Photo

A Curious Choice

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

Poll: The future of Nightmist development, which would you prefer?

The future of Nightmist development, which would you prefer?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Pandilex

Pandilex

Administrator

• Admin
  • 568 posts

Posted 11 June 2005 - 05:38 PM

Take your pick.
If you build it, they will come.

#2 Simulation

Simulation
  • Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 11 June 2005 - 05:51 PM

No choice for a reset and leave it as it is?
«¤Mêad¤»*

#3 combusta

combusta
  • Members
  • 1185 posts

Posted 11 June 2005 - 05:52 PM

unfair, the ppl who quit and are waiting on NM2 will all vote for 2/3 so if u looking for this games input, ur not getting it rofl

ah the intelligence of combusta, the envy of all nightmist players...

o shut up tony

#4 Satterlee

Satterlee
  • Members
  • 449 posts

Reset, keep the game as it is.
I've seen more meds in my left nostril than you've seen in your life.

Poker in-game.

#5 Prophet

Prophet
  • Members
  • 1772 posts

Keep nightmist as it is, screw nm2!
Si Senior!

#6 Simulation

Simulation
  • Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 11 June 2005 - 05:53 PM

Keep nightmist as it is, screw nm2!

«¤Mêad¤»*

#7 Gèñúíñê Õút£ãw

Gèñúíñê Õút£ãw
  • Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 11 June 2005 - 05:54 PM

If we could clean up reg nm, and start develpement on it again, i'd rather have it than nm2.
To all the people ive offended, Yeah f*** you to. To all the friends I used to have, Yo! I miss my past, But the rest of you assholes can kiss my a**

#8 tool

tool
  • Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 11 June 2005 - 05:54 PM

if option "c" is chosen, will anarchy rule and no more bannings to be done?

#9 Stigmata

Stigmata
  • Members
  • 671 posts

Posted 11 June 2005 - 05:55 PM

I vote you forget nightmist and speed up the work on opal spheres! I can't wait for that game!
Ste - Pengant - Stigmata

#10 Àðìðàs

Àðìðàs
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 11 June 2005 - 05:55 PM

I think I'd rather base my decision twards playing nm2 or nm1 after I've try'd out Nm2. So how about a sample play? lol
Life is a war that you allways lose, because you allways end up dieing.

#11 Prophet

Prophet
  • Members
  • 1772 posts

Posted 11 June 2005 - 05:56 PM

lmao, opal spheres. I want nm to stay at is and keep it being updated with events and everything :\
Si Senior!

#12 alone

alone
  • Members
  • 2261 posts

Posted 11 June 2005 - 05:56 PM

Leave this version of Nightmist in the hands of a trusted person - Stotic perhaps? Not giving him code rights or anything, just allowing him (using Stotic as an example) full control over the admin processes of it. Giving him the right to hire and fire staff as he sees fit.

This'd give the players at least someone to look to for some problems, but allowing yourself and JLH the time to put into Nightmist2.

I see that as a better option than all above, but it's whether you'd be willing to grant him admin control over the game.
"Entertain yourself with my nightmares."
- AfterAll

Bunny!

#13 Simulation

Simulation
  • Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 11 June 2005 - 05:58 PM

Leave this version of Nightmist in the hands of a trusted person - Stotic perhaps? Not giving him code rights or anything, just allowing him (using Stotic as an example) full control over the admin processes of it. Giving him the right to hire and fire staff as he sees fit.

This'd give the players at least someone to look to for some problems, but allowing yourself and JLH the time to put into Nightmist2.

I see that as a better option than all above, but it's whether you'd be willing to grant him admin control over the game.

Very good idea, this I like. Perfect. All of this after a reset though.
«¤Mêad¤»*

#14 combusta

combusta
  • Members
  • 1185 posts

Posted 11 June 2005 - 05:58 PM

if we do that, i say we leave it in wes's hands, hes more of an overall staff person cuz he runs more events, thats just me tho, mayb both of them? anyway, good idea alone

ah the intelligence of combusta, the envy of all nightmist players...

o shut up tony

#15 Final Universe

Final Universe
  • Members
  • 549 posts

Posted 11 June 2005 - 05:59 PM

I voted for choice 1, I believe NM2 will be very slow and depending on cost to play the game not many people will play. How ever theres a number of people who quit and are waiting to play NM2. NM1 should be main priority because if NM1 a free version isnt fun for users what makes you think they will pay for a p2p version.
NM1>NM2 until NM2 starts rolling with many users then it should be equal or slightly leaning toward NM2. Either way KEEP THE EVENTS GOING mosh's/champs/triplex/prof those 4 things are what people live for on this game besides boss's/pking.
Brutus of Compton.
copywright ggthxbai co.

11-28-2005 00:31:20 Paralyze Pages You from (Hidden): young yosha in da makin

#16 Scripto

Scripto

~teh Scripto

• Game Staff
  • 1628 posts

*nod*
For every minute you remain angry, you give up sixty seconds of peace of mind.

Ingame:
Scripto (Staff)
Kannabis (Mortal)

#17 alone

alone
  • Members
  • 2261 posts

Who it'd be isn't for the players to decide. That's up to JLH and Pandilex. We don't need to mention all the people it could be. It's the idea we're looking at.
"Entertain yourself with my nightmares."
- AfterAll

Bunny!

#18 Satterlee

Satterlee
  • Members
  • 449 posts

Posted 11 June 2005 - 06:00 PM

Reset the current Nightmist, and focus equal attention to NM1 and NM2, the fact is, after a reset, most of the playerbase is going to wake up and notice that they have a new chance to compete with people can't pay real life money for merchandise anymore, we'll all have an equal chance.

Poker in-game.

#19 Sneaky

Sneaky
  • Members
  • 2372 posts

Posted 11 June 2005 - 06:01 PM

I chose option c. It's whats best for the future of nightmist.

However, I do feel this will deter many people-- "Why pay for the same shyt from nm?" I'm looking forward to nm2, where are you people don't share and actually will have to work for what you have. I guess there will still be some people that share, but hey... I personally think it would be smarter to feed my dog dollar bills rather than sharing a pay account with someone.

I think the overall player status of nightmist is just horrible now, there's very few to trust and even fewer that play the game just to play.
Chuck Norris wears Jack Bauer pajamas.

deimos the noob said no

#20 Simulation

Simulation
  • Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 11 June 2005 - 06:03 PM

Focusing equal attention to NM1 and 2 is a very bad idea, the production of NM2 will be very slow. People are always saying NM sucks, so a reset would get that out of their head becuase they then have to work, and then NM2 will be completed faster so people will be happy. Leave NM1 in the hands of Stotic, Wes, and maybe one regular, trusted player.
«¤Mêad¤»*

#21 Satterlee

Satterlee
  • Members
  • 449 posts

Posted 11 June 2005 - 06:07 PM

What I meant when I said to keep attention equally sorted for each NM1 and NM2, was to allow NM2 to be worked on, but to not forget about NM1 and keep it running successfully as well.

Poker in-game.

#22 JadedSoul

JadedSoul
  • Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 11 June 2005 - 06:15 PM

I chose option 3. I have been playing this version for 3+ years and have witnessed players that I thought had some decency turn out to be real big jerks. I believe that NM2 will help to weed out alot of the current problems, if it is not abandoned as this version has been. I know i will be trying it out, and I guess we will all just have to see.
I am whoever you think I am.

#23 shigogouhou

shigogouhou
  • Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 11 June 2005 - 06:28 PM

I voted option 1, but I would have voted for alone's choice of "Let someone else take care of NM while the ownership works on NM2" if it was available.
Give the leadership role to someone and let them run with it.

#24 Horny

Horny
  • Members
  • 442 posts

Posted 11 June 2005 - 06:31 PM

reset!
Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens, bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens

#25 Trevayne

Trevayne
  • Advisors
  • 1841 posts

Posted 11 June 2005 - 06:49 PM

If you completely abandon NM, you will lose some of your potential playerbase for NM2. The people who don't want anarchy, who want staff involvement... these are the people who are most likely to pay to play. If you abandon NM, these people will go find another p2p game and stick with that.

Alone's suggestion is a good one... divide the trusted staff that you have into two groups. One group stays to maintain NM, one group works on the development of NM2. If you feel you need new staff, hire them. One of the key principles that you learn in any major organizational or software development course is to give each person a single primary role. If you make them split their energy between two things, it is almost always a loss.
Aeryn and Trevayne in game.

#26 Prophet

Prophet
  • Members
  • 1772 posts

Posted 11 June 2005 - 06:51 PM

How does a reset solve anything? It will get to the same point again as it currently is at, but with a new set of players and the newbies once again not having a chance to compete as you put it.

A reset would also mean those people that had actually worked hard for there stuff wouild be totally discredited and all their hours of work wiped away and for what purpose seeming as it will get to the same point again.
Si Senior!

#27 Gèñúíñê Õút£ãw

Gèñúíñê Õút£ãw
  • Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 11 June 2005 - 06:52 PM

#1 for me plz!!! ^_^

If we buckled down of ANY kind of theft, the staff develped and made new areas items ect... then it nm would be far worth looking forward 2. Even maybe a restet.

On another note, even w/ a reset, its just as much the players resposibility to make the game better as the staffs. We need to have better attitudes and submit more item/place ideas. Maybe even a new race or class or 2 ^.^.

Shotgun/Cody In-Game
To all the people ive offended, Yeah f*** you to. To all the friends I used to have, Yo! I miss my past, But the rest of you assholes can kiss my a**

#28 Prophet

Prophet
  • Members
  • 1772 posts

Posted 11 June 2005 - 06:54 PM

Do you even understand what a reset is? If there were to be a reset new things wouldn't be added it would be the same map and same stuff as it is now, just that everyone was reduced to a restart. 6 months down the line we hit the same problem.
Si Senior!

#29 Jinco

Jinco
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 June 2005 - 07:09 PM

[QUOTE]On another note, even w/ a reset, its just as much the players resposibility to make the game better as the staffs. We need to have better attitudes and submit more item/place ideas. Maybe even a new race or class or 2 ^.^.

i agree with him all the way on that 1, if we stop worring about nm2 and inprove on nm there would be no problems. put all the time your putting into nm2 into nm1 and the game should/would exspand and the game we all know and love would get better and probably bring more ppl

but thats just my opinion

#30 jurian

jurian

YAY! Less Lag!

• Members
  • 1505 posts

Posted 11 June 2005 - 07:47 PM

it's been how long since i've posted here? 6 months? well anyway someone pointed out this thread to me and i am waiting for nm2 cuz then again maybe there is a small chance i will play again (jlh told me all my donations will be turned into credits for nm2 so i won't have to pay for the next 3 million years :D )

anyway, you all vote but you forget about one thing. how long would it take if you vote opt 1,2 or 3? would opt 3 mean a couple of months and option 1 mean a couple of years?

i voted option 2 just to be in the middle.

edit: btw rofl at your sig pandilex ^^ a beacon of neutrality, that's really funny. ^_^ my new avatar is specially for you btw :P yes you can feel special now :)

Edited by jurian, 11 June 2005 - 07:49 PM.

Even in death my hate will go on

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users