Photo

Your Favorite Game Console!

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

Poll: Your Favorite Gaming Console, and Why? (105 member(s) have cast votes)

Your Favorite Gaming Console, and Why?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 21 March 2004 - 07:28 PM

Umm...totally off topic but...

I think you need to get people to repair that castle in the past or something before you can defeat that boss. Also...are you sure it's Glenn's ghost? I could have sworn Glenn was the name of Frog before he was cursed.
Posted Image

#32 Zelimos

Zelimos

DraigNET.com

• Members
  • 1049 posts

Posted 23 March 2004 - 12:01 AM

I can play games on my cellphone...why isn't that on the list?

10 options only :)

#33 Malavon

Malavon
  • Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 23 March 2004 - 08:44 AM

And because a cellphone isn't a games console :)

#34 Bean

Bean
  • Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 23 March 2004 - 07:05 PM

Acctually..

It is now.
Copying from one is Plagiarism
Copying From many is Research.

It's so exciting I need to poo~Deval

#35 Deval

Deval
  • Members
  • 802 posts

Posted 23 March 2004 - 10:05 PM

I'm sorry, but the N-Gage totally sucks azz. It is awkward, ugly, has fiddly buttons, AND YOU HAVE TO TAKE THE BATTERY OFF TO CHANGE THE CARTRIDGE! :thumbs down thumbs down:
"PK'ing has just become a battle of superior numbers." ~ Goldfish.

#36 Bean

Bean
  • Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 23 March 2004 - 10:56 PM

It is a system though, sadly enough

#37 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 23 March 2004 - 11:07 PM

Voted: Sega Genesis / Sega MegaDrive (European version)

Even now I still enjoy playing Sonic the Hedgehog and Streets of Rage on my Sega MegaDrive - hurrah for the 16-bit consoles!

EDIT: Can't forgot the Revenge of Shinobi either!

Edited by Crane, 23 March 2004 - 11:08 PM.

The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#38 Deval

Deval
  • Members
  • 802 posts

Posted 23 March 2004 - 11:12 PM

I would have voted for that too had I been thinking before randomly clicking my current most modern system.

#39 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 24 March 2004 - 12:35 AM

I owe a portion of my life to Sonic and Streets of Rage. o_o

And because a cellphone isn't a games console :)

I obviously was being sarcastic. I was making a point:

Just because you can play games on something (ex. a PC), doesn't make it a console.
Posted Image

#40 Iron_Maiden

Iron_Maiden
  • Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 29 March 2004 - 11:25 PM

Voted Xbox...

When i buy a console i go for the one with best graphics and good selection of games...Second choice id say Sega Mega Drive still play it every now and then and apart from my atari my MD has the biggest game collection
Sorry, no images in profiles - Crane

Inappropriate Avatar - Crane

#41 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 30 March 2004 - 01:38 AM

Voted Xbox...

Read and become that much wiser:

Posted Image

Thank you, again, Penny Arcade. XD
Posted Image

#42 Rappy_Ninja

Rappy_Ninja
  • Members
  • 2923 posts

Posted 30 March 2004 - 02:53 AM

pc - diablo 2 :blink:

lol I want to get into nm again though :)
Page/Memo Beatrix

#43 Zelimos

Zelimos

DraigNET.com

• Members
  • 1049 posts

Posted 30 March 2004 - 02:54 AM

hahaha. Good old microsoft and its "BIG" ideas :)

#44 two

two
  • Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 30 March 2004 - 09:31 PM

when i go shopping for consoles with all my friends at the mall, the first thing i check for is size and how it looks. i'll, like, totally die if my console is too fat or big, and if it's all black it's totally icky. i mean, gag me with a spoon if it's all black. come one people, accessorize! but there's no coming back if someone see's your console in a picture, and it looks all huge and fat. eww.

#45 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 30 March 2004 - 09:48 PM

Go Gamecube and it's purple-ness? o_O
Posted Image

#46 Megalomaniac

Megalomaniac
  • Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 31 March 2004 - 05:55 PM

no Sega :) (Golden Axe and Streets of Rage =) Sega wins for me anyways.
Lîfë ï§ Å Gâmê | Ðråçøñî§ îñgâmê

#47 Deval

Deval
  • Members
  • 802 posts

Posted 05 April 2004 - 05:24 AM

Update: Segas Shining Force for GBA should be released relatively shortly to all you American and English folk, here in Australia, we now have to wait till (after my best investigations) until may 7th. It's so exciting I need to poo, also, in other good console related news, Disgaea: Hour of Darkness, is being released in Europe shortly, I believe the release date was set to April 14th, so get ready for tactical/role playing funnnnnnnn.

#48 Malavon

Malavon
  • Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 05 April 2004 - 10:17 AM

Do you mean 'Shining Force: Resurrection of the Dark Dragon'? Because that isn't out till 6/8/2004 according to GameSpot.

#49 Charon

Charon
  • Members
  • 617 posts

Posted 05 April 2004 - 11:28 AM

Update: Segas Shining Force for GBA should be released relatively shortly to all you American and English folk, here in Australia, we now have to wait till (after my best investigations) until may 7th. It's so exciting I need to poo, also, in other good console related news, Disgaea: Hour of Darkness, is being released in Europe shortly, I believe the release date was set to April 14th, so get ready for tactical/role playing funnnnnnnn.

Disgaea's being released? I coulda sworn they decided they weren't going because they decided the 'market wasn't large enough'

Oh I hope it is :blink:
*runs to check game release lists*
*runs to find some money :s*

Edit: Went and checked my normal places of purchase (That being amazon as its cheaper than walking into game) and some other places... I cant find it listed anywhere :) Where did you find that release date Deval?

Edited by Charon, 05 April 2004 - 11:29 AM.

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind." --Rudyard Kipling

#50 Malavon

Malavon
  • Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 05 April 2004 - 11:45 AM

http://www.gamespot....ness/index.html

How can 200 odd readers have voted for it if it isn't even released/made?

#51 Charon

Charon
  • Members
  • 617 posts

Posted 05 April 2004 - 11:56 AM

http://www.gamespot....ness/index.html

How can 200 odd readers have voted for it if it isn't even released/made?

Thankyou thankyou :)

Its guess its out in Japan and there was a limited american release.

the turn-based tactical role-playing game is already available in North America, where it was published by Atlus last year

I guess maybe the people with one of those versions could have voted for it ^^

Then again, it might have been voted for by people who read the reviews and just vote if it they think sounds good :blink:
"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind." --Rudyard Kipling

#52 Deval

Deval
  • Members
  • 802 posts

Posted 06 April 2004 - 06:48 AM

Do you mean 'Shining Force: Resurrection of the Dark Dragon'? Because that isn't out till 6/8/2004 according to GameSpot.

http://www.gamesindu...me=pub&aid=2989

An article regarding the release of Disgaea in Europe. It looks sweet huh? Still, sucks it's not coming to Australia

As for Malavon, Shining Force: Ressurection of Dark Dragon is a remake of the very first Shining Force, and all games in the same vein are also named Shining Force, therefore it is not strange for someone to refer to the new game simply as shining force. Meanwhile, I based my assumption on dates due to the fact that Australia is definately getting it on 07/05, and that is direct information from a retailer. Most fanciful countries like America, Japan and Europe get 99% of games months before Australia, so it was not unreasonable to assume it would hit your shores sooner. Are you American or European?

Anyway, for all the latest scoops and information regarding past, now present, and future Shining Force, I would suggest you check out Shining Force Central.

Other games from the same series as Shining Force, but are of a different genré go by other titles, such as 'Shining in the Darkness', and the late 'Shining Soul', and 'Shining Soul 2'. There is a massive time line that all the games loosely fit into, and the Shining series are my all time favourite games.

Its guess its out in Japan and there was a limited american release.

I've heard it can be quite difficult to find in the states, if that's where you hail from.

#53 Regan

Regan
  • Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 07 April 2004 - 07:34 AM

Picked Gameboy...had one since the bulky gray ones...then i got all of my games, a gmc,and a bga stolen...i wanna get a gbasp.... :) [/SIZE]
Painless Ingame

#54 Ork

Ork
  • Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 16 April 2004 - 09:03 AM

Anyone who picks an old console is a moron, i know you're trying to look cool. But i got a nes here and it sucks, also got a snes and it sucks, got a sega and it sucks.... It was cool when they came out, but they seriously suck now...

id agree in most all ways with the exception that some of my favorite console games of all time are chrono trigger and simons quest, and that was for super nintendo, and nintendo.

other than that i would pretty much agree. i currently own 2xNES 1xSNES 1xGenesis. And i either found them on the curb, or got them given to me.... what does that tell you.

#55 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 16 April 2004 - 11:55 PM

Times change, very quickly nowadays. What was cutting edge yesterday is entry level today and obsolete tomorrow (does that actually make any sense at all?!)

Even though consoles like the Sega MegaDrive (Genesis) are almost nothing in comparison with today's consoles, there is something about the old 2D platform games that stops them dying and thus you cannot stop playing them over and over again! Even now I still cannot get enough of Shiva at the end of Streets of Rage II, what a cool boss!
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#56 Bean

Bean
  • Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 17 April 2004 - 03:38 AM

I think most of the newer systems suck... Have bought two out of the three so far, and they both collect dust now... Meanwhile Im still playing a lot of SNES and NES games.

#57 Malavon

Malavon
  • Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 17 April 2004 - 09:19 AM

Then you need to get decent games for them.

#58 Chewbob

Chewbob
  • Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 24 November 2004 - 04:46 PM

Someone is going through the polls forum and voting on all the ones they can to bump them >_<

#59 Sean

Sean
  • Members
  • 976 posts

Posted 25 November 2004 - 10:29 PM

Nintendo DS (Aint out here in UK yet had to get imprt. Luckily there is no region barrier :unsure: )
Stadic Ingame...

#60 Exor

Exor
  • Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 25 November 2004 - 11:09 PM

holy nuts look how old this thread is.stop posting lol
-Mark aka Exor aka Android_20 aka Illidan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users