Photo

Should The Abandoned Tombs Be Set To Pk?

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

Poll: Should the Abandoned Tombs be set to pk? (78 member(s) have cast votes)

Should the Abandoned Tombs be set to pk?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5239 posts

Posted 05 July 2005 - 11:18 PM

Have to admit..that's pretty true Jim.
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#32 Ashton

Ashton
  • Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 06 July 2005 - 12:56 AM

If everyone had to start at the same spot each time they logged on it would change the face of the game for the better. To many people have boss checkers, huge amounts of alts stored in areas, etc. . .

True that

Someone should make a Failed Ideas thread.

Ashton - Explosion - Chaosbringer

#33 deadman

deadman
  • Members
  • 2395 posts

Posted 12 July 2005 - 06:11 PM

the area should never have been changed from what it was..... ruined something and now it will rarely be used.. not like i did anyways but damn now i see that good things never last they are always ruined.
Contact Unforgiven on 1a.

#34 speedy

speedy
  • Members
  • 597 posts

Posted 12 July 2005 - 11:12 PM

i wanna know how many ppl actually used this area since they put that horror hound in if anyone has even bothered

I think all classes appart from pacifists should be removed, then we can all be hippies and play nice together

Inappropriate Avatar - Crane

#35 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 13 July 2005 - 02:41 AM

i wanna know how many ppl actually used this area since they put that horror hound in if anyone has even bothered

I still use the area to train. I quite enjoy playing tag with the Horror Hound.
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#36 Muse

Muse
  • Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 13 July 2005 - 03:22 AM

Change it back
To Live Is To Die.

#37 menardi

menardi
  • Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 13 July 2005 - 05:37 AM

Change it back

/nod, whoever made it what it is mooseed it up
Electron/Excuse in game~~ÐÎVΧÎØÑ

David
ØWÑÅG£

#38 Thunderja

Thunderja

Desperate Housewives #1

• Members
  • 1782 posts

Posted 13 July 2005 - 06:58 AM

The tombs have been abandoned!...... Who cares, no more free rides for clerics.
I wouldn't mind stabbing you in the face, if that's cool with you?

#39 Sean

Sean
  • Members
  • 976 posts

Posted 13 July 2005 - 02:29 PM

Haha mike mooseed up.
Stadic Ingame...

#40 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 13 July 2005 - 08:43 PM

Haha mike mooseed up.

I don't think so. I am not fussed if it is changed back or not, but if it is, I would not call it a failure, I call it experimentation.
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#41 Sean

Sean
  • Members
  • 976 posts

Posted 13 July 2005 - 10:13 PM

Well it is more an annoyance than anything. This just drives the healers to the Illumi Tunnels that wasn't supposed to be a training spot in the first place.
Stadic Ingame...

#42 joanna

joanna
  • Members
  • 764 posts

Posted 14 July 2005 - 12:15 AM

ya just gotta move on, find new areas to train healers... i was one of first people to use ill tunnels, when few people knew it existed and even fewer knew vampire bats were undead. In all time it took me to arch joanna on them i never once saw anyone else training, or pking there. Now its suicide to train clerics there unless you are packing eight archthieves and wanting to fight.... even then 1) you cant use the ce/heal/move trick if ur taggin 8 thieves along, and 2) you cleric will still die before you can kill the attacking party with said 8 thieves.

Tombs were similar.... at first so few people knew about them ya could just about guarantee there would be noone pestering you, then people started to know where it was and it got crowded and there was nothing anyone could do.... stotic's lil doggy helped make that area more challenging

Just move on, and find somewhere else to train em... atm theres 3 places i know of that i train healers in, 2 of them ive never seen anyone else train there yet, and the other people used to train there ages ago, havnt seen anyone train there for over a year now though

#43 Stotic

Stotic
  • Members
  • 530 posts

Posted 14 July 2005 - 07:06 AM

The "doggy" attack damage has been dropped to 70. I'm sure you can waste 1 stamina here and there.
We'll douse ourselves in gasoline and hang our bodies from the lampposts.

#44 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5239 posts

Posted 14 July 2005 - 01:05 PM

Come along now Mike...that's practically nothing when players are on healers.

Players are going to whine anytime you make the places they like to train in a bit tougher, but something about a 105xpd healers section without the fear of being PK'd and getting gold back that pays for mana etc doesn't seem right.

Or wait...you've got the level 20 cap on, that makes it a bit better...at least mana thieves won't be there...still though, seems too easy.
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.

#45 Trevayne

Trevayne
  • Advisors
  • 1841 posts

Posted 14 July 2005 - 05:28 PM

I visited the tombs today for the first time in a long time. The hound presents a small additional difficulty, but nothing significant. In its current state, it is merely an annoyance to high level clerics and a minor inconvenience to lower levels.

I don't train clerics here (and I probably do more cleric training than anyone else in game), so it doesn't matter to me personally what happens to this area. However, I very much like the idea of there being a place that balances gold with safety.

If you agree with Gaddy that the area is still over-powered, rather than increase the strength of the hound, why not lower the gold drop of tomb spirits... perhaps even to zero gold. Make it expensive to use this safety, but still make it a viable training alternative.
Aeryn and Trevayne in game.

#46 Dark

Dark

Cronus ingame

• Members
  • 696 posts

Posted 14 July 2005 - 06:34 PM

i agree to 0 gold over having the hound

#47 joanna

joanna
  • Members
  • 764 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 12:05 AM

noone can make enough gold in tombs to even pay for thier own mana, let alone make a profit

its a well thought out exp rich gold poor monster poor area.... the doggy is there coz its soo small if it was made pkable noone will ever go there (except on fifteen archthieves and a dr00d to pk and snag mana)

As for 'just an annoyance', if your there on a cleric and thirty five level 20 thieves with mana, and it chooses to bite your cleric over said 35 thieves..... then its more than an annoyance.... ita a wasted key and another 35k to buy a d-key to get another c-key....

Edited by joanna, 15 July 2005 - 12:07 AM.

#48 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5239 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 03:32 AM

Many of us kill the bandit leader, use his key on a paci, collect 12-14 curio keys by logging that paci occasionaly, and it's pretty much one of the easier things to deal with. Key cost should not be an issue since they drop from monsters that aren't very hard.

I agree with dropping gold. Even if it's dropped to 0. I suggested that the gold be lowered, zero is harsh. I like it.

#49 combusta

combusta
  • Members
  • 1185 posts

Posted 25 July 2005 - 07:24 AM

alright, stfu, tombs was changed, its harder, lets all get back 2 our NM training, and stfu cuz one person says something and BOOM tombs sucks nuts

so stfu and lets get back 2 training, the hound was a good addition, also the level cap stops the mana holders, so yall did enough, its not as easy. Worst comes 2 worse, evry1 will move 2 dungeons, and any1 who hates som1 enough to waste a dungeon key/maybe expensive seal to come get them then GG u deserve 2 kill me

players who want the game 2 be harder cuz they bored will always whine, ntn we can do, it just will happen. if u wanna train? make a thread saying "Perm ban Gaddy" and training will get easy again

Edited by combusta, 25 July 2005 - 07:28 AM.

ah the intelligence of combusta, the envy of all nightmist players...

o shut up tony

#50 PrimeX

PrimeX
  • Members
  • 390 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 03:15 AM

gaddy u trained clerics there and u sittin here flamin bout the area bein to easy this and that, how is that? stop bein a hypocrite already
ur mom sux

#51 Stotic

Stotic
  • Members
  • 530 posts

Posted 06 November 2005 - 07:57 AM

What have nightmist players thought about this addition after its been in-game for awhile?

#52 Trevayne

Trevayne
  • Advisors
  • 1841 posts

Posted 06 November 2005 - 08:37 AM

I visited the tombs today for the first time in a long time. The hound presents a small additional difficulty, but nothing significant. In its current state, it is merely an annoyance to high level clerics and a minor inconvenience to lower levels.

I don't train clerics here (and I probably do more cleric training than anyone else in game), so it doesn't matter to me personally what happens to this area. However, I very much like the idea of there being a place that balances gold with safety.

If you agree with Gaddy that the area is still over-powered, rather than increase the strength of the hound, why not lower the gold drop of tomb spirits... perhaps even to zero gold. Make it expensive to use this safety, but still make it a viable training alternative.

My comments still are accurate after forcing myself to train a cleric from 22-25 there. The hound is a nice colorful addition... it does not really make it more difficult to train there, but it does require you to pay some attention. Change the gold drop to zero and keep the hound. Harsh but safe... a good trade-off.
Aeryn and Trevayne in game.

#53 Regan

Regan
  • Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 01:26 AM

i think the hound makes it too difficult...and i dont have sucky clerics...its bad enough the tomb spirits hit for 100 or so...but the hound coming up hitting you...i dont like the change...
Painless Ingame

#54 Dark

Dark

Cronus ingame

• Members
  • 696 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 02:27 AM

hmmm old topic revived.....

nah the hound is fine just take a second cleric to keep you healed or somthing also handy if you heal one too many times.....

#55 Stigmata

Stigmata
  • Members
  • 671 posts

Posted 08 April 2006 - 04:39 PM

I'd just like to say - i wish staff would pay more attention to the monster exp currently in game - I went through every single monster while i was on staff to make sure you didn't gain big exp close to safe spots, and had to work hard to find good training places (I'm assuming the admin still agree with this). Having an area that is nopk, with 105xpd is silly, especially if you had to cap it to actually stop people below level 20 reaching it! (try getting a level 20 to the gnome caves which I thought was the best place to train clerics exp wise until now at about 90xpd).

Also I agree with momba, everyone should start from town when they log off to make the game generally fairer for all.
Ste - Pengant - Stigmata

#56 Lightning

Lightning
  • Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 10:49 AM

Id agree, no log spots, everyone back to the crit local once done, would make it more challenging and harder to horde things
-Quark/Sonic ingame-

* Earn Money For 5 Minutes Each Day

#57 Guest_Doom_*

Guest_Doom_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 April 2006 - 02:46 PM

leave it the way it is, its fine.. and the lack of monsters there makes it more fine.. so just LEAVE it ;)

#58 Lightning

Lightning
  • Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 04:51 PM

I meant no log spots ingame full stop. Make it so people cant camp things, make it challenging
-Quark/Sonic ingame-

* Earn Money For 5 Minutes Each Day

#59 Stotic

Stotic
  • Members
  • 530 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 04:18 AM

with 105xpd is silly

incorrect

#60 combusta

combusta
  • Members
  • 1185 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 07:16 AM

lol, gnome caves is actually like 100-105pod, but anyway, torturers ##### all anyway, and/or imhotep w/ the +10healing(but u try training off him)

ah the intelligence of combusta, the envy of all nightmist players...

o shut up tony

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users