Photo

Change Cobalt Staff Of The Winds Back

1-alt

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

Poll: Change Cobalt Staff of the Winds back on 1-alt.

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

Should it be back to .3 Vamp rating?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Cadabra

Cadabra

(¯`·¸¸» ÇåÐàß®ä «¸¸·´¯)

• Members
  • 2361 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 03:11 PM

Change it back to original Vamp?

For a 10 million gold weapon it doesnt seem worth it anymore.

Main get .3 and 20 alts but we get 1-alt and .2? Doesnt make sense 1 bit.

We have a very low playerbase nowadays and people hardly group, makes it stupidly hard to even kill moderns.

Please if you play main don't vote, even if you agree. Thanks
Nightmist is like Pringles, once you pop you just cant stop.

#2 Terron

Terron
  • Members
  • 2121 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 07:30 PM

I null voted.  Its irrelevant either way imo.  the monsters, in general are so overbearing in damage that even with 100 vamp you cant sit toe to toe with them without dozens of potions.  That being said, I dont see how the 4-5 mobs each class would kill easier with 30% vamp is that big of a game changing impact.  killing vamp bats bears and small snakes and other bs monsters is just as easy with .1 as it is with .3  

Hit and run should never have been a server requirement lol.

"Wake Up!!" 

#3 Rodeo

Rodeo
  • Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 09:27 PM

mooseing mainers..

#4 Rodeo

Rodeo
  • Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 09:30 PM

You know the staff and advisor automated reply right? "1a and Main are two separate games at this point so it is moot to compare them."

Don't worry, I'll save you homie.

#5 Cadabra

Cadabra

(¯`·¸¸» ÇåÐàß®ä «¸¸·´¯)

• Members
  • 2361 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 01:43 PM

Please don't flame thats why we don't have Stig implemeting things nowadays.

Stay on topic.

#6 xxx

xxx
  • Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 07:09 PM

I wish it would be changed back. Never will be.

#7 Rodeo

Rodeo
  • Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 10:00 PM

Flame me? Never.

#8 Stig

Stig
  • Game Staff
  • 1810 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 10:20 PM

The reason why it was reduced was to test the waters to see how players would react to seeing it removed completely... given the server-wide rage at its reduction, that plan was scrapped.  However, it was penned to be removed entirely because it was never balanced for 1-alt and should not have been kept, but its removal was constantly delayed until it became too late and players successfully bought some.  Why remove it?  Because it makes it pretty much pointless to go for drops like the Blade of Time and the Sovereign Sword, because the Cobalt Staff simply outperforms them, if not in damage then in HP restore and its magical properties.  The problem still stands, and the only weapons that are occasionally chosen over the Cobalt Staff are those with damage multipliers.

#9 Cadabra

Cadabra

(¯`·¸¸» ÇåÐàß®ä «¸¸·´¯)

• Members
  • 2361 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 10:38 PM

So without sounding a douche, will it be changed?

You need HP restore on Weapons or it would be impossible to even break even with gold while training (pots etc), let alone staying alive.

#10 Stig

Stig
  • Game Staff
  • 1810 posts

Posted 26 April 2016 - 12:19 AM

For now it won't be changed.  I'll try to keep an eye on things though, but really there needs to be a reason for players to venture to bosses, and if the Cobalt Staff just outshines everything that's dropped, then that's a problem.

There might be other solutions though, like reducing damage on some of the monsters in higher-level areas.

#11 Terron

Terron
  • Members
  • 2121 posts

Posted 26 April 2016 - 01:34 AM

the whole problem lies, that 70%+ of the monsters ingame rape any melee class cobalt or not. aside from hypno, ending a round in invis/camou, or having a successful healing spell to nullify the power of the monsters, nothing but vamp will help this.  and that being said, even having a weapon that heals to full every click you will still die to a major portion of monsters because they hit for 100*X per regen. which is why cleric ranger are the most used classes by today's players by far.  there are no tanks, hit and run is the only pathetic option.

I would like to see cobalt removed but the game is far from the basic principles to do so.  pots would need to be like 1/5th the price and mana 10x as much as a potion(seeing as its a mined resource), not to mention monsters across the board would need toned down. and lastly the crate system would need an overhaul per class, because if they cant successfully kill the monsters with csotw, they sure as fk won't without one.

No-one wants 29/30 bd weapons because there is an overstock of the items as is.  nothing to do with them. not 1 blacksmith or warrior in the entire realm wants to pay for such a weapon, not even 1 soldier from Harabec's army.  no boss drop leveling system or crafting to make the items worth a gd.  what they are is endgame junk that was seldom used in pvp, which is gone.  junk, much like absorb. 

"Wake Up!!" 

#12 Cadabra

Cadabra

(¯`·¸¸» ÇåÐàß®ä «¸¸·´¯)

• Members
  • 2361 posts

Posted 26 April 2016 - 07:56 AM

I'll try to keep an eye on things though, but really there needs to be a reason for players to venture to bosses, and if the Cobalt Staff just outshines everything that's dropped, then that's a problem.

We don't need Weapons to be honest, we need better Equipment. CSotW was fine and less people cared when it was .3 just saying.

Don't create a problem with an item to "Try" and solve a problem with less used ones.

Add a Coin System like main has and those items will most definitely get used.

Edited by Cadabra, 26 April 2016 - 08:21 AM.

#13 Apocalypto

Apocalypto
  • Members
  • 1204 posts

Posted 27 April 2016 - 12:41 PM

When looking at 1-alt it seems that there could have been something much greater with better foresight. Now a good portion of the items that are the best for a character are fairly easy to obtain and render many bosses useless. As someone who saved up for one of the first cobalts on the server I personally don't think the removal or even a reduction of stats is that great of an idea, especially within the 1-alt realm. A better solution in my opinion would be to reduce over saturation of good items, which is something that should have been heavily discussed before opening the server. So how do you do this? 

1) New Boss Drops 

I know, too easy and it just prolongs the problem, but hear me out. The Blade of Time was an example I saw discussed when the Cobalt's vamp reduction was being discussed, so I'll start with it. What if, a new overpowered blade were to drop? People would fight it. But not long down the road it would flood the market and we would be exactly where we are at. No demand for boss drops. The only effective way to combat this in my opinion is to have considerably overpowered items as a somewhat low drop percentage. The catch is that they will only last a certain amount of time when you obtain them(perhaps a month)

Just for the sake of an example, what if the Time Knight dropped a Fractured Blade of Time with a -10ac +2 dex mod.... the item would only last 1 month, similar to a champ's belt. The problem is obviously that it will never be coded, but I feel like a system could be worked out where "awarded" the item and took it back after a month. 

Another way to go about this without trying to moose with the bosses is to have NPCs in town that is mourning the loss of someone at the expense of a particular boss. They ask you to avenge their friend and in return they will give you a surprise that could be something subpar or something amazing (again for a limited time)

The main problem is that without coding the system would be extremely ambitious for staff (whoever that is now lol, I assume just Stig?) They would have to keep track of a list of items and make sure to get the items back when the time expired, but in my opinion it is a fairly reasonable solution to the problem.  

Edited by Apocalypto, 27 April 2016 - 02:56 PM.

Apocalypto

#14 Apocalypto

Apocalypto
  • Members
  • 1204 posts

Posted 27 April 2016 - 12:55 PM

2) Make over-saturated items keys. To new or existing areas. 

3) Make them involved heavily in the leveling system. 

4) Use them to create items that could use a boost. I don't think a few AC points will hurt 1A at all. If anything, extensively higher AC would probably make it better.

IE: 10 Crystal Rings = Crystal Ore, 10 Crystal Ores + Hades Amulet+ modifier amulet = Modifier amulet with 5 ac. 

IE: 2 SoE and a Cobalt = a cobalt with extra bd. 

The only way to create a demand for something is to limit the quantities. Making the cobalt worse won't change the fact that I had 3 Blades of Time setting in my account for no reason. 

Apocalypto

#15 Element

Element
  • Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 01:21 PM

For now it won't be changed.  I'll try to keep an eye on things though, but really there needs to be a reason for players to venture to bosses, and if the Cobalt Staff just outshines everything that's dropped, then that's a problem.

There might be other solutions though, like reducing damage on some of the monsters in higher-level areas.

Well duh! This is a dictatorship!

Why would the people who actually play the server get an opinion or get their thoughts heard. You should write a book on Game Administration/Dictatorship. I think it would sell great in Russia or Cuba or something.

Question hows it feel to slowly strangle the life out of a game because you think only your opinions matter and you believe you are some game admin god or something?

-Adventure To Fate Game Dev- https://itunes.apple...d871690289?mt=8

#16 Stig

Stig
  • Game Staff
  • 1810 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 03:47 PM

Why thank you.

#17 Gregory67

Gregory67
  • Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 04:24 PM

Noooo!

1-Alt Only--Nighthawk In-game

#18 Rodeo

Rodeo
  • Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 08:53 PM

I love you randy. Lol

#19 Terron

Terron
  • Members
  • 2121 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 12:14 AM

the stig has been revealed as Kim Jong Un?

I dont think stigs additions or decisions strangle the life out of the players, its the game's basic concept in general.

1) its outdated

2)its grindy

3)classes aren't even diverse( in the grand scheme of the game more than half of the classes serve, ultimately, no purpose whatsoever)

4) no customization aside from winning a random in a decent quest - so almost never

5)leveling systems are not sufficient for anyone that plays casually(5 hrs a fkin day isn't casual its part-time)

6) little or nothing to do for a casual player to hold interest(needing a lvl 30 to farm a lvl 10s gear is rediculous) 

7)some races are awful, racial benefits are basically nonexistent.

8)if you tough it out, it still takes a decade to amass most of the items you'll want

-majority of items have no use(alot of it is because most items were around at max lvl 30 so instead of the items drawn over a 40 level advancement you get most of them at 25 and 30, then its onward to endure epic .00001% drop rates and randoms)

9)lacks pvp in any shape or form

-games with no pvp are trying to draw players from a pool of roughly 12% of online players 

-pvp is the life-blood of gaming whether you like it or not.

10)little to no staff interaction

11)testing is limited. 

-players are left to abuse a mechanic, item, or drop rate for months 

-nerfing things isnt always the wisest decision, it may be harder to tweak 7 other things up to par rather than nerf 1 thing, in the end its worth it.

no real reason to continue the list, stig isnt the culprit, its the core decisions/limitations.  if stig only wants to pop on and throw an item or area out every few years, more power to him.  atleast its something.  

"Wake Up!!" 

#20 Element

Element
  • Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 01:04 AM

the stig has been revealed as Kim Jong Un?

I dont think stigs additions or decisions strangle the life out of the players, its the game's basic concept in general.

1) its outdated

True but that doesnt mean things cant be done you just have a leader who is leading with his eyes and ears shut.

2)its grindy

give monsters more exp cut back on the grind done.

3)classes aren't even diverse( in the grand scheme of the game more than half of the classes serve, ultimately, no purpose whatsoever)

Classes are really not diverse but you could make them more interesting by giving cool weapons/items to certain classes to enhance their abilities

4) no customization aside from winning a random in a decent quest - so almost never

goes with the statement above make some cool items easy...

5)leveling systems are not sufficient for anyone that plays casually(5 hrs a fkin day isn't casual its part-time)

should be redone give higher exp and remove item leveling restrictions.

6) little or nothing to do for a casual player to hold interest(needing a lvl 30 to farm a lvl 10s gear is rediculous) 

need more interesting areas focused on new and casual players. stop making everything for teams you are lucky to have 5 people on the server at once. embrace people being able to solo things the whole group thing hasnt worked for 10 years maybe try something else or do you think magically we are going to gain a ton of people and its going to start working?

cant be changed but again items/weapons can give classes and races some good diversity

8)if you tough it out, it still takes a decade to amass most of the items you'll want

-majority of items have no use(alot of it is because most items were around at max lvl 30 so instead of the items drawn over a 40 level advancement you get most of them at 25 and 30, then its onward to endure epic .00001% drop rates and randoms)

again very worthless system built for a game that has 1000s of players not 10s of players.

-games with no pvp are trying to draw players from a pool of roughly 12% of online players 

put the best leveling areas and gold areas where they are accessible to everyone with somewhat limited monsters people will start killing. give stronger weapons so its more of an offensive game rather than defensive...

promote some actual players to staff you know the ones who play the server and know the server???

11)testing is limited. 

-nerfing things isnt always the wisest decision, it may be harder to tweak 7 other things up to par rather than nerf 1 thing, in the end its worth it.

let players who play the server decide on these things instred of staff who dont and just think whatever they think is right.

no real reason to continue the list, stig isnt the culprit, its the core decisions/limitations.  if stig only wants to pop on and throw an item or area out every few years, more power to him.  atleast its something.  

Most of these things could be fixed by a half decent admin even with the "limited" powers he has. blah blah blah admin is not a fulltime job etc. Well then let the players help instead of having your head so far up your ass?

luckily for the real players of nightmist a new game is coming out that actually listens to the players and doesnt have Kim Jong Un as the admin. Hope you enjoy your online game where you are the only player Kim!

#21 Terron

Terron
  • Members
  • 2121 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 01:33 AM

he doesnt want to do it or jlh wont let him, either way it doesn't matter.  just play it for what it is or don't lol.  these problems aren't new by any means, even in the games hay-day it had the same problems. alot were made up for with pvp and pking but the grind eliminated that . 

its quite simple really, the creator doesnt want to put in alot of time on it and he doesnt want anyone else to do it either.

your game may be better, im looking forward to it. but atm it looks like a rok clone, and rok had just as many problems as nm. 

"Wake Up!!" 

#22 Element

Element
  • Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 03:03 AM

he doesnt want to do it or jlh wont let him, either way it doesn't matter.  just play it for what it is or don't lol.  these problems aren't new by any means, even in the games hay-day it had the same problems. alot were made up for with pvp and pking but the grind eliminated that . 

its quite simple really, the creator doesnt want to put in alot of time on it and he doesnt want anyone else to do it either.

your game may be better, im looking forward to it. but atm it looks like a rok clone, and rok had just as many problems as nm. 

Truth no one really wants to put forth the effort and no effort is basically slowly letting the game die.

Lets me honest the game is slowly dying. The options are keep it as it is (worse than a Koren grind fest with 2% of the playerbase) or reduce the grind and put some fun elements into the game?

Would it hurt to put fun class unique items into the game? Would it hurt to be able to get to max level in under 5 years? would it hurt to make it new player friendly? these changes are simple and the answer is simple the person in charge stig (not jlh) doesnt want them not because they are hard because hes right and he knows everyone else is wrong.

Edited by Element, 06 May 2016 - 04:20 AM.

#23 ice_cold

ice_cold
  • Advisors
  • 1803 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 04:08 PM

The truth, which everyone is completely skates around or ignorantly throws random fixes out thinking about the repercussions, is that the game is old and wasn't very well thought through. 

Characters in this game have ridiculously low hp, even at level 40. This leaves an extremely small amount of room to tailor monsters. Unless you want there only to be something like 15 monsters in game, and I know a couple of you will say you would even though you would complain for 10 years if there weren't more, you're pretty much stuck in that area. 

Due to the way the armor system is built, you can only have so much armor before damage does nothing to you. Normally people throw out the number of 200 as being invincible, however as I understand it some years ago JLH in the background changed it 250 without telling players due to armor creep. All that could be wrong, but once again, the way the armor system works doesn't make a ton of sense and hampers growth. Staff need to tread a very thin line between enough armor and too much armor and still trying to somewhat keep classes so they look differently. - As it stands I can already get my cleric to 202 armor and mages/druids are fairly close to that number as well with the best quest items.

Both problems listed above completely hamper the growth of the game, and that will never change. The .3 vamp makes every other weapon useless, and lowering it to .2 got people to think about other weapons that they might bring to bosses or to train with. Adding the .3 back is only going to help you with you with a small amount of normal monsters, however in parties can make bosses too easy.

The only real way to change these problems is if the game was overhauled. Characters need at least 10x the hp and the armor system would need to be revised, something JLH is completely unwilling to do.

I read somewhere that ostrichs hide their heads under the sand because moles watch porn.

ScarletMuse 03/2/2005 11:20am

#24 Rodeo

Rodeo
  • Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 04:25 PM

Hey sounds like something piddy said. Lul?

#25 Terron

Terron
  • Members
  • 2121 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 06:00 PM

its not that its impossible to amend a few changes to balance the game a lil bit.  I mean it isn't impossible for jlh to amend race stats, change codeline on racial abilities to be noticeable, add more races etc. he could also drop a codeline to half monster damage and double hp/mp gains or atleast add 100 hps/mana to level 1's starting hp formula.  but in the end its easier to make a whole new game lol.

as far as the items ingame they should be drawn over a larger level progression, most of the basic/staple lvl 30 items should be pushed toward lvl 36, but also need to shrink the bd/ac gap between the starting and endgame items. lvl 1 weapons shouldnt be 1 bd, more like 10.  basically low level equips need buffed so the game isn't chain death to mobs for your first 17 levels. also increases training speed and survivability of lowbies, while virtually keeping high levels exactly the same via damage/defense, the hp boost would do the rest.

in this scope the max armor of classes is mostly adequate on any class that achieves 110 ac.  sadly those under 110 ac get destroyed, which is ultimately the reason for halving the damage of monsters.

unavoidable monster attacks, classified as magic, make the game far too one sided. sure it makes a cleric or mage actually get hit, but classes like thief which do low damage overall or characters without healing or vamp are pretty much forced to avoid the monsters entirely.

exp rate would have to be altered, bosses being 0-10 more pod than their crappy clickable minions is just crazy. bosses shouldn't see under 125 pod.

and with that the 1a crate system requirements for items should be, atleast, halved if not quartered... in no way shape or form is it exciting to kill thousands of monsters you wish you didn't have to, to gather 100s of items to gain a level. it takes players that only play an hour to 90 minutes a day multiple months to farm a single crate, let alone the 4-5 they need, not to mention the gaps of whether the class they are playing can even kill said monsters at that given time, or without a cobalt, or even with that class period. 

lastly the stamina progression would need changed, sadly another code change. most classes should acquire a 6th stam before level 30, with the rewards of additional stamina fewer and further between. helps lowbies have more options. 

i believe with those changes the game would be finalized. and you can say what you like, but everything i just listed is 100% possible with jlh's cooperation ofc.

"Wake Up!!" 

#26 ice_cold

ice_cold
  • Advisors
  • 1803 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 07:09 PM

>>>I dont think stigs additions or decisions strangle the life out of the players, its the game's basic concept in general.<<<

1) its outdated

True but that doesnt mean things cant be done you just have a leader who is leading with his eyes and ears shut.

True story, game is outdated and the leader (JLH) is not willing to make the necessary changes to fix a lot of these problems.

2)its grindy

give monsters more exp cut back on the grind done.

Only so much exp can be given to monsters, otherwise lower classes just level insanely faster. You can level lock the areas, however mobs can't be that different from each other due to how the system is and then it essentially just becomes 1-30 essentially. On that note, the xp needed to level to 40 is ridiculous, however there's just no good way to change that, not only that, but we probably would have been better off staying at 30 or going to a maximum of 40. Then again, it is fairly easy to get bored with 1-30.

Classes are really not diverse but you could make them more interesting by giving cool weapons/items to certain classes to enhance their abilities

Classes aren't diverse enough, monsters aren't diverse enough, the system isn't diverse enough. Yes different classes can have different armor and weapons, but we already have that to a degree and people complain about it.

goes with the statement above make some cool items easy...

There's tons of items that were added in to let you customize your character when the Cobalt got nerfed... people complained. They still are. People want to be carbon copies of each other. But then they don't.... there's a decent amount of stuff that help in customization, however since a lot of top items are boss drops, it's pretty hard to make diversification a thing. If you're talking about class diversification well, there's stuff for that too, i.e. mages have an easy to get pair of dexterity boots and they have spells no other class gets, paladins have sword of light and 20 other mob multiplying weapons, druids attack in a fundamentally different way in areas other classes don't go. So on so forth.

should be redone give higher exp and remove item leveling restrictions.

People who train 5 hours a day can get a large amount of their leveling items, they just choose not to because they would rather power train on mobs that give more xp and then complain when they try to get all their leveling items in the last 5% of their level. I will state however, certain mobs are outside of the realm I would call fair/obtainable outside a group. Those specific items I wanted changed but it was a no go, as well, I also argued that it should be like the 31-35 system where the classes used the same items, that was also shot down. 

JLH very specifically states we can't just have an easy button to click though, so there's that.

need more interesting areas focused on new and casual players. stop making everything for teams you are lucky to have 5 people on the server at once. embrace people being able to solo things the whole group thing hasnt worked for 10 years maybe try something else or do you think magically we are going to gain a ton of people and its going to start working?

The problem with 'casual' stuff is that, lets use a boss drop for example, once it's gotten, that quick thrill is over. Elshira is extremely easy to kill for a lower level character (although even that could be a bit easier), but people complain it takes so long to get. It has a low drop rate and people complain... So you say up the drop rate... well then people can get in 1-2 trips... and then what? If everything was easy to get people will just get bored. This game just isn't very well developed to allow for 'casual' play. Quests were a small thing we tried to implement to try and help that, however it didn't work at all, so there's that... Outside of that all you have is click grinding. There's nothing Stig can do to help that much.

cant be changed but again items/weapons can give classes and races some good diversity

again very worthless system built for a game that has 1000s of players not 10s of players.

Having stuff be easy to get, would just kill the game faster. That being said however, there also isn't much diversity that can really be done either to remedy this problem. It does suck you might not be able to get everything, and it's probably a bit more extreme then it should be.

put the best leveling areas and gold areas where they are accessible to everyone with somewhat limited monsters people will start killing. give stronger weapons so its more of an offensive game rather than defensive...

There's no pvp because most character can kill the other player before they can react. It's a problem with how the game was built and stig can't change that. As well, the grind 35+ makes dying extremely annoying. 1-30 people use to die all the time and didn't care, now 31+ dying is too much of a hassle. pvp is extremely important to a game, however the way the game is currently built just doesn't properly support it.

promote some actual players to staff you know the ones who play the server and know the server???

There's tons of staff player interactions with the single staff member. Most games you never ever get this. This point is beyond ridiculous.

11)testing is limited. 

let players who play the server decide on these things instred of staff who dont and just think whatever they think is right.

This is a fairly common thing in other games as well, things get abused and eventually get fixed, almost always through a nerf. Testing is limited because, there's only 1 person to test... could he bring other people in the test, yes, that's what you guys are doing by playing with the items... crazy concept right?

Completely agree with the black text here... Stig doesn't and hasn't needed to do anything for the game over the last 5 years. Then you're going to reply and say nothing he did mattered at all and he should have left. And then I'll point out about how everyone complained about how staff never did anything for the game. Then you're just going to go some random rant about how you hate me. These conversations always go the same way.

Most of these things could be fixed by a half decent admin even with the "limited" powers he has. blah blah blah admin is not a fulltime job etc. Well then let the players help instead of having your head so far up your ass?

Staff members don't have enough powers to change the game enough to change the game in a significant way. Everyone can continue to pretend he does have that ability, but you're all just kidding yourselves and just running off the only staff member who has any ability to do anything whatsoever.

luckily for the real players of nightmist a new game is coming out that actually listens to the players and doesnt have Kim Jong Un as the admin. Hope you enjoy your online game where you are the only player Kim!

You mean the game you've been saying was coming out since 2008. Give me a break, you couldn't release something productive if your life depended on it, all you can do is talk crap about this game and the people who have ran it.

I read somewhere that ostrichs hide their heads under the sand because moles watch porn.

#27 ice_cold

ice_cold
  • Advisors
  • 1803 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 07:10 PM

Hey sounds like something piddy said. Lul?

Sounds like something I've been saying for 10+ years, however people like you ignore what people say and just bash :)

#28 ice_cold

ice_cold
  • Advisors
  • 1803 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 07:25 PM

its not that its impossible to amend a few changes to balance the game a lil bit.  I mean it isn't impossible for jlh to amend race stats, change codeline on racial abilities to be noticeable, add more races etc. he could also drop a codeline to half monster damage and double hp/mp gains or atleast add 100 hps/mana to level 1's starting hp formula.  but in the end its easier to make a whole new game lol. -JLH refuse to do this, staff have said this tons of times, we can't help it if you guys don't understand this.

as far as the items ingame they should be drawn over a larger level progression, most of the basic/staple lvl 30 items should be pushed toward lvl 36, but also need to shrink the bd/ac gap between the starting and endgame items. lvl 1 weapons shouldnt be 1 bd, more like 10.  basically low level equips need buffed so the game isn't chain death to mobs for your first 17 levels. also increases training speed and survivability of lowbies, while virtually keeping high levels exactly the same via damage/defense, the hp boost would do the rest. -JLH doesn't want training times reduced. There's a fine line to tread players again refuse to accept this even though it's been said numerous times.

in this scope the max armor of classes is mostly adequate on any class that achieves 110 ac.  sadly those under 110 ac get destroyed, which is ultimately the reason for halving the damage of monsters. But people want classes to be different. Those said classes, also have HUGE bonuses. Ranger can hypno and never get attacked; thieves can covert and almost never miss with assassinate, rarely coming out; berserkers have high armor and can click mobs/do ridiculous damage, however these are better in groups which you know, tailor to their weakness of no armor; druids can get high armor; mages can get high armor; clerics can get high armor; oddly enough, it seems the only classes that really lack good armor are paladins and fighters which really should be the classes with the most.

unavoidable monster attacks, classified as magic, make the game far too one sided. sure it makes a cleric or mage actually get hit, but classes like thief which do low damage overall or characters without healing or vamp are pretty much forced to avoid the monsters entirely. - different mobs for different classes? There's no reason for every mob to be the same, and there's more then enough monsters throughout the game that don't conform to this.

exp rate would have to be altered, bosses being 0-10 more pod than their crappy clickable minions is just crazy. bosses shouldn't see under 125 pod. 

and with that the 1a crate system requirements for items should be, atleast, halved if not quartered... in no way shape or form is it exciting to kill thousands of monsters you wish you didn't have to, to gather 100s of items to gain a level. it takes players that only play an hour to 90 minutes a day multiple months to farm a single crate, let alone the 4-5 they need, not to mention the gaps of whether the class they are playing can even kill said monsters at that given time, or without a cobalt, or even with that class period.  -those same people who only play 1 hour a day, will take months and months and months to level anyways, point is horrible.

lastly the stamina progression would need changed, sadly another code change. most classes should acquire a 6th stam before level 30, with the rewards of additional stamina fewer and further between. helps lowbies have more options. -No reason to talk about code changes

i believe with those changes the game would be finalized. and you can say what you like, but everything i just listed is 100% possible with jlh's cooperation ofc.

And the game has 0% of JLHs cooperation. The only person who was able to get him to do anything was ran off by Andy and his war on the server that killed the game. So hey, at least you still got Andy and Rodeo right?

#29 Terron

Terron
  • Members
  • 2121 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 08:25 PM

jlh's refusal has nothing to do with us or staff

overall training times are exactly the same, a boost to survivability and damage for lvls 1-27 is nullified by pushing the last +2 bd from weapons to lvl 36. as well as lowering the time to 6 stam and pushing 7/8 stam to higher levels as an incentive to actually train.  its basically the same 

theres no debating certain classes have an advantage, but the advantage is basically the inability to be attacked. hypno is op because the ranger isnt taking 7 attacks of 100 damage thrown at them every 10 seconds. covert does the same thing but only avoids sh!tty monsters cuz they don't click anything with great pod like lioness/great eagles vultures etc. paladins are lackluster because they heal for 65 and monsters hit them more than they can even heal. the rest cant vamp enough or have to invis after each round to enjoy the majority of the game.  its only wrong because its the majority. halving monster damage (and probably hps and gold)would offset most of the problems.

unavoidable attacks are problematic in that they make paladins aid ineffective as well as the vamp from most classes (going back to the cobalt vamp reduction) the cobalt reduction did alot more than just "give" us options it detracted options for every cobalt oriented class and took nothing from ranger/magic users. less problematic if the damage was 20-30 as opposed to 50-80s 3-5x every 10 seconds... i understand the concept of different classes being good at different monsters but when some classes can only play on 20% of the battlefield, why is it always the same 20% every class overkills.

the casual players have mostly stopped playing due to the time available to them being ineffectual.  so making them hit 50 pod opposed to 90 is a horrid point? um no.

code changes are required for growth of gaming its pointless to deny it.  if jlh is a no-go atleast make the game the funnest possible within the scope of your powers change the overwhelming amount of bs with leveling. if people can progress they will play.

andys war on the server lol im sad to say it but the game was already down from 45 daily players to 12 before he even started, sure there was a sparatic day with 25 but pking was already in a massive decline.  im afraid your hatred for andy has blinded you to the fact that andy, me and a select few others have farmed every key and led/clericed nearly every trip ran every clan in a 7 year period.  currently we have the same players that played withing the last 4 years and a few extras.  theres only 1 missing...thats you danny. 

"Wake Up!!" 

#30 Rodeo

Rodeo
  • Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 08:33 PM

Well you have been saying thing for 10 years? I have what been playing this game for 2 years? In that two years we have spoken ingame maybe a dozen times. You are mad for one reason alone and that's because almost a whole game ran you off. It's easy to see why...you have the worst attitude out of anyone in this game. You knock on Andy for keeping the community active in this game and yet what have you done what bosses have you lead? You have even have upset people to the point of putting your wife on a kos list. I am involved with the game randy is talking about and I really hope it becomes a good game. Nightmist has a good core but the creator doesn't want to do anything and stig isnt obligated to put anything ingame. SO I assume the best thing to do is let this game die silently. New player suggestions and suggestions in general get shutdown almost as soon as they get posted. I don't even see a point or half of the forums at all. But don't worry Danny you are still the worst player in nightmist so keep up the good work.

Edited by Rodeo, 07 May 2016 - 08:34 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 1-alt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users