How Did You Join Nm...

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#1 Psyche

Psyche
  • Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 28 September 2005 - 11:49 PM

Mmkay.... In my case, I learnt this whole concept of Role-Playing in some other site, got addicted to it, and was actually looking for Role-Play forums when I spotted NM and downloaded it.

... As for the reason why I chose this particular game, I liked the name and the front page XD
.... Searching for an Altruist, because I never thought humanity capable of it.

#2 Vodka

Vodka
  • Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 29 September 2005 - 12:16 AM

I and several others were messing around on Paltalk when someone had mentioned this game called Nightmist. The person gave us the link in the chatroom.. so we decided to click the link and download it to see what it was like.

That was 3 years ago... I've been stuck here ever since.
When you do something right nobody remembers, but when you do something wrong nobody forgets.

Hump in game.

#3 Blink

Blink
  • Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 29 September 2005 - 12:41 AM

Yeh I used to go on paltalk, actually i still do, but yeh I met some people on paltalk who played nightmist then I just started playing, yeh that was about 3-4 years ago though..

#4 Bubba

Bubba
  • Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 29 September 2005 - 01:47 AM

I got dragged into this time wasting vortex by my homie Justin.

Then me and him created SamuelxZeck and Jango and yadda yadda but he played before i did. AND I STILL COULDNT GET THOSE CRITS BACK!.

*shakes his fist at JLH*
Yeah Thats Right... Im Bubba... The Drunk Redneck... The Man You Meet In Prison... The Pimp On The Streets Of L.A.

#5 Sneaky

Sneaky
  • Members
  • 2372 posts

Posted 29 September 2005 - 02:25 AM

My friend called me on the phone when she was bored and told me to start playing.

First crit I rolled (I was on the phone with her when i did it):

Midnightman's stats are:
Race/Class: Male Elf Journeyman Druid. Str: 17, Int: 13, Dex: 11, Con: 10, Wis: 12, Chr: 21, Lev: 12, Exp: 354,711, HP: 84, MP: 100, Stm: 2.
Spells: Heal, Camouflage, Nourish, Stormwrath.
This druid has not selected a morph.
This character has been a level 12 Druid, with 84 HP, and 100 MP.

Pretty good friend, eh?
Chuck Norris wears Jack Bauer pajamas.

deimos the noob said no

#6 DragonHeart

DragonHeart

SnowMan1986

• Members
  • 739 posts

Posted 29 September 2005 - 02:43 AM

was on another game,blades of virtue,friend of mine on there got me playin this,first crit ever was a human fighter,18 xx 17 17 17 xx,trained it to 26 in arilin arena before the xp was halved,been here for almost 5 years now :(
Crusader/Raistlin/Spyhunter ingame

#7 Thunderja

Thunderja

Desperate Housewives #1

• Members
  • 1782 posts

Posted 29 September 2005 - 02:49 AM

I was sick of C.S on a 56k, I went to some RP game site and found this was text based, and thought ping wont matter. In a couple of days joined t.a, the rest is history.
I wouldn't mind stabbing you in the face, if that's cool with you?

#8 Sarven

Sarven
  • Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 29 September 2005 - 03:09 AM

Close to like 4 years ago... I think Realms of Kaos went down for like a week so I just moved on and found a new game which was this one. Just kept playing on and off.
Ride Into The Shadows

#9 Horny

Horny
  • Members
  • 442 posts

Posted 29 September 2005 - 07:38 AM

my brother found nm on download.com i think.. and i watched him play.. and i liked it... and when i started playing i already knew the basics *didnt know i had to roll for better stats tho) and... i knew angelus from my bro
Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens, bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens

#10 Khemere

Khemere
  • Members
  • 256 posts

Posted 29 September 2005 - 08:00 AM

Same as Sarven

#11 Momba

Momba
  • Members
  • 670 posts

Posted 29 September 2005 - 08:02 AM

My brother in law Chris introduced my wife to the game. I sat over her shoulder a few times and thought, "Man that is some stupid chit." I had never played any types of games on the net other then those offered on Pogo and ofcourse my first love poker.

One day I was bored and started asking questions. The saying, "No question is a dumb question" is wrong. Because almost 4 years later I still can't leave.
My inner child is a mean little f*ucker

#12 Wolfgang

Wolfgang
  • Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 29 September 2005 - 08:45 AM

Ian (Kharybdis) made me play.

Eh. 3-4 years ago. At least.

What the what?

#13 Nocturnal

Nocturnal
  • Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 29 September 2005 - 11:11 AM

A bunch of hooligans held me at Gunpoint and told me to play this game or else they'd shoot me, Little did I know I'd become addicted to the game always wanting more...more.... meh.

Nah, Bunch of friends said try the game.
Daffy

#14 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 29 September 2005 - 12:47 PM

Lol :ph34r:

My little brother Jimmy downloaded the game while i was up at uni, i spent 2 weeks ridiculing him for playing it, and the rest is history. PS. Jimmy says hi :(
+1 post count ggpwnedkthxbai

it's plausible that the SOB hasn't spawned

¯¨:·»Gently spamming the forum since 2003«·:¨¯

#15 Shaginator

Shaginator

Criff

• Members
  • 1668 posts

Posted 29 September 2005 - 02:53 PM

Well I was bored one day when I got a new comp and decided to try and find a game to play like an older one I was addicted to, it was called darkness falls. Was text based like this but had a few graphics for items and such. Well I just did some searching around and found nm, and when I read the description it sounded alot like the game that I played previously. Been playing on and off for 3 years since them. Was ingame about 3 days and got invite into tA. Ahhhh....the good ole nm days.
Overthrow/Redemption - 1a

Existance - Main

#16 Äññöÿäñcë

Äññöÿäñcë
  • Members
  • 2132 posts

Posted 29 September 2005 - 03:24 PM

My best friend at school lived next door to Rich.. one day we went to go get Rich too burn his Diablo CD and he was playing this game 'Nightmist'.. Thought i'd have a look at it - didn't know I could get SO addicted *Rolls eyes*

That was about 4 years ago..
Disaster ingame.

#17 Prophet

Prophet
  • Members
  • 1772 posts

Posted 29 September 2005 - 04:04 PM

My best friend at school lived next door to Rich.. one day we went to go get Rich too burn his Diablo CD and he was playing this game 'Nightmist'.. Thought i'd have a look at it - didn't know I could get SO addicted *Rolls eyes*

That was about 4 years ago..

Which Rich?

Also started playing nearly 5 years ago, when it got released by John in our School Comp Room.
Si Senior!

#18 Silver_Dragoness

Silver_Dragoness
  • Members
  • 227 posts

Posted 29 September 2005 - 04:17 PM

my ex got me started on the here... that was 3 years ago....

"suddenly i heard a tapping, as of someone gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door"

Naamah - Main

Tyrelline - 1A

#19 Äññöÿäñcë

Äññöÿäñcë
  • Members
  • 2132 posts

Posted 29 September 2005 - 04:32 PM

Rich as in Richard Gibbs.. Don't know if you know him - JLH sure should :( He caused quite a bit of hassle before.. Was perm banned.
Disaster ingame.

#20 Prophet

Prophet
  • Members
  • 1772 posts

Posted 29 September 2005 - 04:47 PM

Your freind is the most annoying person on this planet.
Si Senior!

#21 Äññöÿäñcë

Äññöÿäñcë
  • Members
  • 2132 posts

Posted 29 September 2005 - 04:54 PM

Your freind is the most annoying person on this planet.

What.. rich ? He wasn't my friend - he lived next door to my friend :(
Disaster ingame.

#22 Nocturnal

Nocturnal
  • Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 29 September 2005 - 05:00 PM

Friend of a friend's next door neighbour's friend friend?
Daffy

#23 joanna

joanna
  • Members
  • 764 posts

Posted 29 September 2005 - 05:14 PM

Was in some uni modules with Pandi

He posted a link to nm as his forum signature on the uni forums

I... um... accidently clicked on it

#24 Dark

Dark

Cronus ingame

• Members
  • 696 posts

Posted 29 September 2005 - 06:27 PM

friend was talking bout it n i like trying new games

#25 Perfection

Perfection
  • Members
  • 917 posts

Posted 29 September 2005 - 08:04 PM

in search for an online mutli player game i come across nightmist, downloaded it and messed around a little bit but couldn't work to much out, next day i log back on to find a nice chap went by the name of Sir_Drake sitting on the same square i loaded onto, he was kind enough to show me a few things and i began to like the game he then dragged me to the orc caves where i trained a fighter a zerker and a pally to lvl 25... ahhh the memorys :( lol
Pulsar, Gremlin or Old_Dog in game. (multi alt only)

#26 Malavon

Malavon
  • Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 29 September 2005 - 08:58 PM

My bro (Sepherus) found it about 4 years ago (not sure of exact date, was a long time before the reset though) and gave the link to me and some friends - Necrinomicon, purple_smoke and some other people I can't actually remember. I stopped playing a few years ago though, I just read the forums when I'm really bored.

#27 Stotic

Stotic
  • Members
  • 530 posts

Posted 29 September 2005 - 09:34 PM

google, I have no wonder story
We'll douse ourselves in gasoline and hang our bodies from the lampposts.

#28 alone

alone
  • Members
  • 2261 posts

Posted 29 September 2005 - 10:37 PM

Some crappy Online RPG site, real cheap piece of crap looking. First saw it before reset, but decided it looked too poor to play.. Came back to that same cheap site couple months later, and tried it out. Stayed for too long. Helped create a clan called Demon Soul, later became part of Draco Honoris. Been trying to hang around in the backgroud ever since.
"Entertain yourself with my nightmares."
- AfterAll

Bunny!

#29 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 29 September 2005 - 11:12 PM

Charon, Foundtain and Ecstasy convinced me to start playing the game at sixth-form college (ah, girl power!)... I eventually submitted to their persistent pleases and got addicted... now I'm a staff member, the ultimate sign of addiction!
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#30 Kenzaburokamos

Kenzaburokamos
  • Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 29 September 2005 - 11:52 PM

Havent been playing as much as every1 else....but i used to be a hardcore Unreal Tournament 99 player (name was Rave for any other folks who played it b4..). A friend of mine that was in a server told me him and his girlfriend used to role play on Nightmist. I was like wtf is that? This was like in 2003 when i first had gone to college back when the clan Living Dead Dolls was around. I joined...they helped me a bit.....but i gave up in like 1 month. Was always getting pked by Dynasty...(if i remember correctly....nothing changed when i came back...lmao). I started up again about a year ago....met Josh a.k.a Kuniva and he made me want to hang on to NM. Still can't get enough of it.
Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within...
Trance_Steel ingame

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users