Photo

Paci's On The Exp Charts...

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

Poll: Take them off the exp charts?

Take them off the exp charts?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Evilcloud

Evilcloud
  • Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 06 September 2004 - 11:51 PM

I think its gay that a paci can be on the exp charts... I got my ranger to 425mill exp and noticed it wasnt on the charts... I think paci's should be taken off the charts because it is simple to gain exp with them, they cant be pked, and they have overrun the charts...

Plz stat the reason for your post too...

Edited by Evilcloud, 06 September 2004 - 11:54 PM.

~~¤*~Menelaeus/Darkalliance in NM1A~*¤~~

#2 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 06 September 2004 - 11:54 PM

Okay. Take all the EXP from your alts, add them together and tell me which is higher; all your alts combined or the Pacifists?

Besides, what exactly will getting on the EXP Charts give you anyways? I'm sorry but I personally think Nightmist needs to swallow a big helping of Humble Pie.
Posted Image

#3 BlueCrew

BlueCrew
  • Members
  • 374 posts

Posted 06 September 2004 - 11:57 PM

First of all pacifist are not gay. Gay is a term that means homosexuality witch is only exibited among males so in other words if a pacifist is female how could she be gay. Second of all certian classes have harder times gaining experience and if you want to compare there is a section for rangers only. My advice for you is to grow up and play fair. If you have to cheat to win then its not really winning. Is it?

Go fork yourself.

#4 Evilcloud

Evilcloud
  • Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 06 September 2004 - 11:57 PM

I dont have a paci.... i sold mine cuz i think they are bs...
But if i was to take all the exp off my crits and add them together it wouldnt come ne where near 3billion exp....
Paci's be pked therefor they shouldnt be on the charts

/t blue... I didn say ne thing about cheating... and i wasnt talking about gay as in a homosexual term... gay can mean different things

Edited by Evilcloud, 07 September 2004 - 12:02 AM.

~~¤*~Menelaeus/Darkalliance in NM1A~*¤~~

#5 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 07 September 2004 - 12:15 AM

It only takes 12 Archmaster alts to total 3 billion experience, and I'm sure many of the big players have that many alts.

To be honest, and I'm sure many Pacifists know this deep down, it is a challenge in itself to see who can get the most experience. In all fairness, it is one of the few things Pacifists can come out top on.
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#6 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 07 September 2004 - 12:25 AM

... gay can mean different things

Strictly speaking, gay means happy. And Europa is the only one with 3 billion experience.
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#7 Charon

Charon
  • Members
  • 617 posts

Posted 07 September 2004 - 12:27 AM

But if i was to take all the exp off my crits and add them together it wouldnt come ne where near 3billion exp....
Paci's be pked therefor they shouldnt be on the charts

I'm sorry but in all honesty... most pacifists don't make it to 3bil experience. If you look at that chart the others are in the 1.7bil range.

I personally think that reaching 3bil is an achievement that should be recognised... so what if it was a pacifist that reached it?

For the most part having uber high experience doesn't actually MEAN anything. Having a place on the Experience board isn't going to make you a better player and it isn't going to get you any sort of special bonus... so really, what difference does it make?
"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind." --Rudyard Kipling

#8 Dragons_Eye

Dragons_Eye
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 September 2004 - 10:59 AM

I can understand taking them off the charts. Pacifists main objective seems to be a gold gathering and a learning tool for NightMist. Since they can't be PK'ed it gives people a chance to travel around the world of Nightmist and learn how to get to areas that they might not be able to get to otherwise while learning.

Now, before You start bashing against this post think about it logically ok? Can a pacifist easily lose exp? No. They can create their own food and water as needed. They can easily regen their mana without ever seeing a town or shop to buy it in. They don't have to worry about PK's. It's all a downhill train for the pacifist. I can say this because I own a pacifist. I don't like the idea that my arch pacifist will see the higher end of the charts before my arch thief that I work on just as hard. Why won't my arch thief? Simple. The life of NightMist in general allows for PK's that pacifists don't have to deal with. I can understand if maybe the pacifist class took on the same hazards of outside town as other races, but they don't. Now You can argue that at the same time, pacifists has limited training areas. Not true. My pacifist has lived quite successfully on the second floor for several months without returning to town. As a matter of fact, I can't remember the last time the paci has seen town lol.

I'm not bashing the pacifist class. It's a great class for those that need or want special items and gold. Being able to afford the nicer side of things is great, however, I do feel that including them on the exp charts is a bit of a waste. Which is a greater achievement? Leveling and gaining that exp despite obstacles? Or leveling and gaining that exp simply because You can't be touched by other classes?

#9 jurian

jurian

YAY! Less Lag!

• Members
  • 1505 posts

Posted 07 September 2004 - 02:27 PM

paci's need to die. and yes they need to be taken off or get their own special list or something.
Even in death my hate will go on

#10 alone

alone
  • Members
  • 2261 posts

Posted 07 September 2004 - 02:57 PM

I was hoping when you said you were going, jurian. That you actually were. But unfortuantly not.
"Entertain yourself with my nightmares."
- AfterAll

Bunny!

#11 Malavon

Malavon
  • Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 07 September 2004 - 04:55 PM

And I keep hoping that people will stop making stupid comments so I don't have to keep flaming, but unfortunately they just keep spewing out the bullnuts.

Edited by Malavon, 07 September 2004 - 04:55 PM.

#12 MCM

MCM
  • Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 07 September 2004 - 06:40 PM

it is an OVERALL exp chart right?...well pacis are a part of the game so they belong
The Smily Pill

#13 Zeppelin

Zeppelin
  • Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 08 September 2004 - 01:01 AM

I hate pacis, but I have to back them...

#14 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5234 posts

Posted 08 September 2004 - 03:23 AM

OOWWww Mommy! Mommy! I tore my gina!

Anyway, you take twelve alts to anything and they will generally come out on top. So yes, my account in total does have more exp than Europa, and I do believe I've been playing for what is growing on two years...how long has it taken you to put 3 billion exp on your paci? o.O

Anyway, I just think it is shameful that old Maximus' exp would be lowered from the top even though there is no one who worked on gaining experience more than he did.
Pacifist could have their own chart...and just like you said---would it hurt anything?

Anyway, I don't really care at all. I think you guys all need to give it a rest on defending every little complaint against pacis or complaining about every little thing that is off-set by them.
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#15 Charon

Charon
  • Members
  • 617 posts

Posted 08 September 2004 - 03:54 AM

I think you guys all need to give it a rest on defending every little complaint against pacis or complaining about every little thing that is off-set by them.

But... but I can't ^^
Pacifist defender is my area of employ... it says so on the nice paycheck Crane gave me to defend his insanely high experience :P

Anyhow... as I said before I don't really see that experience makes a great deal of difference really... once you're arched, you're arched. Yes people with high experience are impressive... but thats it- harsh it may be, but the experience doesnt really matter.

Whether pacifists are on there or not... it's not actually going to make any difference to me as a person or my characters in game, and I doubt it would really make that much difference to other people either. Not really.
I for one don't spend a great deal of time doing something like looking at the experience list anyway ^^
"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind." --Rudyard Kipling

#16 Ryuku

Ryuku

Ryuku Ingame, Best 3v3er ever

• Members
  • 2003 posts

Posted 08 September 2004 - 09:09 AM

No reason they should be on, no reason that should be off, equal reason there should even be a freakin exp chart in the first place...

#17 alone

alone
  • Members
  • 2261 posts

Posted 08 September 2004 - 11:44 AM

Without damn good just cause to change it, it's not going to happen. Whining solves nothing when it comes to the almighty JL of H.
- AfterAll

Bunny!

#18 Harley_Davidson

Harley_Davidson
  • Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 08 September 2004 - 01:27 PM

who cares bout the exp chart... its not like u get a cookie for havin the highest exp lol.
Homicidal or Zakkwylde in game

#19 alone

alone
  • Members
  • 2261 posts

Posted 08 September 2004 - 01:39 PM

How do you know?
- AfterAll

Bunny!

#20 dognapot

dognapot
  • Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 08 September 2004 - 05:33 PM

i don't know why pacifists are included on the same rankings as all the other classes just because all the other classes are real. pacifists aren't PvP, they're training and exploring, and they're the only class with that limitation so it's not really all that apt to lump them with the rest of the classes that don't gain exp, and gold so easily, and don't have character scores affected by pks.
wouldn't it be funny if rich had registered this name first, and you were bickering with him?

#21 deadman

deadman
  • Members
  • 2395 posts

Posted 09 September 2004 - 12:34 AM

I understand that pacifists are in the game and that they are there to explore and for ppl that want to do so without being pked. The only problem with this is is that it makes it way to easy for them to gain exp and they dont get killed by monsters easily bc of subdue/shield self/deity and they cant be pked so basically cant lose much exp if at all. Now ppl like Maximus worked there arse off to put over 1bil exp on a crit and not many ppl have came close to doing that and now he is taken over by like 10 paci's that have way to easy a time gaining exp.

Thats not right now is it?
Contact Unforgiven on 1a.

#22 Harley_Davidson

Harley_Davidson
  • Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 09 September 2004 - 02:05 AM

How do you know?

cuz...... if i was able to get a cookie from gettin good exp, i'd be one trainin mad man :P
Homicidal or Zakkwylde in game

#23 Penguin

Penguin

cummins powaaah

• Members
  • 982 posts

Posted 10 September 2004 - 03:06 AM

idea supported

#24 sayadin

sayadin
  • Members
  • 248 posts

Posted 10 September 2004 - 02:40 PM

i don't have a promblem with it... it just means that the paci people are just doing more training than you.
The Greater the Difficulty, the More the Glory in Surmounting it. -Epicurus

#25 Rappy_Ninja

Rappy_Ninja
  • Members
  • 2923 posts

Posted 10 September 2004 - 04:32 PM

i don't have a promblem with it... it just means that the paci people are just doing more training than you.

your also a noob

the point is pacis shouldent be on charts because they -CANT- lose exp and lets see.. my paci gets in 11k exp a stam now I get 3 stam now lets say its double exp well thats 66k with just 3 stam now of course with 5 stam and doing this for hours and hours on end yeah... it adds up very unfairly compared to the low exp fighters/pallys would get and they actually can and do die
Page/Memo Beatrix

#26 MCM

MCM
  • Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 10 September 2004 - 04:48 PM

your also a noob

the point is pacis shouldent be on charts because they -CANT- lose exp and lets see.. my paci gets in 11k exp a stam now I get 3 stam now lets say its double exp well thats 66k with just 3 stam now of course with 5 stam and doing this for hours and hours on end yeah... it adds up very unfairly compared to the low exp fighters/pallys would get and they actually can and do die

your missing the POINT it is an OVERALL(meaning all character aspects are taken into account) exp chart, if it was just a pk or combat exp chart then yes...but it's not...it's OVERALL(i hope the only thing big for you about that word is the caps) and with it being OVERALL they belong
The Smily Pill

#27 jurian

jurian

YAY! Less Lag!

• Members
  • 1505 posts

Posted 11 September 2004 - 07:58 AM

solution:

make it like rankings. make an overall rank and then a class related rank.

everybody happy
Even in death my hate will go on

#28 newb

newb
  • Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 12 September 2004 - 06:16 AM

The thing is that, eventually, there will only be pacifists on that list.

The facts are:
Pacifists don't have to worry about the PvP aspect of the game
They gain XP at a grotesquely faster pace than any other class

Well, that's pretty much it for Pacifists regarding this particular issue. Other issues need to be resolved with them.

But the main thing that should be taken into account right now is that there really is no point in the character ranking charts. Seriously. You guys might think I just made that up, but honestly, it doesn't do anything for you.

Westcoast

#29 Dc

Dc
  • Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 12 September 2004 - 06:39 AM

nvm

Edited by Dc, 12 September 2004 - 06:40 AM.

I believe in the Triune God;God the Father, the Son , and the Holy Spirit.I believe that while I was helpless and sinful, Christ died for me. Therefore, I now have the righteousness of God, old things have passed away and I am a child of God. I cannot be separated from the love of God, Christ lives in my heart by faith and therefore, I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. I have been chosen by God and appointed to bear fruit for God. I resist the devil and he flees from me.

#30 Dan

Dan
  • Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 02:01 PM

How friggen long are you kids going to cry over this? It was stated once before that they are apart of the NM world. If you need the recognition of a rank to feel good about yourself, there is a class ranking. If you need the recognition of exp ranks, stop fighting other people risking the loss of your oh so valued exp.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users