Thieves

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#31 Bess_Hawkins

Bess_Hawkins
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 April 2004 - 07:18 PM

I disagree with this idea... (I have tons of thieves btw). If thieves were allowed to pk in town then to make the game fair all classes should be able to if "covert" or hidden.. and all classes have the ability to "hide" themselves via invisibility, camoflauge, or even tarma pots. If a place is safe, it needs to be made that way for all classes. The only possible exception I can even see is perhaps a certain street within a town, that is made public knowledge or even described as a dangerous spot. ie., if the alleyway in nightmist was made as an area that other players could "PK" in, then the description could be modified to read something along the lines of:

As you move through the alleyway it is apparrant that there is likely to be danger about. No guards are present for your protection. It is best that you move quickly or be prepared for unknown battles.

That is just an example... but, all in all, I too think that this would cause utter chaos. Thieves have plenty of places out of town to PK if they are going to do so. Nightmist is an area that new players are just getting the hang of the game and learning their way around. There is enough danger that they will be subjected to as they venture out of town.

Just my thoughts on the matter.

Edited by Bess_Hawkins, 19 April 2004 - 07:37 PM.

#32 Amy

Amy
  • Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 20 April 2004 - 05:29 PM

In my opinion unless an area is specifically marked as a "danger zone" the towns should be safe. If it is ever made to where an area within a town is a "pkable", it should be to where each class is able to attack. There are plenty of places for thieves to attack others.. As far as stealing, if allowed in town, all a thief would have to do is stay covert in banks.. would be total chaos.

~Amy
~With each choice comes consequences.. Choose carefully~

#33 Tienno

Tienno
  • Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 04:21 PM

Ok good point here, why not create like a red like run down area for each town which you might have to go through in order to get somewhere good or to even leave a town onto a taril so that plenty of opportunity arrises to enter and die in this area but benefits arise from passing through it, maybe even some women of easy virtue could be placed in there too and a seedy tavern and a bank that rips you off on a percentage chance??

Few ideas kicking around, pick one try it!

Tienno
I will always give my 2 cents no matter what. You can bet your last dollar on that one!

#34 alone

alone
  • Members
  • 2261 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 04:25 PM

Um.. Tienno.
"have to go through in order to get somewhere good" - Forest? Grassy Path? Any linking area in the game? Hehe, sorry.

I do however understand what you mean, could be interesting if developed.

Edited by alone, 21 April 2004 - 04:26 PM.

"Entertain yourself with my nightmares."
- AfterAll

Bunny!

#35 Tienno

Tienno
  • Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 10:52 AM

Yeah maybe worded wrong but glad you know what i mean. Maybe a developed linking area between arilin and a town to the north or something...... lets see what staff think, i dont mind helping out developing. I have a city i could use etc.
I will always give my 2 cents no matter what. You can bet your last dollar on that one!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users