• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 09:40 AM

I got thinking, and right now the only item that you have to spend time saving up for is a cobalt/tb/scepter. Would it not be awesome if there was like, a choice! Examples:

Library info for Venomous Trident: Price: 7.5 mil
Base damage: 29, Can be used by: fighters, paladins, thieves, Description: A weapon of undeniable power and uncertain origin, the three prongs of this deadly weapon are coated in a lethal venom., Level needed to equip it: 30, Magical: Yes, Vamparic: No, Armor: 0, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0, Poison chance: 0.6, Poison/30s damage: 60, Monster damage table: , Mana leech:

Library info for Celestial Bow: Price: 10 mil
Base damage: 23, Can be used by: rangers, Description: An exquisite creation with a string of woven starlight, this bow is the epitome of beauty and power., Level needed to equip it: 30, Magical: Yes, Vamparic: 0.15, Armor: 0, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 1, Poison chance: , Poison/30s damage: , Monster damage table: , Mana leech:

Library info for Dancing Boots: Price: 8 mil (HAD to put these in hehe)
Armor base: 6, Can be worn by: clerics, druids, fighters, mages, paladins, rangers, thieves, pacifists, Description: Dance magic dance!, Level needed to equip it: 20, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 1.

Library info for Amulet of Quicksilver: Price: 13 mil
Armor base: 3, Can be worn by: clerics, druids, fighters, mages, paladins, rangers, thieves, pacifists, Description: Enchantments surround this small oval pendant. Blessing the wearer with both physical and mental prowess, this is an aid to both warrior and wizard., Level needed to equip it: 28, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 1, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 1, Charisma modifier: 0.

Library info for Jade Crown: Price: 9 mil
Armor base: 3, Can be worn by: clerics, druids, fighters, mages, paladins, rangers, thieves, pacifists, Description: Heart-stilling beauty draws the gaze of all, for now even dreams seem dull compared to this., Level needed to equip it: 25, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 2.

Library info for Ring of Thunder: Price: 11 mil
Armor base: 4, Can be worn by: clerics, druids, fighters, mages, paladins, rangers, thieves, pacifists, Description: Formed in a divine storm of ice and fire, and held in splendid isolation since the dawn of time, this ring crackles with mysticl power and protection., Level needed to equip it: 29, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 1, Charisma modifier: 0.

Library info for Magma Ring: Price: 14 mil
Armor base: 2, Can be worn by: clerics, druids, fighters, mages, paladins, rangers, thieves, pacifists, Description: Volcanic rage and pent-up energy characterise this liquid ring, yet it clings to your finger with the tightest of embraces., Level needed to equip it: 30, Strength modifier: 1, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0.

Library info for Arcane Bangle: Price: 9 mil
Armor base: 1, Can be worn by: clerics, druids, fighters, mages, paladins, rangers, thieves, pacifists, Description: Shimmering under the weight of a titanic bewitching, this otherwise unmentionable bracelet conveys a sharpening of the intellect upon the fortunate wearer., Level needed to equip it: 30, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 1, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0.

I have to go to a lecture now, might think up more later. Point of the shop is to get a bit of the excess gold out of the game, and also to get cool items knocking around :(

Would be best just to put shop in Nightmist too i reckon :ph34r:

Edited by Raylen, 27 October 2005 - 12:30 PM.

+1 post count ggpwnedkthxbai

it's plausible that the SOB hasn't spawned

¯¨:·»Gently spamming the forum since 2003«·:¨¯

#2 Boys Night Out

Boys Night Out
  • Members
  • 1059 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 10:51 AM

Venomous Trident please!
Tread lightly, as you tread on my dreams...

Hansol ingame

#3 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 12:25 PM

Bump :( I added a couple in too. Also, i tried not to make things that would make actual rare items obsolete, so yeah :ph34r:

#4 Snoopy

Snoopy

Teh Housewifes

• Members
  • 1318 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 12:44 PM

6 stat ranger lol 18 19 21 18 18 19
with the vamparic bow and with the equips stats could be

24 21 22 18 19 23

lmao
costing ummm
Library info for Celestial Bow: Price: 10 mil
Library info for Dancing Boots: Price: 8 mil
Library info for Amulet of Quicksilver: Price: 13 mil
Library info for Jade Crown: Price: 9 mil
Library info for Magma Ring: Price: 14 mil *4
Library info for Arcane Bangle: Price: 9 mil *2
Gaunts of virtue - about 2mil

116mil + the cost of a six stat.. but my god that would rock lmao

Edited by Snoopy, 27 October 2005 - 12:46 PM.

If smoking 1 cig takes 30 seconds from my life, but laughing adds 5 minutes, if I get stoned every night do I live forever?

#5 combusta

combusta
  • Members
  • 1185 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 05:40 PM

pimp stuff, only thing i would buy would either be ring of thunder of amulet of quicksilver, rather have cobalt/scepter/tb over any of that stuff really besides the 2 aformentioned

give something 2 zerks lol

but i dont think it will get put in anyway

Edited by combusta, 27 October 2005 - 05:45 PM.

ah the intelligence of combusta, the envy of all nightmist players...

o shut up tony

#6 Prophet

Prophet
  • Members
  • 1772 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 07:22 PM

Great idea! :(
Si Senior!

#7 Rappy_Ninja

Rappy_Ninja
  • Members
  • 2923 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 07:31 PM

csotw bow supported everything else no and dancing boots are fair

Edited by Rappy_Ninja, 27 October 2005 - 07:31 PM.

Page/Memo Beatrix

#8 Sneaky

Sneaky
  • Members
  • 2372 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 08:38 PM

Quicksilver is a little ehh... why do wis rings cost less than str.? Wis ring is 4 armor, lvl 29 equipable... Strength is 2 and and lvl 30.

All in all, it makes the rich more powerful.
Chuck Norris wears Jack Bauer pajamas.

deimos the noob said no

#9 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 08:52 PM

Well yes, if there's one thing i like more than gold, it's power baby... :(

Can this get put in before sunday's pt thx :ph34r:

#10 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5239 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 09:08 PM

The items seem too good...just too high of poison damage and the ring stat mods..
They are really expensive, sure, but they'd stack way too powerfully, imo.

I'd like to see variety of high quality things to spend gold on, but...just seems too stacked.
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#11 Sneaky

Sneaky
  • Members
  • 2372 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 10:48 PM

Balance baby balance, gimme a ring that makes me stronger but uglier (impossible to make this face look ugly mind you).

Increased speed but lower wisdom

Increased intelligence but lower dexterity

etc etc
Chuck Norris wears Jack Bauer pajamas.

deimos the noob said no

#12 Dark

Dark

Cronus ingame

• Members
  • 696 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 10:57 PM

if lowered the tridants bd to 25 or 26 and its poison chance id see that as a resonable weapon

#13 Perfection

Perfection
  • Members
  • 917 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 11:14 PM

prices to cheap, and rings with str and wiz mods for sale in shop? don't see that happening in a hurry
Pulsar, Gremlin or Old_Dog in game. (multi alt only)

#14 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 11:44 PM

Hmmm... not sure about the stat-boosting rings (multiple rings, and will devalue some rare items), the Amulet of Quicksilver (will make a Druid or Paladin exceptionally powerful), or the Jade Crown (will make the Shaman's Mask somewhat useless... that takes quite some skill and teamwork to acquire, the Jade Crown will only need patience!)

The Celestial Bow, unfortunately, exists as a staff-only weapon and so the name can't be used; sorry! Nonetheless, it makes an interesting Ranger version of the Cobalt Staff of the Winds, albeit weaker.

The Venomous Trident makes for an interesting alternative to the vamparic properties of the Cobalt Staff of the Winds and its alternatives... I quite like that one, although for 60 poison the base damage might have to be reduced a bit.

Dancing Boots... more armour for the warrior classes and Charisma for Pacifists (without the -1 Dexterity of the Boots of Time!) - may have been controversial when one pair appeared suddenly, but is a niceish item!

Arcane Bangle... haven't seen an intelligence-boosting bracelet yet, not sure if to say yay or nay or this one - would have to experiment to see its effects upon Mages.
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#15 menardi

menardi
  • Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 28 October 2005 - 12:05 AM

notice how everything here is 7.5m or more so it would be hard to get of course it would make the rich more powerful, but maybe there should be no option of selling it to shop so if you want it its permenant i know if these items came out i would be getting them :(
Electron/Excuse in game~~ÐÎVΧÎØÑ

David
ØWÑÅG£

#16 Thunderja

Thunderja

Desperate Housewives #1

• Members
  • 1782 posts

Posted 28 October 2005 - 01:14 AM

Haha let the rich play with new toys! Supported hot stuff.
I wouldn't mind stabbing you in the face, if that's cool with you?

#17 Gunshow

Gunshow
  • Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 28 October 2005 - 01:18 AM

I will support it if you let me use a ring when ya get one! :(

#18 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5239 posts

Posted 28 October 2005 - 02:57 AM

I had suggested some type of stat mod ring that would be one-equipable.
If the rings had some special thing that made it to where each character could only equip one (stat mod ring--not one of each or something like that---or I would be against more than just 1 total mod ring).

If the stat-mod rings were kept limited in equipablity, I'd approve, though that doesn't mean anything technically.
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#19 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 28 October 2005 - 08:51 AM

Hmmm... not sure about the stat-boosting rings (multiple rings, and will devalue some rare items), the Amulet of Quicksilver (will make a Druid or Paladin exceptionally powerful), or the Jade Crown (will make the Shaman's Mask somewhat useless... that takes quite some skill and teamwork to acquire, the Jade Crown will only need patience!)

The Celestial Bow, unfortunately, exists as a staff-only weapon and so the name can't be used; sorry!  Nonetheless, it makes an interesting Ranger version of the Cobalt Staff of the Winds, albeit weaker. 

The Venomous Trident makes for an interesting alternative to the vamparic properties of  the Cobalt Staff of the Winds and its alternatives... I quite like that one, although for 60 poison the base damage might have to be reduced a bit.

Dancing Boots... more armour for the warrior classes and Charisma for Pacifists (without the -1 Dexterity of the Boots of Time!) - may have been controversial when one pair appeared suddenly, but is a niceish item!

Arcane Bangle... haven't seen an intelligence-boosting bracelet yet, not sure if to say yay or nay or this one - would have to experiment to see its effects upon Mages.

Fine just make Jade Crown so paci's can't use it, i never liked that class anyways, why should they get my nice stuff :ph34r:

Celestial Bow, pfft just edit the weapon, i'm sure JLH is capable...

Venomous Trident...60 damage every 3 rounds isn't THAT much, and the three classes that can equip it are under-used and under-powered anyway :ph34r:

And as for people saying they are too cheap, sets of rings from here will cost anything from 44 to 56 mil...if you can get that much gold i reckon you deserve to be able to get something better than just a bunch of cobalts to put on zerks :(

Oh and the balance thing, well who wants a ring that makes them look uglier? Not me sunshine, so no negative mods here! :ph34r:

Edit: Just had a thought (!) - 4 of those nice rings might just about stop a mage from rounding your arch ranger, but then mage can grab a couple of bangles and waste ya :ph34r: Anything in the name of progress :ph34r:

AND finally, the whole questies thing...mostly they are currently owned by 3 or 4 people who basically don't play but won't sell...the only questies i have really devalued are the Christmas rings, owned by me/jared...couple others have but that ryan/joel person has like 4 and doesn't play...and greaves of elusiveness, which are mine! :ph34r:

Edited by Raylen, 28 October 2005 - 08:58 AM.

#20 Perfection

Perfection
  • Members
  • 917 posts

Posted 28 October 2005 - 09:06 AM

And as for people saying they are too cheap, sets of rings from here will cost anything from 44 to 56 mil...if you can get that much gold i reckon you deserve to be able to get something better than just a bunch of cobalts to put on zerks :(

scroll of devestate is priced lot more and would not make as much difference as 4 int ring .. 4 wiz rings would put elfs up to a posible 27 wisdom makeing clerics heal for over 150 *shrugs* IF any items like this were to be added i think they should cost a lot more

#21 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 28 October 2005 - 09:11 AM

Devastate is just a joke item lol. And what's wrong with healing for 150...it's more unbalancing when you put them on elf druid with other wis mods and start rounding things off with stormwrath, but then i always did like druids :ph34r:

Edit: Fine just double the price of everything, happy now? :(

Edited by Raylen, 28 October 2005 - 09:12 AM.

#22 Thunderja

Thunderja

Desperate Housewives #1

• Members
  • 1782 posts

Posted 28 October 2005 - 09:52 AM

Alan is 50% of the best Nightmist combo of all time, don't even question his suggestion just put it into the mooseing game morons, he knows his nuts.

We have taken so much from this game don't you think we should be allowed to give something back?
I wouldn't mind stabbing you in the face, if that's cool with you?

#23 Äññöÿäñcë

Äññöÿäñcë
  • Members
  • 2132 posts

Posted 28 October 2005 - 11:03 AM

Wurd. And why don't we have questies anymore >.<
Disaster ingame.

#24 Perfection

Perfection
  • Members
  • 917 posts

Posted 28 October 2005 - 11:25 AM

Alan is 50% of the best Nightmist combo of all time, don't even question his suggestion just put it into the mooseing game morons, he knows his nuts.

We have taken so much from this game don't you think we should be allowed to give something back?

he knows what he wants like everyone else

#25 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 28 October 2005 - 12:06 PM

Devastate is just a joke item lol. And what's wrong with healing for 150...it's more unbalancing when you put them on elf druid with other wis mods and start rounding things off with stormwrath, but then i always did like druids :ph34r:

Edit: Fine just double the price of everything, happy now? :(

Increasing Wisdom by one point increases the healing power of Aid for Clerics by 2.5 points, so 4 Wisdom rings would increase Aid's power by 10. Divine Restoration (don't know the exact formula) would climb even higher.
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#26 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 28 October 2005 - 12:09 PM

Heh. Bear in mind i don't actually HAVE any money, so it's not as if i would even benefit really. I'm just doing this to make the game cool again :(

#27 Boys Night Out

Boys Night Out
  • Members
  • 1059 posts

Posted 28 October 2005 - 07:58 PM

lol, if all that got put in game, i would attempt to sell ALL my crits just to do Lewis' idea :(

24 21 22 18 19 23 = OWNAGE!
Tread lightly, as you tread on my dreams...

Hansol ingame

#28 Final Universe

Final Universe
  • Members
  • 549 posts

Posted 28 October 2005 - 09:55 PM

NOT SUPPORTED.

There are about 500 billion post about new items entering game shouldnt make the old ones obselete(sp). Im sure I could find one from most of the people that support this idea. The fact is, this would be a great idea in NM2. However in NM1 this would eventually cause a even bigger problem for new players to come into the game. Keep in mind that new players are really what keep nightmist running because if no new players started playing then once the old one leaves the game would be over. Lets not even start about considering how the rich players would CONTROL all the events and it would be impossible for anyone that doesnt have a 20-30-40+ mil account to be a competitor.

If you notice that there are probably close to 10 sob's/tb's if not more ALREADY ingame. This is a example of how 100mil came from the closets that most people dont know about. Believe it or not there would probably be a character decked out with all the above equipment within the first 1-2 months of them entering game.
Brutus of Compton.
copywright ggthxbai co.

11-28-2005 00:31:20 Paralyze Pages You from (Hidden): young yosha in da makin

#29 Prophet

Prophet
  • Members
  • 1772 posts

Posted 29 October 2005 - 05:44 PM

What is this crap about making items obsolete? I'm sorry but I don't have 13mill lieing around just to buy a better weapon. Alot of people still use halberds on Zerkers and Fighters, even though there is BoT for both of them and a Sov Sword for fighters. Just because it is better than another item does not mean everyone is suddenly going to have them. Anyone that is willing to put 50mill into a crit should be able to at least round one thing off. Alternatively they could put it into 20 Zerks with BoT's and round off 20 things, all its allowing them to do is equip up there crit. As for events even if you did fully deck out your crit with these items chances are your gonna get NS'd by someone so I hardly think that they would dominate events.

You have to look in perpective at these things, yes it may allow for some uber crit, but this game has built up such that 1 crit can't take down an entire party(with the exception of the chronos traps :()

It seems to me imo that some of you have the impression that all of a sudden a party with 24 21 22 18 19 23 stats is going to appear, but its not at most someone will spend up most of there account to deck out 1 characters possibly 2, it'll be a VERY long time before anyone could get a large amount of crits with those equips, and by this time you'll all have your chance to get there anyway.
Si Senior!

#30 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 11:36 AM

Nightmare is a Male Halfling Archmaster Ranger. He look extremely strong, very wise, extremely fast, and very sexy. In one had he holds a Celestial Bow, which glows with a magical aura, the other a Spiked Shield. He is wearing a Sand Wurm Hide, and a Helm of Triumph protects his head. Around his neck sits an Amulet of Quicksilver. He has an Arcane Bangle and an Arcane Bangle around his wrists. He is wearing a Ring of Thunder, Magma Ring, Magma Ring, Magma Ring and Gauntlets of Virtue on his hands. His feet are protected by Dancing Boots.

HOW can you say this is a bad idea!! lol :(

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users