• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 Penguin

Penguin

cummins powaaah

• Members
  • 982 posts

Posted 21 February 2004 - 10:48 PM

I think that zerkers should at least not be able to be RF'ed... possibly not even spelled up at all, because spelled up zerkers are nearly unstoppable in most cases.

#2 Penguin

Penguin

cummins powaaah

• Members
  • 982 posts

Posted 23 February 2004 - 02:33 PM

:)

Edited by Penguin, 23 February 2004 - 02:33 PM.

#3 Mec

Mec
  • Members
  • 602 posts

Posted 23 February 2004 - 11:10 PM

I think that 'zerkers are way too powerful.... is there anyone (besides another 'zerker, of course) in the game that can not be one-rounded by a zerker no matter what?.

This is a nice idea...

#4 Xian

Xian
  • Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 23 February 2004 - 11:57 PM

Most people's perceptions of how powerful zerkers really are come from being pk'd by spelled perfect ones, they really aren't all that powerful alone. You'll find many other classes can be very powerful too if you use them correctly.
Also- fighters/clerics resist zerkers pretty well (fighters especially since they do alot of damage back).
Celerity // Wodan in game.

#5 Penguin

Penguin

cummins powaaah

• Members
  • 982 posts

Posted 24 February 2004 - 02:12 AM

Most people's perceptions of how powerful zerkers really are come from being pk'd by spelled

exactly, although I do think they are still slightly overpowered without spells =\
that isn't the issue

#6 Knine

Knine
  • Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 24 February 2004 - 12:45 PM

1. Zerks can be rounded by other zerks..

2. berserkers are NOT too powerfull without spells, as they dont hit for ****, and have ZERO armor, making the opponents hits on them just as damaging as the oh so "powerfull" zerker's.

3. Quit b*tching about zerkers being overpowered, untill you take one from 0 to 250 mil exp yourself and then decide to start dueling other classes One on One. Or rather then wasting your time, listen to someone who has. One on one, almost ANY class decimates zerkers with EASE 9 out of 10 times.

Sorry, but these posts are really starting to get on my nerves, as I have a 4 stat Zerk equipped with a BoT, and I have yet to duel ANYONE one vs one, and the outcome NOT make me feel like deleting the pos zerker. Toe to toe, the guy who hits hardest, with the baddest weapon should win every time.. that being zerkers. Fighters should have to use a little strategy to win..as brains are the only thing they would have over a zerk.. dex being kinda bs because they have on full armor. Rangers vs a zerk toe to toe... come on, get real.. how the hell are you going to be rapidly firing your bow at something that is swinging a blade at your head.. not happening. Rangers should win only outside, in open areas, and only if they can drop the zerk before the first swing of his halberd. Mages and thieves.. same goes for them.. the ONLY way they should ever be able to beat the muscle bound, gnarly axe toting berzerker would be to catch him off guard, and not give him the chance to swing his weapon.
This is how it should be, and it's not even close.. so PLEASE, quit whining because you may have been dropped by the lucky, and/or Spelled Zerker.

One more thing.. Cleric spells have the same effects no matter what class they are cast on. In other words the make a ranger just as much More powerfull, and gives the fighter the exact same increased chances on hitting as it gives the zerker.. granted it may be more noticable on the crits who never hit without the spells, then the crits who knock home 8-9 out of 10 swings. Next time you are hit by a spelled zerk, or a spelled ranger for that matter.. take it as getting hit by not just the one crit.. As half that damage is comming from the cleric.

#7 Penguin

Penguin

cummins powaaah

• Members
  • 982 posts

Posted 24 February 2004 - 02:57 PM

wow... that was off subject.... fyi I have arched my own zerker before, but this isn't about our archys now is it? zerkers hit very hard PERIOD the only thing is its compensation by missing.... when spelled up, not only do they rarely miss... but they hit far harder... spells do more for zerkers than they do for other classes... and I'm not getting dropped by lucky zerkers, I'm getting dropped by average zerkers.... and zerker can drop anything spelled up because the spells not only remove the weakness of the class but go beyond it

and maybe it'd help if your zerker wasn't a h-e lmao (j/k)

#8 Malavon

Malavon
  • Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 24 February 2004 - 07:12 PM

I agree with Penguin. Zerkers do amazingly high amounts of damage, even without being spelled up. I think part of Knines problem is hes half orc. The con doesn't make any difference and neither does the +1 strength. In return, you lose 2 dext which is horrible.

#9 Knine

Knine
  • Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 24 February 2004 - 10:45 PM

Soo tired of trying to get these people to understand.. Done with the long winded posts, and will instead stick with facts, without an explination.

1 str does make a difference to the high end hits.

1 con does make a difference as well.

Anyone stating that zerkers rarely miss when spelled needs to get out websters and look up the word rare.

Knine is no half elf.

#10 Element

Element
  • Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 25 February 2004 - 07:35 AM

na u can stop them and when u do they are worthless u just gotta know how i do, do u?

-Adventure To Fate Game Dev- https://itunes.apple...d871690289?mt=8

#11 Malavon

Malavon
  • Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 25 February 2004 - 09:09 PM

Soo tired of trying to get these people to understand.. Done with the long winded posts, and will instead stick with facts, without an explination.

1 str does make a difference to the high end hits.

1 con does make a difference as well.

Anyone stating that zerkers rarely miss when spelled needs to get out websters and look up the word rare.

Knine is no half elf.

Please.. don't give me that crap. I've played a level 30 half orc zerker ya know. I know how much they stink compared to dwarves.

#12 Knine

Knine
  • Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 26 February 2004 - 02:27 AM

I don't pretend to know much about dwarf zerkers, as mine is 29, and I bought it at 28.. so I really havn't enough time on him to pretend to be an expert. Half Orc's however, I would think that I'd know as much as anyone in game, and more then 98%
Dwarves may be better, and I'm sure they are in alot of ways, that most likely being the reason they are more popular. I can also give props to human Zerkers as I lost quite a few duels to a certain arch. All races have thier strengths and weakness's, and everyone has their own tastes and favorites. No one should be dogged on for choosing a certain race or class within the game.. thats what the variety is there for. Play what makes you happy, reguardless of what other people say about your crit. The first thief I ever rolled had 15 con, and 9 wis... but ya know what, I loved that thief, and even arched him. In the end it was everyone dogging on my stats that made me basicly give him away. (was gunna delete, but someone close to me wanted him) Lesson learned.

I know I went off topic, but hey.. it happens. /shrug

#13 Mia

Mia
  • Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 26 February 2004 - 05:17 PM

Please.. don't give me that crap. I've played a level 30 half orc zerker ya know. I know how much they stink compared to dwarves.

thought you said they were too powerfull lol
and if you don't mind me asking. what was the nick on the half-orc archmaster you've played?
Would you catch the glass if it was falling?

#14 Malavon

Malavon
  • Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 26 February 2004 - 09:33 PM

I did... but half orcs are slightly worse than dwarves, which doesn't make them as over powered :)

#15 Mia

Mia
  • Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 26 February 2004 - 11:12 PM

but you never said the nick of the half orc archmaster berserker you have played with. what is the nick of it??

#16 alone

alone
  • Members
  • 2261 posts

Posted 26 February 2004 - 11:24 PM

I put £5 on these people only complaining cus they've been PKed by a load of Berserkers..

I believe them to be fine. People will complain about any class that's able to cause alot of damage to another player.
"Entertain yourself with my nightmares."
- AfterAll

Bunny!

#17 Rappy_Ninja

Rappy_Ninja
  • Members
  • 2923 posts

Posted 27 February 2004 - 05:39 PM

1. Zerks can be rounded by other zerks..

2. berserkers are NOT too powerfull without spells, as they dont hit for ****, and have ZERO armor, making the opponents hits on them just as damaging as the oh so "powerfull" zerker's.

3. Quit b*tching about zerkers being overpowered, untill you take one from 0 to 250 mil exp yourself and then decide to start dueling other classes One on One. Or rather then wasting your time, listen to someone who has. One on one, almost ANY class decimates zerkers with EASE 9 out of 10 times.

Sorry, but these posts are really starting to get on my nerves, as I have a 4 stat Zerk equipped with a BoT, and I have yet to duel ANYONE one vs one, and the outcome NOT make me feel like deleting the pos zerker. Toe to toe, the guy who hits hardest, with the baddest weapon should win every time.. that being zerkers. Fighters should have to use a little strategy to win..as brains are the only thing they would have over a zerk.. dex being kinda bs because they have on full armor. Rangers vs a zerk toe to toe... come on, get real.. how the hell are you going to be rapidly firing your bow at something that is swinging a blade at your head.. not happening. Rangers should win only outside, in open areas, and only if they can drop the zerk before the first swing of his halberd. Mages and thieves.. same goes for them.. the ONLY way they should ever be able to beat the muscle bound, gnarly axe toting berzerker would be to catch him off guard, and not give him the chance to swing his weapon.
This is how it should be, and it's not even close.. so PLEASE, quit whining because you may have been dropped by the lucky, and/or Spelled Zerker.

One more thing.. Cleric spells have the same effects no matter what class they are cast on. In other words the make a ranger just as much More powerfull, and gives the fighter the exact same increased chances on hitting as it gives the zerker.. granted it may be more noticable on the crits who never hit without the spells, then the crits who knock home 8-9 out of 10 swings. Next time you are hit by a spelled zerk, or a spelled ranger for that matter.. take it as getting hit by not just the one crit.. As half that damage is comming from the cleric.

cobalt is the baddest weapon not bot
Page/Memo Beatrix

#18 Mia

Mia
  • Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 27 February 2004 - 09:35 PM

you know... its only Malavon and Penguin who has added any complains as a topic til now. they are the only ones who acctully post it as a topic. lol.

And yeh I agree, I would bet money on those who has any complains that they get pked alot :)

And I still didn't get an answer on the nick of the half-orc archmaster berserker Mavalon played with. I guess he never played with any archy berserker lol :blink:

Edited by Mia, 27 February 2004 - 09:40 PM.

#19 Knine

Knine
  • Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 28 February 2004 - 02:54 AM

/t Rappy I never mentioned anything as being the baddest weapon.

*Nods in agreement with Mia.

#20 green_mantis

green_mantis
  • Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 29 February 2004 - 07:21 AM

this may be off topic but both dwarves and half-orcs are basically the same when you think about, it the half-orc just has two of its points moved.
I am very sorry, if not for something I did, then it is for something I will do.

#21 Fusion

Fusion
  • Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 29 February 2004 - 07:33 PM

Zerks are good pkers, but horrible 1 vs 1 duelers without spells/pots. If they miss more than twice on the first round they are dead.

Yes there are exeptions to this with people with cobalts because of the hp regain.

#22 Penguin

Penguin

cummins powaaah

• Members
  • 982 posts

Posted 29 February 2004 - 10:11 PM

thats my point, no RF on zerkers, maybe no spells at all

Edited by Penguin, 29 February 2004 - 10:12 PM.

#23 Mia

Mia
  • Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 29 February 2004 - 10:55 PM

mhm, you see? why can't you come with a good argument? so a cleric shouldnęt be able to cast aid on em? you know how much a zerker needs a cleric to even have a chance to win in a pk fight? if the zerker didn't have the cleric's spells then he would be dead and useless in the game at all. Cause you can use spells on fighters just like any of the classes, so why just the berserkers? why not on the mages or the rangers? or even the fighters? why just berserkers. who would play with almost useless crits?

#24 Penguin

Penguin

cummins powaaah

• Members
  • 982 posts

Posted 01 March 2004 - 01:14 AM

-.-;;;;;;;;

they overpower other classes 1 on 1
RF not only removes there only weakness (missing) but provides more damage

#25 Lasden

Lasden
  • Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 01 March 2004 - 08:50 AM

this is almost as pointless as the stupid conversation about druids and cleric spells
zerkers do hurt themselves though that wont matter with a cleric.
anyways 1 class has to hit hard or else this game would suck
If a tree falls in the woods and nobody is around, and it hits a mime, Does anybody care?

#26 Mia

Mia
  • Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 03 March 2004 - 07:30 PM

this is almost as pointless as the stupid conversation about druids and cleric spells

*nods in agreement*

#27 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5234 posts

Posted 06 March 2004 - 10:32 PM

-.-;;;;;;;;

they overpower other classes 1 on 1
RF not only removes there only weakness (missing) but provides more damage

He's making sense if you listen to what he says. Not allowing them to have RF casted would cause them to be complained about far less. Allowing them to lose pretty much all of their 'bad things' makes them overpowered to all of the other classes. He didn't say a 1v1 with a zerk always makes the zerker win (if he did he is dumb, but ya). You take a crit with no armor, and end with 30 armor, you take something that misses a lot and make it miss way way less, and then the thing that hits hardest and make it hit even harder....that is why they are too strong with RF, as are rangers in my opinion though.

I think it would be much better to see if it is possible to make RF only work when it is a crit attacking monsters, then when they're attacking players the extra hit aim stuff doesnt come into play...it would keep it from making things so much stronger than they really should be vrs. other players.
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#28 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5234 posts

Posted 06 March 2004 - 10:34 PM

The game didn't suck before before berserkers...they are the newest class other than pacifists....everyone bitches about both of the classes, and everyone bitches for good reason..they screw with a lot of the stuff in game, especially pacis who use their spells to hurt other players rather than help....if they were suppose to be a helpful class to protect people and just work on their own, why are they constantly used to abuse and annoy players and then just sit in zeum for months at a time to make gold....and why do zerkers hit a little less than rangers and harder than fighters, then get allowed a spell that makes them hit for 150+ 6 times because they've got a spell that lets them hit harder and more often?
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#29 iggy

iggy
  • Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 18 March 2004 - 04:37 PM

first of all...when all class are spelled up....

zerker can't round a druid, pally, or fighter -- either that or I just have really bad luck with them. (not to mention the other class can be still be improve by equiping sgs, aoh, crs, etc..., and zerker can't)

zerker can be round by other zerker, ranger, maybe even fighter and druid.

150+ damage? my arch zerk 21 16 18 21 18 16 w/ adamant warhammer hit mostly in the 90s and 100s against other zerk(no armor)(there are times he hit for 80s and 140 but that rarely the case)...even less against other class...so I don't really know where this 150+ come from....maybe he was equip with bot?

... and losing hp using berzerk does matter even if there's a cleric. Why? Because good players know to take down the cleric first in a 3vs3, 4vs4 or an all out attack...so really, the cleric probably only live long enough to cast rf if he/she is lucky.

*remember a line from the matrix* ...they follow a set of rules and restriction. Because of that, they can never be as strong or as fast as you can be Neo.
With that, zerkers might be said to be powerful now, but if new armors, rings, and equips with mod keep on comming out, would they still be as powerful in the future?...the potential for the other class is limitless....while zerker is stuck with no armor, no mod.

#30 Kazul

Kazul
  • Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 19 March 2004 - 03:47 AM

BTW: u must not 3 v 3 very often, cause if u did, or if u watched Proficiency tournament you will notice that 9-10 the cleric was not the first to die. Why? because the other person can still round one of ur chars w/2 hitters and no cleric.

i got a great idea, lets give zerkers armor, give them 5 stam, make it so they can't get spelled up, lower their damage by half, and have a class of rangers that use swords instead of bows. God u ppl need to stfu, w/o being spelled up a zerker depends solely on luck to connect against high dex chars. I have rounded arch zerkers w/a spelled up ranger, does that mean rangers are overpowered? Just play the game and quit #$#@ing about every little thing u think is unfair.

Edited by Kazul, 19 March 2004 - 03:50 AM.

Solitude can be the birthplace of both genius and madness...

Can be reached In-Game on:
Kazul
Stonesour
Hangover
Maximus

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users