Pking And A Day Of Respite

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Arah

Arah
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 06:07 PM

I had an idea...For the newcomer, pking can be quite demoralizing. How about 1 day or a few hours in one day where pking is offlimits? Anyone breaking that set day or time could be daybanned or somesuch? Just a thought I wanted to throw out there =)

#2 Äññöÿäñcë

Äññöÿäñcë
  • Members
  • 2132 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 06:11 PM

There is the rule that you cannot be touched by other players until you are level 3 +, but I agree with this idea. It takes what, 3 minutes, to get too level 3, then after that you are pked.

I like the idea when your game time gets to an hour you can be pked, before then you are not allowed to be hit. Maybe less than an hour, maybe 10 minutes, I don't care to be honest.

I promise to stop doing unnatural things to cats.

Edited by Trevayne, 08 March 2006 - 08:07 PM.

Disaster ingame.

#3 Boys Night Out

Boys Night Out
  • Members
  • 1059 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 07:18 PM

Yeah, thats reasonalble. I reckon i can get to lvl 30 in an hour... =\

Stop trying to pick faults and improve them. Pking has been the way it has been for years. and it shall stay the way it is. Dont like it, go play runescape.
Tread lightly, as you tread on my dreams...

Hansol ingame

#4 Final Universe

Final Universe
  • Members
  • 549 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 07:55 PM

"Or perhaps you are a being of the shadows, vowing to wreak unearthly affliction on those unfortunate souls who dare cross your path."

Aquote from the VERY first page you see when you open the nightmist website.
Brutus of Compton.
copywright ggthxbai co.

11-28-2005 00:31:20 Paralyze Pages You from (Hidden): young yosha in da makin

#5 Arah

Arah
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 11:23 PM

Heh, for those unable to understand my point...What I am saying is since I have been here, which is not long at all, I have seen many lvl 6 and under leave. What I am suggesting to those who are open to a suggestion is to let them get a chance to get there feet wet and fall in love with the game.

#6 Dark

Dark

Cronus ingame

• Members
  • 696 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 11:54 PM

Heh, for those unable to understand my point...What I am saying is since I have been here, which is not long at all, I have seen many lvl 6 and under leave. What I am suggesting to those who are open to a suggestion is to let them get a chance to get there feet wet and fall in love with the game.

People don't want that, they want be nasty and put players down and make it hard for them to ever get far in game, as sad as it is, it's the way it has been for a while suppose you just need to adjust.

#7 Stigmata

Stigmata
  • Members
  • 671 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 12:33 AM

Stop trying to pick faults and improve them.

LOL
Ste - Pengant - Stigmata

#8 Perfection

Perfection
  • Members
  • 917 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 03:27 AM

just be glad there is now level limits in places, once there was no restrictions a level 30 character could pk a level 1 .. at least now players have to be with in 10 levels or above level 5
Pulsar, Gremlin or Old_Dog in game. (multi alt only)

#9 kuniva

kuniva
  • Members
  • 870 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 03:34 AM

not supported, because when i first came to this game, i got pked all the time, why make it easy for new people? Wasnt easy for me.Everyone that plays this game, was pked at one time or another. The people that can take that part of the game, are still here.

#10 combusta

combusta
  • Members
  • 1185 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 04:09 AM

less pking now than there was b4 lol b happy

ah the intelligence of combusta, the envy of all nightmist players...

o shut up tony

#11 newb2

newb2
  • Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 04:59 AM

I have to disagree.

heh

#12 deadman

deadman
  • Members
  • 2395 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 05:03 AM

They have a lvl limit now that you have to be within 10 levels of the person you are trying to pk. That is more than enough of a break time, and also you have to be level 5 or over to be pked. Pking is part of the game always has been, there is nothing that will change that. You have to learn spots that people do not pk in as much and utilize them.
Contact Unforgiven on 1a.

#13 MysticStorm

MysticStorm
  • Members
  • 492 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 05:25 AM

I do have to agree with the others. The level you can start being pk'ed at is level 5. (which I know, only takes 5-10 minutes to reach so that sucks) but after that, a person has to be within 10 levels to pk you. I know that sorta sucks, but it's the best that there is. I had to go through it as a newb and even have to go through it now when I get a new crit and have to train it. But I don't mind it. And being pk'ed is just one of the basis of getting your feet wet.

Dang, my bad.. guess I should stop reading posts when I wake up lol

Edited by MysticStorm, 09 March 2006 - 11:09 AM.

#14 Jarin Deshoul

Jarin Deshoul
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 06:14 AM

"Or perhaps you are a being of the shadows, vowing to wreak unearthly affliction on those unfortunate souls who dare cross your path."

Our clan description doesn't say that. It never did. It says " Everything lurks into the shadows.. Care to come and play?" It has never said that either because before that it was "Mysticstorm has a beautiful arse." which i didn't put but an old founder did and I finally got sick of it being there lol. Either way, far from what was stating here in this thread.

I think he was referring to the description of the game on the main page of the nightmist site, not the mysticshadows clan description. Just a clear-up.

#15 speedy

speedy
  • Members
  • 597 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 07:01 AM

dont worry there will be more pkin once i get dsl again ;)

I think all classes appart from pacifists should be removed, then we can all be hippies and play nice together

Inappropriate Avatar - Crane

#16 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 09:41 AM

Or, just find places where pkers don't go. If you insist on training in the forest/sewers/south of nm - you'll get killed. However, in my experience, if you wander down to the Gnoll Fort...you'll most likely be fine :wub:

Get Joe to take you ;)
+1 post count ggpwnedkthxbai

it's plausible that the SOB hasn't spawned

¯¨:·»Gently spamming the forum since 2003«·:¨¯

#17 fallen

fallen
  • Members
  • 1011 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 11:23 AM

not supported pking rules
we will pass judgement on the day of your doom

#18 Momba

Momba
  • Members
  • 670 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 11:55 AM

Remove the level cap for PK's so I can show this guy how easy he truely has it.
My inner child is a mean little f*ucker

#19 fallen

fallen
  • Members
  • 1011 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 12:04 PM

I have to disagree.

what he said was a very true statement deffintly less pking 10 fold

#20 Dark

Dark

Cronus ingame

• Members
  • 696 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 12:34 PM

I have to disagree.

I wouldnt be suprised, map size has increased by alot.

#21 MysticStorm

MysticStorm
  • Members
  • 492 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 03:26 PM

Not true.. just because the world of NM has gotten bigger doesn't mean nothing. Just more places to pk. And from what I hear... because Tirantek is such a hassle to get to, no one has the balls to pk up there anyways. So the pk'ing has pretty much became yesterday's game that really no one is interested much anymore.

#22 Dark

Dark

Cronus ingame

• Members
  • 696 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 04:24 PM

Not true.. just because the world of NM has gotten bigger doesn't mean nothing. Just more places to pk. And from what I hear... because Tirantek is such a hassle to get to, no one has the balls to pk up there anyways. So the pk'ing has pretty much became yesterday's game that really no one is interested much anymore.

Pking hasnt decrease but the time you can train before you are pkd has increased by alot. Either way pking isnt as bad as it seemed before just drop subject and accept it.

#23 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 04:49 PM

To rephrase - no-one really pks PROPERLY anymore. Like I pk sometimes on Insight, lvl 20 fighter, just for a laugh. But I don't think many/any people keep checkers on each floor of the zeum and go kill anyone who trains there, not anymore...might be wrong though lol.

Often I wander round trying to get shady 1-alt pks on chiquita too, thats good fun lol, wasted a party of 5 experts not so long ago in sewers :wub:

And as for Tirantek, Joe and Sergei once pked my druid in Kiaransalee's Challenge :wub:

So in conclusion, pking is cool, just be happy when you actually get a good fight, because it seems to maybe be a dying art ;)

#24 newb2

newb2
  • Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 05:36 PM

I have to disagree.

As compared to when?

heh

#25 kuniva

kuniva
  • Members
  • 870 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 08:09 PM

/t raylen lolz, blast you insight!! ./who jaggid, only one pk on it and it goes to you./clap

#26 Roidhun

Roidhun
  • Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 09:39 PM

People don't want that, they want be nasty and put players down and make it hard for them to ever get far in game, as sad as it is, it's the way it has been for a while suppose you just need to adjust.

Which is why I devote my spare time to other games and suggestions for DS ;)
Every country has an army... Either its own or somebody else's
No crits ingame atm...

#27 EvilDognapot

EvilDognapot
  • Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 10 March 2006 - 03:48 AM

if it weren't for pking this would be an attendance contest. suck it up.
Evil report carries further than any applause

#28 Cruxis

Cruxis
  • Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 10 March 2006 - 04:27 AM

was more pking when I played for sure, used to pk everywhere, you wouldnt of been safe at gnoll fort either, sorry alan ;)

#29 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 10 March 2006 - 09:21 AM

/t raylen lolz, blast you insight!! ./who jaggid, only one pk on it and it goes to you./clap

gg ;)

Also, yeah I remember back when Gnoll Fort wasn't safe...I sometimes wander down there too, but there's never anyone to kill :wub:

#30 fallen

fallen
  • Members
  • 1011 posts

Posted 10 March 2006 - 11:00 AM

I have to disagree.

As compared to when?

AS compaired to NM in its prime when there was always over a hundred players on .... and heated battles over ever sqaure inch of the map. The amount of times I have pk'd and been pk'd at the bandit leader would make some plps head spin. It has decreased cause the popuation has, it would be nothing before to jump on some crits and just randomly run around and find tons of pk's thats just not the case anymore.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users