33 replies to this topic

#1 Zelimos

Zelimos

DraigNET.com

• Members
  • 1049 posts

Posted 01 May 2004 - 04:34 PM

I'll be strait with this.

i think it should be removed perminantly, except for within arenas etc. why?

well, i, as many do, love to PK, it's something to do when you've just leveled your crit, after alot of hard work, and want some fun. Back in the days, PKing had no limit, if you were level 1, you were pretty much stuffed, as you could get PKed by archmasters, but now.... its easy. you cant get PKed until level 5, and even then you still have a chance because you cant get PKed by higher levels.

Now you ask, why do i want it removed? well, the answer is simple. It causes alot of problems.

Now you get the people who take this game way to seriously, and when they get PKed, they start shouting abuse about your life, your family, and the word "noob" comes to mind. My god, why can't some of you just grow the moose up?? you think it offends me that you talk about my family and my life? WELL OF COURSE IT DOES.

I am really mad about all this. This is supposed to be a game, and i get abuse about my personal life, when 99.9% of people in this game, do NOT know me at all.

Why don't i ignore them? because they wont go away. they page me, memo me, and wait for me down south so they can start giving me crap.

The most stupidest thing i have ever heard is this....

"You're just a dumb noob. AND you've been playing nightmist for over 3 years, you're a retard lmfao!"

what....the...fuk?

I really think something should be done about the complete and utter imature little brats that abuse and offend people, on this GAME.

Although amusing, it is really annoying.

Now, you can flame me and what not. Because i really could'nt care less anymore. you all think this is real life.

#2 Dan

Dan
  • Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 01 May 2004 - 04:40 PM

werd :)

#3 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 01 May 2004 - 04:43 PM

It's not about PK'ing, it's about people. If people weren't so immature, PK'ing wouldn't be a problem.
Posted Image

#4 Guest_Angelus_*

Guest_Angelus_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 May 2004 - 04:45 PM

Squiggle, aren't you that dude who told VampireDeviant to come and kick your ass irl....hmm maybe you need to take the game a lil less seriously.

#5 Zelimos

Zelimos

DraigNET.com

• Members
  • 1049 posts

Posted 01 May 2004 - 04:46 PM

I just spoke to JLH...

Ste - Mutant Rat: Squee..... says:
1 question, now im not taking a dig, because i love nightmist, i think the game is great, but the community could be improved......

But exactly WHAT kind of community are you trying to encourage here?

JLH - Nightmist says:
i can't effect the outcome of the community

of you can
of course*
look at Gemstone, their community is solid, one comment out of line and they're gone. 1 OOC sentance and they're banned, and the community is solid, mature, and fun
partly because its pay to play i think

JLH - Nightmist says:
yes
JLH - Nightmist says:
when nightmist gets a p2p version too, it will be similiar
JLH - Nightmist says:
because it means a great deal to people when they have to pay to play

Squiggle, aren't you that dude who told VampireDeviant to come and kick your ass irl....hmm maybe you need to take the game a lil less seriously.

:) no?

Edited by Squiggle, 01 May 2004 - 04:46 PM.

#6 alone

alone
  • Members
  • 2261 posts

Posted 01 May 2004 - 04:47 PM

-nods with Squee-

Hopefully, when these 'Children of Nightmist' grow up, they'll turn into nice people - But I doubt it.

-waits for the usual 'If you don't like it, leave-
"Entertain yourself with my nightmares."
- AfterAll

Bunny!

#7 Zelimos

Zelimos

DraigNET.com

• Members
  • 1049 posts

Posted 01 May 2004 - 04:49 PM

-waits for the usual 'If you don't like it, leave-

well people can say that. I've played nightmist for a long time, i do like the game, and some of the people in nightmist are great, ive made some good friends. If you get PKed ingame, they immediately "own you". But if you PK them you're immediately a noob who is really ugly, and whos whole family sucks. :)

#8 Guest_Angelus_*

Guest_Angelus_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 May 2004 - 04:50 PM

Wtf you talking about, you are Whitness ingame right, you harass my wife, you keep paging me about how you are irl and that you own me with your frikin adept, and then you tell Flirty (VampireDeviant) to come kick your ass irl....and now you post this? Dude get a mooseing life...

Edit: Oh and about the ugly part, why the moose do you ask my wife to add you on msn so she can see you, if you don't want trouble then you shouldn't start it. Dunno if you noticed but i didnt flame you one time on the forums and all of a suden you start talking big to me ingame. If you want something, then come and get it...

Edited by Angelus, 01 May 2004 - 05:20 PM.

#9 VampireDeviant

VampireDeviant
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 May 2004 - 05:39 PM

Ok first off the Pking to be removed....... umm how about no. This game thrives on pking. Without the hardships of pking the game would quickly get boring. You see when you work hard for your experience and have the knowledge (even if its just with in your own head) that you are a good player, then you want to pk, and those that do get pked do get a bit peeved at it because you lose some of that prestigious gain you worked so hard for. But as it is it is just a game. its for entertainment. so in short the game is pretty muched based on pking its one of the instrumental parts of the game without it the game would take a dive for the boring side.

Yes people do take offense to flaming and harassment. And in moderation it is fun and entertaining. Btw that is what the KOS list and enemy lists are for you dont like soemone take it out on them in game not with whining and throwing Idle insults at people

And Secondly Squiggle yes you did tell me to come to uk and kick your arse real life, you yourself are one of the biggest whiners in the game . You say you take offense to people talking about you and your family when they dont know you.. thats the point in itself they dont know you so you shouldnt take offense to the fact that someone talks about things they dont know. Its all in fun, and you seem to fail to realize this ... why the hell would I buy a plane ticket to the uk to come tear you a new one and fly back, for one waste of time and money, two illegal for me to touch you and three if I came to uk or anywhere over a large distance it would be for rest and relaxation not to come call upon you take you out in the steet and give you the beating you deserve.... ((ok see here is something you will take offense to but remember I dont know you , so hey its all in fun right, you took it out of game when provoking me to come and kick the retardedness out of you but I find it entertaining but then again I am quite demented and morbid in my own ways))

With all this said I have gotten bored with this subject already, a word to the wise though Squigs dont start stuff with other people and dont expect to get the same in return and when you do get the same in return dont try to whine about it on the forum under some other pretenses ....

PS Its a game have fun someone says something to you that you dont like come up with something witty to say back its all in fun and funny to those around you

#10 Stigmata

Stigmata
  • Members
  • 671 posts

Posted 01 May 2004 - 05:43 PM

You've just completely wasted your time.............

How you can even think that this post would inspire staff to remove pking? I know your more intelligent than that.......

Madness.
Ste - Pengant - Stigmata

#11 Velveta

Velveta
  • Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 01 May 2004 - 08:19 PM

Read the story line before posting your Drama on Forum... leave your emotions out of nm and Off our forum please..
The Ability To Speak Doesnt Make You Intelligent

Ðëåth §§ú®àñÇë

#12 Bean

Bean
  • Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 02 May 2004 - 12:13 AM

All of you need to lighten up.

Like seriously.... big time...
Copying from one is Plagiarism
Copying From many is Research.

It's so exciting I need to poo~Deval

#13 Zelimos

Zelimos

DraigNET.com

• Members
  • 1049 posts

Posted 02 May 2004 - 01:44 AM

All of you need to lighten up.

Like seriously.... big time...

that was my whole point

the whole removing PKing part was basically to say STFU, if you get PKed who cares?

as for harassing your wife... wtf? i came in and said hi. i was really bored and said "wanna get married?" as a joke. then your whole clan started paging me crap and threats. what the hell was up with that? then you started to threaten me personally, called me ugly... erm, right..... then started to dis my family, or one of you did. so dont tell me to stfu and stop taking it personally. you dont even know Leslie IRL so stop being overprotective as soon as she speaks to another guy. she didnt realise you were gunna start crying over it and cause a load of hassle.

Biggest whiners in game? nahhh, i dont cry when i get PKed. and i said that coz you were like... "he doesnt know who hes messing with", so i said fine, come to UK and show me. simple as that, you just wouldnt stfu.

TBH, i dont care what you say or think about me. im just a guy sat at home trying to get some enjoyment from playing an online roleplaying game. as soon as Deloria is back online, or shattered earth gets better or another mud is released, i'll be gone. so until that time, i suggest you just cope with me being here, because ive done nothing wrong, so just stop acting like children, TAKE the fact that i'll be down south waiting for you, and grow up.

#14 Bean

Bean
  • Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 02 May 2004 - 03:28 AM

When people pk me without warning I page them this.

'Was it good for you?'

gets em EVERY time.... they just dont know what to say. heheheh

#15 Oasis

Oasis
  • Members
  • 382 posts

Posted 02 May 2004 - 03:33 AM

When people pk me without warning I page them this.

'Was it good for you?'

gets em EVERY time.... they just dont know what to say. heheheh

Then I'd say hell ya it was.

#16 Bean

Bean
  • Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 02 May 2004 - 03:37 AM

Awesome, Come pk me. Then I can put it in my profile, and make pking look like sex!! :)

#17 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5239 posts

Posted 02 May 2004 - 05:53 AM

My favorite response to me fighting someone ever was the time I got a page-
"Can I pay you not to hit me?"
reply- "sure lol, how much would you pay?"
"100k?"
reply- "umm..ya, come to Arilin bank"

and i got paid 100k, i dont think I've seen the person since....i liked it because he didn't complain or anything like that, just dealt with the problem in a civil way that benefited me.

It is always nice when people don't say anything.

As for anything on topic...better not say anything, a rule of my new clan is that you cannot be bad, in any sense, on the forums..and well...i think we all know what'd happen if i had anything to say about this "suggestion".
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#18 Velveta

Velveta
  • Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 02 May 2004 - 08:25 AM

/lol Gaddy how long before you pked him lol :) i bet the next day you hacked him to the floor ;p
The Ability To Speak Doesnt Make You Intelligent

Ðëåth §§ú®àñÇë

#19 Stigmata

Stigmata
  • Members
  • 671 posts

Posted 02 May 2004 - 10:51 AM

If this post was not to be taken seriously, then what was the point of posting it in the suggestions forum?

It may be a funny point to raise, but surely there is a better place to discuss it rather than wasting peoples time who actually want to help the progression of nightmist, and not just mock it from a far with pointless suggestions.
Ste - Pengant - Stigmata

#20 kar

kar
  • Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 02 May 2004 - 11:02 AM

tell them 2 train in arena then...
thats wut i did wen i was still playing as slimshadeyx, got him 2 lvl 13 practicly in arena
ive tasted ye blood
ive drank ye blood
ze vampires are back

#21 Pandilex

Pandilex

Administrator

• Admin
  • 568 posts

Posted 02 May 2004 - 11:31 AM

In my opinion (And my existence), if someone is giving you abuse, then it automatically means they are inferior. I get a lot of abuse from players that have been banned, but it doesn't anger me or make me want to argue back or tell them how stupid they are. They're just someone on a game, far far away, who haven't grown up and are still very immature. Usually I laugh because I find it amusing. If more people took this approach - stood back and really tried to work out what it was they should get offended about - then there would be no need to vent your frustration on the forum.

I have been called every name under the sun, but providing it's not from someone I would consider a friend, such as someone I know well in real life, or even someone I've come to trust over the internet, then it's irrelevant what they say to try to upset/provoke me.

This attitude is a weapon in itself because it tends to wind the person up even more. In arguments in real life, particularly with one of my housemates who exhibits some signs of these people when he disagrees with something you've said, the same things happen (raises voice, starts to use insults to put you down, etc.). I just keep a level voice, and ask them to justify why they think they're right, and I'm incorrect. My politeness is infuriating for those who have themselves worked up into a frenzy and want to turn it into a shouting match.

The weapons of politeness and ignoring are by far the most powerful. So use them, rather than the forum for your opinions of other people.

Posting here will never alter a persons attitude.

And the original argument for removing the pking restrictions will surely accentuate the problem anyway?

We can see how much of a problem people taking what other people say too seriously is in this very thread. It is dragged off-topic and filled with abuse that flies back and forth.

I used to pk a lot in another game. Harky and I used to pk thousands and thousands of people. They would page me, with tons of abuse. I'd just reply with a smile then ignore them. They'll learn how to play one day.
If you build it, they will come.

#22 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 02 May 2004 - 11:35 AM

Well said, Pandilex. The best reaction is no reaction at all. It does get frustrating and annoying when people hurl abuse at you, but as soon as you start reacting with abuse of your own, they've already won you over.

If you must, step away from the game, get a glass of water and a take a few deep breaths as soon as things start to get a little heated. Eventually, people will stop bothering you if they find they cannot get a decent reaction out of you.
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#23 kar

kar
  • Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 02 May 2004 - 11:37 AM

:)
hes right u know
ive tasted ye blood
ive drank ye blood
ze vampires are back

#24 Zelimos

Zelimos

DraigNET.com

• Members
  • 1049 posts

Posted 02 May 2004 - 12:29 PM

Pandilex i do respect your statement, but it's not about the fact that im getting abused, i dont care. It's the fact that this kind of behaviour NEEDS to be dealt with. Dan doesnt like it, Toni definately doesn't like it, as people were verbally abusing her mother AND her daughter in game, and Maha certainly doesnt like it either, and most likely alot of other people.

I have a macro for DND when i go PKing, it says something like this....

You are DND now, with the message Just because i PKed you, doesn't mean you have to page me.

This solves the problem muchly. But if they bring all their alts down to SGH and start yelling abuse in open chat, i just wait for them to call me a stupid ****ing co** sucking queer and report it to JLH, then they get banned. :) either that, or just have fun and duel their alts with mine, i love close quarter combat in-game, i think it's great. i fight until i've dropped to a certain amount of EXP though :) lol

Edited by Squiggle, 02 May 2004 - 12:30 PM.

#25 Bean

Bean
  • Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 02 May 2004 - 07:03 PM

My way is still best :)

Its so disarming! :)

#26 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5239 posts

Posted 03 May 2004 - 12:32 AM

Oooo, another fun thing to do-
redirect pages to other crits, then when they page you complaining, play completely dumb and ask them what they're talking about, if they used bad words report then and tell them you did...high quality. (it'll work sometimes, when you find a person who doesn't know too much about what's going on, most players know better though.)
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#27 Cule

Cule
  • Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 03 May 2004 - 02:10 AM

i just have to say that its quite funny that ppl call you a newb ingame even when they dont know you ( mostly because they dont )
i have played this game over a year now and sometimes i get called a newb even here in the forum for all places ... it seems that some ppl call people that they dont know a newb ... sad i know. :)

its prolly cool to call someone a newb ... makes you feel good, like you know the "game" better or something ...

Edited by Cule, 03 May 2004 - 02:14 AM.

#28 Zelimos

Zelimos

DraigNET.com

• Members
  • 1049 posts

Posted 03 May 2004 - 11:22 AM

they call you a newb to make themselves look big. but when you call THEM a newb, they go off on one like you just murdered their grandmother or something.

Posted Image

#29 green_mantis

green_mantis
  • Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 03 May 2004 - 11:53 AM

I know how you feel Cule, I was on my pacifist and somebody decided they wanted to go on a killing spree. Well, needless to say, it took the wind out of their sails when they attacked me. They were hurt when trying to hurt me and decided I was a "noob" just because I enjoy helping people over killing them.
I am very sorry, if not for something I did, then it is for something I will do.

#30 Angelic

Angelic
  • Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 03 May 2004 - 03:42 PM

Just go dnd, and delete any memos you get within the pking time period...because if a friend had something to tell you, they'd just tell you on fc. :)
Ç®åz¥ Åñgë£ äká º»½ GøôÐ G ½ ßåÐ G«º

Crith/Angelic in-game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users