Photo

John Kerry Or George Bush?

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

Poll: Who do you think will win the election of 2004? (105 member(s) have cast votes)

Who do you think will win the election of 2004?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 Consumed

Consumed

o0o-Alias ig

• Members
  • 900 posts

Posted 19 October 2004 - 02:52 AM

Most of my opinions are in agreement with George Bush’s. This is probably because both of us belong to a Christian denomination and therefore believe in a lot of the same views.

I am also a christian however I favor John Kerrys beliefs.

. In the abortion aspect i feel that abortion should not be done; However, I believe that a person should have the right to choose wether or not to abort your child. This County is a democracy , in witch citizens have rights. The First Amendment guarantees the freedom of worship, of speech, of the press, of assembly, and of petition to the government for redress of grievances. With these rights you should legally have the rights to decide between giving birth to your child , or aborting it despite the circumstances.
. In the gay/lesbian rights portion of the election I feel is a less important aspect. I disagree with homosexuality in nearly every aspect. I feel that we were created the way we were for a reason, but I again believe that people should feel free to exercise their rights. I also oppose same-sex marriages, and agree that a constitutional amendment to ban them would take away peoples rights. The gay and lesbian issue of the election is one that makes me think, because I strongly disagree with homosexuality. But on the other hand I feel that people diserve there rights.
. As i believe in Christianity, I believe that it would be great if everyone in the United States believed in God and the Bible, but with the way the country is set up people have the freedom of religion. Therefore the government shouldnt soley be ran with religion in mind.

I alsom agree with whoever said that abortion shouldnt be your main concern in this election. The main issues should be: terrorism,economy,medicar, and education(more issues need to be adressed, but those are most important in my opinion)
-Alias ingame-

#32 Ichi2

Ichi2
  • Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 19 October 2004 - 03:46 AM

Here's a joke that was on the radio the other day...If your gonna vote for Bush drive with your headlights on during the day and if your gonna vote for Kerry drive with them off during the night!!!

#33 Vodka

Vodka
  • Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 19 October 2004 - 04:07 AM

Here's a joke that was on the radio the other day...If your gonna vote for Bush drive with your headlights on during the day and if your gonna vote for Kerry drive with them off during the night!!!

I don't get the joke . . .
When you do something right nobody remembers, but when you do something wrong nobody forgets.

Hump in game.

#34 Lich

Lich
  • Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 19 October 2004 - 11:18 AM

I don't get the joke . . .

ok if you are driving at night what is the one part of the car that you most definatly need inorder to live, think about that and you will get what he is trying to tell all Kerry supporters to do.
Grave digger when you dig my grave, make it shallow so I can feel the rain.

#35 Dan

Dan
  • Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 19 October 2004 - 12:56 PM

Actually with all the lights nowdays, headlights don't help you all that much anymore :P

#36 Snoopi21

Snoopi21
  • Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 19 October 2004 - 01:06 PM

moose bush
Snoopi

#37 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 19 October 2004 - 08:44 PM

The main issues should be: terrorism,economy,medicar, and education(more issues need to be adressed, but those are most important in my opinion)

Then it's a shame that Mr. Bush has recently gone back to his core beliefs, attacking only abortion, stem cell research and gay marriage in order to secure his votes.
Posted Image

#38 Penguin

Penguin

cummins powaaah

• Members
  • 982 posts

Posted 21 October 2004 - 01:44 AM

attacking stem cell research?

#39 Robo

Robo
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 October 2004 - 05:51 AM

I hope Bush wins, but really Im not voting. For one, my vote really doesnt count. Two, no matter who wins I'll still wake up to a new day the same way I do every morning. Three, Im sick of this "You MUST vote" attitude. People have the same right NOT to vote as they do to vote. Im so tired of people being so damn pushy on voting.

Trust me you can do something way more constructive than waste your time voting.. plant a tree, fix your car, buy a lotto ticket, etc. This voting thing seems to be an attempt to just brain wash people imo. If someone from mtv or whatever patted me on the back and told me I have to "get out there and vote!", I swear I'd smack em.

oh and about abortion... the woman should only have the choice to abort if her life was in danger. I say give her the independant right to abort only if she is willing to be accused of murder and go to trial. There is such thing as letting your kid live, and putting him/her up for adoption. People these days dont like to see a sandwich go to waste. Why waste a perfectly good newborn life, when someone out there is unable to have the privledge of giving birth. Most abortions are just selfish acts imo. "oops my bf got me knocked up again, time for another abortion before mom finds out!"

Edited by Robo, 21 October 2004 - 06:03 AM.

#40 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 21 October 2004 - 08:57 PM

attacking stem cell research?

Mmm hmm. He says that "fresh" human embryos are not to be used... However, "old" ones are free to be used in stem cell research because they cannot be used and are (as horrible as it is to say) as good as dead.

And by "fresh" and "old" I'm referring to inveitro (sp) fertilization. Several eggs are fertillized and the healthiest or most "well off" embryo is placed into the womb. The rest are "old" and are frozen. These embryos we can use for research according to Mr. Bush.

I find his actions are just a tad hypocritcal on stem cell research but let's not get into that. These are the facts that I know and anyone is free to correct me. In fact, I'm asking someone to correct me because I'm sure I have at least one thing wrong or out of context. XD
Posted Image

#41 Consumed

Consumed

o0o-Alias ig

• Members
  • 900 posts

Posted 21 October 2004 - 10:04 PM

I hope Bush wins, but really Im not voting. For one, my vote really doesnt count. Two, no matter who wins I'll still wake up to a new day the same way I do every morning. Three, Im sick of this "You MUST vote" attitude. People have the same right NOT to vote as they do to vote. Im so tired of people being so damn pushy on voting.

Trust me you can do something way more constructive than waste your time voting.. plant a tree, fix your car, buy a lotto ticket, etc. This voting thing seems to be an attempt to just brain wash people imo. If someone from mtv or whatever patted me on the back and told me I have to "get out there and vote!", I swear I'd smack em.

agreed...like we matter lol...electorial college decides...so unless u get in electorial college u will never have a vote that makes a shiza...
-Alias ingame-

#42 Silver_Dragoness

Silver_Dragoness
  • Members
  • 227 posts

Posted 26 October 2004 - 10:21 PM

Im not voting. I dont like taking sides ^^

"suddenly i heard a tapping, as of someone gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door"

Naamah - Main

Tyrelline - 1A

#43 Night_Angel

Night_Angel
  • Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 26 October 2004 - 10:45 PM

Today, I heard like TWELVE different people say "Kerry is for Gun control" but if they would have watched the debate last night, they would have seen him say that he was for gun control of ASSAULT RIFLES! you know, AK-47s and such. Who doesn't want that? apperently Bush, who vetoed a law prohibiting them.

ok first i am very much for the right to bear arms, and i will be owning a M-16A-2 Service Rifel in february. and i dare anyone to have a problem with it. i know how to take care of it i know how to controle it and i know what the hell im doing with it. many of my friends have assult weapons and you know what, they havent killed anyone. now those of us who like to collect can. some ppl collect knives some cows we collect rifels and handguns and shotguns. NOT BODY COUNTS. we have the right to bear arms in this country including assult rifels. Guns dont kill people, people kill people. and if they didnt have a gun to do it then they would find another way.

Oh! I almost forgot. If i have to hear one more Bible thumper say that they're voting for Bush because of the sole fact that he is "For abortion" (Wich really shows how dumb they are because they didn't say "Pro-Choice")

ok and second Bush is PRO-LIFE. that means AGAINST Abotrion. and no "Bible thumper" would be voteing for anyone who is Pro-Choice.
And if i have to hear one more person refer to me as a "Bible Thumper" because i belive in the sanctity of life and i dont believe that abortion should be used as birth control "I am gonna FREAK THE HELL OUT!"

also all of you who are for Kerry do you think this war is gonna end the min he gets into office. your insaine. wether we like it or not we are in this and its not gonna just go away caus ethere are ppl crying about the gas prices, and about the men and women who were sent over seas. you know what THATS WHAT THEIR JOB IS!!! THEY JOINED THE UNITED STATES UMIFORMED SERVICES. I DONT GIVE A nuts IF THEY JOINED OT GO TO SCHOOL OR NOT. THIS IS THEIR JOB, ITS WHAT I JOINED FOR ITS WHAT ALOT OF PPL I WAS IN WITH JOINED FOR. YOU DONT WANNA RUN THE CHANCE OF BEING SENT TO WAR, DONT LIVE IN THIS COUNTRY, AND SURE AS HELL DONT JOIN THE DAMN MILITARY. so sure change presidents in the middle of the war, you never know maybe itll last longer.

THANK YOU FOR READING THE FORUM AND HAVE A NICE DAY.
Perhaps one day maybe I will understand PAIN. Why it is and how it has to be. Until then...

#44 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 26 October 2004 - 11:03 PM

...Guns dont kill people, people kill people...

That reminded me of the time when my religion teacher said that then followed with, "...and, also, men don't get women pregnant; penises do."

From what I know, I'm pretty sure that the whole thing in your charter about "right to bare arms" was written during the civil war (damned if I know the specifics of that war, however). This was in the past when people really did need guns to protect themselves. Maybe I'm just too naive and young to understand but without a gun, I think I can feel fairly safe in the USA.

I can totally understand your fascination with collecting guns. People collect stamps, ships in bottles and even beans that are shaped like the heads of presidents - collecting guns shouldn't be a shock to anyone. However, I become a bit uneasy when people start "stock piling" assault weapons.

I can understand those antique handguns that were used in WWII and other things of the sort... but it's really difficult for me to understand the purpose of owning an assault rifle. Not to say that everyone that picks up an assault rifle isn't capable of using it properly and civil-like but it still doesn't sit right with me that people can just go and "pick them up". (I know you can't really do that but you have to admit, there are some really stupid people out there that do not have a violent bone in their body... just itchy trigger fingers)

There is also the whole hunting aspect with assault rifles. Yes, people actually go out into the woods with semi-automatic weapons... which just blows me away. Not only does this totally defeat the purpose of hunting and developing hunting skills but it's down right dangerous.

"...So, what'd you shoot down today, Fred?"
"...Hmm...I don't know...how about...everything!"
"...And where's Billy-bob?"
"Damned if I know."

I know that these cases that I'm citing are pretty extreme and don't happen everyday... but still, they can happen and that's what I think the whole debate is really based on - the possibility of extreme situations blowing up.
Posted Image

#45 Ichi2

Ichi2
  • Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 26 October 2004 - 11:04 PM

/nod Night_Angel WELL SAID!!!

#46 Night_Angel

Night_Angel
  • Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 26 October 2004 - 11:28 PM

ok now that i have cooled off. and have talked ot my father he expalined osme things to me. well one thing really which killed my "I get my Aries back" high. that there is a law in effect controlling assult weapons. and that is why Bush let the particular ban die. this control hasnt been as advertized as the lift because the lift is being used to show bush as a bad guy. i do plan on doing some checking up on my what my father said about another law controling assult weapons. and i would like other ppl to look it up too. so when i say what it says i wont get as flamed.
Perhaps one day maybe I will understand PAIN. Why it is and how it has to be. Until then...

#47 Cule

Cule
  • Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 05:19 AM

Where is this world going, i wonder. :P

#48 Lich

Lich
  • Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 28 October 2004 - 05:34 AM

http://www.americanp...WJcP7H&b=118263
Grave digger when you dig my grave, make it shallow so I can feel the rain.

#49 Dan

Dan
  • Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 28 October 2004 - 04:23 PM

also all of you who are for Kerry do you think this war is gonna end the min he gets into office. your insaine. wether we like it or not we are in this and its not gonna just go away caus ethere are ppl crying about the gas prices, and about the men and women who were sent over seas. you know what THATS WHAT THEIR JOB IS!!! THEY JOINED THE UNITED STATES UMIFORMED SERVICES. I DONT GIVE A nuts IF THEY JOINED OT GO TO SCHOOL OR NOT. THIS IS THEIR JOB, ITS WHAT I JOINED FOR ITS WHAT ALOT OF PPL I WAS IN WITH JOINED FOR. YOU DONT WANNA RUN THE CHANCE OF BEING SENT TO WAR, DONT LIVE IN THIS COUNTRY, AND SURE AS HELL DONT JOIN THE DAMN MILITARY. so sure change presidents in the middle of the war, you never know maybe itll last longer.

What war? Last I remember Bush announced it was over. Yea, I know it isn't over. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that one out, but for our own pres. to say something like this then daily you hear about more and more soldies getting killed, more are being sent over, etc.. Suposedly Iraqi's are being trained to fend for thier country, yet thier being killed as well. How ironic.
You can't do things for people who don't want it. Especially after we were the ones who ran into a war that wasn't necessary. My whole view would change if I heard Bush say at least 1 time "We made a mistake." on anything. Instead all I hear is more excuses. I don't give a rats ass about oil, gas costs, whatever... I just wanted to hear 4 small words that he refuses to say.

ok now i'm babbling and lost my train of thought......i'll reply if/when I remember wtf I was saying

#50 DragonHeart

DragonHeart

SnowMan1986

• Members
  • 739 posts

Posted 28 October 2004 - 04:45 PM

i honestly don't like either bush or kerry,bush being to cocky and kerry always against one thing then being for it the next day,but it doesn't really matter who you want in there unless your a registered voter of the US.
Crusader/Raistlin/Spyhunter ingame

#51 Exilus

Exilus
  • Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 03 November 2004 - 12:13 AM

OK dc i will not go into the other things, because they have been talked to death but i will say this one thing. The united states of American was started as a country of freedom, one of those freedoms is the freedom of religion. To join Church and state is to strip away that very foundation. how? you may ask well now I will tell you.

When decisions are made based on a religion, you allow a majority (in this case being christians) to control everything that the goverment says or does, this inturn alianates smaler minority religions who do not share your veiw. I am celtic pagen a very old and set religion. We do not share your veiws on gays any of them. We do not shae your veiws on the bible and in fact do not even reconise it as being a true religion, because of the fact it wasn't even heard of, it's ways of belief didn't even exist when denominations of my religion were creating empires, one of which the United states takes alot of its designs from.

Now Immagine you are the minority religion and mine is the majority, on all the money you hold it says, In the goddess we live. you are not allowed to practice or wear the emblems of your religion in the open, and your bible can be found not in a religion section of a book store but in a section all its own called new age, or theoligy. Scary thought to you correct. well that is what happens when a religion is allowed to influence the government to their way of thinking. Think about when you say that church and state must go hand in hand.

Ok somehow when i opened this it came t a page i didn't see.

Edited by Exilus, 03 November 2004 - 12:15 AM.

The rebirth is coming, is he god or devil? The fires of Sol are burning. May they burn your fingers.

#52 Vodka

Vodka
  • Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 03 November 2004 - 01:00 AM

Well, what the heck. I just heard on the news they can't count Ohio's votes.. because they're too close in numbers. Isn't that just dandy? So much for me voting my first time.. >.>
When you do something right nobody remembers, but when you do something wrong nobody forgets.

Hump in game.

#53 Joop Edwards

Joop Edwards
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 03 November 2004 - 02:27 AM

Joop voted for Ralph Nader

#54 Guest_Simon_*

Guest_Simon_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 November 2004 - 05:16 AM

wheres the green party choice? =-\

#55 Vodka

Vodka
  • Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 03 November 2004 - 06:07 AM

We were counting on Ohio to finish with the counting of the ballots.

George W. Bush (REP)* 2,427,738 51%
John F. Kerry (DEM) 2,323,399 49%

Look, how close it was . . .

Blah, stupid.. Bush lovers. I can't wait to see more screwing done by Bush. :P

Hump in game.

#56 Dan

Dan
  • Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 03 November 2004 - 03:29 PM

We still have 1.6million absentee ballots uncounted in Florida as well as the outstanding provisional ballots in Ohio. Now factor in that there are still the overseas military votes that can't be counted untill the 11th, and that alot of the states are close as hell, a state such as Florida can be turned arround just off the absentee's.

meh, I plan on seeing the lawers come into play soon. :P

#57 Darklin

Darklin
  • Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 03 November 2004 - 03:36 PM

Florida as very little chance of turning seeing as statistics show that those absentee ballots are going to be mostly republican.

Bush has won, im just hoping he mooses up so bad that millions of angry people storm the white house and tear him apart limb by limb :P

Edited by Darklin, 03 November 2004 - 05:10 PM.

01010100 01100001 01101100 01101011 01001110 01100101 01110010 01100100 01111001 01010100 01101111 01001101 01100101

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users