Few Thought's

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#31 Evergrey

Evergrey
  • Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 10:17 PM

The Hedge Queen is just a random idea of many things that could be done, Ashton's idea is a great way to slowly some very rare item drops into the community. The bottom line to what I am saying lets have some boss's spawning like one a hour or 2 an hour or something.. lower drop rates if plp dont think adding new boss's is a good idea .. I just think it would lead to plp not just sittin around wondering what to do or just doing nothing....if plp know boss's are in it gives them drive to log up some alts and go fight it witch would just increase the % that plp are on crits.... more plp on alts = more battles more challanges

Cranes idea for changing the class name was a great idea as well it gives players a motive to train them archies.... I mean u dont log them on to train cause they are arch sooo they just sit there or just get logged on when there is a battle to be fought or a boss that is in...

more people = more lag! noooo!

back to being serious, Cranes idea was to give arches a new title after 500/1bil exp, where as I started the idea with new class names, and Crane finished them up. <credit were credit is due>

Now back on topic.
What I would like to see really, is a boss similar to Time Master in chronos <less AC less hitting power> Spawning at random places wandering aimlessly in the world of nightmist... Something even harder than BD, but not in a set place. It could spawn wherever and it will wander along for it's own high pleasure.

This would require more than 1 person to kill, thus making the people with 10+ arches that usually go solo the nice stuff ask for help a little more often.

Also it would mean when random people go train,... in Dungeons/Desert/Forest wherever it see's fit to spawn that day/week/month someone cluelessly walks into it's square/has it walking into their square, and get the scare of their life when it starts dropping their alts left and right <or if they are smart run and get some help.>

And while we're at the subject, why not make certain bosses <GSW/BD> drop all their drops in 1 kill on a very very rare occasion "hot drop/kill" and the stuff ends up on the ground rather than straight into the Alt getting the kill <alt getting kill should however get 1 of the drop randomly in invent> giving the people there all a nice chance to get/divide the spoils from fighting the boss.
ass, cretin, dimwit, dumb ass, dunce, fool, halfwit, ignoramus, imbecile, jackass, jerk, moron, ninny, nitwit, pinhead, simpleton, stupid, twit, Idiot

#32 Julius

Julius
  • Members
  • 643 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 11:02 PM

So you want to add a walking slaughter house to the game, yes! I feel like fighting something thats just gonna waste all the xp on my crits.

But what happens when I decide ok, i have 3 clerics and 10 hitters, im gonna take it out, ATTACK! and then he walks off, now I have to go chase after a random thing that might just vanish again and spawn off in the desert, man that would be frustrating not fun. Or hey, lets all take a trip to kill TK, TK = mort, "Hi, i'm the uber 'time master' randomly walking around, guess what, you have to fight both of us now!" and then more frustration as this random walking jugernaught now makes fighting a boss like trying to beat up JLH south of nightmist.

Now, if you decide to make a reasonable powerful boss, have it spawn in certain areas only, and once you enter the square it is auto kill to pass and he cant move either, that could be interesting, and that actually has been done previously. With some more well thought out ideas it could be considered a reasonable suggestion.
Julius/Juls main
Julius 1 alt

#33 Evergrey

Evergrey
  • Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 11:35 PM

As in opposed to now? When people log on their 2 clerics and 10 alts and sit and chat while fighting bosses?

Besides, the boss moving would get rid of most annoying pacifists.

And the point is, if you don't feel like dying... then get help. And what would you lose on fighting a "big boss" that you can't make back?

Right now there's 1-2 big threats in game for high lvl crits, it's BD and I would say TK is that bad... so I guess there is just 1... and people solo that all the same.

No more solo... no more paci... Just some good old fashioned teamwork where the gains out weighs the losses.
ass, cretin, dimwit, dumb ass, dunce, fool, halfwit, ignoramus, imbecile, jackass, jerk, moron, ninny, nitwit, pinhead, simpleton, stupid, twit, Idiot

#34 Julius

Julius
  • Members
  • 643 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 02:04 AM

The better way of doing it is making new areas with alt restrictions so you are required to team up with people to win.

Edited by Julius, 02 June 2005 - 02:04 AM.

Julius/Juls main
Julius 1 alt

#35 Evergrey

Evergrey
  • Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 12:42 PM

And again that would totally counteract the entire idea of training new crits... since as Aeryn stated, we all have more than enough to spare as boss checkers or even dedicated boss parties. making it so that you can only use 3-5 alts at places MOST <not all> people would go with Arch zerkers if possible due to immense firepower, and then everyone will run around on zerks trying to get drop and totally kill off the game.

If these new area's are to be welcomed they can't be to small <reducing party sizes> or alt capped to a big extent, cause most people would love to have a new place training, since most are dead sick of Swamps then 3rd floor/desert/dungeons. as it now usually is.

Alt restriction will kill off the entire reason to train more... people will be some experts if needed and have them sitting in a lvl 25 capped area.

#36 Evergrey

Evergrey
  • Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 04:35 AM

The Hedge Queen is just a random idea of many things that could be done, Ashton's idea is a great way to slowly some very rare item drops into the community. The bottom line to what I am saying lets have some boss's spawning like one a hour or 2 an hour or something.. lower drop rates if plp dont think adding new boss's is a good idea .. I just think it would lead to plp not just sittin around wondering what to do or just doing nothing....if plp know boss's are in it gives them drive to log up some alts and go fight it witch would just increase the % that plp are on crits.... more plp on alts = more battles more challanges

Cranes idea for changing the class name was a great idea as well it gives players a motive to train them archies.... I mean u dont log them on to train cause they are arch sooo they just sit there or just get logged on when there is a battle to be fought or a boss that is in...

more people = more lag! noooo!

back to being serious, Cranes idea was to give arches a new title after 500/1bil exp, where as I started the idea with new class names, and Crane finished them up. <credit were credit is due>

Now back on topic.
What I would like to see really, is a boss similar to Time Master in chronos <less AC less hitting power> Spawning at random places wandering aimlessly in the world of nightmist... Something even harder than BD, but not in a set place. It could spawn wherever and it will wander along for it's own high pleasure.

This would require more than 1 person to kill, thus making the people with 10+ arches that usually go solo the nice stuff ask for help a little more often.

Also it would mean when random people go train,... in Dungeons/Desert/Forest wherever it see's fit to spawn that day/week/month someone cluelessly walks into it's square/has it walking into their square, and get the scare of their life when it starts dropping their alts left and right <or if they are smart run and get some help.>

And while we're at the subject, why not make certain bosses <GSW/BD> drop all their drops in 1 kill on a very very rare occasion "hot drop/kill" and the stuff ends up on the ground rather than straight into the Alt getting the kill <alt getting kill should however get 1 of the drop randomly in invent> giving the people there all a nice chance to get/divide the spoils from fighting the boss.

Actually Alone came up with the idea pretty much of alternate Class names... not myself, noticed my mistake Alone deserves the credit where as I and Crane simply compiled the "set" names for the evolution of crits.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users