Wanted: Alternate Items

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
38 replies to this topic

#1 Trevayne

Trevayne
  • Advisors
  • 1841 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 05:06 PM

In the next few days, I will be opening a shop that has some alternate items for store-bought high-end equipment. You have a little less than 48 hours to post your best suggestions for items, and I'll take the best few and include them in game.

Rules:

1. Your item must have the same stats as an existing store-bought item. (Not a boss drop.)
2. You must give the item both a name and a description.
3. You must say what item your new proposal is based on.
4. Prices will be determined by me, but feel free to suggest a price.
5. Spelling, grammar, and style count.
6. Preference will be given to items that have few or no alternatives.

Good luck!
Aeryn and Trevayne in game.

#2 Stadicx

Stadicx
  • Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 06:25 PM

Library info for Illustrious Boots:
Armor base: 4, Can be worn by: clerics, druids, fighters, mages, paladins, rangers, thieves, pacifists, Description: The Illustrious Boots shine with a bright aura. These boots have an extremely high ability to protect the one who wears them. These boots are worn only by the most famous hero's throughout the realm., Level needed to equip it: 30, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0, Absorb spell: 0.

These are based on the fact that there are no real alternatives to Vindicator's Boots. Would suggest 90-100k.

Library info for Crystal Amulet:
Armor base: 5, Can be worn by: clerics, druids, fighters, mages, paladins, rangers, thieves, pacifists, Description: This Crystal amulet shines with a brightness that one has never seen. It looks as if it was made for only those worthy of such a beautiful object. It radiates with a magical light that brightens even the darkest places., Level needed to equip it: 30, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0, Absorb spell: 0.

This is also based on the low alternatives of the Hades Amulet. Would suggest 95-110k.

Anyways, maybe more to come.

#3 Isolated

Isolated
  • Members
  • 774 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 07:13 PM

Angelic Scepter Alternative

Library info for Holy Cross.
Base damage: 21, Can be used by: clerics, Description: This weapon allows you to lay down the countless blasphemers!., Level needed to equip it: 30, Magical: Yes, Vamparic: No, Armor: 0, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0, Poison chance: 0, Poison/30s damage: 0, Monster damage table: , Mana leech: .

Royal Sword Alternative.

Library info for Glamdring.
Base damage: 25, Can be used by: fighters, Description: Glamdring is translated as Foe-hammer, and the gnomes in Nightmist call it “Beater”. Level needed to equip it: 30, Magical: No, Vamparic: No, Armor: 0, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0, Poison chance: 0, Poison/30s damage: 0, Monster damage table: , Mana leech: 0.

Edited by Isolated, 01 March 2009 - 07:25 PM.

f uck you I wont do what you tell me

#4 Angelus

Angelus
  • Members
  • 1202 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 07:27 PM

Robe of Halcyon alternative:

Wings of the Fallen
Armor base: 41, Can be worn by: clerics, druids, pacifists, Description: The Wings of the Fallen are radiating a pure white aura. They are made from the feathers of an angel fallen in battle. These wings are worn as a tribute. And show to all who bestow their eyes upon it the willingness of the wearer to do good in the fallen angel's name., Level needed to equip it: 30, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0.

I will edit this post if I can think up more, it isn't particularly easy for me :ph34r:

Edited by Angelus, 01 March 2009 - 07:27 PM.

Angelus ingame.
Back into the shadows once again...

#5 Hansol

Hansol
  • Members
  • 1039 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 07:39 PM

http://www.nightmist...t=0#entry215898

I appear to have posted a mysterious link by mistake that was on my clipboard

sorry

#6 Sleeping

Sleeping
  • Members
  • 669 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 07:52 PM

Is it for main server or for nm1a also?
Does not play well with others.

#7 Stadicx

Stadicx
  • Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 07:58 PM

Is it for main server or for nm1a also?

"Wanted: Alternate Items, multi-server only"

#8 Trevayne

Trevayne
  • Advisors
  • 1841 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 07:58 PM

As the title says, multi-server only.

Some suggestions for those writing:

- Don't use items from existing mythologies/religions. I won't put Excalibur in game, nor will I put any item that is a representation of a real-world religious faith.

- These are shop-bought items. They shouldn't have descriptions that make them more beautiful/powerful than the more difficult to obtain items (boss drops) unless they have outrageously high prices (in the multi-millions).

#9 Angelus

Angelus
  • Members
  • 1202 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 08:26 PM

So basic generic descriptions then? Well then I'm out. Angelic scepter is allowed, where Angelic basically means Angel. But Wings of the Fallen is to religious? You do understand that we have a class called priests right?

Last one then, to remain on topic.

Some amulet:
This is made of crystal, it's shaped in the form of an amulet.
Angelus ingame.

#10 Sleeping

Sleeping
  • Members
  • 669 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 08:28 PM

Post #1. Recycling my old ideas.

Library info for Defender: (an "off-hand weapon" wielded in shield slot)
Armor base: 20, Can be worn by: fighters, paladins, rangers, Description: Despite the name, the defender is actually a short sword, used for parrying and quick counterattacks. Two entwined runes curves along the blade, bestowing protective enchantment upon it’s wielder. The golden hilt looks somehow bulky next to the thin blade, as if it was originally designed for much longer weapon., Level needed to equip it: 25, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0, Absorb spell: 0.
Spiked Shield alternative. Suggested price 20k.

Library info for Breastplate of Glory:
Armor base: 42, Can be worn by: druids, fighters, paladins, rangers, Description: Sometimes always looking good even in a bloodiest battle is enough to convince your opponent that the divine grace is on your side. An unknown blacksmith obviously had this train of thought and he purposely used the most expensive materials available while creating this magnificent piece of armor. Numerous valuable gems and high grade gold decorate the breastplate in artistic patterns although offer little in terms of protection. The lining is reinforced with genuine dragon leather, making it extremely resistant to blunt attacks., Level needed to equip it: 30, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0, Absorb spell: 0.
Sand Wurm Hide alternative. Suggested price 50k

Library info for Mammoth Hide Boots:
Armor base: 4, Can be worn by: clerics, druids, fighters, mages, paladins, rangers, thieves, pacifists, Description: Sown from rough hide of slain mammoth, this footwear is perfect for cold climate. Level needed to equip it: 30, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0.
Vindicator's Boots alternative. Suggested price 75k

Library info for Frozen Battleaxe:
Base damage: 26, Can be used by: berserkers, Description: Forged eons ago by unknown civilization this weapon was frozen in solid ice until now. Extreme pressure and temperature had changed metal, making it appear transparent and always chilling cold to touch, Level needed to equip it: 30, Magical: No, Vamparic: No, Armor: 0, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0, Poison chance: 0, Poison/30s damage: 0, Monster damage table: , Mana leech: .
Adamant Warhammer alternative. Suggested price 260k

Library info for Ancient Royal Crown
Armor base: 2, Can be worn by: clerics, mages, pacifists, Description: Worn by fearsome sovereigns of forgotten empire, this crown was created by greatest jewelers of their time. Encrusted with countless diamonds, it amplifies even faintest light source and changing it into dozen colors. As you wear it upon your forehead, you notice you can attempt to influence minds of people around you. Level needed to equip it: 30, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0.
Circlet alternative. Suggested price 15k

Library info for Enchanted Bracers:
Armor base: 2, Can be worn by: thieves, Description: A finely crafted leather forearm protection. It was enchanted by an rogue mage to turn blades away from it’s wearer, Level needed to equip it: 5, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0.
Steel Bracers alternative. Suggested price 10k

Library info for Ring of Sorcery:
Armor base: 4, Can be worn by: clerics, druids, mages, pacifists, Description: What appears to be a normal gold ring is actually inscribed with a fine web of mysterious letters. The ancient words of power give unparrallel protection only to ones who can decipher their true meaning, Level needed to equip it: 30, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0.
Ring of Astray alternative but with stricter class restrictions. Suggested price 450k

Library info for Demon-Forged Ring:
Armor base: 4, Can be worn by: mages, Description: This ebony metal band was created by no mortal hand and some unknown evil seems to be enclosed within. It feels wears warm to wear, as if it still holds some link to the flames of demon world where it was forged. Level needed to equip it: 30, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0.
Ring of Astray alternative but with stricter class restrictions. Suggested price 450k

Library info for Ring of the Guardian:
Armor base: 4, Can be worn by: clerics, druids, paladins, pacifists, Description: This magical ring is crafted of pure gold and encrusted with a large sapphire. Traditionally worn by high ranking paladins, this ring symbolizes inner strength and the desire to safeguard one's friends. Two magical runes, which run along the sides of the band, glows dimly, giving some substance to these virtues., Level needed to equip it: 30, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0.

Library info for Arachnae's Blade:
Base damage: 23, Can be used by: thieves, Description: Perhaps the most unusual dagger you had ever seen. Skillfully forged in a shape of large spider, with 2 legs stretched out forward, forming an extremely dangerous blade, while the others prove rather comfortable, although exotic handle. As you wield it, strange sensation spreads through your mind, somehow you feel you gain more knowledge about arachnae., Level needed to equip it: 26, Magical: Yes, Vamparic: No, Armor: -1, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: -1, Poison chance: 0, Poison/30s damage: 0, Monster damage table: , Mana leech: .
Ivory Dagger alternative. Suggested price 40k

Library info for Adamant Fullhelm:
Armor base: 9, Can be worn by: fighters, paladins, rangers, Description: Oddly, this helmet seems to be rather old and frail. The metal is beginning to tarnish and rust but still, it remains hardy and solid as the day it was forged from whatever mystic fire would bare it. To the touch, it feels as if a small amount of yourself is being lifted out from within you. Stranger still, as soon as this cap is donned, the crusted exterior seems to disappear, leaving behind glistening metal that awes and stuns all who are lucky enough to lay eyes upon it, Level needed to equip it: 30, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0.
Helm of Triumph alternative. Suggested price 25k

Edited by Sleeping, 01 March 2009 - 08:48 PM.

#11 Isolated

Isolated
  • Members
  • 774 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 08:29 PM

^word

#12 Isolated

Isolated
  • Members
  • 774 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 08:37 PM

Tsunami Bracelet

Armor base: 2, Can be worn by: clerics, druids, fighters, mages, paladins, rangers, thieves, pacifists, Description: Summoning up the power of the ocean crushing upon reefs during many major storms over the years. These bracelets were formed by petrified coral reefs that underwent massive attacks from the strongest of waves crushing upon the reefs for years and years. Level needed to equip it: 31, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0, Absorb spell: 0.

Amulet of Whirlwind

Armor base: 2, Can be worn by: clerics, druids, fighters, mages, paladins, rangers, thieves, pacifists, Description: The Amulet of Whirlwind is a small flourescent pendant hanging from a diamond encrusted chain. When worn the amulet allows you to move as if you were part of a whirlwind yourself. Level needed to equip it: 1, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 1, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0, Absorb spell: 0.

#13 Trevayne

Trevayne
  • Advisors
  • 1841 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 08:55 PM

So basic generic descriptions then? Well then I'm out. Angelic scepter is allowed, where Angelic basically means Angel. But Wings of the Fallen is to religious? You do understand that we have a class called priests right?

I have no problems with Wings of the Fallen or Angelic Scepter as names. I won't however have an item named Holy Cross, nor will I have an item named Statue of Buddha, Star of David, or Wiccan Pentacle.

Generic fantasy naming is fine. Specific mention of religious icons is not.

#14 Trevayne

Trevayne
  • Advisors
  • 1841 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 08:59 PM

Sand Wurm Hide alternative. Suggested price 50k

No boss drops. If you can't buy it in an existing store, it won't be put into this shop.

#15 Angelus

Angelus
  • Members
  • 1202 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 09:05 PM

I have no problems with Wings of the Fallen or Angelic Scepter as names. I won't however have an item named Holy Cross, nor will I have an item named Statue of Buddha, Star of David, or Wiccan Pentacle.

Generic fantasy naming is fine. Specific mention of religious icons is not.

Ah I thought you were referring to me, as I used "Angel". Didn't notice Josh's post as I never read anything he says. Uhm yea, I'll quietly back out of the room now.
Angelus ingame.

#16 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 10:13 PM

Ok I have some time.

to be continued...
+1 post count ggpwnedkthxbai

it's plausible that the SOB hasn't spawned

¯¨:·»Gently spamming the forum since 2003«·:¨¯

#17 Sleeping

Sleeping
  • Members
  • 669 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 10:25 PM

Part #2. Thinking outside the box.

Library info for Gnomish Goggles:
Armor base: 2, Can be worn by: clerics, druids, fighters, mages, paladins, rangers, thieves, pacifists, Description: A curious device designed to protect eyes from harsh weather. Although it can’t offer protection parallel to a helmet, its light weight and lack of metal parts makes it attractable headwear to some eccentric spell casters., Level needed to equip it: 5, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0.
Pirate Hat alternative. Suggested price 10k.

Library info for Faerie Dragon: (equips in amulet slot)*
Armor base: 2, Can be worn by: clerics, druids, fighters, mages, paladins, rangers, thieves, pacifists, Description: A fairy dragon is a miniature dragonic creature with colorful butterfly wings upon his back and playful personality. This specie is known to possess a strong magical aura and is often domesticated by powerful mages. Currently he rests comfortably upon his owner’s shoulders., Level needed to equip it: 1, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 1, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0.
Cats Eye Amulet alternative. Suggested price 1mil.
*Look-over would read: "Around his neck sits a Faerie Dragon."

#18 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 10:41 PM

Library info for White Ring:
Armor base: 4, Can be worn by: clerics, druids, fighters, mages, paladins, rangers, thieves, pacifists, Description: A ring of pure water, enveloped by a ghostly ethereal surround. The translucent ring feels warm to the touch, and where it sits on your finger, the skin becomes bleached as white as bone. Potent energies hold amidst the vapours, shielding and protecting you from harm., Level needed to equip it: 30, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0.

Library info for Truesilver Runesword:
Base damage: 27, Can be used by: fighters, paladins, berserkers, Description: This divine sword balances in your grasp with perfect equilibrium. Its hilt flows both cool and warm at one time, and the translucent gems embedded therein pulsate and shimmer with a life-giving energy. The length of the beautiful blade is inscribed with unfathomable runes, which draw the strength of the foe into themselves with a certain ferocity. This strength then feeds back into the wielder of this savage weapon., Level needed to equip it: 30, Magical: Yes, Vamparic: 0.3, Armor: 0, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0, Poison chance: 0, Poison/30s damage: 0, Monster damage table: , Mana leech:

Library info for Blade of Eminence:
Base damage: ??, Can be used by: fighters, paladins, berserkers, Description: Little remains of the once-legendary sword you hold in your hand. Its beauty lies in tatters, corrupted by the foul taint of the heart of darkness; dulled are the golden dragons, and the blade's lustre is no more. In its place you behold the blackest of weapons; driven by the urge to bloodlust, its fire alight in your eyes; eminence is yours, but at what cost?, Level needed to equip it: 30, Magical: No, Vamparic: 0, Armor: 0, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0, Poison chance: 0, Poison/30s damage: 0, Monster damage table: , Mana leech: .

^^I can't rightly remember what items you can buy in shops, lol. I never even went in Cloud City or anywhere like that :ph34r:

Library info for Quartz Ring:
Armor base: 4, Can be worn by: druids, fighters, paladins, rangers, thieves, Description: Sitting in the palm of your hand, this small ring draws your gaze at every instant. A simple band of gold, set with a sharply cut quartz that coruscates gently as you watch; but far more than a simple ornament, for its defences are stronger than steel and more subtle than the night. Fortune must be yours to possess such a thing; fame it will surely bring you.. Level needed to equip it: 30, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0.

^^My ill-fated Quartz Ring description, probably deserves to be put ingame after what I went through to get it heh

The problem I have with all my old descriptions is that they are essentially for hugely overpowered items, and in many cases refer to stat mods...I have a little mini-quest for headgear with nice descripts done but they wouldn't really work as shop items.

#19 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 01:25 AM

Library info for Moonstone Talisman:
Armor base: 2, Can be worn by: clerics, druids, fighters, mages, paladins, rangers, thieves, pacifists, Description: The hues of an earthly green mingle with a lunar white to betray the wonder of this Elven stone. The realms of the supernatural open as you hold it to your heart, the spirits blessing you with the light of the moon and the forest., Level needed to equip it: 1, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 1, Charisma modifier: 0.

This item's stats are based off of the Scholar's Amulet, so the suggested price is 1,000,000 gold.

Library info for Dragonstone:
Description: This red crystal is constantly ablaze, yet is not as hot as intuition might tell. These objects are often beheld by dragons to bolster their fire-flacks, but can also be used by magicians as a source of energy., Type of item: Mana Crystal.

Based off of the Lodestone, so gives 135 mana when used; suggested price of 250 gold.

Library info for Hellfire Robes:
Armor base: 31, Can be worn by: mages, Description: These robes are made from overlapping layers of red, orange and yellow fabric in the pattern of rising flames. The fire seems alive and shifting, but that might just be an optical trick from the way the garment flows over the body; one supernatural quality that is certain though is that the robe offers more protection than the simple cotton could possibly provide., Level needed to equip it: 30, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0.

Based off of Misty Robes; suggested price of 135,000 gold.

Library info for Dragon Crest:
Armor base: 9, Can be worn by: fighters, paladins, rangers, Description: Using a standard steel helmet as a base, a layer of red dragon skin is stretched over the frame and the sharp stubs of four dragon-ivory horns are attached securely to the top. The horn stubs entangle swords and spears alike while the skin provides comfort and fireproofing., Level needed to equip it: 30, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0.

Based off of the Helm of Triumph; suggested price of 50,000 gold.

Alternatively, can be based off of the Spiked Helmet with 8 armour, required level of 25 and a suggested price of 10,000 gold.

Library info for Spirit of Ice:
Base damage: 22, Can be used by: druids, Description: What appears to be a staff of shattered sapphire is anything but; this long rod of permafrost is partially shrouded in a veil of cold mist, while anything that contacts its surface, bar its nature-tuned owner, feels the mystical, freezing chill of the tundra that disrupts the flow of blood and mana alike., Level needed to equip it: 27, Magical: Yes, Vamparic: No, Armor: 0, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0, Poison chance: 0, Poison/30s damage: 0, Monster damage table: , Mana leech: 0.3.

Based off of the Hawk Talon; suggested price of 175,000 gold.

EDIT: Dragon Crest's description was too long and 'beautiful' - it has now been shortened.

Edited by Crane, 02 March 2009 - 12:59 PM.

The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#20 Hoick

Hoick
  • Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 05:49 AM

I'll take a go at it. Just one item though. Maybe more. :ph34r:

Library info for: Anduril
Base damage: 26, Can be used by: berserkers. Description: The hilt has writing, in the long forgotten lore of the Elves, which is carved into the blade. The hilt of this magnificent sword is made of a sturdy hardwood base with a metallic leaf design trailing off the end. The ornate carvings have been made by the most handy of craftsmen, the sheer beauty of this sword is beyond comprehension. Level needed to equip it: 30, Magical: No, Vamparic: No, Armor: 0, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0, Poison chance: 0, Poison/30s damage: 0, Monster damage table: , Mana leech: 0.

Based off of: Adamant Warhammer (260,000 gold pieces)

Brought to you by Hoick(Mike).
Main: Hoick
1a: Constellation

#21 Sleeping

Sleeping
  • Members
  • 669 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 07:03 AM

The problem I have with all my old descriptions is that they are essentially for hugely overpowered items, and in many cases refer to stat mods...I have a little mini-quest for headgear with nice descripts done but they wouldn't really work as shop items.

You admit it!

#22 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 09:11 AM

staff must have edited my post, i never said that o.o

#23 Trevayne

Trevayne
  • Advisors
  • 1841 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 09:16 AM

No, we all use the phrase "ridiculously overpowered" for Raylen's suggestions... but you didn't hear it from me. :ph34r:

#24 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 09:40 AM

Library info for Chieftain Double Axes:
Base damage: 26, Can be used by: berserkers, Description: Ornately decorated, these twin hand-crafted axes bear the dents and chips of many a battle. Symbols of an ancient tribe adorn the top of the diamond-tipped convex blades, dictating the story of how the mountain gods guided the chieftain to the diamond rocks and rich iron ore deposits that would bring his berserker tribe victory. Despite their relatively small size, the axes are deceptively heavy, designed to smash through even the strongest of armour when violently swung; that is, if you are able to swing them with the strength of only the most ferocious of warriors., Level needed to equip it: 30, Magical: No, Vamparic: No, Armor: 0, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0, Poison chance: 0, Poison/30s damage: 0, Monster damage table: , Mana leech: 0.

Based off of the Adamant Warhammer; suggested price of 275,000 gold.

ADDENDUM: I noticed just now that Trevayne doesn't really want long, 'beautiful' descriptions; therefore, below is a truncated version. Of course, I personally prefer the longer version, but the final word is Trevayne's:

Ornately decorated, these twin hand-crafted axes bear the dents and chips of many a battle. Symbols of an ancient tribe adorn the top of the diamond-tipped convex blades. Despite their relatively small size, the axes are deceptively heavy, designed to smash through even the strongest of armour when violently swung.

EDIT: Upped the price slightly because, unfortunately, the axes would have a small advantage over the Adamant Warhammer in that it can damage Pine Trees, being an axe... similar to the Bloodied Axe over the Halberd (although that lacks the hydra body damage multiplier as a small bit of compensation).

Edited by Crane, 02 March 2009 - 01:14 PM.

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

#25 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 03:24 PM

I would like to add one special mention... the Turtle Shell Shield. Elf and I designed it several years ago, but I made the mistake of giving out the first one as a mosh prize; the winner sold it for about 2 million gold and then campaigned to ensure that no more would ever appear in-game, a move that did come across as rather unjust if you ask me and one that had Elf and I upset and angry, especially since it's merely a Spiked Shield.

Anyway, I don't know if that shield is still around in-game or if the owner still plays, but I would like to propose reintroducing the Turtle Shell Shield as a shop item, possibly for a price of 10,000 or more. It exists already in the game and is simply a Spiked Shield alternative, but currently cannot be obtained.

Full stats:

Library info for Turtle Shell Shield:
Armor base: 20, Can be worn by: fighters, paladins, rangers, Description: This shield is made out of the entire top half of a turtle shell. It is rough and coarse on the outside, and smooth as glass on the inside with the shine of mother of pearl. The shell is incredibly hard and offers considerable protection against attacks from blunt, sharp and projectile weapons alike., Level needed to equip it: 25, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0.

Edited by Crane, 02 March 2009 - 04:25 PM.

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

#26 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 04:56 PM

Here comes a triple post...

Library info for Firestone Charm:
Armor base: 2, Can be worn by: clerics, druids, fighters, mages, paladins, rangers, thieves, pacifists, Description: This pendant is not particularly appealing; the stone is nothing more than an irregularly-shaped lump of charred rock, or so it might seem; it glows with the light of lava and the heat it emits deters you from touching the stone directly. Wearing it, you feel the heat of the fire flow down your arms and out through your fingertips, to the point that they shimmer under heat haze., Level needed to equip it: 1, Strength modifier: 1, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0.

Stats based on the Granite Amulet. Suggested price of 1,000,000 gold.

Library info for Ironweed Shroud:
Armor base: 6, Can be worn by: fighters, paladins, rangers, thieves, Description: Lightweight and strong, the Willowmire ironweeds have been harvested and expertly woven into this masked hood, its shape making such a task very awkward. Leaving only your eyes visible and draping down over your shoulders, it provides unintrusive protection to the head as well as an element of anonymity., Level needed to equip it: 26, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0.

Stats based on the Feathered Helm. Suggested price of 30,000 gold (the mention of its shape making such a task very awkward tries to justify this price compared to the sleeveless Ironweed Doublet)

EDIT: Shortened Firestone Charm description slightly.

ADDENDUM: Added Ironweed Shroud.

Edited by Crane, 02 March 2009 - 05:38 PM.

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

#27 Sleeping

Sleeping
  • Members
  • 669 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 05:06 PM

Post #3. Everyone love whips!

Library info for Chain:
Base damage: 20, Can be used by: clerics, druids, fighters, berserkers, Description: This piece of heavy chain is 9 feet long and weight at least 60 pounds. Typically used to moor small ships at docks, it could be wield as an improvised weapon. Symbolism associated with chains make it favorable among clerics specialized in hunting down enemies of church. , Level needed to equip it: 25, Magical: No, Vamparic: No, Armor: 0, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0, Poison chance: 0, Poison/30s damage: 0, Monster damage table: , Mana leech: .
Morning Star alternative. Suggested price 10k.

Library info for Silken Sash:
Base damage: 21, Can be used by: clerics, Description: A divine enchantment has been placed upon this delicate garment to make it into beautiful but deadly weapon. Upon command its edges become hard as steel, allowing wielder to easily inflict brutal wounds, , Level needed to equip it: 30, Magical: Yes, Vamparic: No, Armor: 0, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0, Poison chance: 0, Poison/30s damage: 0, Monster damage table: , Mana leech: .
Angelic Scepter alternative. Suggested price 30k

Library info for Demon Spine:
Base damage: 25, Can be used by: fighters, berserkers, Description: This gruesome weapon was originally the backbone of some undisclosed demon. It feels very flexible and strikes with deadly accuracy, as if an unholy spirit still possesses it and guides its wielder's hand to inflict suffering upon mortal creatures., Level needed to equip it: 30, Magical: No, Vamparic: No, Armor: 0, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0, Poison chance: 0, Poison/30s damage: 0, Monster damage table: , Mana leech: 0.
Barbed Lance alternative. Suggested price 190k

Library info for Thorn Whip:
Base damage: 22, Can be used by: druids, Description: A living vine of ivy with green leaves, it have been carefully grown and cultivated till it could be harvested as useable weapon. Razor sharp thorns tear skin and flesh alike. Usually a single slash is enough to put almost animalistic fear into would-be enemies of nature., Level needed to equip it: 27, Magical: Yes, Vamparic: No, Armor: 0, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0, Poison chance: 0, Poison/30s damage: 0, Monster damage table: , Mana leech: 0.3.
Hawk Talon alternative. Suggested price 175k

Edited by Sleeping, 02 March 2009 - 05:16 PM.

#28 Sleeping

Sleeping
  • Members
  • 669 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 05:14 PM

Library info for Blade of Eminence:
Base damage: ??, Can be used by: fighters, paladins, berserkers, Description: Little remains of the once-legendary sword you hold in your hand. Its beauty lies in tatters, corrupted by the foul taint of the heart of darkness; dulled are the golden dragons, and the blade's lustre is no more. In its place you behold the blackest of weapons; driven by the urge to bloodlust, its fire alight in your eyes; eminence is yours, but at what cost?, Level needed to equip it: 30, Magical: No, Vamparic: 0, Armor: 0, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0, Poison chance: 0, Poison/30s damage: 0, Monster damage table: , Mana leech: .

^^I can't rightly remember what items you can buy in shops, lol. I never even went in Cloud City or anywhere like that :ph34r:

Look here ;) http://www.geocities...q/weapons1.html
Closest matches would be Adamant Warhammer, Barbed Lance and Guan-Dao.

Edited by Sleeping, 02 March 2009 - 05:15 PM.

#29 Sleeping

Sleeping
  • Members
  • 669 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 05:29 PM

Post #4. Digged out yet another old suggestion.

Library info for Elven Chainmail Boots:
Armor base: 4, Can be worn by: clerics, druids, fighters, mages, paladins, rangers, thieves, pacifists, Description: These extremely comfortable boots show no signs of wear, or corrosion, as if they were crafted just yesterday. Metal feels unusually light and flexible, yet strong like tempered steel. The process to create it is known only to master elven smiths., Level needed to equip it: 30, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0.
Vindicator's Boots alternative. Suggested price 75k

#30 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 10:30 AM

Nice work sergio ;)

I think blade of eminence needs to remain as I originally intended it - a crafed item from sov sword, as the description kinda implies. it also needs to have AT LEAST 30bd so it rox :ph34r:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users