If Ud Only Do

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 £LD£R

£LD£R
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 March 2005 - 07:29 PM

First if staff would put as much effort into banning thieves as they do ignoring players, we might could have a good game. Second, if maybe nightmist 2 wasnt such the focus right now, which i dont know neone on nightmist gonna p2p, u could actually improve an already admirable game.. Alot of effort was put into this game by more than just staff, and to just disguard it as if was last years milk, just urges yer players to go somewhere else. This causes the game rating to go down, no players no game.... Wut u really think happened to the game, you think it can be summed up into 1 object or action that created wut it is today? Let yer opinions ride, i vote reset!!!!!! hire new staff and stop worrying bout charging to play nightmist. Just hire new staff and increase level of game play get out a whip on lazy staff members and get some work goin.... btw aidon ty for banning me to give me the time to type out all of this stuff ^_^_ i shouldnt have said an f and a k next to each other it was wrong of me i know it....

#2 Sneaky

Sneaky
  • Members
  • 2372 posts

Posted 16 March 2005 - 07:39 PM

Some staff have areas done I believe, and are waiting for other staff to finish connected areas.

Staff cannot permanantley ban people I believe, Admins can.
Chuck Norris wears Jack Bauer pajamas.

deimos the noob said no

#3 £LD£R

£LD£R
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 March 2005 - 07:45 PM

never said was perm banned ^_^

#4 EvilDognapot

EvilDognapot
  • Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 16 March 2005 - 07:53 PM

ignoring players hardly requires effort, and would actually present something more akin to what staff would like to do about "theft" which is barely notice any.
Evil report carries further than any applause

#5 £LD£R

£LD£R
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 March 2005 - 07:53 PM

reset the game and make it more item friendly as in puttin like random drop rates for different potions on bears and snakes and various things normally used to train on.... i mean come on give me 1 day with staff commands and i could put a dent in all this crap that needs gettin done...

#6 Magoo

Magoo
  • Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 16 March 2005 - 07:59 PM

First if staff would put as much effort into banning thieves as they do ignoring players, we might could have a good game. Second, if maybe nightmist 2 wasnt such the focus right now, which i dont know neone on nightmist gonna p2p, u could actually improve an already admirable game.. Alot of effort was put into this game by more than just staff, and to just disguard it as if was last years milk, just urges yer players to go somewhere else. This causes the game rating to go down, no players no game.... Wut u really think happened to the game, you think it can be summed up into 1 object or action that created wut it is today? Let yer opinions ride, i vote reset!!!!!! hire new staff and stop worrying bout charging to play nightmist. Just hire new staff and increase level of game play get out a whip on lazy staff members and get some work goin.... btw aidon ty for banning me to give me the time to type out all of this stuff ^_^_ i shouldnt have said an f and a k next to each other it was wrong of me i know it....

ur wasting ur time, nothing is ever gonna change
Skills pay the bills and ur dead Broke

#7 Prophet

Prophet
  • Members
  • 1772 posts

Posted 16 March 2005 - 08:08 PM

reset the game and make it more item friendly as in puttin like random drop rates for different potions on bears and snakes and various things normally used to train on.... i mean come on give me 1 day with staff commands and i could put a dent in all this crap that needs gettin done...

No you couldn't ^_^ staff commands for actually changing the game drastically are limited, other than their map commands.
Si Senior!

#8 £LD£R

£LD£R
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 March 2005 - 08:12 PM

wait i have an idea of how to solve this whole problem, kill bill!!!!!!

#9 deadman

deadman
  • Members
  • 2395 posts

Posted 16 March 2005 - 08:29 PM

This game needs to change but it never will. So dont get your hopes up to much. Yes the current staff should be on more and enforce rules if they cant keep up they need to be replaced so stuff gets done. This game has gotten out of hand bc their is basically no rules an no1 on to enforce them. Even if you have to hire staff to handle rule breakers like cursing etc that would work. There should also be event staff that run there events on time an run their own too to keep things goin an it would prevent ppls rule breaking time.
Contact Unforgiven on 1a.

#10 Exodia

Exodia

Birr

• Members
  • 2265 posts

Posted 16 March 2005 - 08:43 PM

stop cryin already
Primex ingame

#11 £LD£R

£LD£R
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 March 2005 - 08:47 PM

here comes bill with his 2 sense, alwayz glad to hear wut u come up with next bill plz continue

#12 Matt

Matt
  • Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 16 March 2005 - 09:56 PM

The Jamane Forest/city is complete and actually in the game at the moment. But after trying to work with Oracle, Aidon AND Zephie to finish putting in the monsters/fixing small bugs I gave up and shortly after got ban.

So the fairly large new area is probably rotting unles JLH has deleted the area.
"Faith; noun. Belief without evidence in what is told by one who speaks without knowledge, of things without parallel." --- Ambrose Bierce

#13 Exodia

Exodia

Birr

• Members
  • 2265 posts

Posted 16 March 2005 - 10:55 PM

here comes bill with his 2 sense, alwayz glad to hear wut u come up with next bill plz continue

cents*
Primex ingame

#14 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5239 posts

Posted 16 March 2005 - 10:59 PM

Maybe if people didn't pregnant dog to them all the time staff would care more to deal with people.

Maybe the game doesn't need to change. I haven't seen anything wrong with Nightmist for quite a while, but the players around Nightmist seem to be getting worse about stealing and whining. A lot of old players have quit lately simply because they don't care to do the same old stuff anymore or they cannot stand the current players---which really, if people go all over NM, the stuff becomes different enough that it doesn't get THAT old...

As for Elder---
From what I can tell, you're a rather arrogant cabbage. Sure, you can fix problems you see---problems that might be problems for you and fine for half the game. There is a hell of a lot more to helping a game than there is to fitting one person's opinion.

-Gaddy
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#15 Sneaky

Sneaky
  • Members
  • 2372 posts

Posted 16 March 2005 - 11:55 PM

Amen.
Chuck Norris wears Jack Bauer pajamas.

deimos the noob said no

#16 combusta

combusta
  • Members
  • 1185 posts

Posted 17 March 2005 - 02:51 AM

whts jamane lol....im lost like always

ah the intelligence of combusta, the envy of all nightmist players...

o shut up tony

#17 Magoo

Magoo
  • Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 17 March 2005 - 05:54 AM

whts jamane lol....im lost like always

its an area that was gonna be put into the game by an old staff member till he got banned
Skills pay the bills and ur dead Broke

#18 Momba

Momba
  • Members
  • 670 posts

Posted 17 March 2005 - 06:52 AM

Would be nice to see players express their views of the game in a little more detail, and above all it would greatly help to see these views expressed BEFORE they get banned.

Was the game any good before you got banned? Or were you just so consumed with playing it that you didn't have time to post before Aidon banned you?
My inner child is a mean little f*ucker

#19 Pandilex

Pandilex

Administrator

• Admin
  • 568 posts

Posted 17 March 2005 - 12:42 PM

Dunno why you seem to think people have their views censored. People's tongues run riot, it's only language that gets them banned.
If you build it, they will come.

#20 Zelimos

Zelimos

DraigNET.com

• Members
  • 1049 posts

Posted 17 March 2005 - 01:01 PM

Dunno why you seem to think people have their views censored. People's tongues run riot, it's only language that gets them banned.

i believe you are a cretin.

as for Elder (however you've spelt it here). Pointless, personal opinions and constructive critisism will only get you hated. Welcome to nightmist.

#21 Simulation

Simulation
  • Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 17 March 2005 - 08:13 PM

Nightmist - Where the thiefs run wild and the staff are lazy

I vote that for the new moto.
«¤Mêad¤»*

#22 banana rejection

banana rejection
  • Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 17 March 2005 - 08:40 PM

how much does it cost to hire staff for NM?

#23 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5239 posts

Posted 17 March 2005 - 08:43 PM

I'm glad someone mentioned it...though I don't know if it was a real question.

None of the NM staff are paid. JLH spends more on the connection and computer crap than donations pay for..by a lot, at least I've always heard so.
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.

#24 banana rejection

banana rejection
  • Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 17 March 2005 - 08:47 PM

Tbh.. I was quite curious about it.. and then thought, what if he didnt pay them... They could rip the game to shreads and get away with it.

#25 Pandilex

Pandilex

Administrator

• Admin
  • 568 posts

Posted 17 March 2005 - 09:53 PM

I'm quite curious to know why people slag the game off and myself. If people don't like it, don't play it... Spare me the ill-conceived insults that really serve to do nothing but make the people sprouting them look idiotic.
If you build it, they will come.

#26 Jenni Edwards

Jenni Edwards
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 March 2005 - 10:05 PM

People also get banned for being taunted and finally responding to the taunting, while the person taunting them gets no punishment whatsoever. Another person who called someone else a bad word for a black person bypassed a dayban and is still playing, same person that bypassed a "perm ban" and was unbanned.

I also well remember being threatened with a ban whenever I did post my view, recieving warnings each time, topics locked and finally getting a ban, so yes, people DO have their views censored. We post our views, we get told to email to staff instead, as if that will help. All people who do that get is half hearted replies containing no real answers anyway.
IN LOVE WITH JOOP!

#27 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5239 posts

Posted 18 March 2005 - 12:07 AM

Usually logging onto MSN and talking to JLH has answered any questions or things I've needed done.

-Yesterday he deleted a character so I could restore one by the same name.
-Last week he bought clans after I contacted him about it.
-He re-arranged a clan house for me after I sent him rather simple maps of what I was thinking to change.
-He's explained certain things about why some stuff has happend.
-He once almost did a math problem for me...which I yelled in game, but ya...
-He sang along with a song I yelled.

And if you ask him something that he doesn't care to deal with, he lets you know rather than being a cabbage or avoiding it somehow.

Drumstick (to JLH): ive got you Greater Pacted...you cannot hurt me penguin! JLH attacked you with smelly sock for 200 points of damage.
Drumstick: jlh is a cheaterface
Drumstick yells from Viper Street: Yay! i survived the wrath of JLH
JLH attacked you with a television for 50 points of damage.

Drumstick yells from Southern Gatehouse: I will survive, i will survive...dang..i dont know the rest of that song..i know you guys know where im going though
JLH (Game Programmer) Pages You from The Arena (Triplex Tournament Arena): just as long as i've had weetabix i know i'll stay alive

I've never actually gotten ahold of Pandilex to deal with anything, don't know how (I don't use any email really)...don't really need help with stuff too often.

Either way, they do plenty enough for all of the whiners and gripers that log onto NM constantly complaining or giving out their passwords.
Call it kissing ass or whatever, but they do a hell of a lot more as far as helping the game or solving problems for me than any players have or can, and I'm tired of people making post about how they do nothing or don't care at all about what happens in the game.
They made the damn game; so they probably care more than people who play it.

#28 Harky

Harky
  • Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 19 March 2005 - 03:07 AM

Posted Image

#29 Bishop

Bishop
  • Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 19 March 2005 - 06:42 AM

*bows*

#30 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5239 posts

Posted 19 March 2005 - 07:18 AM

Harky...that's..beautiful.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users