Transferring Gold

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 Da_J_Mooney

Da_J_Mooney
  • Members
  • 510 posts

Posted 09 March 2004 - 01:53 AM

I know most of you have had to log on alts to transfer gold to another one of your crits. Sometimes you even have to go from places from Silversail to Dendeya to give ur alts gold. Im not saying this is completely nessasary, but im saying its would be nice to be able to type /transfer 50000 gold/[alt/crit name] and have the money go straight to them instead of running all the way there and back to give ur crit gold... just a thought...
Aequitas In-Game

#2 Aidon

Aidon
  • Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 09 March 2004 - 01:55 AM

It would also be much easier and quicker to just press a button and be tp'ed there, why not that?

#3 Da_J_Mooney

Da_J_Mooney
  • Members
  • 510 posts

Posted 09 March 2004 - 01:58 AM

Yes, it would be easier, but not all of us have the power of staff do we? well i sayed just a thought, i just thought itd be easier then running around everywhere..
Aequitas In-Game

#4 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 09 March 2004 - 02:06 AM

You can purchase those...errr...things...gold bonds? Err...the name escapes me but you buy them for so much (like 5k or 25k) and then you can sell that item for its exact buying price. You can put these into your personal vault and open it with another crit.

Arg! The name of these things is on the tip my tongue but I can't quite remember it! >_<
Posted Image

#5 Da_J_Mooney

Da_J_Mooney
  • Members
  • 510 posts

Posted 09 March 2004 - 02:10 AM

Yes i no what you're talkin about (money orders), but then u still have to move, im not talkin about giveing gold to pacis, im talkin about crits about all the way across the map, i just thought it would be easier, this way you dont have to move anywhere. i no its not the best idea, but it was a thought and i and some friends had said its a good idea... o well... if you dont like it then say so... its not like im obsessed and i need it or sumthing, i just want it.
Aequitas In-Game

#6 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 09 March 2004 - 02:23 AM

Well...the idea isn't bad per se.

I mean, I could see this put into the game...but I personally don't like it. I mean, is it really that hard to travel from Dendeya to Nightmist? Sure, it'll take you a good chunk of time compared to travelling to other towns but it's not like it'll kill you (literally).
Posted Image

#7 Da_J_Mooney

Da_J_Mooney
  • Members
  • 510 posts

Posted 09 March 2004 - 02:30 AM

Yes you have a point, but ive just been watchin normal/friend/clan chat and lots of ppl say theyre lazy, if as many ppl are as lazy as they say they are, they will love this command lol, i dont mind too much if its ignored and not put into game,im just tryin to help the ppl out.
Aequitas In-Game

#8 rebel_blaidd

rebel_blaidd
  • Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 09 March 2004 - 02:47 AM

you could always have one bank account for all alts so you could withdraw from any alt at any of the banks

#9 Da_J_Mooney

Da_J_Mooney
  • Members
  • 510 posts

Posted 09 March 2004 - 02:51 AM

yeah, thats a good idea too, i like that better then mine lol
Aequitas In-Game

#10 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 09 March 2004 - 02:51 AM

In my opinion, that would just continue to spiral Nightmist into an everlasting pit full of alts, poor grammar, boarish behavior, etc.

I, personally, think Nightmist should be adding things that deter from the use of alts and, instead, encourage RP'ing.

In my humble opinion, Nightmist needs RP'ing as a corner stone. As it is now, Nightmist is (please forgive me) a Diablo rip-off.

Edit: Grammar mistakes. ^^;;

Edited by Squee, 09 March 2004 - 02:52 AM.

Posted Image

#11 Silverwizard

Silverwizard
  • Members
  • 361 posts

Posted 09 March 2004 - 02:57 AM

So in otherwords Squee nightmist would become Nightmist, does that seem different to you? I see nothing different about thousands of alts etc.
Chairman of The Warriors of The Mist, The Great and Powerful Wizard

Skippy the Peanut Butter Fiend.

#12 Stotic

Stotic
  • Members
  • 530 posts

Posted 09 March 2004 - 03:03 AM

I don't like the idea. Shouldn't be able to send gold or items magically across the map so easily.
We'll douse ourselves in gasoline and hang our bodies from the lampposts.

#13 Da_J_Mooney

Da_J_Mooney
  • Members
  • 510 posts

Posted 09 March 2004 - 03:05 AM

i no this game isnt real life, but what about transfering money irl from one persons bank to another, its not magic, its transfering money from 1 crits bank, to another crits bank.
Aequitas In-Game

#14 Silverwizard

Silverwizard
  • Members
  • 361 posts

Posted 09 March 2004 - 03:42 AM

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Money from bank to bank, that i could support I do not think it should only be for alts I mean that way if your in a bank you should be able to put money in any other char's bank. Yes I agree with that.

#15 Da_J_Mooney

Da_J_Mooney
  • Members
  • 510 posts

Posted 09 March 2004 - 04:08 AM

there, i have 1 person on my side, now for the other 20,000 lol

Edited by Da_J_Mooney, 09 March 2004 - 04:09 AM.

Aequitas In-Game

#16 Aidon

Aidon
  • Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 09 March 2004 - 04:10 AM

Sure bank to bank, but do remember the service charge that it costs to remove money from a bank that isnt your own, we might as well put that in, maybe a 10% service charge of gold you wish to transfer?

#17 gnr and safety hazard

gnr and safety hazard
  • Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 09 March 2004 - 04:12 AM

dude, this game is SUPPOSE to be role playing, not magical. Things don't just appear and you dont just get transported somewhere. Unless your staff of course :).

#18 Da_J_Mooney

Da_J_Mooney
  • Members
  • 510 posts

Posted 09 March 2004 - 04:16 AM

add the 10% fee too... if ppl really dont want to leave the town theyre in and give and alt gold themselves, then they should be willing to pay... (i got this whole idea off of a friend if you couldnt tell)
Aequitas In-Game

#19 Silverwizard

Silverwizard
  • Members
  • 361 posts

Posted 09 March 2004 - 08:22 PM

I do not mind a service charge because transfering between one char's bank to another is fine but the bank has to make money wether or not the person who runs it exists, they still want to make money despite the fact that they do not exist but that is where RP comes in and as many know I support RP.

#20 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 09 March 2004 - 10:24 PM

If there's a 10% fee for transferring gold from bank to bank...this idea actually seems pretty good.

Aidon has just made a fool out of me. o_o
Posted Image

#21 Oracle

Oracle

Wes

• Game Staff
  • 1398 posts

Posted 09 March 2004 - 10:48 PM

Some people believe in keeping each crits gold to themselves so I'd not like the alt bank for that reason or transferring gold to alts across the bored. It's not anything near logical to me. Bank to bank transfers between characters, I guess would be favourable for multi alting fans. Wouldn't be any difference to me personally but yeah I can see it being popular with alot of players. Not with the admins though as it encourages sharing stuff.

#22 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 09 March 2004 - 11:32 PM

This shouldn't be called alt-to-alt transfers. As long as these are bank-to-bank transfers, I see no problem (as long as the fee is there).

Sure, that may seem a little pickey...but...I don't know, things that encourage using alts/sharing things really bother me.
Posted Image

#23 Deval

Deval
  • Members
  • 802 posts

Posted 09 March 2004 - 11:50 PM

Please Squee, don't confuse being picky with common sense.
"PK'ing has just become a battle of superior numbers." ~ Goldfish.

#24 Da_J_Mooney

Da_J_Mooney
  • Members
  • 510 posts

Posted 10 March 2004 - 01:34 AM

/nod squee

it should be bank to bank transfers, not alt to alt. and as the for 10% fee, i really wouldnt mind it, actually id encourage it. it makes things more real.
Aequitas In-Game

#25 Alucard

Alucard
  • Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 10 March 2004 - 04:42 AM

Example you want to transfer 100k to a crit in dendeya thats doing a trade but your crit that has all the gold is in like timbuck too and the 10% lowers to say like 80k... when you really need that 100k or so (just an example) it would be pointless to even add this ingame. think about it before you say its a good idea folks.

Edit: I also could get from dendeya to Nm in less then 1 min.

Edited by Alucard, 10 March 2004 - 04:43 AM.

#26 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5242 posts

Posted 10 March 2004 - 05:19 AM

Sure bank to bank, but do remember the service charge that it costs to remove money from a bank that isnt your own, we might as well put that in, maybe a 10% service charge of gold you wish to transfer?

That's what i was going to suggest, i agree with it...kind of...i dont really think it should be added simply because i already dislike things like the elevator in the zeum and such, just things that seem far out of place, then again..there is the airship..and i like it...-shrug- I just think we're all a little too lazy when we won't ever leave town to do anything anymore....
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#27 Sicarius

Sicarius
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 March 2004 - 05:52 AM

Example you want to transfer 100k to a crit in dendeya thats doing a trade but your crit that has all the gold is in like timbuck too and the 10% lowers to say like 80k... when you really need that 100k or so (just an example) it would be pointless to even add this ingame. think about it before you say its a good idea folks.

Edit: I also could get from dendeya to Nm in less then 1 min.

First of all... 10% of 100k is only 10k... making the grand total come out to be 90k

Second of all... you don't have to use the feature if you don't want to... so if you need all 100k then run to where you need it.

oh and btw... I like the idea... Even with the 10% reduction in funds transfered it would be well worth it... rather than having to spend a few min running from to town 'A' to town 'B' and back to town 'A'... when you can surely use that time in either buying/selling... or training.

#28 Aidon

Aidon
  • Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 10 March 2004 - 04:34 PM

If you need 100k to your crit, then make sure you have 110k. The 10k would be the 10% of the 100 fee which would be removed from your bank account as the service fee, the other 100k would then be sent to your other crit. If you did not want to pay the fee then get better at running.

I still disagree this should be put in game, I dislike the lucrativeness of the idea.

#29 Malavon

Malavon
  • Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 10 March 2004 - 05:30 PM

Not with the admins though as it encourages sharing stuff.

How does his idea encourage sharing? All it encourages is using alts, and from what I can see JLH has no problem at all with alts.

If you need 100k to your crit, then make sure you have 110k

If you have 110k, 10% won't be 10k anymore will it?

I think it was Stotic that commented saying that transfering gold like that isn't realisic... well, how is paging someone ANYWHERE in the world possible without any technology or magic? Hmm? It isn't.

#30 Silverwizard

Silverwizard
  • Members
  • 361 posts

Posted 10 March 2004 - 06:09 PM

Banks do not have a pile of gold on the floor for Silverwizard, one for Squee, one for Kalypso, one for Crusher (sorry random names that popped into my head, meh). They have a pile of gold and a list that says how much you have. If you want to make them put some of the money listed from one piece of paper to another how is that immpossible without magic? Even if you say you have to rewrite the paper somehow, well they have to do that every deposit and withdrawl.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users