google, I have no wonder story

You could have at least made something up. lol
Daffy

#32 Perfector

Perfector
  • Validating
  • 356 posts

Posted 30 September 2005 - 10:38 AM

A Ex led me here almost 1 1/2 years ago .. and I've quit 3 times... I can't help but come back to you loveable driblets.

#33 Despair

Despair
  • Members
  • 399 posts

Posted 30 September 2005 - 12:47 PM

I met a friend Mike (Xario) while playing counter strike ended up making a clan with him, then one day his friend Simon (Moloko) gave us both the link to Nightmist, told us to download it. Simon then took me to Nightmist arena and left me there for a couple of hours, by the time he had returned I was still level 1 with enough exp to level to 7 haha . . .

I used to hate the whole concept of text games and role play games but slowly became addicted to this one at least.
If I were the rain... that binds together the Earth and the Sky, whom in all eternity will never mingle... would I be able to bind two hearts together?

#34 MysticStorm

MysticStorm
  • Members
  • 492 posts

Posted 30 September 2005 - 01:41 PM

I was role playing on chat servers (at the time ChatFirst and Voevod) and my best friend Mikey aka Antichrist aka Twiztid_DarkDraven gave me the download for this game 7 months ago and I've been hooked every since. First Crit MysticStorm. Needless to say, he didn't tell me about the stats side exactly :( so she isn't as good but she is now level 25 :ph34r: and I have my own clan called MysticShadows ranked 14.

Edited by MysticStorm, 30 September 2005 - 01:41 PM.

#35 fallen

fallen
  • Members
  • 1011 posts

Posted 30 September 2005 - 03:14 PM

www.download.com
we will pass judgement on the day of your doom

#36 Äññöÿäñcë

Äññöÿäñcë
  • Members
  • 2132 posts

Posted 30 September 2005 - 06:03 PM

Lol :ph34r:

My little brother Jimmy downloaded the game while i was up at uni, i spent 2 weeks ridiculing him for playing it, and the rest is history. PS. Jimmy says hi :ph34r:

Woot ! Hey jimmy :(
Disaster ingame.

#37 Col Oneill

Col Oneill
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 September 2005 - 06:31 PM

A Nice lad from Australia told me(Steam) Curran(Bun) and Will (Use to be Harmless) about it way back when i was in year 10 at school. so bout 4 years ago, unless i am mistaken then it might have been will and curran who told tom (aussie) who then told me
"MAGNETS"

#38 Scripto

Scripto

~teh Scripto

• Game Staff
  • 1628 posts

Posted 30 September 2005 - 06:34 PM

seen my friends Mike (Condemned) and Walt (Dimmuborgir) playing it and i thought it was a stupid game but they convinced me to give it a try and that was 4ish yrs ago and in still stuck here....
For every minute you remain angry, you give up sixty seconds of peace of mind.

Ingame:
Scripto (Staff)
Kannabis (Mortal)

#39 astral

astral
  • Members
  • 237 posts

Posted 30 September 2005 - 09:32 PM

well my story is short : Friend comes in class and he says "wow cool game i play over the internet...bla bla bla" and a couple of us where like " hell yeah , we gonna try it " lol ... and that was like 4 years and 9 months ago ( just after the restart).... :(
"I am imortal, I have inside me blood of kings!
I have no rival, no man can be my equal,
Take me to the leaders of the world!"

#40 shomer

shomer
  • Members
  • 1104 posts

Posted 30 September 2005 - 11:45 PM

gregg aka internal got me hooked on it, the first summer i played i had like 30 game days, i was pretty addicted lol
Page me on Heritage

#41 combusta

combusta
  • Members
  • 1185 posts

Posted 01 October 2005 - 12:38 AM

While me and david played diablo this girl we knew said her game was better, so we tried it, and learned 2 agree w/ her lol

ah the intelligence of combusta, the envy of all nightmist players...

o shut up tony

#42 Oracle

Oracle

Wes

• Game Staff
  • 1398 posts

Posted 01 October 2005 - 03:06 PM

Everyone played it in the pc room at school when JLH was incharge of the admin of the room, then I played at home and was hooked. :( Shortly after the main reset JLH said it'd be cool if I was staff, so I gave it a go :ph34r:

#43 Prophet

Prophet
  • Members
  • 1772 posts

Posted 01 October 2005 - 05:19 PM

Pfft you wouldn't have played if me and rich didn't make you :( I remember in Mr.Metheringham's class getting you to play on Jeremy :ph34r:

Edited by Prophet, 01 October 2005 - 05:19 PM.

Si Senior!

#44 Pandilex

Pandilex

Administrator

• Admin
  • 568 posts

Posted 01 October 2005 - 05:51 PM

So there I was, mackin' chicks, and something happened in the middle and then there was nightmist.
If you build it, they will come.

#45 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5242 posts

Posted 01 October 2005 - 06:15 PM

I had a couple of friends who played, Chase mostly. He had me start playing.

My first crit was Puff_the_Dragon or something of the sort, but I'd deleted it within a couple of weeks, and Lancaster was my main from then until I had old Gaddy.
Still have Lancaster, probably one of the best of all starter crits. Cost me 10k way back when...amazing.

Sucks though, when I looked at the playerbase today---Like the first 50 people to sign up for this forum, I saw that I was the 5th non-staff to sign up.
After me, there is practically no one in the first 50 that plays now. Tadpole's the next name that even stands out as having played recently at all...
Just shows me how far past time it is for me to be gone.
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#46 Parry

Parry
  • Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 01 October 2005 - 08:09 PM

i can't remember.

This game has soaked me in to much i can't remember at all.

I can't remember, this game has consumed me.

I can't remember.

#47 Prophet

Prophet
  • Members
  • 1772 posts

Posted 01 October 2005 - 10:05 PM

I had a couple of friends who played, Chase mostly. He had me start playing.

My first crit was Puff_the_Dragon or something of the sort, but I'd deleted it within a couple of weeks, and Lancaster was my main from then until I had old Gaddy.
Still have Lancaster, probably one of the best of all starter crits. Cost me 10k way back when...amazing.

Sucks though, when I looked at the playerbase today---Like the first 50 people to sign up for this forum, I saw that I was the 5th non-staff to sign up.
After me, there is practically no one in the first 50 that plays now. Tadpole's the next name that even stands out as having played recently at all...
Just shows me how far past time it is for me to be gone.

Do I get classed as the first non-staff or do Kiwi and Angel get that :\, lol I signed up before Stotic of Medora or lots of other staff :(

Edit: Pfft, look again your 8th
Si Senior!

#48 Snoopy

Snoopy

Teh Housewifes

• Members
  • 1318 posts

Posted 01 October 2005 - 11:24 PM

old friend at was playing while at my place and left it instaled, i rolled a crit to chat to her and ended up playing for a number of years :/
Damn you, you know who you are!!!
If smoking 1 cig takes 30 seconds from my life, but laughing adds 5 minutes, if I get stoned every night do I live forever?

#49 Foxie

Foxie

525,600 minutes - how do you measure a year?

• Members
  • 791 posts

Posted 02 October 2005 - 12:03 PM

old friend at was playing while at my place and left it instaled, i rolled a crit to chat to her and ended up playing for a number of years :/
Damn you, you know who you are!!!

old friend?! i guess that about sums it up... but yeah u have me 2 blame for lewis playing, but if u make him quit i wont go stay at his and download it again :-D
On main Azure/Foxie in game.
On 1a Azure, Melody, Faith, Solstice, Wylow, Hope in game.

#50 mStar

mStar
  • Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 02 October 2005 - 01:00 PM

So there I was, mackin' chicks, and something happened in the middle and then there was nightmist.

:ph34r: sure they werent men :ph34r: j/k j/k any ways ya i googled it found it played it loved it and O.o :( are still in love with it to this day :ph34r: its dead seksi (btw this was 2 years ago then i quit last year and restarted last friday o.o)
Knight Ingame
Dai Prz

#51 Valentine

Valentine
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 October 2005 - 09:49 PM

Nearly 5 years ago I started playing because my ex (before he was granted ex-dom) talked about it a lot. I played a lot, started a clan, helped him make some areas before he was demoted (Cyric...and no, I don't care who loved/hated him or his areas), we broke up and avoiding NM was one more way to avoid him. That was 2 years ago, I guess?

Not sure why I came back to the forums recently...I guess it's the hope that Dark Strata will fix everything I found annoying about NM.

Then again, asking people to RP on an online MUD is slightly more difficult than arranging a mass suicide via usenet.

I've heard, anyway. :(
Welcome to the human race.

#52 Kalypso

Kalypso
  • Members
  • 521 posts

Posted 02 October 2005 - 10:06 PM

Nearly 5 years ago I started playing because my ex (before he was granted ex-dom) talked about it a lot. I played a lot, started a clan, helped him make some areas before he was demoted (Cyric...and no, I don't care who loved/hated him or his areas), we broke up and avoiding NM was one more way to avoid him. That was 2 years ago, I guess?

Not sure why I came back to the forums recently...I guess it's the hope that Dark Strata will fix everything I found annoying about NM.

Then again, asking people to RP on an online MUD is slightly more difficult than arranging a mass suicide via usenet.

I've heard, anyway. :(

does that mean cyric is officially single????

god i'm totally joking.
"Maybe some women aren't meant to be tamed.
"Maybe they're supposed to run wild until they find someone just as wild to run with."

#53 Thunderja

Thunderja

Desperate Housewives #1

• Members
  • 1782 posts

Posted 02 October 2005 - 11:30 PM

Lmfao
I wouldn't mind stabbing you in the face, if that's cool with you?

#54 Valentine

Valentine
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 11:57 PM

god i'm totally joking.

Yep--and you can totally have him lol

What? No one cares if I'm single? pffffft

Edit: The line immediately above was a joke :(. I rather enjoy not having 'loyalties' to anyone.

Edited by Valentine, 05 October 2005 - 02:37 AM.

#55 Thunderja

Thunderja

Desperate Housewives #1

• Members
  • 1782 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 04:05 AM

god i'm totally joking.

Yep--and you can totally have him lol

What? No one cares if I'm single? pffffft

Edit: The line immediately above was a joke :(. I rather enjoy not having 'loyalties' to anyone.

Just seen you pic on site, quite the milf. I would so totally go there.
(Really is meant as a compliment lol)
I wouldn't mind stabbing you in the face, if that's cool with you?

#56 jurian

jurian

YAY! Less Lag!

• Members
  • 1505 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 12:18 PM

i used to make hacks for computer games and upload them to a site (x-cheater.com i think) and htey had a forum where you could request for hacks.

someone requested a hack for nightmist. (money and stat altering program) i checked it out and i couldn't make a hack (cuz all the essential data is on the server) but kinda liked playing it :(
Even in death my hate will go on

#57 stalker

stalker
  • Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 07:11 PM

um well i think it was actually a couple of my mates frm skool that said hey why not try this (nemesis and hazard) i tried it and now i think 3-4 years later im still here (i put 3-4 cos my life outside of nM is such a blur that i have no idea how long iv been playing)
A wise man once told me that if you dont hurt people they wont hurt you........................he lied so i killed him

#58 Valentine

Valentine
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 08:31 PM

Just seen you pic on site, quite the milf. I would so totally go there.
(Really is meant as a compliment lol)

Um...thanks...I think? lol
What pic are you talking about?

#59 ~«º»ÐæЫº»~

~«º»ÐæЫº»~
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 October 2005 - 12:59 AM

Bowlin told me about it...

Wow...

#60 Xlithan