Halo 2

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 busta_newb

busta_newb
  • Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 30 December 2004 - 06:56 PM

just seeing who plays, and if you play on xbox live..
when post put some of your favorites like best weapon combo.
what weapons are your favorite and your favorite lvls.

#2 Rappy_Ninja

Rappy_Ninja
  • Members
  • 2923 posts

Posted 30 December 2004 - 08:17 PM

rofl I am the best nm halo 2 player
Page/Memo Beatrix

#3 busta_newb

busta_newb
  • Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 30 December 2004 - 08:38 PM

lol

#4 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 30 December 2004 - 08:54 PM

Plasma Rifle in one hand (drain their shields and slow them down) and SMG in the other to help with the shields and get the kill shots in (Pistol works in place of SMG but it doesn't fire enough rounds fast enough and I'm always stuck with the 800 lbs controller and can't aim).

Plasma Pistol is useless and the Needler just isn't strong enough (the only time you can really kill anyone with it is if they're not paying attention and their running is pretty much linear - though it's useful to shoot around corners)

Shotgun is ace and I prefer it over the Sword just for range issues (plus, I can weave and shoot where the Energy Swords needs you to run at them in a straight line to get the Hit KO).

If I run into a Human Sniper Rifle, I'll pick that up right away even though I'm not that good of a shot (I'm not a big fan of the Covenant Sniper Rifle because it isn't as strong, the aiming is sort of off and you can get maybe two consecutive shots before it overheats)

I find Banshees pretty useless and tanks just aren't my style - I prefer Ghosts over all vehicles for firepower, mobility and speed.

Ascension, Zanzibar and Lock-out (Outpost? The map that has like 4 towers and a central platform and if you jump off, you die) are really good maps. But, of course, Coagulation gets my vote because it's Blood Gultch with a little make-over.
Posted Image

#5 busta_newb

busta_newb
  • Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 30 December 2004 - 09:13 PM

thank you thats exactly what im talking about... if you didn't understand what my original post wanted just read squee's...

personally i like double needlers, even though i do agree with it being hard to hit enemies,

or a smg with a plasma rifle, it wearing down there shields and blowing them away.

sword's are nice for finding out secrets and for the arbiter but with the spartan it is hard to use because of not being able to become invisible...

i havent played all the multiplayer maps and the ones i do like i can't remember there name(i pick my lvls by there pic not by name :unsure:)

#6 Marko_Polo_Jr

Marko_Polo_Jr
  • Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 31 December 2004 - 02:02 AM

Plasma Rifle in one hand (drain their shields and slow them down) and SMG in the other to help with the shields and get the kill shots in (Pistol works in place of SMG but it doesn't fire enough rounds fast enough and I'm always stuck with the 800 lbs controller and can't aim).

Plasma Pistol is useless and the Needler just isn't strong enough (the only time you can really kill anyone with it is if they're not paying attention and their running is pretty much linear - though it's useful to shoot around corners)

Shotgun is ace and I prefer it over the Sword just for range issues (plus, I can weave and shoot where the Energy Swords needs you to run at them in a straight line to get the Hit KO).

If I run into a Human Sniper Rifle, I'll pick that up right away even though I'm not that good of a shot (I'm not a big fan of the Covenant Sniper Rifle because it isn't as strong, the aiming is sort of off and you can get maybe two consecutive shots before it overheats)

I find Banshees pretty useless and tanks just aren't my style - I prefer Ghosts over all vehicles for firepower, mobility and speed.

Ascension, Zanzibar and Lock-out (Outpost? The map that has like 4 towers and a central platform and if you jump off, you die) are really good maps. But, of course, Coagulation gets my vote because it's Blood Gultch with a little make-over.

I agree with everything you said Squee.

#7 Bubba

Bubba
  • Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 31 December 2004 - 06:16 AM

I play Halo2? Since you asked? MY best Combo that im good with, is that Green Light Thingy.... And a Magnum.... Or Dual Magnums... I own with Dual Magnums. Ive only played X-Box Live once. I sniped the snot out of people before they even knew where i was. Har, Gotta love Ascention with them towers.
Yeah Thats Right... Im Bubba... The Drunk Redneck... The Man You Meet In Prison... The Pimp On The Streets Of L.A.

#8 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 31 December 2004 - 04:36 PM

Green Light Thingy

Sweet merciful crap. That gun is useless. If I waste that entire battery on you, it'll still be less damage than me throwing the gun at you.

(Even if you charge it up, it'll take about a third of their shield away. Then, using Magnum shots [if they hit in the chest or head], it'll take almost your entire clip to take them down and either way, you'll have to reload for a measly...what? 12 shots?)

Edit: And with the time it takes the gun to cool off, you might as well serve your head on a silver platter.

Edited by Squee, 31 December 2004 - 04:37 PM.

Posted Image

#9 PureMourning

PureMourning
  • Members
  • 610 posts

Posted 31 December 2004 - 05:01 PM

Are you crazy Squee?

The plasma pistol is gr-eight if you know how to use it. All you do is build it up, run around, find target, and shoot them. The blast takes all of their shields down, then you literally can cap them once with a magnum, or just a quick tap of your other dueled-equipped weps.

I'm not sure how you're only getting 1/3. It's always been quick for me. Perhaps it has to do with range, I always rush and get close-range before I release the build-up).

Edited by PureMourning, 31 December 2004 - 05:02 PM.

Cogito, ergo sum; I think, therefore I am.

#10 busta_newb

busta_newb
  • Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 31 December 2004 - 05:03 PM

i personally found out that plasma pistols can kill ya if the person is running around you and you just cant move fast enough to see him...

but it does take a min.

#11 Perfector

Perfector
  • Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 31 December 2004 - 11:46 PM

plasma pistol is dope with a smg u can kill 3 before u have to reload a smg if your plasma hits them with full charge to knock thier shields down ... every weapon has its gives and takes but i still think the needler is crap unless your trying to kill someone after they drop you lol

btw all add H0STYL3 ... with a zero and a three instead of a o and a e....i have made a clan rob,ed ,me,alex are in so far

EDIT: and yes rappy is rather good lol

Edited by Perfector, 31 December 2004 - 11:47 PM.

#12 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 01 January 2005 - 12:06 AM

I know for a fact that it doesn't drain shields to zero. It did in Halo 1 (we called it the Shield Breaker) but not in Halo 2.
Posted Image

#13 two

two
  • Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 01 January 2005 - 05:08 AM

i dislike the alien sniper just due to the fact that i can only get two successive shots off, then it overheats. with the human one, i can unload double that without the guy knowing he has to move (and where tomove). hella useful for picking someone off if you see their back, ass, leg, whatnot.

best combo - rocket launcher + plasma sword.

i refuse to play xbox live because i dont have an xbox, and because online games are gay.

#14 PureMourning

PureMourning
  • Members
  • 610 posts

Posted 01 January 2005 - 06:58 PM

Rocket Launcher + Sword = Noob.
Cogito, ergo sum; I think, therefore I am.

#15 two

two
  • Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 01 January 2005 - 08:48 PM

ouch, my feelings.

#16 Sean

Sean
  • Members
  • 976 posts

Posted 01 January 2005 - 11:43 PM

Sword or Sniper owns all. If you cant get them settle for a rocket launcher. Or my personal favourite: Run them over with a ghost. Also i do play XBL and i love capture the flag or assualt on that place with the big field and 2 bases at each sides.
Stadic Ingame...

#17 Perfector

Perfector
  • Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 02 January 2005 - 03:26 AM

if you need more then 2 shots with a sniper to down someone then i suggest setting your sensitivity lower or jsut practicing with it more... a head shot is usually easy enough

#18 Bubba

Bubba
  • Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 02 January 2005 - 07:10 AM

I like killing people with the sniper rifle by shooting there guns when they try to hide. Killed like 6 people before someone snuck up behind me with a sword and fed me my anus. Also, shoot em with a plasma gun, and then get real close and beat em over the head with it, works great.
Yeah Thats Right... Im Bubba... The Drunk Redneck... The Man You Meet In Prison... The Pimp On The Streets Of L.A.

#19 Exodia

Exodia

Birr

• Members
  • 2265 posts

Posted 02 January 2005 - 08:52 AM

rappy is best nm player that plays halo yeh, but its always fun to play wit new ppl
Primex ingame

#20 Perfector

Perfector
  • Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 02 January 2005 - 09:32 AM

rappy is best nm player that plays halo yeh, but its always fun to play wit new ppl

i fully agree .....and the clan is rockin but if rappy joins we will own

#21 Sean

Sean
  • Members
  • 976 posts

Posted 03 January 2005 - 07:35 PM

It needs bots btw.

Edited by Sean, 03 January 2005 - 07:44 PM.

Stadic Ingame...

#22 busta_newb

busta_newb
  • Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 03 January 2005 - 07:53 PM

bots would rule!!

#23 fester919

fester919
  • Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 04 January 2005 - 08:56 AM

i prefer either sniper and shotgun or rocket launcher and shotgun :unsure:
Crits Helius
I am the old felicity, if i were on your friend add helius plz.

#24 Zelimos

Zelimos

DraigNET.com

• Members
  • 1049 posts

Posted 04 January 2005 - 03:06 PM

I play Halo and Halo CE for PC and Halo 2 for Xbox but i don't have Xbox live yet, and i need to buy a new copy of Halo 1 :unsure:

#25 Payne

Payne
  • Members
  • 816 posts

Posted 04 January 2005 - 04:25 PM

i disagree Sante From NM is better than him lol
Astinus on 1alt Only

#26 Tom

Tom
  • Members
  • 417 posts

Posted 04 January 2005 - 04:45 PM

1st slot:
battle rifle - nice range, and it is just a remodeled pistol from the first halo.
2nd slot:
then depending on how the level pans out sniper/shotty

frags are the better grenades

and zanzibar is the coolest level.
Feck Off

#27 Lifeless Void

Lifeless Void
  • Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 04 January 2005 - 05:56 PM

I'd pwn anyone anytime anywhere any condition at this game, clearly you fools have no authority to challange my malice in this game. BWHAHAHAHAHHAA
How the hell would I know?

#28 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 04 January 2005 - 08:55 PM

frags are the better grenades

They're easier to use... but you just don't get the satisfaction when you stick it to your friend's face mask, forcing them to watch it just before it explodes.
Posted Image

#29 Perfector

Perfector
  • Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 04 January 2005 - 09:05 PM

Word.

#30 §têålthÿ Kíllå

§têålthÿ Kíllå
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 January 2005 - 09:48 PM

I find the Plasma Pistol and a Magnum a great combo..Squee hit me ingame on PyroSniper..ill show ya how these work :unsure:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users