Paladins Are Defensive Warriors

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#31 Terence

Terence
  • Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 03 October 2004 - 07:30 AM

Okaaaay, Back to the paladins, I think paladins should have a shield ability which makes armour x1.5 and attack x0.5 and paladins should be allowed with best shield ingame.
Hi-2 letters
Beg JLH to unban your crits-5k letters
There are many things that doesn't have shortcuts
For everything else, there are macros

#32 Autek

Autek
  • Members
  • 1967 posts

Posted 10 October 2004 - 02:58 PM

1.5x armor, and .5x damage sounds good, but spells would need to work the same, with regards to the healing spells that is... because the .5x dmg would be like halving their physical strength, not their mental strength (for spells).
As for an updated shield, I don't know whether I agree with that, I think it would make more sense to take away the rangers ability to use a shield while using a bow, but if there were to be a new shield for paladins, it could be a Tower Shield of some sort.

Edited by Autek, 10 October 2004 - 03:00 PM.

Autek in game.

#33 Terence

Terence
  • Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 10 October 2004 - 08:32 PM

Well, I don't think Paladin's Shield have any problem, just they need more defensive ablities/spells.
Hi-2 letters
Beg JLH to unban your crits-5k letters
There are many things that doesn't have shortcuts
For everything else, there are macros

#34 Drac

Drac
  • Members
  • 278 posts

Posted 11 October 2004 - 05:40 PM

that sounds about right.. and rangers need to be able to use bracers if anything.. how could they properly defend with a shield while shooting a bow? :/

rangers are one of the most powerful offensive characters in game anyway.. a few less AC would probably help even the classes out a bit as well.
BeEp!

#35 Evergrey

Evergrey
  • Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 24 October 2004 - 03:58 PM

As for the armor, in a storyline sense it would be true... Paladins should be the knights in shinning armor, killing beasts and infidels etc etc

In game though I don't see that happening, would just be to much since they can actually heal themselves. What I would like to see is a new HP table, Since as it is now almost any Halfling Paladin stands a risk of being rounded fully EQ'd at arch by a mage... and let's face it a spelled zerks rounds anything.

I would like to see more hp's on Paladins giving them atleast a shot, but seeing as they heal for 60's that would surely result in them being low after an attack <e.g>
BooBoo your friendly neighbourhood Zerker jumps you out of invisibility... get's you down to 30 hp's <and let's imagine this particular Paladin has 315 hp's>
You just lost 285 hp's and start healing yourself and succesfully heal all 5 stam regaining most HP's... but the thing about all mage users, they fizzle. Fizzle one and you find yourself at 220 hp's and is about to get rounded by a lvl 20 fighter/zerk.

Hp's isn't as significant as it would seem after I read my own post... but Paladins has to have more hp's to be justifable in game and story line wise, and to see it from a good perspective... more hp's would mean less work in making new AC, Spells etc etc.

Damnit I forgot what my point was but atleast I did something constructive, I think.
ass, cretin, dimwit, dumb ass, dunce, fool, halfwit, ignoramus, imbecile, jackass, jerk, moron, ninny, nitwit, pinhead, simpleton, stupid, twit, Idiot

#36 Tom

Tom
  • Members
  • 417 posts

Posted 26 October 2004 - 11:36 AM

ill be honest they are the hardest ***** to train, i say give them whatever they need to be best in game, :P
Feck Off

#37 Drac

Drac
  • Members
  • 278 posts

Posted 28 October 2004 - 12:10 AM

As for the armor, in a storyline sense it would be true... Paladins should be the knights in shinning armor, killing beasts and infidels etc etc

In game though I don't see that happening, would just be to much since they can actually heal themselves. What I would like to see is a new HP table, Since as it is now almost any Halfling Paladin stands a risk of being rounded fully EQ'd at arch by a mage... and let's face it a spelled zerks rounds anything.

I would like to see more hp's on Paladins giving them atleast a shot, but seeing as they heal for 60's that would surely result in them being low after an attack <e.g>
BooBoo your friendly neighbourhood Zerker jumps you out of invisibility... get's you down to 30 hp's <and let's imagine this particular Paladin has 315 hp's>
You just lost 285 hp's and start healing yourself and succesfully heal all 5 stam regaining most HP's... but the thing about all mage users, they fizzle. Fizzle one and you find yourself at 220 hp's and is about to get rounded by a lvl 20 fighter/zerk.

Hp's isn't as significant as it would seem after I read my own post... but Paladins has to have more hp's to be justifable in game and story line wise, and to see it from a good perspective... more hp's would mean less work in making new AC, Spells etc etc.

Damnit I forgot what my point was but atleast I did something constructive, I think.

No need to inflate characters with HP.

Armor, spells, attacks, etc. just need to be tweaked and tweaked until everything balances out more or less.
BeEp!

#38 Rappy_Ninja

Rappy_Ninja
  • Members
  • 2923 posts

Posted 28 October 2004 - 01:15 AM

ill be honest they are the hardest ***** to train, i say give them whatever they need to be best in game, :P

word
Page/Memo Beatrix

#39 Sean

Sean
  • Members
  • 976 posts

Posted 31 October 2004 - 09:54 PM

ill be honest they are the hardest ***** to train, i say give them whatever they need to be best in game,  :P

word

Word x2

Just add whatever you can to make people go throught the hell of training them!
Stadic Ingame...

#40 green_mantis

green_mantis
  • Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 12 November 2004 - 10:58 PM

Divine favor: (Not sure if it is already a spell name, but I don't think it is.)
Divine favor Your deity sends their shield to guard you.

Shield bonus: Pal level/4 (round up)
Level: 5
Mana cost: 16
Duration: 60 secs

Can be used with any other Paladin spells. Its effects stack.
I am very sorry, if not for something I did, then it is for something I will do.

#41 Charon

Charon
  • Members
  • 617 posts

Posted 15 November 2004 - 10:31 AM

ill be honest they are the hardest ***** to train, i say give them whatever they need to be best in game,  :P

What world are you living in?
Yes, paladins aren't perfect, but they certainly aren't the hardest to train.

Paladins are one of the few self sufficient classes. Yes training them is slow... but to me training anything is slow- but I know that if I played the game as it is (currently) meant to be played, I'd have no problems

A Paladin can be played on its own- I do play Styx on her own. Even with that taken into account, she trains fine. She can hit things (most of the time) and she can heal herself so that she can keep hitting things.

Paladin's can do that just fine, and unfortunately I think thats the definition of training- just keep hitting things. Which is a shame really but... ^^

Edited by Charon, 15 November 2004 - 10:32 AM.

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind." --Rudyard Kipling

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users