Jess gets jacked, we all gotta run 2 save her, BULLnuts.

It is BS and you know it. If I will log on Jlh, talk like Jlh and then ask you to lend me your stuff, how would you call it if not impersonation? Jlh never said that he will stop involving into player's things completely, the deal was only about shared accounts if you remember correctly.
Does not play well with others.

#50 Perfection

Perfection
  • Members
  • 917 posts

Posted 25 September 2005 - 09:45 PM

wtf .. shut up people

glad you got your stuff back jess :(
Pulsar, Gremlin or Old_Dog in game. (multi alt only)

#51 Simulation

Simulation
  • Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 25 September 2005 - 09:46 PM

What nightmist have came to; a hard working thief can’t steal anymore and get away with it :( Lets ban admins for breaking rules and return stuff to ed/bill

Seriously people, a known thief tried to pull big deal and you say “yea, so smart, I wish I could think of it too” and then complain when staff intervenes?! Or you think it is really so bad that one person out of dozens (hundreds?) incidents got helped out? Why you just can’t feel happy that one theft was stopped? Ideally, it should happen everytime like this.

I have a question

this is BS and favoritism and u all know it, idc wtf impersonation is, cuz lets face it,  Ed has a good acc, if he got jacked staff wouldnt care.  If me, David, or Ori got jacked, would staff care(we dont share, ori's acc prob=30m davids=20m mines=12-15m)? no.  But when Jess gets jacked, we all gotta run 2 save her, BULLnuts.

It is BS and you know it. If I will log on Jlh, talk like Jlh and then ask you to lend me your stuff, how would you call it if not impersonation? Jlh never said that he will stop involving into player's things completely, the deal was only about shared accounts if you remember correctly.

Has to be one of THE WORST comparisions ever. Congratulations... YOU my friend, are a complete idiot.
«¤Mêad¤»*

#52 Sleeping

Sleeping
  • Members
  • 669 posts

Posted 25 September 2005 - 09:52 PM

What nightmist have came to; a hard working thief can’t steal anymore and get away with it  :( Lets ban admins for breaking rules and return stuff to ed/bill

I have a question

Has to be one of THE WORST comparisions ever. Congratulations... YOU my friend, are a complete idiot.

Well I've just trying to explain how its impersonation and not something, think up better example if you are so smart lol. Everybody knows that Bankroll is Jim and Jim is Bankroll, just like with JLH :ph34r:
Does not play well with others.

#53 Simulation

Simulation
  • Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 25 September 2005 - 09:54 PM

Yes, but you can't log on JLH, that's what makes it a bad comparision.
«¤Mêad¤»*

#54 alone

alone
  • Members
  • 2261 posts

Posted 25 September 2005 - 10:57 PM

Yadda yadda. Ok, even if it was favoritism, what're you gonna do about it, cry some more? Boohoo, such a shame. You wasted countless hours only to get stolen from by some smartass kid.

I'd have thought it's also how you approach the situation, had Jess come on here and started blurting nonsense left right and centre, saying how poorly run this game is or something similar. She'd not have had any help. Did she once say "Give me back my stuff".. No. She simply stated what had happened.
"Entertain yourself with my nightmares."
- AfterAll

Bunny!

#55 combusta

combusta
  • Members
  • 1185 posts

Posted 25 September 2005 - 11:06 PM

u ppl all missing point of my post

he never said he was "jim" he was just bankroll, and jess gave her stuff 2 bankroll

Edited by combusta, 25 September 2005 - 11:07 PM.

ah the intelligence of combusta, the envy of all nightmist players...

o shut up tony

#56 «™®?¨CHaÏNY¨?™»

«™®?¨CHaÏNY¨?™»
  • Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 25 September 2005 - 11:16 PM

No frikking wonder no one wants to help. You lot nit pick at every little thing that is done. If you don't get anything out of it as far as you're concerned it was unfair or not worth it. If you ask me if you go to JLH with a ligit honest loss he would probably help you. As far as things go limits do have to be set but a lot of trust needs to be placed in staff so they can deal with these issues too and staff need to be there to help. Flame away I don't give a monkeys. Just give the guy a break.
Why is it you can sue a cigarette company for cancer, McDonalds for getting fat, but you cant sue Smirnoff for all the ugly people youve slept with?!

#57 MysticStorm

MysticStorm
  • Members
  • 492 posts

Posted 25 September 2005 - 11:39 PM

Here is an example of how JLH is willing to help anyone if it's legit.

I gave my crit Zaphrite to someone that I thought I could trust. When I did a /who Zaphrite the next morning to see if the crit had gained a level, the profile had gotten changed. I'm like wth? So, instead of crying about it on the forums, I simply IM'ed JLH and asked him if he could find out what account the crit was in. He was happy to oblige me with that information and I find out that the friend still had the crit and it was all just a mean joke and I did get my crit back from the friend himself.

Btw combusta... I get the point of your post but Jess never stated that the dude said he was this name or that... the person playing bankroll was acting exactly like jim. It's still impersonation.

#58 speedy

speedy
  • Members
  • 597 posts

Posted 26 September 2005 - 12:35 AM

no the part ppl are missing is jess KNEW bankroll as jim you gd moron's,and furthermore just stfu its jlh's game what he says goes end of story. also im glad you got everything back jess :(

I think all classes appart from pacifists should be removed, then we can all be hippies and play nice together

Inappropriate Avatar - Crane

#59 Payne

Payne
  • Members
  • 816 posts

Posted 26 September 2005 - 12:37 AM

id think that all those items would be worth more than 100m 70m is too low rofl
Astinus on 1alt Only

#60 deadman

deadman
  • Members
  • 2395 posts

Posted 26 September 2005 - 01:09 AM

wow do you guys make it your life to pregnant dog and moan about every little thing... do you sit here an wait for something to be said on forums you don't like just so you can complain...? wow it is Jlh's game his say he makes it free for us, if you do not like his deicision making then don't play it is that simple. Would you please stop going on an on already? It means nothing, absolutely nothing........
Contact Unforgiven on 1a.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users