Stopping Thievery/sharing Ect For Good

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
39 replies to this topic

#31 MysticStorm

MysticStorm
  • Members
  • 492 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 11:19 AM

Ok, so then just roll with the idea in the post that was posted. Ban/delete the crits that were stolen. Plain and simple.

I've stated it before, might as well do it again, stop the ability to transfer crits all together. Yes, it puts a damper on being able to sell crits but people are getting to lazy in this game. Make them roll their own and train their own damn crits. That way then, you can still share an account, won't get robbed because you can't transfer crits anywhere, and that solves everyone's problems. Yes, you can still have multiple accounts, but you'll have to roll the crit you want under that account.

It also will solve the economy problem too. Less crits brought in-game, the less gold that can be made and the rich stop getting richer by just sitting on their arse rolling and selling crits all day. Don't want a crit.. just delete it!

It's an easy and simple solution. Not hard and solves theft all together. Don't see why yall are hassling JLH about the thieves. It's a free game. You didn't pay money for any crits. If people are stupid enough to share and get stolen from, their loss, stop whining about it and hassling staff over the thefts and that includes everyone.

So there, 2 solutions that have been suggested. JLH is the game owner, let him decide on his own. He pays for this game.. not me, not anyone. If he's so sick of being hassled about the thefts and his time being used up that he could be using to spend on something else, he'll support one of the two ideas. Plain and simple. Stop the bashing, stop the childish bantering, and idiocy.

#32 deadman

deadman
  • Members
  • 2395 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 11:32 AM

Perm ban the person who stole whether sharing or not. That will make them think twice of doing it.
Contact Unforgiven on 1a.

#33 Kenzaburokamos

Kenzaburokamos
  • Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 01:48 PM

I think the complete opposite. IF you share, that is your choice. That is how you choose to play the game. I think staff should wash there hands of ALL types of theft period. As much as this is a game, it is similar to everyday life. If you open your own business, you might have to struggle a little harder and do more work, but you have the satisfaction of knowing you are in complete control. If you have a business PARTNER or INVESTOR then you loose some of that control, but things may be slightly easier on you. There are people in this game that can share and have no fear of being robbed by the other person. We all know who they are. Jared/Alan....the 3 or 4 in Dynasty that share, and so on. It all depends on the person. Choose to share with someone .....PAY THE mooseING CONSEQUENCES AND QUIT CRYING TO STAFF. Even with instances of so called "deception" in the past, if people would just use their mooseing brains a little more they would not get stolen from.

Everything I could have posted on this subject.

Why not just make NM like msn. I leave a crit logged on at home and then forget i left it on. I head over to my friends house real quick and realize i left it on in my house. I go...log on his pc with the crit i had left on; therefore bumping me off on my pc at home and now letting me use this crit here.

Now imagine I had an account sharer and i was in the middle of a mosh....and my share just so happens to log me off when a 10 man party is coming and he is now thrown into the mix...lmao... Not like it will be added...but its an imaginative game...think of other things cuz if ur stupid enough to share with someone u cant go eff' up in 3 minutes then dont cry. Staff should never have to deal with ppl crying about theft unless they find a way to literally hack into ur account. Like if someone got into my account and took my s$%t then I would know for sure i been hacked cuz not even my fiance knows my pw.
Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within...
Trance_Steel ingame

#34 .?.

.?.
  • Members
  • 1210 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 03:40 PM

This is un-fair, i alone have being shareing with my irl friend for 4 and a half years, if this was too happen, this should be your choice of an account, shareing account and non shareing account, if you share your choice would be "only allow up to 3 ip's on this account" if you don't want to share, allow 1 ip per account, shrug just an idea..but i don't support the idea above :(
Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for You are with me.

#35 Kenzaburokamos

Kenzaburokamos
  • Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 03:44 PM

what i wrote was merely to poke fun at the fact that there r countless things that can be done...lol.

But the point is...just like u said....ppl will always share...if thats what they want...then so be it. But if ur going to complain about sharing with someone you thought u knew and then they "backstab" you then they need to move on to another game. I beleive that the stealing going on is wrong...but just make sure you know what ur getting urself into b4 u share.
Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within...
Trance_Steel ingame

#36 Night_Angel

Night_Angel
  • Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 03:13 AM

i think this suggestion isnt good. i have my acct and i have my friends acount due to unforseen circumstances. for awhile i kept his seperate and was on both accts at the same ime. then i moved them. but while i kept them seperate, there should be no reason to permaban my comp because im using his crits when he gave me full verbal in person permission to do so. the problem isnt people sharing. its people sharing with their "friends" who they have never met and have no way of knowing if they can be trusted. i share with one person and when hes not where he is now, he is within reach to kick his ass if need be. share with teh people you know irl and can trust if you dont know them irl dont share with them. or shut up when you get jacked. simple enough. (hope this made sense the baby is eating brain cells and i cant talk or think straight)
Perhaps one day maybe I will understand PAIN. Why it is and how it has to be. Until then...

#37 Wind

Wind

Kevbear <3

• Members
  • 1021 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 08:57 AM

Not Supported

Me also share with irl friend's which i can trust...

But at the end of the day JLH pays for this game and if he wants to do something about theft he will and if he wants to shut the game now for you lot arguing over theft he can so stfu and let JLH decide what he wants to do himself.........
Cry me a river!

Character Name: Wind on both servers!

#38 combusta

combusta
  • Members
  • 1185 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 01:43 AM

no? me and david share, and even when we dont i know his acc pass anyway, so no...... not supported, ever....dont wanna get jacked dont share

ah the intelligence of combusta, the envy of all nightmist players...

o shut up tony

#39 kstarnestrading

kstarnestrading
  • Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 04:32 PM

I think that being a Theif takes skill and if you are stupid enough to share a account you diserve it to be taken from you. The staff should not be involved in with theifs there should be no bans or crying. Thanks KstarnesTrading
Tarl Ingame

#40 Trevayne

Trevayne
  • Advisors
  • 1841 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 05:10 PM

I think posts that are 9 months old should not be reopened.

I also think "thief" is spelled with "I" before "E" and I think its plural form is "thieves".
Aeryn and Trevayne in game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users