Photo

Rapid Fire/berserk/assassinate

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 Pureza

Pureza

It's 4:20, do you know where your papers are???

• Members
  • 1858 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 04:10 AM

Pretty straight forward. And directed more at the mulit-alt server as I don't know how many colored attack weapons are on the 1 alt server. But i'd like to see the colors work in the single click abilities, i.e. Berserk, Rapid Fire, Assassinate.
Not really a necessary thing but would be really nice, especially for main and the weapons from the halloween quest.
Jaded ingame.

#2 Sneaky

Sneaky
  • Members
  • 2372 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 04:15 AM

Agreed. The custom attack messages overrides for morph, so it should for special abilities for berserk and rapid fire.

How would you suggest it show up for assassinate though? That doesn't say anything about the weapon, so I'm not sure how you work the custom message in.
Chuck Norris wears Jack Bauer pajamas.

deimos the noob said no

#3 Tyler

Tyler
  • Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 07:39 PM

Player attempts to assassinate OtherPlayer with [his/her] Random Colored Dagger, but fails and causes ### points of damage!

Or something like that could be sufficient. Just an idea. :P

Edited by Tyler, 07 November 2010 - 07:55 PM.

CEO & Founder of Twisted Tactics.

In-game

Multi: Veles or Elixir

1-alt: Liability

#4 Pureza

Pureza

• Members
  • 1858 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 12:46 AM

Agreed. The custom attack messages overrides for morph, so it should for special abilities for berserk and rapid fire.

How would you suggest it show up for assassinate though? That doesn't say anything about the weapon, so I'm not sure how you work the custom message in.

^
What he said.

Edit: Though the Jagged Bone Dagger was designed with assassinate in mind and doesn't have a colored attack message.

Edited by Pureza, 08 November 2010 - 12:47 AM.

Jaded ingame.

#5 Infection

Infection
  • Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 08:42 PM

Supported, The people who earned the weapons deserve to see the colors its like a birthday suprise! Also RJ for staff. Poor mark doing everything himself. RJ has great ideas for the game and I could see the playerbase climbing with some ideas RJ has give him a doobie and let him go to work! so a little sublimital messaging! *rjforstaffpleaseeveryonesupportkkty*

on another note: If the colored attacks were with the weapons it would slightly increase the value of the weapon itself, would also possibly make people work harder at getting the levels to equip them. BUT! if u make colored for them Staff of Light needs one. Cobalt Bow and several other weapons deserve it as well. No normal weapons tho. unless you wanna give Oak Staff a cool little coloring so new players are like oOoOo Ahhh!! lol
Blake (Satoris) Main Server

#6 Sneaky

Sneaky
  • Members
  • 2372 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 08:42 PM

custom colors with 1-click attacks, please.

deimos the noob said no

#7 Pureza

Pureza

• Members
  • 1858 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 09:00 PM

Supported, The people who earned the weapons deserve to see the colors its like a birthday suprise! Also RJ for staff. Poor mark doing everything himself. RJ has great ideas for the game and I could see the playerbase climbing with some ideas RJ has give him a doobie and let him go to work! so a little sublimital messaging! *rjforstaffpleaseeveryonesupportkkty*

on another note: If the colored attacks were with the weapons it would slightly increase the value of the weapon itself, would also possibly make people work harder at getting the levels to equip them. BUT! if u make colored for them Staff of Light needs one. Cobalt Bow and several other weapons deserve it as well. No normal weapons tho. unless you wanna give Oak Staff a cool little coloring so new players are like oOoOo Ahhh!! lol

I wouldn't support colored attack messages being added to any weapons that don't already have them. And Staff of Light already has a custom attack message, it's just not colored.

P.S. Yay me for staff lol
Jaded ingame.

#8 Freek

Freek
  • Members
  • 1200 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 09:05 PM

When we get coding updates every 2 years or so...this is what you're asking JLH to spend time on?

Edited by Freek, 11 November 2010 - 09:05 PM.

Freek ingame.

#9 Infection

Infection
  • Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 09:14 PM

Gaddy is a noob lol JLH himself said it would take 5 mins to do and be very easy lol

#10 Pureza

Pureza

• Members
  • 1858 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 09:32 PM

When we get coding updates every 2 years or so...this is what you're asking JLH to spend time on?

At least this has some value. Unlike your /toggle stats idea.
Jaded ingame.

#11 Freek

Freek
  • Members
  • 1200 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 10:04 PM

At least this has some value. Unlike your /toggle stats idea.

What vaule? That its pretty colors?
Freek ingame.

#12 Infection

Infection
  • Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 12:02 AM

neither honestly have value ofc, but it just nice to see something difffrent. mk end of discussion :P

#13 Pureza

Pureza

• Members
  • 1858 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 05:10 AM

Keep the support coming. JLH did say it would be rather easy, so I feel all we need is enough support.
Jaded ingame.

#14 Deamoness

Deamoness
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 05:20 AM

I agree, would be nice to see and associate the attack..:P

#15 Envy

Envy
  • Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 06:27 AM

I support the idea rj has giving for the attack message. It's also a good idea to add something new to the game onces in a while other then quest items RJ for Staff wooooooooot
If Your Reading My Post It Means Ive Pwned You

#16 Apocalypto

Apocalypto
  • Members
  • 1204 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 06:29 AM

Wouldnt hurt anything, but personally it wouldnt make a difference to me.
Apocalypto

#17 MÚÐVÃ¥ÑË

MÚÐVÃ¥ÑË
  • Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 10:50 AM

I like the idea i also think it should work with Smite also. sence its also a 1 click attack.
Mudvayne

#18 Scripto

Scripto

~teh Scripto

• Game Staff
  • 1628 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 12:44 PM

I'll support this idea.
For every minute you remain angry, you give up sixty seconds of peace of mind.

Ingame:
Scripto (Staff)
Kannabis (Mortal)

#19 Sneaky

Sneaky
  • Members
  • 2372 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 02:20 PM

out of context much?

I'm assuming you're against this change. What better way to express this, than to throw up a quote of someone shooting down your idea from a separate topic. If thats not the case, are you simply salty that your idea got shot down, so you have to spread that over to here?

If you really want to say "why should this be changed, when what I want won't be changed?", well, they're completely different suggestions. You're suggesting that a feature that was added to the game, character level history, be toggle-able, because you don't like how cluttered it looks when you narcissistic-ally do /showstats to yourself all day.

On the other hand, RJ is suggesting that weapons with custom attack messages, which *gasp* have a custom message when you attack, show up when a 1-click attack is used. This is not an unreasonable request, as custom attack messages already override a morphed druid's attack message . We are simply asking that the same apply to 1-click attackers. If the weapon was designed to have a custom attack message, it should have that message no matter what type of attack is used (rapid fire, berserk, dual shot, etc).

deimos the noob said no

#20 Freek

Freek
  • Members
  • 1200 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 02:29 PM

Its out of context? Thats interesting, I'm pretty sure this would take coding so it seems to be in context to me.

As for the quote.. I guess I could of used "How does this benefit the game in anyway?". Because honestly, how does giving it pretty colors really benefit the game?

"On the other hand, RJ is suggesting that weapons with custom attack messages, which *gasp* have a custom message when you attack, show up when a 1-click attack is used."

On the other hand, I was suggesting hiding its previous stats as a different class because *gasp* if it was a level 11 paladin with 64 hp and now its a 34 druid with 380 hp then it shouldn't show up when I /showstats as it doesn't matter.

If you wanted to say "your just mad your idea has no benefit to the game, but making it pretty colors does qq", well they both take coding and don't bring anything beneficial to the game. Apparently.
Freek ingame.

#21 Trendkill

Trendkill
  • Members
  • 473 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 03:50 PM

I fully support RJ's idea. I think it would add some change to the monotonous training with regular attack messages and be a bit more interesting to train. Also I think this idea is great for the higher end crafted weapons not just the questies. So people bashing RJ's idea quit being little panty wastes get off your high horse and support k!

RJ for staff!
...Añd Jústícè Fòr All

#22 Sneaky

Sneaky
  • Members
  • 2372 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 06:09 PM

Its out of context? Thats interesting, I'm pretty sure this would take coding so it seems to be in context to me.

As for the quote.. I guess I could of used "How does this benefit the game in anyway?". Because honestly, how does giving it pretty colors really benefit the game?

"On the other hand, RJ is suggesting that weapons with custom attack messages, which *gasp* have a custom message when you attack, show up when a 1-click attack is used."

On the other hand, I was suggesting hiding its previous stats as a different class because *gasp* if it was a level 11 paladin with 64 hp and now its a 34 druid with 380 hp then it shouldn't show up when I /showstats as it doesn't matter.

If you wanted to say "your just mad your idea has no benefit to the game, but making it pretty colors does qq", well they both take coding and don't bring anything beneficial to the game. Apparently.

it would be one thing if you were quoting yourself, but you're quoting someone else. That implies that Gaddy thinks this is a waste of time and resources-- I haven't seen Gaddy post on this thread, so I don't think he'd you attaching his name to a "not supported" vote. It would be one thing if you simply repeated exactly what he said -- but attaching a quote with his name implies so much more.

As far as "Because honestly, how does giving it pretty colors really benefit the game?" -- Obviously it benefits the game in some way, otherwise the items wouldn't be added. Things don't get added for no reason- the same which could be said about showing a characters level history.

I'd rather not have a bickering match close a thread that has a pretty good idea.

deimos the noob said no

#23 Freek

Freek
  • Members
  • 1200 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 07:43 PM

The quote worked perfectly, I guess next time I'll just have to "(Copy+Paste)" instead.

Making the attack message colorful doesn't "benefit the game" its just a shiny toy. It being colorful or not has no impact on what the item does to the gameplay. The reason they are added are the same reason renamed stuff is added. Just a quick easy way to add new stuff without "adding new stuff".
Freek ingame.

#24 Infection

Infection
  • Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 09:50 PM

The quote worked perfectly, I guess next time I'll just have to "(Copy+Paste)" instead.

Making the attack message colorful doesn't "benefit the game" its just a shiny toy. It being colorful or not has no impact on what the item does to the gameplay. The reason they are added are the same reason renamed stuff is added. Just a quick easy way to add new stuff without "adding new stuff".

Not to be a moose I am just curious how does hiding past levels/stats benifit the game? its personal opinion just as the color attack message someones pet peve or however you spell it. If u want ur stats hidden so be it u have the right to ur opinion just as everyone who wants colored attack message. each to his own. but keep your posting about ur stats on ur page and we will keep this here. if urs gets added so be it. if Rj's idea gets added so be it. its JLH's decison in the long run so if u wanna be mad at someone be mad at JLH not at the people who agree/disagree because as stated in the long run it isnt their decision they are just showing their creativity.

In another not as several other people have stated in this post RJ FOR STAFF '10!

#25 Trendkill

Trendkill
  • Members
  • 473 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 10:00 PM

With all do respect I dont understand why you have a problem with "add new stuff without "adding new stuff" I fully support it because some small change like that can possibly motivate others to seek the "new stuff that isnt new stuff" out.

and again...RJ for staff!!
...Añd Jústícè Fòr All

#26 evilcartoon

evilcartoon
  • Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 11:58 AM

supported, enough said. also rj for staff :P

#27 Pureza

Pureza

• Members
  • 1858 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 06:08 AM

c'mon keep it coming
Jaded ingame.

#28 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 02:03 AM

Patience! No intimidating the voters!

If it's not too much effort to program, supported.
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#29 Apocalypto

Apocalypto
  • Members
  • 1204 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 04:00 AM

Not to be a moose I am just curious how does hiding past levels/stats benifit the game? its personal opinion just as the color attack message someones pet peve or however you spell it. If u want ur stats hidden so be it u have the right to ur opinion just as everyone who wants colored attack message. each to his own. but keep your posting about ur stats on ur page and we will keep this here. if urs gets added so be it. if Rj's idea gets added so be it. its JLH's decison in the long run so if u wanna be mad at someone be mad at JLH not at the people who agree/disagree because as stated in the long run it isnt their decision they are just showing their creativity.

In another not as several other people have stated in this post RJ FOR STAFF '10!

think that was the point... it doesnt, and neither does this.. thus the quote did fit "perfectly"... anyways.. it seems to be wanted for some odd reason that i really dont understand lol(dont see the big deal about color attacks), so let it be.. but anyways.. not to be a moose, but i honestly like jordans idea better than this.. as that is slightly annoying(especially when a crit has been almost literally every class it could be...)..
Apocalypto

#30 Hansol

Hansol
  • Members
  • 1039 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 07:05 AM

supported k

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users