• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 Snoopy

Snoopy

Teh Housewifes

• Members
  • 1318 posts

Posted 11 July 2005 - 02:30 PM

I’m not sure if this has been suggested before, but the nm city vault should not let everyone in the room know what you are withdrawing, taking keys out for boss’s or quests you about to depart on often ends in tragedy.
On the role play sides of things, its unlikely that an established storage facility would just have a big door and every one just reaches for their property in front of crowd of people. Small private rooms are usually supplied to open your box of tricks.
I’m not suggesting we have separate rooms just that it says
‘Snoopy withdraws something from the vault’ similar to buying in the shops – in clan vaults there are passwords/trust your clannies so its not such a issue.
Dunno just a thought.

Edited by Snoopy, 11 July 2005 - 04:03 PM.

If smoking 1 cig takes 30 seconds from my life, but laughing adds 5 minutes, if I get stoned every night do I live forever?

#2 Dismember

Dismember
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 11 July 2005 - 02:51 PM

Thought that for a long time. Supported.

#3 Roidhun

Roidhun
  • Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 11 July 2005 - 02:57 PM

Supported. Especially since I have been followed and killed losing a valuable item. ^_^
Every country has an army... Either its own or somebody else's
No crits ingame atm...

#4 Scripto

Scripto

~teh Scripto

• Game Staff
  • 1628 posts

Posted 11 July 2005 - 03:31 PM

supported...
For every minute you remain angry, you give up sixty seconds of peace of mind.

Ingame:
Scripto (Staff)
Kannabis (Mortal)

#5 Deathwish

Deathwish
  • Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 11 July 2005 - 03:44 PM

Supported
Out, out brief candle. Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player who struts and frets his hour on the stage and then is heard no more.

#6 Sneaky

Sneaky
  • Members
  • 2372 posts

Posted 11 July 2005 - 04:16 PM

Redundant word expressing my belief that this idea should be implemented.
Chuck Norris wears Jack Bauer pajamas.

deimos the noob said no

#7 deadman

deadman
  • Members
  • 2395 posts

Posted 11 July 2005 - 05:38 PM

as i was the one to first suggest this idea an it got shot down...

supported
Contact Unforgiven on 1a.

#8 Eamon

Eamon
  • Members
  • 842 posts

Posted 11 July 2005 - 05:46 PM

Supported

#9 Dark

Dark

Cronus ingame

• Members
  • 696 posts

Posted 11 July 2005 - 07:36 PM

Supportion...

#10 Evergrey

Evergrey
  • Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 11 July 2005 - 07:51 PM

Not supported.

Stop looking for shortcuts in the game, it's meant to be hard somewhere, might as well keep the places in game that atleast holds a slight risk of some interaction between players <yes, fighting.>

If you don't want valuables/keys in that vault... then don't put them in there, that simple.

PS.
Idiots
ass, cretin, dimwit, dumb ass, dunce, fool, halfwit, ignoramus, imbecile, jackass, jerk, moron, ninny, nitwit, pinhead, simpleton, stupid, twit, Idiot

#11 Ashton

Ashton
  • Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 11 July 2005 - 07:53 PM

Not supported.

Stop looking for shortcuts in the game, it's meant to be hard somewhere, might as well keep the places in game that atleast holds a slight risk of some interaction between players <yes, fighting.>

If you don't want valuables/keys in that vault... then don't put them in there, that simple.

PS.
Idiots

/nod

Someone should make a Failed Ideas thread.

Ashton - Explosion - Chaosbringer

#12 Despair

Despair
  • Members
  • 399 posts

Posted 11 July 2005 - 07:56 PM

I kinda like the idea of the room being a private room that only you can go into, but I prefere the fact that the vault is open and you can see what every gets out and puts into the vault.

It's more social and fun seeing newer players deposit all their short swords and normal mana crystals and all over cheap stuff they treasure into their vaults :-)
If I were the rain... that binds together the Earth and the Sky, whom in all eternity will never mingle... would I be able to bind two hearts together?

#13 Äññöÿäñcë

Äññöÿäñcë
  • Members
  • 2132 posts

Posted 11 July 2005 - 07:56 PM

Not supported.

PS.
Idiots

/nod

I agree - if it is a key or an item that is needed for a boss and you do not want to be followed keep it on an itemholder or in a clan vault..

Not Supported.

Would be nice though. ^_^
Disaster ingame.

#14 Evergrey

Evergrey
  • Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 11 July 2005 - 07:58 PM

Ok this is one of the biggest flaws to the game atm... let me demonstrate with a small example how the Playerbase corrupts the game.

"I'm to ****** lazy to log on an Itemholder/Run to CH... JLH solve my problem for me so I can indulge my laziness further."

Stop looking towards staff to solve your every little whim, or atleast suggest some liable changes to the game other than "I dun wanna go to CH to far, I forgot my way there while sitting at SGH"

Stop wasting our god damn time... thanks for listening.

Edited by Evergrey, 11 July 2005 - 08:22 PM.

ass, cretin, dimwit, dumb ass, dunce, fool, halfwit, ignoramus, imbecile, jackass, jerk, moron, ninny, nitwit, pinhead, simpleton, stupid, twit, Idiot

#15 Evergrey

Evergrey
  • Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 11 July 2005 - 08:22 PM

Oh I just remembered, get ready for another Rant stupid people.

I hereby BEG staff member<s> To stop teleporting people's alts in and OUT of triplex just because the STUPID people can't put the proper equipment on their alts 5 minutes to 11 every saturday night...

Cause gods forbid they would learn from their mistakes and actually realise TRIPLEX is getting Run! about the same day, same time EVERY week.

But feel free to ignore this post as well, indulge their idiocy and laziness, I hate everyone.

#16 Äññöÿäñcë

Äññöÿäñcë
  • Members
  • 2132 posts

Posted 11 July 2005 - 08:26 PM

Wow Kim - you musta had alot of rage let out then! ^_^ Glad you got it off your chest.
Disaster ingame.

#17 Mighty_Mouse

Mighty_Mouse
  • Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 11 July 2005 - 08:40 PM

alright i agree with the fact that those who enter and remove something from vault they can be seen, but hidden alts such as covert/invis/camouflaged should not be seen, in which case they are so im halfway supporting and halfway not...

#18 Evergrey

Evergrey
  • Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 11 July 2005 - 08:48 PM

Amazing people just won't give up, HOW DO YOU OPEN A BIG VAULT DOOR WHEN YOU'RE COVERT/INVIS?

Oh let me guess... there are 2000 different vaults in 1 square... and my 50 halberds consists in a space that's the size of a box of matches.

How about there's a clerk keeping track of each person's individual heap of Junk in the vaults? Sound Liable?

In that CASE how the hell would he be able to hand someone he can't see what you want from your vault?

Bottom Line.
All the brilliance that's collected in the community that is Nightmist, of all your big ideals, grand scheme's and illusion's. The thing dearest to you is HOW TO mooseING GET ITEMS OUT OF A VAULT IN THE MIDDLE OF TOWN WITHOUT BEING SPOTTED!

Idiots.

[Endless Rant]
[End of sequel #4]

Edited by Evergrey, 11 July 2005 - 08:49 PM.

#19 Ashton

Ashton
  • Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 11 July 2005 - 08:50 PM

leave the vaults alone, this is way off topic and i like it

#20 menardi

menardi
  • Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 11 July 2005 - 09:10 PM

kim gone wild
Electron/Excuse in game~~ÐÎVΧÎØÑ

David
ØWÑÅG£

#21 PrimeX

PrimeX
  • Members
  • 390 posts

Posted 11 July 2005 - 09:14 PM

LMAO
ur mom sux

#22 Bunny

Bunny
  • Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 11 July 2005 - 09:50 PM

Seeing as you have the role playing side of things. And a actualy reasonable explnation.

Supported.

#23 Dark

Dark

Cronus ingame

• Members
  • 696 posts

Posted 11 July 2005 - 09:56 PM

meh i retract my supportion kim gota point,

#24 tool

tool
  • Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 11 July 2005 - 10:17 PM

Not supported.

JLH was nice enough to offer the nm community a free storage facility many, many months if not a year + ago. This subject should have been brought up then. Hell, if it where up to me, I would delete the square and force you all to use item holders again, or better yet, spend 20k plus the cost of a room and you have your own private vault. God forbid you keep your better stuff on a lvl 3 on let's say the dark alley on the path not used that often.

Edited by tool, 11 July 2005 - 10:19 PM.

#25 Iron_Mouse

Iron_Mouse
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 July 2005 - 10:20 PM

Hm, can't you just wait until the vault is empty?

Supported, yet apprehensive.

#26 Evergrey

Evergrey
  • Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 11 July 2005 - 10:33 PM

Hm, can't you just wait until the vault is empty?

Supported, yet apprehensive.

#27 Iron_Mouse

Iron_Mouse
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 July 2005 - 10:40 PM

/bigsmile

#28 Simulation

Simulation
  • Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 11 July 2005 - 11:36 PM

Supported.

Evergrey, where do you get the privileges of telling us if we are or aren't lazy?

Amazing people just won't give up, HOW DO YOU OPEN A BIG VAULT DOOR WHEN YOU'RE COVERT/INVIS?

You turn the handle, and pull...

Oh let me guess... there are 2000 different vaults in 1 square... and my 50 halberds consists in a space that's the size of a box of matches.

"You are in the very large vault of Nightmist."
To me it seems there is alot of small vaults, layed in an orderly fashion, as the description said. Now, if you would stop being lazy and actually read the description, which explains alot of your questions, you may get somewhere. Yes, there is 2000 small vaults in 1 square. You have to remember, there is no limit to a squares size, that's not in the game. Also, who ever said your personal vault was the size of a box of matches? You don't know how big your vault is, but however big it is, it is most likely big enough to hold your 50 halberds, which I doubt you have, or ever will have.

How about there's a clerk keeping track of each person's individual heap of Junk in the vaults? Sound Liable?

"The entrance is guarded by two well fashioned guards who's discipline is indicated by their lean stature."
Now, to me, it seems this place it guarded pretty well by the looks of the entrance, so I wouldn't worry about liability.

In that CASE how the hell would he be able to hand someone he can't see what you want from your vault?

I agree with this idea, of no invis/covert while WITHDRAWING items from the vault, because depositing will not require the clerk/guards seeing you.

HOW TO mooseING GET ITEMS OUT OF A VAULT IN THE MIDDLE OF TOWN WITHOUT BEING SPOTTED!

Ever hear of something called being sneaky? If so, that's what they do. Quickly stuff it inside their backpack without anyone noticing you having the item.
«¤Mêad¤»*

#29 Ryuku

Ryuku

Ryuku Ingame, Best 3v3er ever

• Members
  • 2003 posts

Posted 11 July 2005 - 11:53 PM

Well, in a roleplay sense, unsupported.

But seeing as this isn't a role play game, supported. All people who unsupport will just be mad they find ezpks just by sitting at vault. The noobs need to train too.

#30 Ashton

Ashton
  • Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 12 July 2005 - 07:56 AM

ok I guess no one mentioned the fact this vault is 100% FREE, not only that but you can set up multiple accounts and completely abuse the vaults, so stfu and use it as it is and stop whining that people can see you take crap out of it, if you don't like it put your "secret" items elsewhere instead of in the FREE, and very PUBLIC nightmist vaults.

Edit: to further show that I do not at all support this idea, I do believe that along with money orders the original reason (or the main reason among a few) for the nightmist vaults was to transfer things from a pacifist to a character in the same account and vice versa without having to rely on a 3rd party to hold them for you?

Edited by Ashton, 12 July 2005 - 09:25 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users