• This topic is locked This topic is locked
52 replies to this topic

#1 Shaginator

Shaginator

Criff

• Members
  • 1668 posts

Posted 14 January 2006 - 07:06 PM

Just an idea. I know alot of players/staff may not like it because it will require a little extra work but just wanted to get some feedback....

It would be nice to have a thread pinned somewhere that could only be altered my staff or a forum admin. In this thread would be the name of known thieves and a few of there main alts/aliases. Ideas would be submitted by personal message to a forum name or maybe another idea that you all may be able to contribute. A thread like this that could only be modified by a staff member or a forum admin would save alot of the normal flaming garbage that clogs these forums. Now I am aware that this would require quite a bit of work for whomever might decide to take on this task, as thieves are known to swtch mains and buy/sell alts frequently. Despite that I think it would be a worthwhile contribution to the game AND the forums. I dont know if this has been suggested before or not. Please feel free to comment or make suggestions but it would be nice if we could do so in a manner that didnt involve the flaming of myself or others :(
Overthrow/Redemption - 1a

Existance - Main

#2 Sneaky

Sneaky
  • Members
  • 2372 posts

Posted 14 January 2006 - 07:07 PM

name change?
Chuck Norris wears Jack Bauer pajamas.

deimos the noob said no

#3 JLH

JLH

Administrator

• Admin
  • 1771 posts

Posted 14 January 2006 - 07:14 PM

and what about the:
it was my brother on my account "defense"...
Anything i post on here is subject to change at any time without notification to the board.

#4 Shaginator

Shaginator

Criff

• Members
  • 1668 posts

Posted 14 January 2006 - 07:18 PM

dont share with your brother?

edit : if your brother had access to your account to steal once, he will most likely get it again. therefore, you are a thief to.

DONT SHARE

Edited by Shaginator, 14 January 2006 - 07:19 PM.

Existance - Main

#5 Boys Night Out

Boys Night Out
  • Members
  • 1059 posts

Posted 14 January 2006 - 07:20 PM

Firstly... Stop being stupid and you wont have your stuff stolen.

Secondly. Stop concentrating on theives and play the game a little more. Giving them attention surely is playing into there hands?

Thirdly. i dont think JLH cares enough to even consider this.
Tread lightly, as you tread on my dreams...

Hansol ingame

#6 Shaginator

Shaginator

Criff

• Members
  • 1668 posts

Posted 14 January 2006 - 07:22 PM

and about the name change thing, if making this thread causes dumb thieves to spend 100k on name changes then so be it. either way just because someone changes a name on a crit doesnt mean that they dont tell all there friends hey this is my new name. If thieves didnt have friends, then they couldnt steal correct? So word will get out about there new name and post can be edited. Like I said, its a little bit of a pain in the ass but I feel it would be worth it.

Existance - Main

#7 Boys Night Out

Boys Night Out
  • Members
  • 1059 posts

Posted 14 January 2006 - 07:27 PM

Answer me this. Has anyone been stolen from since JLH dettered thieves from stealing since "un-named" got banned for a week or two? aswell as everything being returned the the thief of an owner himself?

Basically... no stealing is gonna take place from now on unless they're stupid enough to think they can get away with it... just stop trying to create a solution when it's already happened... You're just dumb enough to not realize...

You're trying to create un needed work... and people already know who the "thieves" are...

Hansol ingame

#8 Lappa

Lappa
  • Members
  • 598 posts

Posted 14 January 2006 - 07:46 PM

jlh actually allows stealing if u shared for over 7 days, for example, blake was in my acct for a month, had a arch ling cleric that i GAVE him and lil stuff he earned, yet jlh let him walk with 37m in items, 47m if u count dylans cobalt as well... and i was the one that got banned to give it back when i took it back... funnnnnnnny..... so yeh jlh's deterrant is garbage. he doesnt support sharing, so dont share i spose :/ either that or realize after 7 days everything in the acct is free for all...
-Lappa or Woodstock-

Property of Jessica

#9 Boys Night Out

Boys Night Out
  • Members
  • 1059 posts

Posted 14 January 2006 - 08:09 PM

lol... and now you've told thieves how to steal... *claps*

Hansol ingame

#10 Shaginator

Shaginator

Criff

• Members
  • 1668 posts

Posted 14 January 2006 - 09:09 PM

Answer me this. Has anyone been stolen from since JLH dettered thieves from stealing since "un-named" got banned for a week or two? aswell as everything being returned the the thief of an owner himself?

Basically... no stealing is gonna take place from now on unless they're stupid enough to think they can get away with it... just stop trying to create a solution when it's already happened... You're just dumb enough to not realize...

You're trying to create un needed work... and people already know who the "thieves" are...

You really dont make alot of sense for someone who calls people dumb all the time. Hell im suprised you ever even made it in the clan you are in. Your a thief yourself.

Existance - Main

#11 Shaginator

Shaginator

Criff

• Members
  • 1668 posts

Posted 14 January 2006 - 09:10 PM

and if someone would go ahead and delete or lock this it would be nice, its just gonna turn into a flaming war.

Existance - Main

#12 Pureza

Pureza

It's 4:20, do you know where your papers are???

• Members
  • 1858 posts

Posted 14 January 2006 - 09:19 PM

Actually I think this is a pretty decent Idea, and yes it would be a pain in the backside for whomever JLH would determine as teh forum moderator. Cliff's right, not everyone knows who ALL the thieves are, everyone knows a few of them. Jon, Blake, Ed and a few others are the only ones that I can think of. And as for the "It was my brother" defense, just IP ban that comp for an indeterminate period of time.
Jaded ingame.

#13 Thunderja

Thunderja

Desperate Housewives #1

• Members
  • 1782 posts

Posted 14 January 2006 - 09:24 PM

I'm all for it like a dynamic fox in mating season. People sinking low enough to steal or rip someone off on a text based game is so mooseing amusing. Let me know their names so I can laugh and taunt until my heart is content. losers.

Dynamic idea, supported!

Edited by Thunderja, 14 January 2006 - 09:30 PM.

I wouldn't mind stabbing you in the face, if that's cool with you?

#14 Vodka

Vodka
  • Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 14 January 2006 - 09:42 PM

Uh, you guys didn't have to name names of who has stolen before on this thread.

I do believe this thread was created for support/ideas on a sticky thread so players aren't allowed to comment and turn it into a bashing war. Save that for in game. ;s

Yes, I'm all for supporting it. It should be known to everyone on who the thieves are.

Just wondering... if this were to be made... if past thieves would be added to the list as well? Or is it just from now on?
When you do something right nobody remembers, but when you do something wrong nobody forgets.

Hump in game.

#15 Roidhun

Roidhun
  • Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 15 January 2006 - 01:09 AM

Going by your own sig it should be all - past and present of course...
Every country has an army... Either its own or somebody else's
No crits ingame atm...

#16 Thunderja

Thunderja

Desperate Housewives #1

• Members
  • 1782 posts

Posted 15 January 2006 - 01:11 AM

Shut your trap and get naked Bjarne! Then log on your alts, get me ingame and get an invite to my dynamic clan of foxes!

Edited by Thunderja, 15 January 2006 - 01:11 AM.

#17 Boys Night Out

Boys Night Out
  • Members
  • 1059 posts

Posted 15 January 2006 - 02:17 AM

I'm in the clan i'm in for very special reasons.

My personal reason being that they needed a role model...

other than that.. I'm just cool.. Unlike you

Hansol ingame

#18 Sneaky

Sneaky
  • Members
  • 2372 posts

Posted 15 January 2006 - 02:24 AM

They need a role model for what, someone that steals that they can look up to? someone thats friends with a major thief?

If anyone's a role model in that clan it's Jared :(

deimos the noob said no

#19 Boys Night Out

Boys Night Out
  • Members
  • 1059 posts

Posted 15 January 2006 - 02:27 AM

lol.. i'd like to see you get invited to the clan :(

That would make my day :ph34r:

REALLY...

Seeing as you're smart enough to know i'm being truely serious...

maybe you'll consider this?

Hansol ingame

#20 Boys Night Out

Boys Night Out
  • Members
  • 1059 posts

Posted 15 January 2006 - 02:28 AM

as for me being a thief....

OMG. you're the thief.

Hansol ingame

#21 Sneaky

Sneaky
  • Members
  • 2372 posts

Posted 15 January 2006 - 03:20 AM

I think if I wanted to be in Desperate Housewives I would.... people can't handle jared and I in the same clan. It's just too much.

deimos the noob said no

#22 <Dio>

<Dio>
  • Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 15 January 2006 - 06:16 AM

Pointing out something: Thunderja says anyone who steals on a text-based game is pathetic? something along those lines /t thunderja anyone who taunts people on a text-based game is even more pathetic

#23 Sneaky

Sneaky
  • Members
  • 2372 posts

Posted 15 January 2006 - 06:21 AM

Not really...taunting isn't nearly as bad as stealing. He's making fun of someone, sure it hurts peoples feelings but what culture doesn't poke a little fun at someone else's expense?

Not saying I'm Thunderja, but...nightmist is a game. You usually play a game to win it. If you have to win a game by stealing like a kleptomanical fox, then you are pathetic.

deimos the noob said no

#24 Thunderja

Thunderja

Desperate Housewives #1

• Members
  • 1782 posts

Posted 15 January 2006 - 07:10 AM

Pathetic..... LIKE A FOX!

See where you're coming from but I have to disagree. I for one play the game how it was meant to be played and am both respected and trusted from doing so.

What I'm trying to say is I can do what I want and still wont stink of nuts, like a dynamic honest fox!

Anyway back to the original idea. Supported! Will not be put in though but if you come across a thief ingame please contact me with the circumstances.... just for peace-of-mind.

:( Mikey for coming to my defence.

Edited by Thunderja, 15 January 2006 - 07:24 AM.

#25 Pandilex

Pandilex

Administrator

• Admin
  • 568 posts

Posted 15 January 2006 - 12:01 PM

Okay, here's a list of thieves:

Everyone

Good, that should clear it up. Be sure not to share with ANYONE.
If you build it, they will come.

#26 Äññöÿäñcë

Äññöÿäñcë
  • Members
  • 2132 posts

Posted 15 January 2006 - 12:01 PM

:( What did you steal ? MY VIRGINITY? *Cries himself too sleep*

I feel spethal because I posted after uber simon-ness.
Disaster ingame.

#27 Boys Night Out

Boys Night Out
  • Members
  • 1059 posts

Posted 15 January 2006 - 12:15 PM

Even the summer sweats around you.

let the bullet push around you.

Put your slippers on instead, put your slippers on instead, put your slippers on instad, AND LIVE FOREVER!!!!!!

(TO SNEAKY) i hope you know you will never have the respect on game to even come close to jared. Jared owns you... and if you were in the clan. I'd happily talk to you :(

Hansol ingame

#28 Sneaky

Sneaky
  • Members
  • 2372 posts

Posted 15 January 2006 - 01:56 PM

To each his own, Jared has loads of respect from many people, and others respect me too. I'm not trying to compare, I'll be the first to admit that I am a compelete douchebag jackass to people I don't like. People I don't like? Thieves. If it means losing the respect of those thieves (which I don't care) and some other people, ehhh... so? It's just a game.

I get plenty of respect irl, and I'm a really nice guy. I get out the douche side of my personality to the people in this game.

deimos the noob said no

#29 MysticStorm

MysticStorm
  • Members
  • 492 posts

Posted 15 January 2006 - 02:02 PM

Know 2 people that have gotten jacked already since the determent. Don't know the exact specifics. Anyways, I support this idea 100%! I don't buy the whole "I share with my brother" bs either.

#30 deadman

deadman
  • Members
  • 2395 posts

Posted 15 January 2006 - 02:24 PM

support the idea and also support the perm banning of all thieves because they should not be able to play a game if they have to steal other people's hard work so they can brag and think they the man
Contact Unforgiven on 1a.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users