• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 Dark

Dark

Cronus ingame

• Members
  • 696 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 10:29 PM

Ok been working on makeing a area from an idea in old forum were haveing a moveing morphing boss so devised area and boss so will post basic idea if its liked ill give more details out of it....

Basic Storyline:

(in a nutshell)impenetrable forest - city with half crazed ppl - king who owns the finest armor ever made
To the xx of the desert, a near impenetrable forest stretches for many leagues. It is rumored, that should one be able to find his way through this forest, one may find a hidden city.
The city, called Besade, is famed for its many fine armor-smiths, sadly, however, the citizens have been stricken by madness. The good King Pen'vag and his guards is holding the castle, but the city proper is in the hands of the maddned populace.
The wandering story-tellers often spin a yarn about the city of Besade. they claim that should one be able to defeat King Pen'vag in open combat, the prize may be beyond belief.

Firsty to get to this city you would have to go through area called dense forest which will be about as hard as chronos jungle minus high poison damage(might be subbed for somthing else to make it just as hard).

Once your in the city you will be required to defeat a mini boss to gain entry to the castle....

Regimental Sergeant
The sergeant is an old grizzled warrior. He is heavily armored and carries several nasty looking weapons. He quickly rises to the charges as you enter. The Regimental Sergeant is in a healthy condition.
Drops Castle Key.
Drops 2k gold
65exp per hit
30k hp
Square is nopk
attack in 70s with his Royal Sword / 80-100dmg counterstike with his Crystal Knife

Once in castle you have to work your way around killing monster until you find King Pen'Vag, ive not made any descriptions to him yet because i havnt decided on what his special attack or what ever are but he drops 20k and Skeleton Key and with this key you must continue the story useing hints and clues in area to find the mythed Mithril Plate armour,

Library info for Mithril Plate:
Armor base: 50, Can be worn by: fighters, Description: The Mithril Plate is extremly light to wear and feels as though it would not guard against anything but is found to be stronger than any known metals across the land., Level needed to equip it: 29, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0.

#2 Simulation

Simulation
  • Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 11:40 PM

Won't be put it, so not supported.
«¤Mêad¤»*

#3 Roidhun

Roidhun
  • Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 12:29 AM

Hmmm... The above is as good an example as any of why stuff doesn't get put in anymore.

Supported lol
Every country has an army... Either its own or somebody else's
No crits ingame atm...

#4 _-(ÕútÇãst)-_

_-(ÕútÇãst)-_
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 12:38 AM

^_^

Edited by _-(ÕútÇãst)-_, 04 August 2005 - 01:57 AM.

#5 Muse

Muse
  • Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 01:47 AM

i dont think jamie plays ff ;\
To Live Is To Die.

#6 Simulation

Simulation
  • Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 02:23 AM

Hmmm... The above is as good an example as any of why stuff doesn't get put in anymore.

Supported lol

I was told by staff that no new areas submitted by players would be put in. They are too busy working on NM2 and Oracle+Stotic are already working on an area.
«¤Mêad¤»*

#7 Roidhun

Roidhun
  • Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 10:59 AM

An area - singular...

What's to stop Stotic and Oracle from looking over an idea from players, decide that there's enough support for the thing, and file it away to work on when their own new area is done?

Nobody ever got anywhere without trying ^_^
No crits ingame atm...

#8 Perfector

Perfector
  • Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 05 August 2005 - 09:57 AM

i drew out a idea complete with all detail desc and look dec and maps and drops ect ect and stotic said he is taking no more player made areas

#9 Roidhun

Roidhun
  • Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 05 August 2005 - 11:42 AM

i drew out a idea complete with all detail desc and look dec and maps and drops ect ect and stotic said he is taking no more player made areas

Temporary or permanent? How about an answer Stotic?
No crits ingame atm...

#10 Simulation

Simulation
  • Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 05 August 2005 - 12:12 PM

+10 for Simulation.
I was right, like I said.

Edited by Simulation, 05 August 2005 - 12:12 PM.

«¤Mêad¤»*

#11 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 05 August 2005 - 12:44 PM

The drop seems okay, although I would recommend it being level 30 rather than level 29. You might want a different name for the Skeleton Key so that you will not be accused of stealing ideas from films.

The King's gold drop is a little bit high; the only boss that drops that much gold is the Blue Dragon, and I cannot see a single king being as tough (attack power and HP) as one of the magnificent magical beasts (the only thing that will justify a high gold drop).

All in all, the idea seems pretty sound though.
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#12 Final Universe

Final Universe
  • Members
  • 549 posts

Posted 05 August 2005 - 06:31 PM

As for NM1, the development has mostly been from stotic/oracle/crane as of late so the fact JLH/Pandilex are working on NM2 doesnt matter, however the fact that Oracle/Stotic are slowly designing a new area DOES matter. Both of the "main" area devolopment staff have both said
at seperate times that they will not be starting a new area for the time until they finish the one in process.
Brutus of Compton.
copywright ggthxbai co.

11-28-2005 00:31:20 Paralyze Pages You from (Hidden): young yosha in da makin

#13 Sarven

Sarven
  • Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 05 August 2005 - 06:58 PM

You might want a different name for the Skeleton Key so that you will not be accused of stealing ideas from films.

Leave the name as is. I can remember Skeleton Keys being in games since I started playing them. One of the first games I ever played, Ultima V - Warriors of Destiny, had Skeleton Keys and it came out in like 1988 I think.
Ride Into The Shadows

#14 Dark

Dark

Cronus ingame

• Members
  • 696 posts

Posted 05 August 2005 - 08:29 PM

The drop seems okay, although I would recommend it being level 30 rather than level 29. You might want a different name for the Skeleton Key so that you will not be accused of stealing ideas from films.

The King's gold drop is a little bit high; the only boss that drops that much gold is the Blue Dragon, and I cannot see a single king being as tough (attack power and HP) as one of the magnificent magical beasts (the only thing that will justify a high gold drop).

All in all, the idea seems pretty sound though.

thats thing king doesnt stay king it morphs (idea taken from old forum) and the boss doesnt stay still so it isnt just sit and hit and kill get gold you needa really work for it

and on side note skeleton key is for a reason being as it opens up most doors in the area but only once

#15 Prophet

Prophet
  • Members
  • 1772 posts

Posted 08 August 2005 - 04:18 PM

I don't think the morphing is possible without changing code.
Si Senior!

#16 Satterlee

Satterlee
  • Members
  • 449 posts

Posted 08 August 2005 - 07:50 PM

In one of the first homes I lived in (very old) there was a special key commonly referred to as the "Skeleton Key" because it opened every door in the house.

As for topic, I doubt it will be put in because of the amount of work being put in concerning other areas by Oracle/Stotic and the amount of work being put into NM2.
I've seen more meds in my left nostril than you've seen in your life.

Poker in-game.

#17 Issy

Issy
  • Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 14 August 2005 - 02:27 AM

Besade was one of the cities in Nightmist. If it was implimented it would be considered Copyright infringment. With that being said Not Supported!
And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.

#18 <3!

<3!
  • Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 14 August 2005 - 03:43 PM

Besade was one of the cities in Nightmist. If it was implimented it would be considered Copyright infringment. With that being said Not Supported!

Makes no sense ^_^
"Posting has just become a battle of superior priveleges." ~ <3!

#19 MysticStorm

MysticStorm
  • Members
  • 492 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 07:53 AM

Yeah it makes no sense considering that if there used to be a city called Besade in NM, then there is no copywrite infringement since the staff will just be re-using the name. Besides, Besade is also a name used for a city in Final Fantasy 10 so copywrite infringment was already long abused then. Though of course, I doubt that Sony/Playstation or Sqare Enix (makers of the game) are gonna throw a hissy fit about a name from one of their names for a game being used.

#20 Ashton

Ashton
  • Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 05:10 PM

Besade(his idea)

Besaid(FFX)

close, but not the same

Someone should make a Failed Ideas thread.

Ashton - Explosion - Chaosbringer

#21 Sean

Sean
  • Members
  • 976 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 05:34 PM

Even if it was the same... I don't think Square-Enix would be annoyed if a free MMORPG used a name from FFX... ^_^

(And there is a Squall pic in the gfx folder anyway...)
Stadic Ingame...

#22 MysticStorm

MysticStorm
  • Members
  • 492 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 02:23 PM

Ok, I stand corrected on the name of FFX. It's been awhile since I have played the game. Also as a side note, as long as no one is profiting from the name, you can't be sued.

Side note 2: Doesn't even really matter how it's spelled. Sony/Enix could argue that the person took the name from their game and just switched the letters in thinking that it wouldn't be copywrite infringement. It actually is since it's same prenunciation and most people would more than likely refer to Besade as the city from FFX like I just did in my last post. ^_^

#23 Dark

Dark

Cronus ingame

• Members
  • 696 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 05:59 PM

actually got it from random name generator... think what you want

#24 snizzlesnaps

snizzlesnaps
  • Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 07:50 AM

i like the idea and as for justifying the kings gold drop you can say hes a king he gets his wealth from taking it from the people of his lands kinda like taxes in old ages however i would drop the amt of gold slightly for hthe kings people are now mad

#25 ¥~Ðårk Ñ€m€§í§~¥

¥~Ðårk Ñ€m€§í§~¥
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 11:34 AM

Wouldnt worry too much about Square-Enix i doubt they check the Nightmist Free MMORPG forums lol. Mystic is right here they wont bother UNLESS he tries to profit which would be impossible from this game I mean go through a list of ALL the characters/clans of Nightmist i bet you find many lookalike final fantasy names, yet they haven't sued JLH yet.

#26 MysticStorm

MysticStorm
  • Members
  • 492 posts

Posted 30 August 2005 - 02:54 PM

That's because he isn't profiting from NM1. All he gets is donations and that's about it. In NM2, he would be profiting so he would have to be particularly careful what names he uses as terms of city and such goes. I only know this stuff because I just got done studying copywrite laws for the third time around! (first time in high school, second time when got law degree, third now that I am trying to get a business degree... seems that you have to know what the copywrite law is in everything lmfao)

#27 ~«º»ÐæЫº»~

~«º»ÐæЫº»~
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 October 2005 - 11:33 PM

Wasn't Besade in FFX, or am I just crazy?

#28 Kenzaburokamos

Kenzaburokamos
  • Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 25 October 2005 - 12:29 AM

ur quite right...but why bring this up when someone already mentioned it was from FF?...lol
Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within...
Trance_Steel ingame

#29 ~«º»ÐæЫº»~

~«º»ÐæЫº»~
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 October 2005 - 02:06 AM

ur quite right...but why bring this up when someone already mentioned it was from FF?...lol

I didn't read all of the posts!! lol Forgive me?
But anyways, yeah I like the whole different idea, but alot of new areas being added already, even if yours gets picked to go in, I doubt it will be soon, just my opinion.

#30 Tyler

Tyler
  • Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 05 November 2005 - 05:39 PM

Oh, I know.

I got this from Random Name Generator, too! :ph34r:

Let's rename the city "Besaid", make the king's name Wakka, and his minions could be a bunch of Blitzball Players. Then, if you are about to die, 2 guys come and helped named Auron and Tidus because Wakka is possessed by an evil sorceress named Lulu. :(

CEO & Founder of Twisted Tactics.

In-game

Multi: Veles or Elixir

1-alt: Liability

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users