Photo

Whose The Best In The NFL?

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

Poll: Who has the best chance of gettin to the Super Bowl? (51 member(s) have cast votes)

Who has the best chance of gettin to the Super Bowl?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Phibie

Phibie
  • Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 30 October 2005 - 02:18 PM

I'm just wondering who you think is the best in the NFL?

Phibi - main / Survivor- 1a

#2 Tyler

Tyler
  • Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 12:45 AM

I'm picking the Colts for this year's SuperBowl. I'm not just picking them because they're the only undefeated team :( , but that's a start. Manning is throwing great this season, and I'm pretty sure with him and his WR's, not to mention his RB's and defense, he'll lead Indianapolis to the SuperBowl with a Colts win.

It's San Diego Chargers btw.

CEO & Founder of Twisted Tactics.

In-game

Multi: Veles or Elixir

1-alt: Liability

#3 Tyler

Tyler
  • Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 12:48 AM

I'm picking the Colts for this year's SuperBowl. I'm not just picking them because they're the only undefeated team :( , but that's a start. Manning is throwing great this season, and I'm pretty sure with him and his WR's, not to mention his RB's and defense, he'll lead Indianapolis to the SuperBowl with a Colts win.

In-game

#4 Tyler

Tyler
  • Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 12:50 AM

In-game

#5 Tyler

Tyler
  • Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 12:59 AM

In-game

#6 shomer

shomer
  • Members
  • 1104 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 01:31 AM

As for the best chance of making the Super Bowl, my choice isn't even up there. I pick the Giants to win the weak NFC. The AFC has several good teams so the chances of any of those teams are lower than a good team from the NFC, who would have much less competition ie the NFC North division-winner.

And by the way, how do you have the Raiders up there and not include the Falcons, Panthers, or Giants?
Page me on Heritage

#7 Sneaky

Sneaky
  • Members
  • 2372 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 01:53 AM

Eagles are horrible this year, I really don't know whats wrong with my boys... Oh well...Westbrook is still the man. The Giants actually do look like a good team this year.

I haven't seen a Colt's game yet, and haven't followed them at all, but they've got a good record. Their offense is really strong, as long as they keep a good defense, there's no reason that they shouldn't become the next AFC dynasty.

Edited by Sneaky, 02 November 2005 - 02:57 AM.

Chuck Norris wears Jack Bauer pajamas.

deimos the noob said no

#8 fallen

fallen
  • Members
  • 1011 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 02:38 AM

Pat's cause they have canada's own Doug fluttie

or Colts cause they have patton and the #1 defence in the league.
we will pass judgement on the day of your doom

#9 Exodia

Exodia

Birr

• Members
  • 2265 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 03:03 AM

NINERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Primex ingame

#10 Momba

Momba
  • Members
  • 670 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 06:49 AM

And by the way, how do you have the Raiders up there and not include the Falcons, Panthers, or Giants?

I agree bout the Raiders. They suck. With their schedule they won't even finish .500. I say they will lose their next 4.

Falcons? I live in Atlanta and I am here to tell you Vick sucks. He is the most overrated QB to ever play in the NFL. The retard knew so little about football when he came to the league that they limited the playbook to 25 plays so he wouldn't be confused. And what does he do after each set of downs. Goes and stands on the sidelines and cheerleads. He needs to take some lessons from the Manning brothers and call to the play booth and get em to send a copy of the plays sent down after each downs and study.

The guy has a pass rating on 63.0. And it isn't that he doesn't have any recievers. He just can't get the ball to them because he comes off the snap and plants his feet looking for a running lane instead of an open reciever. Man I can't wait for week 10 to get here. I hope his silly ass tries to run straight up and down on Green Bay. Nick Barnett says that if he doesn't learn to run like a QB and slide or get out of bonds that when he comes to town he is going to teach him.

NY Giants are my pick for the NFC. I am gonna have to wait til next Monday to give you my pick for the AFC. Everything in me says Indianapolis. They are the most well rounded team in the NFL right now. But everytime I bet against Tom Brady I end up having to work overtime to pay off the bets I lose. They guy is just flat out lucky.
My inner child is a mean little f*ucker

#11 Exodia

Exodia

Birr

• Members
  • 2265 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 05:05 PM

vick is overrated? haha yeh ok
Primex ingame

#12 Stotic

Stotic
  • Members
  • 530 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 05:50 PM

I'm a Jets fan and unfortunately the injury bug has destroyed all hope for us. Not to mention we have $64million invested in a QB who might of ended his career. Cap problems indeed.

And yes, Vick is extremely overrated. He basically plays on the Atlanta Vicks. Every Falcon game I watch, its Vick this and Vick that. He played horrible against the Jets 2 weeks ago. Dunn's the reason they won. He's an HB in the QB position. I don't think he'd even make it as a fulltime HB. He's so scrawny.
We'll douse ourselves in gasoline and hang our bodies from the lampposts.

#13 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5240 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 09:07 PM

"Da Bears."
"Madden could go out there alone and win every game."

Have got to love old comedy skits.
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#14 shomer

shomer
  • Members
  • 1104 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 09:12 PM

like the people on sportscenter said, you cant compare vick to qbs such as peyton manning since they have such different styles. people can criticize his decision-making or his passing stats, but just look at how much he wins. you people need to stop judging players by their fantasy league value and more by their own team value.

Edited by shomer, 02 November 2005 - 09:13 PM.

Page me on Heritage

#15 Momba

Momba
  • Members
  • 670 posts

Posted 03 November 2005 - 06:31 AM

You know something I don't?

They say there has never been a QB like him in the league. The name Randall Cunningham ring a bell? He makes Vick look like a high school player. Woohoo Vick ran for 902 yard last year. Big deal Randall in 1990 ran for 942 yards and still managed to pass for 3466 yards completing 58.3% of his passes. Vick threw for 2313 yards and threw as many interceptions as he did touchdowns. Which isn't saying much because he only threw 14 touchdowns.

His numbers as a QB literally suck. He was rated 21st last year. 21 fricken first. The 100 million dollar man couldn't even rank higher then Billy Volek.

Sure he is fun to watch. Exspecially if your on the other team. Last year he was sacked 46 times, threw 12 INT's and fumbled 16 times. That means that on average every game Vick plays he was good for 3 sacks and two fumbles/INT.

And even if you add all his rushing yards and passing yards together for last season (3,215) he is still only ranked 15th overall among QB's last year.

Watch Mike this week. He comes off the snap and plants his feet looking for a running lane. Not many times at all will you see him take a step back in the pocket looking for a passing lane. And when he does run he runs straight up and down trying to take hits. He has already proven with his 19 games missed due to injuries that he is soft. You think by now someone would have shown him were the sideline is or how to slide. Schaub is a better QB then Vick. His numbers speak for him. Given the starting time Mike has had he would of surely surpassed Vick. With a 90.3 rating I don't think I need say much more.

I predict Vick to miss atleast 2 games this season due to injury. If we are lucky someone will break his other leg, and folks will start to see that the 100 MILLION dollar man is truely overrated.

/t Shomer Umm goto www.11alivenews.com and search Crumpler. His team is begining to value him less and less. Many of the recievers are starting to question if he is there for the team or his own Sportcenter highlights.

Edited by Momba, 03 November 2005 - 06:38 AM.

My inner child is a mean little f*ucker

#16 Vër§íðñ 1.0

Vër§íðñ 1.0
  • Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 03 November 2005 - 11:40 AM

You know something I don't?

They say there has never been a QB like him in the league. The name Randall Cunningham ring a bell? He makes Vick look like a high school player. Woohoo Vick ran for 902 yard last year. Big deal Randall in 1990 ran for 942 yards and still managed to pass for 3466 yards completing 58.3% of his passes. Vick threw for 2313 yards and threw as many interceptions as he did touchdowns. Which isn't saying much because he only threw 14 touchdowns.

His numbers as a QB literally suck. He was rated 21st last year. 21 fricken first. The 100 million dollar man couldn't even rank higher then Billy Volek.

Sure he is fun to watch. Exspecially if your on the other team. Last year he was sacked 46 times, threw 12 INT's and fumbled 16 times. That means that on average every game Vick plays he was good for 3 sacks and two fumbles/INT.

And even if you add all his rushing yards and passing yards together for last season (3,215) he is still only ranked 15th overall among QB's last year.

Watch Mike this week. He comes off the snap and plants his feet looking for a running lane. Not many times at all will you see him take a step back in the pocket looking for a passing lane. And when he does run he runs straight up and down trying to take hits. He has already proven with his 19 games missed due to injuries that he is soft. You think by now someone would have shown him were the sideline is or how to slide. Schaub is a better QB then Vick. His numbers speak for him. Given the starting time Mike has had he would of surely surpassed Vick. With a 90.3 rating I don't think I need say much more.

I predict Vick to miss atleast 2 games this season due to injury. If we are lucky someone will break his other leg, and folks will start to see that the 100 MILLION dollar man is truely overrated.

/t Shomer Umm goto www.11alivenews.com and search Crumpler. His team is begining to value him less and less. Many of the recievers are starting to question if he is there for the team or his own Sportcenter highlights.

qft.

I"d post my thoughts but ih ave to go to school bai
I only log on to check memos, and rare chat. See you all on the other side.

#17 shomer

shomer
  • Members
  • 1104 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 08:44 PM

again, people point out vick's stats..well several people also believe that joe namath is one of the greatest quarterbacks to ever play the game, yet he only threw 173 td passes versus 220 interceptions and completed barely 50% of his passes. his qb rating, by the way, is only 65.4; and these numbers are below average even for the era he played in. he's just famous for his super bowl guarantee imo.

vick could end up being like that, or he might not. frankly, i'm tired of hearing everyone whine about whether vick is a good quarterback or not. despite what people say, a good quarterback wins, even if he has to overcome 2 or 3 interceptions to do it. stats don't always tell the story.
Page me on Heritage

#18 kuniva

kuniva
  • Members
  • 870 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 11:05 PM

well, vick must have some kind of talent, he's the starting QB for an nfl team. If thats real easy with no talent, then why cant i be there quarterback?? hehe

#19 Vër§íðñ 1.0

Vër§íðñ 1.0
  • Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 11:10 PM

again, people point out vick's stats..well several people also believe that joe namath is one of the greatest quarterbacks to ever play the game, yet he only threw 173 td passes versus 220 interceptions and completed barely 50% of his passes. his qb rating, by the way, is only 65.4; and these numbers are below average even for the era he played in. he's just famous for his super bowl guarantee imo.

vick could end up being like that, or he might not. frankly, i'm tired of hearing everyone whine about whether vick is a good quarterback or not. despite what people say, a good quarterback wins, even if he has to overcome 2 or 3 interceptions to do it. stats don't always tell the story.

Name 1 personw ho thinks Joe Namath is more then top 10 QBS ofa ll time, much less the best.

THe best team in the NFL, is a very simple answer. The Colts. Which team has not lost a game, The Colts, Payton Manning is playing great, the running game is going good, and the D Isn't loseing them games anymore, hell they are even winning them games.

The 2nd best team is THe Broncos

3rd: Pit

4th: Cin

5th: Pats(Untill someone knocks off "da champs")
I only log on to check memos, and rare chat. See you all on the other side.

#20 menardi

menardi
  • Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 11:53 PM

actually my favorite team is the falcons and my favorite player is vick i like them a lot but i have a feeling colts are gonna win it this year and jim stop crying vick owns you :(
Electron/Excuse in game~~ÐÎVΧÎØÑ

David
ØWÑÅG£

#21 combusta

combusta
  • Members
  • 1185 posts

Posted 05 November 2005 - 12:37 AM

again, Vick is good, and who are u Jim to say if he is good or not, he gets payed 100m a year, u wont get that much money in ur life, i prob wont either.

On another note, his team is 5-2, thats pretty good, so tell me a better qb in the NFL, and then his record (tom brady is 4-3, Bret Favre is 2-5). And please dont say Eli Manning or Carson Palmer, because Vick, unlike them, has no O-line or recievers, and has been 2 the playoffs twice, including NFC championship game once, they havent done that once yet.

ah the intelligence of combusta, the envy of all nightmist players...

o shut up tony

#22 Sneaky

Sneaky
  • Members
  • 2372 posts

Posted 05 November 2005 - 12:58 AM

McNabb is the most overrated QB in the NFL. Watch some of the passes he throws....my 10 year old cousin plays football (DEFENSE) and can throw better than some of them. He's given a ridiculous amount of time in the pocket, and this season has made nothing of it.

Watch him when he runs. McNabb is a big guy. He outweighs some of the people that bring him down. It points out how friggin girly he is. Pro Bowl selection? Please.

I love the eagles, but based on the way they played Denver, I'd be surprised if they make it to the playoffs. Their west coast offense isn't working, and they have no running game. McNabb HAS the arm to throw the long passes most of the time... but doesnt. He's not taking advantage of the fact that he has TO, who, despite all the criticism, is a damn good reciever.

And thats all I gotta' say 'bout that.

deimos the noob said no

#23 combusta

combusta
  • Members
  • 1185 posts

Posted 05 November 2005 - 01:07 AM

its true, but eagles arent that good, TO is the best reciever in the NFL, and now its relevant 2 say that :(. but Moss is better, hes faster and Taller, (maybe not as buff as TO, but hes agility makes him hard enough to tackle) to bad his qb isnt that great this year, but meh collins has the long ball, thats all moss wants

ah the intelligence of combusta, the envy of all nightmist players...

o shut up tony

#24 shomer

shomer
  • Members
  • 1104 posts

Posted 05 November 2005 - 01:22 AM

wonder if moss would be as good today if he didnt have cris carter to help him at the beginning of his career? :(
Page me on Heritage

#25 shomer

shomer
  • Members
  • 1104 posts

Posted 05 November 2005 - 01:26 AM

Name 1 personw ho thinks Joe Namath is more then top 10 QBS ofa ll time, much less the best.

just look at how many people there are that dont even follow football but recognize his name..i'm not saying he was the greatest to ever play, but people see him as a "great" quarterback just because of one game.
Page me on Heritage

#26 fallen

fallen
  • Members
  • 1011 posts

Posted 05 November 2005 - 01:36 AM

By the time Brady is done he will be the best QB to ever play the game..
we will pass judgement on the day of your doom

#27 Sneaky

Sneaky
  • Members
  • 2372 posts

Posted 05 November 2005 - 02:14 AM

First of all, Brady=white boy.

Watch some of the plays TO makes... caught a ball and took it down for the big six, 93 yards total. Record for both quarterback and reciever? Mhmm. They need to take advantage of him more, but not just via throwing the ball to him. TO draws double coverage, and people are finally realizing that my boy Westbrook needs some to. Thats 4 people covering 2 guys, someone's gotta be open :(.

deimos the noob said no

#28 Sublime

Sublime
  • Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 05 November 2005 - 08:05 AM

again, Vick is good, and who are u Jim to say if he is good or not, he gets payed 100m a year, u wont get that much money in ur life, i prob wont either. 

On another note, his team is 5-2, thats pretty good, so tell me a better qb in the NFL, and then his record (tom brady is 4-3, Bret Favre is 2-5).  And please dont say Eli Manning or Carson Palmer, because Vick, unlike them, has no O-line or recievers, and has been 2 the playoffs twice, including NFC championship game once, they havent done that once yet.

lol since when do the giants have a good o-line? granted we have alot of talent on offense, all of that being shockey, toomer, burress, manning, barber, wade, and jacobs, sad to say it but they run the giants offense, with not much help from our o-line, tiki busted out for alot of long, and lucky runs this season, not that im complaining but some were due to missed assignments on defense or just sloppy play.

obviously my choice is the giants, been a fan since i was 5 lol :(

vick is a good qb in his own respect, but, he's also stupid. anyone who takes that many hits a game, plays injured, runs the ball right into coverage as much as he does surely doesnt have a very long career as a starting QB. he can scramble like no other qb dont get me wrong, but its gonna catch up to him eventually.

Edited by Sublime, 05 November 2005 - 08:07 AM.

Sublime - 1a.

#29 Exodia

Exodia

Birr

• Members
  • 2265 posts

Posted 05 November 2005 - 03:31 PM

least he takes the hits like a man, not like the slidin cigarette qbs out there
Primex ingame

#30 Stotic

Stotic
  • Members
  • 530 posts

Posted 05 November 2005 - 05:18 PM

Yea at least he takes the hit and risks his 100million self to injury. Tell me one game that Vick has won by himself. Also, whoever said he didn't have any good receivers. How about moulds last year?
We'll douse ourselves in gasoline and hang our bodies from the lampposts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users