Location Location

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#31 Stigmata

Stigmata
  • Members
  • 671 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 04:37 PM

Havanor has said everything else that was missed out, and i see no further discussion required.
Ste - Pengant - Stigmata

#32 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 04:41 PM

See, i read the first post, and i thought "nah".

Then i read the rest, and i think "YEAH!!!!!12". Or something along those lines, anyway :)

I mean, it's just cool! And it'll encourage our lower level members to learn how to get places, which i'm WELL in favour of :)

Edit: /rofl dognapot

Edited by Raylen, 06 July 2004 - 04:44 PM.

+1 post count ggpwnedkthxbai

it's plausible that the SOB hasn't spawned

¯¨:·»Gently spamming the forum since 2003«·:¨¯

#33 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5234 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 05:49 PM

This was one of those comments that should have been taken straight to staff, because all it will do here is collect dissent from selfishly motivated players. I'll see what I can do.

I'm pretty sure every person on the post has supported the idea...

Especially the idea of having it float around to different parts of the game...it'd just be excellent and original.

Havy...make em do it...
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#34 Zelimos

Zelimos

DraigNET.com

• Members
  • 1049 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 10:07 PM

approved by Ste LTD.

#35 Dark

Dark

Cronus ingame

• Members
  • 696 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 10:14 PM

i like the idea too , not sure bout it bein random in desert tho

#36 Mec

Mec
  • Members
  • 602 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 11:04 PM

Personally I think getting from 1 city to the next should be a challage. I mean, come on. Can someone really run from Nightmist, to Windia, to Arilin, to Blackthorn, to Sarka... all in 1 minute.

Edited by Mec, 06 July 2004 - 11:04 PM.

#37 Lich

Lich
  • Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 11:43 PM

can someone, anyone please bind and gag rappy. He is getting out of control again...lol

Edited by Lich, 06 July 2004 - 11:44 PM.

Grave digger when you dig my grave, make it shallow so I can feel the rain.

#38 Deval

Deval
  • Members
  • 802 posts

Posted 07 July 2004 - 12:00 AM

2 deval doesnt pk

Harrr, yes I do actually, I always have. I just don't use massive parties of alts to do so, usually just Deval, and at times Odin & Deval. Thus I get slaughtered 99% of the time (unless fighting the lower weaker players that Archmaster feels so vehemently about), and am also unable to tour the entire map hunting for suitable prey due to using 1 or 2 crits.

Anyways, back on topic.
"PK'ing has just become a battle of superior numbers." ~ Goldfish.

#39 Eternyte

Eternyte
  • Members
  • 470 posts

Posted 07 July 2004 - 07:30 AM

A little idea with Windia is to make the whole city a no log of area. Otherwise people would leave a low level crit at entrance, go down to see where it is. Then there would be no challange into finding the area.
I am the Dragon, before me you Tremble!

#40 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5234 posts

Posted 07 July 2004 - 12:18 PM

GAH! Andy's always gotta be a step ahead of me. Would that also mean making it so players couldn't local in the Windia pub? :X
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.

#41 Stigmata

Stigmata
  • Members
  • 671 posts

Posted 07 July 2004 - 12:57 PM

I don't see a problem with logging off alts there.

Sure it's an easy way to find out where the city is, but why shouldn't it be easy?

If your on it already then your going to know where it is.

One of the main reasons for moving it is so players can't just run to get pots when in and around Arilin, not because I want the city to be challenging to find.
Ste - Pengant - Stigmata

#42 Rappy_Ninja

Rappy_Ninja
  • Members
  • 2923 posts

Posted 07 July 2004 - 02:15 PM

can someone, anyone please bind and gag rappy. He is getting out of control again...lol

I didnt say anything out of place in this topic if you want to shut me up page me ingame and make me :P
Page/Memo Beatrix

#43 Tatsu

Tatsu
  • Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 07 July 2004 - 05:41 PM

ok so i think everyone here thinks the idea of a moving city would be cool, and i dont see much of a problem with people logging crits on it to see where it is, it would get annoying to have to check lots of different areas over and over again just to find windia, and plus it would give people with clan houses in windia an unfair advantage if you couldent log there.

i think the main question is: what areas? i dont think it should go into the desert, due to the easy exp that would be so close to anyone localed in windia. i think the sort of areas it should move around should be:

Large Forest/clearing, Royal Forest, Grassy Path, one or two squares in Grassy Meadow, Forest of Souls/Triken Forest, possibly bottom of mount Sentant, Enchanted Forest, Lost Trail.

for each of these areas, have a few squares in a reasonable positions (not too close to other cities/bosses) that the city moves to.

anyway, idea supported :P
Swim swim hungry, swim swim hungry.....

#44 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 07 July 2004 - 05:52 PM

Well, it'd only be in the desert for a few days...then it'd be gone. I don't see the problem with people just hanging around in the desert for like 2 days to train. (As a side note, is the cost of the Pub still 300 gold?)

Also, if Windia stopped in the desert and you went down to see where it was, it would still be relatively difficult to figure it out.

"You are in the desert maze. You can go north and west." Now figure out where that is on the map. XP
Posted Image

#45 Momba

Momba
  • Members
  • 670 posts

Posted 07 July 2004 - 06:11 PM

I didn't read past Deval's first post.

I like the idea of moving Windia for the reasons he stated.
My inner child is a mean little f*ucker

#46 Tatsu

Tatsu
  • Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 02:04 PM

yeah i guess you could have it flying into the desert.... but dont make it stop on many squares in the desert, as quite frankly it would be annoying trying to find it/run to it.

i think it would be easier/less annoying if you just made it stop off in more accesable areas tho /shrug

#47 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 03:34 PM

Surely you can find a different training spot for 2 days? o_O
Posted Image

#48 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5234 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 04:15 PM

yeah i guess you could have it flying into the desert.... but dont make it stop on many squares in the desert, as quite frankly it would be annoying trying to find it/run to it.

i think it would be easier/less annoying if you just made it stop off in more accesable areas tho /shrug

Pretty sure they wouldn't have it moving all over the place, certain place in each area for certain # of days.

#49 Tatsu

Tatsu
  • Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 10:08 PM

Surely you can find a different training spot for 2 days? o_O

im not sure you quite understand...

the reason it would be annoying would be for people whos clan house happened to be in Windia, which happened to be right in the middle of the dersert, surrounded by lots of very nasty baddies....would be especially bad if you were localed in Windia (either in a clan house or the pub) and it moved to the desert with you on it, and you also happened to be a player with no higher level crits to help you get out. you'd just die, respawn back in windia and die again. which would be annoying.

but i see no reason for it not to move around the more accessible areas such as the ones i stated, would be fun :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users