• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#31 «¤ºxXl3úÐXxº¤»

«¤ºxXl3úÐXxº¤»
  • Members
  • 405 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 08:51 AM

Remove Justice Zone
Make boss squares pk no matter what or who you are?
I don't care if you lick windows, take the special bus, or occasionally pee on yourself. Hang in there you're friggin special!

#32 JadedSoul

JadedSoul
  • Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 09:20 AM

This is by far one of the craziest ideas I`ve heard. Not supported in any way.

The problem isn't pk/nopk. For YEARS main was pk. For YEARS it attracted new players and held the interest of old players. Removing pking from the main server made the game truely unchallenging. And as a result a large number of players quit. The ones who remained on main got lazy.

Take note of those who object to main being pkable. They are the few players who log 20 crits and skip around Nightmist without a care in the world.

1)Keep pking on.
2)Limit the number of characters to 6.
3)Remove Justice Zone.

Main is nothing more then a huge playground for staff to play. I see all kinds of things that have been added to main since 1alt started. But yet the largest majority of the player base is on the neglected server. This game is free. And staff do not get paid. But being staff is a privilege not a position earned because you have been here a long time. JLH grow a pair and make these slackers work. Mark, Gaddy, and Trev have all earned my respect. But lets be honest here. You guys haven`t done a whole lot to improve the game as of late. By all accounts you have made things worse by not doing anything with the one alt server. Oh you have added some sexy things to main. But incase you didn`t notice your the only ones playing it.

Edited by JadedSoul, 22 January 2009 - 09:39 AM.

I am whoever you think I am.

#33 Achilles

Achilles
  • Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 10:15 AM

Part of making the game more fun is to grow the playerbase, and to do that, we need to be inclusive of many different play styles. We can't afford to be turning people away. I think allowing both a PK and no-PK option on the main server would require a little bit of work, but it's not insurmountable (you'd need no-cast, no-login, remove JZ, and no-party across PK status). I'd also like to see a whole new continent for level 31+ characters (where you can only go there or come back once a week or once a month). I'm also pretty interested in the idea of having some areas that are no-PK, or that are restricted to teams of players (no single explorers allowed). But all of these things require a little bit of effort from JLH.

disagree entirely.. if you honestly read through all these posts i dont see how you can conceive a way to make this work... like i said, if someone wants to go to a nopk place, make that place, that would be fair for everone, instead of having nopk crits(pacifists with attack) that can come and steal your boss drops with no chance of killing them...

edit:does seem unfair that alot more people play 1alt, but 3-5staffers play main, and "dont want anything to do with 1alt"...

Edited by Achilles, 22 January 2009 - 10:17 AM.

#34 Cadabra

Cadabra

(¯`·¸¸» ÇåÐàß®ä «¸¸·´¯)

• Members
  • 2361 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 11:49 AM

Lol why should putting this idea in bring Trev back?
Shouldnt he just do it anyways?

Not Supported.
Nightmist is like Pringles, once you pop you just cant stop.

#35 Wind

Wind

Kevbear <3

• Members
  • 1021 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 01:40 PM

I'm always amazed that some people seem to think they know what I've said when they clearly know nothing.

I've been away for quite a while with some heavy work committments, but I stop in every once in a while to see what is happening. I'm very happy to see the number of players increasing on both servers, and I'm very thankful to Elf for keeping many things running behind the scenes.

If you want Nightmist to keep being an interesting game, then it needs a tiny bit of support from JLH. There is no substitute.

If JLH is willing to make some small updates on occasion, then I think there are a lot of different things that can be done to keep things lively. But if he's not really willing to spend any time on the game (as it was the last few years that I was active), then I don't see any sense in spending effort on a dying game engine.

Part of making the game more fun is to grow the playerbase, and to do that, we need to be inclusive of many different play styles. We can't afford to be turning people away. I think allowing both a PK and no-PK option on the main server would require a little bit of work, but it's not insurmountable (you'd need no-cast, no-login, remove JZ, and no-party across PK status). I'd also like to see a whole new continent for level 31+ characters (where you can only go there or come back once a week or once a month). I'm also pretty interested in the idea of having some areas that are no-PK, or that are restricted to teams of players (no single explorers allowed). But all of these things require a little bit of effort from JLH.

Finally, you all need to remember that staff are volunteers. If I had wanted to give an ultimatum about what volunteer effort I was willing to give, I'd have been completely within my rights. If JLH wanted to listen to me or ignore me, he'd be completely within his rights. Stop treating staff like they owe you something and you might find them much more willing to volunteer their time to run events, build cool content, and make the game more fun for you.

I agree with what you are saying in some ways, but if the staff are not working as they should be making new area's, items etc, then get staff that are willing to?. If you sit around all day just talking to your friends at work and doing maybe 5-10 mins of helping people would they keep paying you? I dont think so

And Jadedsoul no offence with what you are saying about the 6 alt limit but if this actually happened I would quit along with alot more of the player base

Edited by Wind, 22 January 2009 - 01:44 PM.

Cry me a river!

Character Name: Wind on both servers!

#36 Cadabra

Cadabra

(¯`·¸¸» ÇåÐàß®ä «¸¸·´¯)

• Members
  • 2361 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 01:42 PM

I'm always amazed that some people seem to think they know what I've said when they clearly know nothing.

I've been away for quite a while with some heavy work committments, but I stop in every once in a while to see what is happening. I'm very happy to see the number of players increasing on both servers, and I'm very thankful to Elf for keeping many things running behind the scenes.

If you want Nightmist to keep being an interesting game, then it needs a tiny bit of support from JLH. There is no substitute.

If JLH is willing to make some small updates on occasion, then I think there are a lot of different things that can be done to keep things lively. But if he's not really willing to spend any time on the game (as it was the last few years that I was active), then I don't see any sense in spending effort on a dying game engine.

Finally, you all need to remember that staff are volunteers. If I had wanted to give an ultimatum about what volunteer effort I was willing to give, I'd have been completely within my rights. If JLH wanted to listen to me or ignore me, he'd be completely within his rights. Stop treating staff like they owe you something and you might find them much more willing to volunteer their time to run events, build cool content, and make the game more fun for you.

I agree with what you are saying in some ways, but if the staff are not working as they should be making new area's, items etc, then get staff that are willing to?. If you sit around all day just talking to your friends at work and doing maybe 5-10 mins of helping people would they keep paying you? I dont think so

Exactly what i was saying.

I agree totally.
Nightmist is like Pringles, once you pop you just cant stop.

#37 Payne

Payne
  • Members
  • 816 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 02:00 PM

I support this idea for Main only plx
Astinus on 1alt Only

#38 Äññöÿäñcë

Äññöÿäñcë
  • Members
  • 2132 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 02:25 PM

sorry forgot you played main..

is this going to happen anyway? i think looking at the people who actually play multi and who have posted on this thread the idea itself isn't really liked.

Edited by Äññöÿäñcë, 22 January 2009 - 02:25 PM.

Disaster ingame.

#39 Prophet

Prophet
  • Members
  • 1772 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 07:07 PM

I haven't used this since main was turned to nopk but:

WORST SUGGESTION EVER

I'm sorry, but this is just asking for trouble.

Ok you can stop people from partying, but that doesn't mean they can't simply just have a friend using a nopk party and them a pk party and simply following each other, with the nopk party helping them and as far as I can see there is no plausible way you can stop that from happening.

The server over the past week or so has been SO much more active its actually been enjoyable to play and I can safely say that in the past few days I have played more as a result than I did in the entire year previous to this(due to nopk), and if this was put in I can see me leaving again, people would be able to annoy me with jumping me with thieves and such and then having another party that I wouldn't be able to take revenge upon.

To summarise if you want to protect the player base and make as many people happy as possible don't add this.
Si Senior!

#40 Prophet

Prophet
  • Members
  • 1772 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 07:18 PM

On another note, I would be willing to have the server go to just about any PK system if Trevayne were actively making new areas again.

New adventures to go on and new monsters to face would be well worth seeing alternative systems.

First off sorry for the double post just wanted to address this:

While there may be new areas coming I feel one of the big reasons why most people have come back to playing again is not so much just the pking, but the competition for bosses rather than it simply being "oh yes it will definitely be in" without even checking. Turn it back to nopk and this competition will go away negating the reasons for adding new areas.
Si Senior!

#41 Snoopy

Snoopy

Teh Housewifes

• Members
  • 1318 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 08:20 PM

Totaly disagree with the idea for all the reasons above

No point repeating points so i will leave it at that

xxx
If smoking 1 cig takes 30 seconds from my life, but laughing adds 5 minutes, if I get stoned every night do I live forever?

#42 shomer

shomer
  • Members
  • 1104 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 09:40 PM

if it's about making new areas, then have fun doing that for the 4-5 players who will still play if this is put in
Page me on Heritage

#43 Dangerous

Dangerous
  • Members
  • 498 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 09:42 PM

Not Supported :ph34r:

#44 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5237 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 11:03 PM

To those of you trying to make this about staff rather than the concept presented- stop.

With the confirmation of productivity in exchange for productivity (Trev's work for JLH's work), I would like to see this tried. People can say all sorts of things about what will or will not happen, but you never know until you try.
NOPK worked quite well for a while, but then the server lost nearly all activity.
Some players really do not want to be hassled by others, and having Nightmist simply as an escape where you don't have to deal with being PK'd can attract back some. Who knows if it will or not.

As for all the stuff about running into players at bosses and not being able to protect your kills...that's real speculation. I cannot remember the last time I found a boss with my party and had another group show up within the 5 minutes it takes to kill most of them.
It has been AGES.

There would obviously be ZERO mixing between parties of NOPK and PK characters, which would limit some aspects of abuse, but I still think it would be really annoying to have someone kill you with their thief and druid team, then turn around and play their mains without any worry of revenge.
This worries me because it is exactly what I would do, or at least the first thought that came to mind.

However, not too much harm can come from trying something out. It has worked before.
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#45 deadman

deadman
  • Members
  • 2395 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 11:11 PM

I agree with your ending gaddy that people would run a pk party clear the boss/their training area then log it nearby and go on a nopk training party.. abusing the system..

I don't really see the system as working, and the thing about it from what I see is you want to attract people to play multi server.. why would you put something in that 75% if not more of the current multi players said they'd leave if it was put in or not play as much? That's hurting not helping.
Contact Unforgiven on 1a.

#46 Prophet

Prophet
  • Members
  • 1772 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 11:17 PM

Gaddy, it worked really well too begin with because shortly afterwards a new area came out which had people intrigued. However, I have to disagree about there being other people turn up at boss kills, since I've been playing in the last few days, nearly every boss I've been to either with someone who also noticed it was in and tagged along or someone has already been there killing it, take the Hedge Lord the other day 5 different people turned up for it, once again showing how much interest switching back to PK the server has gained.

The simple fact is that before it was changed back to PK the server has come alive and I'm sure if JLH has statistics on this it will clearly show this.
Si Senior!

#47 Achilles

Achilles
  • Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 11:33 PM

Err this is a joke right?

People are complaining about Multi? Everyone I have talk to loves multi and started playing again just for that reason of it being PK?

Ya I want Trev back... but this is a joke right? Early April fools?

Sorry to say, and I know people will probably be mad at me.. but I don't support this..

It is only asking for trouble with people stealing kills, setting off traps on people and you can't get back at them and all kinds of stuff...

one staffer has it right...

Again, nopk area's are the only way such a nonsense idea would work..

#48 Walt

Walt
  • Members
  • 993 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 12:32 AM

I agree with your ending gaddy that people would run a pk party clear the boss/their training area then log it nearby and go on a nopk training party.. abusing the system..

The only way I see this not being done is to make the whole realm l2l. Then showing up on a pking party would mean that said party would need to remain there and finish off the boss. If it is l2l then the nopk party would probably not come into play.

It seems to me that when the real was nopk, everyone respected each others "personal space" as it came to bosses and the bosses condition. Orange or red meant it was the person who was there first. Yellow or green meant it was a fair fight and up for grabs.

I am sure the people who would take advantage of this situation would only be the ones who want to play the game as it was for a while. In peace and solitude.

If this is found to be abused, I am sure the real serious bossers would hand out their own style of justice.

I myself have no real opinion on whether or not this should happen, I am just throwing out a thought on what could be. This is probably one of those damned if you do, or damned if you don't kinda issues.

GL
I would ask myself why, but even I do not know everything.

#49 Pureza

Pureza

It's 4:20, do you know where your papers are???

• Members
  • 1858 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 12:50 AM

Not supported. I agree with pretty much all points to not bring this in to the game.

As far as Trev coming back and making more areas, that would be great. A little summin new to explore would be nice, if he doesn't have the time or the inclination to do so, that's just fine to.
Jaded ingame.

#50 Oracle

Oracle

Wes

• Game Staff
  • 1398 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 11:25 AM

Evening ignoring the strong support against this suggestion.
Personally I just don't see it working to give peace to some and continue the chaos to others. But then again I think I though the idea of the server being NOPK in the first place wouldn't work.

#51 Achilles

Achilles
  • Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 11:58 AM

I still think its possible to make both type of players happy on one server. Just not with this idea. It would take some serious area development, in which would allow NOPK areas to be implemented. Possibly something enchanted by a high pacifist or something random for rpg purposes. With this scenario people could train/boss with out the possibility of getting pkd, but at the same time they have to go out to the "real world" if they want a chance at some of the bigger drops in the game. So yeah, add a few nopk area's and a few bosses or w/e and the problem is solved. It wont be overnight, but it would be worth the wait to the people that want to play without risk.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users