Quest Items.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
54 replies to this topic

#1 Final Universe

Final Universe
  • Members
  • 549 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 02:00 AM

Im writing this to ask if anyone else has the same opinion as I. I am sorry if this post offends anyone as it is not intended to do so. Im willing to accept what ever response im given and would request staff memebers not to lock the post and others to post kindly. Please do not decide your answer based on my forum name and the grudge you have against it.

It is my honest belief that vauluable quest items should not be given out at random. Since the new staff have been appointed there have been new rare items appearing roughly every week. It is to my knowledge that these items are not admin approved and were design and ran in a small period of time and not announced a fair ammount of time before hand.

From what ive seen....
Ring of Eminence-Valued at 70mil+ was never announced on forums, ran one night by Stotic was over in a period of 3 or 4 hours maximum.
Turtle Shell Shield-Valued at 3.5mil was never announced on forums, ran over a period of 2 hours or less by Elf and maybe Crane.
Gold Bracelet- Valued at 5mil? Ran one day by Kalypso and maybe Stotic, never announced on forums took a maximum of 1 hour.
Naginata-Valed at 1mil Ran in a mosh by Elf. never announced on forums.

Along with this, unmentioned staff have been giving out a variety of smaller however valueable items such as potions, bombs, and scotch.

I believe that if a 1 of a kind quest item that might be worth an ammount of gold is being given out, there should atleast be some kind of mention on forums a few days in advice giving all players a fair chance of earning that item. The items I have posted are the ones I know about, im sure there are more that have been given out on times I cant play. Some quest have not been announced but were open for days such as the halloween quest. This would be a fair alternative.

If one staff member logs on every day at the same time and randomly gives out 1 of a kind items how is that fair for the player who cant play during those times normally? It seems to me if your going to give out this type of item there should be some kind of log or some kind of post pre-hand atleast 24 to 48 hours.

Does anyone feel the same way?

sorry for repetition and any spelling errors im not a lit major.

Edited by Final Universe, 21 July 2006 - 02:04 AM.

Brutus of Compton.
copywright ggthxbai co.

11-28-2005 00:31:20 Paralyze Pages You from (Hidden): young yosha in da makin

#2 combusta

combusta
  • Members
  • 1185 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 02:07 AM

it bothers me, but not if joe gets it cuz he's a pimp, ill get mad when tony wins one tho ask me then

and honestly, whichever moron pays 3.5m for a spiked shield is a dumbass

Edited by combusta, 21 July 2006 - 02:10 AM.

ah the intelligence of combusta, the envy of all nightmist players...

o shut up tony

#3 Spectra

Spectra
  • Members
  • 524 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 02:14 AM

i want naginata!!! ;)
"For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of light-for the fruit of light consists in all Goodness, Righteousness and Truth"

#4 Final Universe

Final Universe
  • Members
  • 549 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 02:30 AM

This has nothing to do with my personal desires for these items. My reasons are as posted. It shouldnt matter who recieved the item. The game staff should provide a even playing field for all players of the game.
Brutus of Compton.
copywright ggthxbai co.

11-28-2005 00:31:20 Paralyze Pages You from (Hidden): young yosha in da makin

#5 Arsenal

Arsenal
  • Members
  • 577 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 03:33 AM

This has nothing to do with my personal desires for these items. My reasons are as posted. It shouldnt matter who recieved the item. The game staff should provide a even playing field for all players of the game.

*Agreed*
-

#6 Redheart

Redheart
  • Members
  • 653 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 04:13 AM

I tend to agree ;)

" The game staff should provide a even playing field for all players of the game."

However, since when was Nightmist fair?
" For lunch we can have cupcakes until our little fairy tummies are content. We can all stay up to watch the sunset, then go to sleep in our little fairy beds.”

#7 Josh00089

Josh00089
  • Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 05:48 AM

I juss consider you people sad who honostly care about an item over a text based game.. lol

#8 Perfection

Perfection
  • Members
  • 917 posts

I was walking down the street and found $60, should that have been announced in the local news paper so its fair game for everyone? ;)

Any such quests are random, and at random times, you would not complain if you had have been online at the time, I see no problem here.
Pulsar, Gremlin or Old_Dog in game. (multi alt only)

#9 Da_J_Mooney

Da_J_Mooney
  • Members
  • 510 posts

I agree, but I don't see anything going to be done to fix it ;)
Aequitas In-Game

#10 Spectra

Spectra
  • Members
  • 524 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 05:57 AM

I was walking down the street and found $60, should that have been announced in the local news paper so its fair game for everyone? ;)

Any such quests are random, and at random times, you would not complain if you had have been online at the time, I see no problem here.

i agree with joe tbh
"For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of light-for the fruit of light consists in all Goodness, Righteousness and Truth"

#11 Lappa

Lappa
  • Members
  • 598 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 08:53 AM

as do i. i've been on for some of those and yet you didnt get them. just because you didnt get it doesnt mean you had much of a chance. even those that did have a chance, it was still hard. for example, the ring of eminence quest took a party of about 40 characters, most of us on 2 or 3. it was me, jen, paul/joanna, like 6 or 7 noobs that jen kept calling cute, and a few others in a party. the riddles were kinda hard, and took all of us working together to get through it fast. then in the end we were all out of mana and got a lucky kill after using fairy dust to restore tiny bits of mana to heal. that was well earned and i think deserved by who had it.
-Lappa or Woodstock-

Property of Jessica

#12 joanna

joanna
  • Members
  • 764 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 11:56 AM

http://www.nightmist...showtopic=16194

The Ring of Eminence quest was indeed announced on the forums and the npc was wandering around several hours before the final boss was attacked

#13 Prophet

Prophet
  • Members
  • 1772 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 12:25 PM

The only thing I object to are the quests that only last 3-4 hours, because a majority if not all are run simply for the american players due to the times.

Then again its probably my fault for not playing a text based game into the early hours ;)
Si Senior!

#14 alone

alone
  • Members
  • 2261 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 01:06 PM

As much as I agree with you, I'd rather see players working for something, than what Pandilex used to do; Drop something.

The Ring of Eminence quest was a hard one from what I heard. I missed it, but I'd made the suggestion for the quest to Stotic as something any player could take part in (rather than the usual high lvl characters only), was there much fighting involved?
"Entertain yourself with my nightmares."
- AfterAll

Bunny!

#15 EzPk

EzPk
  • Members
  • 297 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 05:44 PM

Why can't we have quests that everyone that tries hard enough can get a drop.. whereas just being lazy and giving out 1 item is annoying.. ;)

#16 alone

alone
  • Members
  • 2261 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 06:19 PM

Why can't we have quests that everyone that tries hard enough can get a drop.. whereas just being lazy and giving out 1 item is annoying.. ;)

So, a new area then... hehe, I'm so funny.

You mean like an area that's open for a short period. That'd be cool.
"Entertain yourself with my nightmares."
- AfterAll

Bunny!

#17 Carbon

Carbon
  • Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 09:42 PM

Somethin similar to xmas quest would be nice, would give other plays a chance to own somethin nice and not just 1 person.

#18 Josh00089

Josh00089
  • Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 10:23 PM

Somethin similar to xmas quest would be nice, would give other plays a chance to own somethin nice and not just 1 person.

actually only the people who play nm around the clock get good items ever. lol

#19 Carbon

Carbon
  • Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 12:05 AM

Not true, Joanna dosen't play too often from what i see and he has Ring of Eminence...

#20 Thunderja

Thunderja

Desperate Housewives #1

• Members
  • 1782 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 06:59 AM

<3 Randomness
I wouldn't mind stabbing you in the face, if that's cool with you?

#21 Snoopy

Snoopy

Teh Housewifes

• Members
  • 1318 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 09:21 AM

The only thing I object to are the quests that only last 3-4 hours, because a majority if not all are run simply for the american players due to the times.

Then again its probably my fault for not playing a text based game into the early hours ;)

there was allot of puzzles to solve but in the end the last boss was solid took ages to kill and it was always gona go to some one with the arches to kill it
If smoking 1 cig takes 30 seconds from my life, but laughing adds 5 minutes, if I get stoned every night do I live forever?

#22 Prophet

Prophet
  • Members
  • 1772 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 09:45 AM

I was refering to the Ring of Eminence, which was in the swamps...

Anyway my point is, I have no problem with quests if they atleast give a chance to everyone, what chance do I stand when all of those types of quests are held when I'm sleeping. How can it go to the best player as well if half the playerbase is asleep and the quest is over before the "best" player even wakes up.
Si Senior!

#23 Lappa

Lappa
  • Members
  • 598 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 11:44 AM

ring of eminence wasnt in the swamps....

it was back in its own trivia area hidden south of bt by the creeks and stuff.

and the remaining party was: 11-12-2005 03:35:54, Barnaby: Thank you to the party of Hate, Aces, Tranquillity, Meew, Mistry, Paces, Its_Giro_Day, Psyche, Alchemy, Kalypso, Harmison, Keane, Erased, Rachaelsbane, Lappa, Leally, Joanna, Madrigal, Rowena, Caramello, Vixen, Desirae, Jenevive, Starr, Lily, Destiny
(Its_Giro_Day got kill)

Edited by Lappa, 22 July 2006 - 11:56 AM.

-Lappa or Woodstock-

Property of Jessica

#24 Prophet

Prophet
  • Members
  • 1772 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 12:55 PM

Nevermind I got told it was in swamps ;) but point is it was run at 2am in morning... and finished well before I woke up.
Si Senior!

#25 Gnarkill

Gnarkill

Antisocial

• Members
  • 1834 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 06:34 PM

Sadly for the first time ever I agree with the original poster ;) as many of you know I really could care less about gettin the drop but I would like to be able to attempt these quests/mini areas that we dont hear about, make it a lil more known,put it on forums ...then the fun pk battles happen in the quest areas :wub:

Gnarkill- Multi and 1a

#26 EzPk

EzPk
  • Members
  • 297 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 07:05 PM

For the Ring of Eminence, An Eastern key was gotten from a monster north of harabec and the eastern key was used east of forest highway, a series of riddles were to be answered which lead to the bossy who dropped the ring.. quite an easy quest for such a powerful ring ;)

#27 Hansol

Hansol
  • Members
  • 1039 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 09:57 PM

To get everyone to log on at the same time... You should all get a passport and move to england ;)

To me this sounds like you're just jealous... because you had no chance of getting such items... and so you complain and use everyone to back your motives in which you complain.

Love Cal

#28 Prophet

Prophet
  • Members
  • 1772 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 10:19 PM

To get everyone to log on at the same time... You should all get a passport and move to england ;)

To me this sounds like you're just jealous... because you had no chance of getting such items... and so you complain and use everyone to back your motives in which you complain.

Love Cal

That is exactly why were complaining, because we don't want to move to america just to be online for quests lol.
Si Senior!

#29 combusta

combusta
  • Members
  • 1185 posts

Posted 23 July 2006 - 08:04 AM

For the Ring of Eminence, An Eastern key was gotten from a monster north of harabec and the eastern key was used east of forest highway, a series of riddles were to be answered which lead to the bossy who dropped the ring.. quite an easy quest for such a powerful ring ;)

<3 me and Ste worked together on that one lol, were 2 squares away when the damn thing died

ah the intelligence of combusta, the envy of all nightmist players...

o shut up tony

#30 joanna

joanna
  • Members
  • 764 posts

Posted 23 July 2006 - 11:42 AM

To get everyone to log on at the same time... You should all get a passport and move to england :wub:

Love Cal

That is exactly why were complaining, because we don't want to move to america just to be online for quests lol.

UK here ;)

combusta/ste, you would have got there before us if you had gone in search of area earlier instead of ho-ing eastern keys (and hence leading my camoed tracking druid to that monster we just could not find.....)

How many did you end up with, in the end?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users