I Want My Friend To Be A Staff Member.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
32 replies to this topic

#1 Eamon

Eamon
  • Members
  • 842 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 01:41 PM

As of recently, the staff team has been in a state of unrest, with Omega stepping down, Azure commited to educational studies and the constant inactivty periods of Stotic, Scripto and Amy.

Yes you may think "And so what?" but heres a run down of the rest of the team:
~ JLH - Busy with stuff and Nightmist 2
~ Pandilex - Busy with work in Japana and Nightmist 2
~ Oracle - Busy with educational studies and also with life commitments
~ Stotic - Inactive
~ Amy - Inactive, busy with life
~ Arbitrary - Active and trying to help the game
~ Azure - Active as it is now, but studies call
~ Elf - Very useful for the graphic part of the game, and does random run events
~ Scripto - Inactive
~ Stadius - Although his game time is low, he apparently does alot of behind the scene work
~ Trevayne - Good at sorting things out, but heard rumours of him being fed up

So a simple run down of the staff team, as you may of noticed the ones who are actually active live in America, so staff coverage of the game is limited.

The consquences!

Now the consquences of this is that JLH and Pandilex will be called into the game more often to sort out petty problems thus hindering their time for real life efforts and concentration on Nightmist 2.
This has the effect of when no staffers are online, the game is ruled by players and often the case new players are put off.

The solution!

Now the part where it sounds cheesy but is really a good solution.
We need to re-shuffle the staff team, get out the inactive ones who do pretty much nothing and get someone/some people into the team to get the game interesting again.
Now I put this forward to you, the Nightmist realm.

Lets make Piggy staff, why you ask? Well heres a run down:

1) He lives in England so the coverage of staffing team is more wider
2) Hes very creative and imaginative
3) Hes very responsible; I've seen countless of times people trusting him with stuff
4) Hes ambitious; I've chatted with him and he wants to try and get the game to a good order of people working together ON LOWER ALTS and try and get lower lvls more involved with the game
5) Not influencial; I know him and if he is staff, his friends won't reflect his choices for punishments and so on

Now I know its final choice of JLH, but I can't see no bad reason why this won't work, so please support this and get the game back into a good state!

#2 Hydrous

Hydrous
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 01:44 PM

Supported! Piggy for staff!!

Edited by Hydrous, 17 February 2007 - 01:45 PM.

#3 DefectiveBomb

DefectiveBomb
  • Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 01:46 PM

Supported but just if JLH actually wants to try it because weve had stuff done like this befor and it didnt work out
~Metallica~
METALLICA

#4 Dealer_Of_Decay

Dealer_Of_Decay
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 01:48 PM

Supported 150%, Gaz is a great guy, sensable, and as was said, what an imagination. GAZ FOR PREZ lol. This is a great idea.

#5 Hawk_Trinsic

Hawk_Trinsic
  • Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 01:54 PM

100% Supported.
IGN:Determination

#6 Horny

Horny
  • Members
  • 442 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 01:55 PM

about the trusting part.. so-and-so but thats my personal thing, gaz is a good guy, would make an awesome staff but he's been obsessed with it since the JLH picked up "the new staffers".

He's on most of the times, good I guess, but lets think about how it would affect his life? Do you really want to get him more hooked up on nm? Thats how much u care about him? It a good thing for NIGHTMIST, but what about gaz and his irl? I really don't know how to go on this, its what gaz wants yes.. but does he truly know what he's getting himself into? He would make an amazing staffer altough my differences in the past with him tought me to be more careful, I still think gaz would be great for staff.

Gaz is also somewhat young, not that would affect him or nightmist in any way, but that kind of makes him more voulnerable to the nightmist addiction... so in conclusion... I will just say.. vote gaz for staff if you want him to not have anything to do with the real life....

My two cents,
di
Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens, bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens

#7 shomer

shomer
  • Members
  • 1104 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 01:58 PM

well haven't known you long enough to make accurate judgement, but don't see any reason why not as of yet :)
Page me on Heritage

#8 Piggy

Piggy
  • Game Staff
  • 841 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 02:00 PM

about the trusting part.. so-and-so but thats my personal thing, gaz is a good guy, would make an awesome staff but he's been obsessed with it since the JLH picked up "the new staffers".

He's on most of the times, good I guess, but lets think about how it would affect his life? Do you really want to get him more hooked up on nm? Thats how much u care about him? It a good thing for NIGHTMIST, but what about gaz and his irl? I really don't know how to go on this, its what gaz wants yes.. but does he truly know what he's getting himself into? He would make an amazing staffer altough my differences in the past with him tought me to be more careful, I still think gaz would be great for staff.

Gaz is also somewhat young, not that would affect him or nightmist in any way, but that kind of makes him more voulnerable to the nightmist addiction... so in conclusion... I will just say.. vote gaz for staff if you want him to not have anything to do with the real life....

My two cents,
di

The reason I'm so "obsessed" as you put it, is because I feel I can make Nightmist a better game. Also the reason I like this game is that the owner does actually put time in it and isn't full interested into making it a business (Although I'm sure that won't be bad)

As for my "real life" stuff, I dont like going out, my area where I live is very dangerous, a few weeks ago someone got stabbed on my road just for their mobile phone, which has just totally discouraged me.

And yeah I'm young, dosn't mean anything, I've been told many times that I act way to old for my age, its just how I've been brought up, hell even my dad gets more moody than me....

Piggy Or Derlok ingame

#9 DeviLishSouL

DeviLishSouL
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 02:03 PM

i kinda agree with what Horny said but other than those caring feelings i support Gaz all the way

#10 Horny

Horny
  • Members
  • 442 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 02:04 PM

My two cents,
di

The reason I'm so "obsessed" as you put it, is because I feel I can make Nightmist a better game. Also the reason I like this game is that the owner does actually put time in it and isn't full interested into making it a business (Although I'm sure that won't be bad)

As for my "real life" stuff, I dont like going out, my area where I live is very dangerous, a few weeks ago someone got stabbed on my road just for their mobile phone, which has just totally discouraged me.

And yeah I'm young, dosn't mean anything, I've been told many times that I act way to old for my age, its just how I've been brought up, hell even my dad gets more moody than me....

Im only trying to look out for you, after all nightmist is just a game but you take it more serious then that, but hell we all do. I said you would make an excellent staffer, but what more can be done to the game really? Well, I know.. ALOT.. more items area.. make it bigger.. bring more players.. nightmist is now a comunity where everyone knows everyone, kind of like it that way... would mind if more people came though *MORE DRAMA YAY! :)* anyway, this is totally up to JLH and Pandilex, I dont think our decisions would influence them really, but I wish you the best of luck and I hope you find what you're seeking for.

Di

Edited by Horny, 17 February 2007 - 02:06 PM.

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens, bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens

#11 Dark

Dark

Cronus ingame

• Members
  • 696 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 02:38 PM

Game has potential to stay alive, without staff it wont, so im in favour of this idea,

Gaz ftw!

PS: for the record marks trying to get internet so wont be long before hes active again :)

Edited by Dark, 17 February 2007 - 02:42 PM.

#12 Evolved

Evolved
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 02:40 PM

GAZ FOR STAFF! in very much support of this claim, however i believe it's CHAD FOR PRESIDENT! so... we all have our area's of expertise lolol

#13 shomer

shomer
  • Members
  • 1104 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 03:43 PM

i say chad is staff so he can perm-ban all those roar noobs that migrated to tc...
Page me on Heritage

#14 Tyler

Tyler
  • Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 04:40 PM

Supported. Gaz for Staff! :)

CEO & Founder of Twisted Tactics.

In-game

Multi: Veles or Elixir

1-alt: Liability

#15 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5234 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 06:02 PM

So a simple run down of the staff team, as you may of noticed the ones who are actually active live in America, so staff coverage of the game is limited.

The solution!
Now the part where it sounds cheesy but is really a good solution.
We need to re-shuffle the staff team, get out the inactive ones who do pretty much nothing and get someone/some people into the team to get the game interesting again.
Now I put this forward to you, the Nightmist realm.

Lets make Piggy staff, why you ask? Well heres a run down:
1) He lives in England so the coverage of staffing team is more wider
2) Hes very creative and imaginative
3) Hes very responsible; I've seen countless of times people trusting him with stuff
4) Hes ambitious; I've chatted with him and he wants to try and get the game to a good order of people working together ON LOWER ALTS and try and get lower lvls more involved with the game
5) Not influencial; I know him and if he is staff, his friends won't reflect his choices for punishments and so on

Emma is still quite active, and her schooling has been demanding a lot for quite a while...that's nothing new.
The same goes for me, and as far as behind the scenes, not so much. I just try to help with balancing and what seems fair/unfair.

I personally think new staff wouldn't be terrible, but I disagree with pretty much anyone around right now being staff.
People who sit at the gatehouse---I don't think any of them should be staff. If you don't bother to play Nightmist, how can we count on you to improve it?

And most of the active players who are not staff, do not belong on the staff team.

I've seen a few times where people said Piggy should be staff, but I haven't seen his suggestions for Nightmist. I haven't seen him post any suggestions for improvements or ideas.
No large areas are being created because of the lack of activity, though some old ones might open. So developers are not highly needed unless they intend to work on crafting aspects or getting people to be more active.

It's too hard to deal with trying to get people active now anyway. We have to make a semi-overpowered weapon to get half of NM to leave a gatehouse. I can't even get people to go on trips with me anymore...
Not to say it's a lost cause, but I don't see any reason to add a new staffer who hasn't made suggestions for how to develope the game in the ways the game actually needs.

Please post links to his contributions.
-Gaddy
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#16 Piggy

Piggy
  • Game Staff
  • 841 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 06:09 PM

As of late I have been quite active in training, the game somewhat has interested me again.

As for me not suggesting ideas, I have alot of ideas for events, areas and such but there is no staffers for me to run the ideas off, I tried to contact Trevayne but he just told me to go elsewhere in a way suggested that he is fed up.

Also with my ideas are simple, but effective, and I hope will get some "gatesitters" to actually engage the game.

http://www.nightmist...showtopic=22578
http://www.nightmist...showtopic=21084

2 suggestions I found (Not wanting to go through ALL the forum), also put forward many emotes to make the game more enjoyable.

Also I help people, I've helped people on the "help forum" and do help people ingame

Edited by Piggy, 17 February 2007 - 06:25 PM.

Piggy Or Derlok ingame

#17 katja

katja
  • Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 06:38 PM

i know my opinion doesn't count for much because i'm still a low level player and all i seem to do is sit at the gatehouse anymore.. but as someone who knows pretty much nothing about the behind the scene work.... it seems like some of the staff do nothing. Gaz is on a lot, he has helped me many times when i've had stupid noob questions and staff weren't visible.

i think people forget about alts in this game. they see Gaz sitting when he's on Piggy a lot, but they don't notice him training on alts because they don't know it's him that's just ran by.

i support Gaz for staff, at the very least he is extremely level headed and fair. he would not abuse the position.
i am Kelsta (Katja in game)!

#18 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 06:46 PM

My experience with Gaz shows that he is fair, polite, friendly, active and honourable. I have not seen much in terms of staff experience, but then again most people do not experience any until they actually become staff, so it is a bit of a trial by fire - I'll air my support for him if he is nominated and JLH wants a reference.
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#19 Scripto

Scripto

~teh Scripto

• Game Staff
  • 1628 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 10:24 PM

~ Scripto - Inactive

I talked to JLH about that. And I am very sorry about not being on that much... but that should change very soon... so soon.. that I have been on like all day! Being as I have net back in my crib starting today! Yay!
For every minute you remain angry, you give up sixty seconds of peace of mind.

Ingame:
Scripto (Staff)
Kannabis (Mortal)

#20 «™®?¨CHaÏNY¨?™»

«™®?¨CHaÏNY¨?™»
  • Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 10:30 PM

Since when do ideas contrabutions to a game mean a person will make a good staff member. The most lacking thing in the game is public "policing", problem solving and general assistance for new players. Sittting at NGH is the perfect way to do this. NM has plenty people that can contribute ideas on items and areas etc but not enough that will run events, help new players and clean up the potty mouth ego's at NGH.
If Gaz wants to do it then let him. Can't be any worse than what goes on now.

Edited by «™®?¨CHaÏNY¨?™», 17 February 2007 - 10:31 PM.

Why is it you can sue a cigarette company for cancer, McDonalds for getting fat, but you cant sue Smirnoff for all the ugly people youve slept with?!

#21 MÚÐVÃ¥ÑË

MÚÐVÃ¥ÑË
  • Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 12:51 AM

I dont think player's should vote for staff i think staff should watch player's and pick who they think is best!
So sorry im not voting...
Mudvayne

#22 Throwback

Throwback
  • Members
  • 1248 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 01:25 AM

i am against making new items just to make people leave ngh, fact is that the ppl that go get these items never spend much time at ngh anyways. As for how to make players more active, u cant make someone want to do something, but removing the food/drink below it sounds like a good idea to start out. Make em move to refresh dont make it easy for them. Next bring back war posting. Let ppl talk smack, get ppl worked up, let them get angry so that they decide to train/pk because some "noob" talked smack to em and they want to build up/own em. Noone has any incentive to go out anymore because noone can piss em off. You say one bad word and someone complains ur day is over, or worse u get banned for ur name and have to pay 35k to get a name change because a certain staff member doesnt like it ./wink elf. Simply by making someelse staff wont entirely change/help the game(no offense to Gaz, a good friend), but another staff member for ppl to complain too isnt needed. Don't you guys ever think of back in the day, Epic/Authority talking smack to Dev, the real TR just being 1337 and everyone hating them for it. NM was so active then that one couldnt go anywhere w/o getting pkd. My proposal, if you want NM to recover from this time of inactivity laziness, loosen the reins and let someone get pk'd or humiliated to make em want revenge, not protect them with the rules that dont get evenly enforced anyways.

Vegas 1a....formerly known as Memphis
¨¨*(^.^)·:*¨¨

#23 Pandilex

Pandilex

Administrator

• Admin
  • 568 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 02:22 AM

lol gg
If you build it, they will come.

#24 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5234 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 05:07 AM

Also with my ideas are simple, but effective, and I hope will get some "gatesitters" to actually engage the game.

http://www.nightmist...showtopic=22578
http://www.nightmist...showtopic=21084

2 suggestions I found (Not wanting to go through ALL the forum), also put forward many emotes to make the game more enjoyable.

Also I help people, I've helped people on the "help forum" and do help people ingame

Sorry, but those ideas are hardly of any consequence. They don't suggest anything that you'd do as a staff member.
I'm sorry, I've never had any bad experience dealing with you, and everyone says you are a great guy.
That doesn't mean anything for a staff position though.

I don't know why it's come up that peoples' favorite player should be a member of the staff team.
Imagination, etc, is very useful, but I asked for it to be explained what things you've suggested to improve the game that might actually help get people playing.

Sorry, but I hardly think we need a new member of staff simply because he's a nice and fair guy.
Every member of staff gets complete nuts from the players all the time, and we're expected to constantly produce new things---which can't really be done at the moment anyway.

We have a majorly inactive playerbase. I'd like you to explain how you'd improve that at all.
Really the only thing people could be used for is chat moderation and helping to run events...and that's mainly if Emma wanted.

I'm not saying Gaz isn't an extremely nice, fairly trustable, and creative guy with some time on his hands.
I am however questioning how that will improve Nightmist at the current time. I'd prefer an answer from Gaz, and if it needs to be private as simple suggestions, that's fine.

Also----it's not as if I decide or have some major sway on if new staff members are made. It's just that I'd like it to be a bit more justified than being the most popular or most skilled players this time if they're added.
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#25 Throwback

Throwback
  • Members
  • 1248 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 07:32 AM

/t gaddy i forgot to say that i wanted to go boss killing with you. im always on so page me

Vegas 1a....formerly known as Memphis
¨¨*(^.^)·:*¨¨

#26 «™®?¨CHaÏNY¨?™»

«™®?¨CHaÏNY¨?™»
  • Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 12:15 PM

/t Gaddy Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't that how you were chosen? :)
Why is it you can sue a cigarette company for cancer, McDonalds for getting fat, but you cant sue Smirnoff for all the ugly people youve slept with?!

#27 Piggy

Piggy
  • Game Staff
  • 841 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 12:31 PM

/t Gaddy Check inbox on forum messages

**Just like to point out its been exactly a year since JLH announced new staffers**

Piggy Or Derlok ingame

#28 Foxie

Foxie

525,600 minutes - how do you measure a year?

• Members
  • 791 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 02:45 PM

I might have more of a work load this year, but as it turns out after the january staff logs, I'm still about more than most and almost as much as I was, I still have time for the events, especially between me and Oracle. I support what gaddy is saying here, especially having been an active staff member for the last year i'm much more aware of the state of the game from a different perspective. Fair enough some of the staff team have stepped down or dont have the time they used to.

At this time in the game there are still staff active, when jlh hired me and other new staff a year ago, there was one active staff member (Crane). At this point hiring a whole new staff team is unnecessairy. Therefore any hiring has been agreed by jlh, will be done through the current staff team and NOT nomination posts like this.
On main Azure/Foxie in game.
On 1a Azure, Melody, Faith, Solstice, Wylow, Hope in game.

#29 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 07:40 PM

Should this happen, it sets a dangerous precedent.

Soon, we'll have to make a new forum subsection for staff nominations.
Posted Image

#30 Tyler

Tyler
  • Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 10:36 PM

I'm not here to argue about the Staff being inactive or not. I like most of the current staff team and have a majority of them on my friend list.

It's good to see some of the Staff Team being on most of the day now, and Mark is back!

I would support the decision of Gaz for staff, and I do as stated above, but I will agree with the other posts. A decision like this will have to be decided by Staff and I'm guessing on JLH's judgement.

Gaz has been one to help me with whatever is needed. He's helped me with clan struggles, character training, etc. He's always been humorous and fun to talk with.

Whatever the decision is, make it a good one! I just want to be able to keep playing NightMist and eventually play NightMist 2. Staff on both games, or whatever is going on there, hopefully help out as much as the current staff does with me. Nice to see friendly members, too!

CEO & Founder of Twisted Tactics.

In-game

Multi: Veles or Elixir

1-alt: Liability

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users