ability mage Suggestion

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Gregory67

Gregory67
  • Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:52 AM

I propose a new mage ability called Energy Drain(Open to other ideas for name) that would allow a mage to regen its mana at the cost of its hp.

The ability would be similar to rage as you would be able to switch it on and off, however there would be a minimum time (perhaps 1 minute) that it could be used, so that you couldn't go in and out of it easily.

The ability would drain a mage's hp, similar to poison, and regen mp while in the state. Casting it would greatly lower stats (dex/armor) and make the mage vulnerable to attacks. It would also wipe all buffs and spells such as aop, haste, invis, or even ar. It would not cleanse poison. It would stop when disabled or at 1 hp, but the mage would still be in danger of dying to poison. No spells could be cast while the ability is in effect.

I was thinking Energy Drain should be either a post-expert or post-master ability. The amount of mp gained and hp lost would have to be tested thoroughly but should depend on level, and should get better as the mage levels, similar to enhance.

The idea is that you will not need mp to cast the spell, just hp. This ability will make a mage more self-sufficient, able to stay out of town for longer periods of time, and less detrimental to boss trips.

Thanks in part to Sarah for helping with everything, but this is one of my many ideas I thought of to improve one of the many classes that have just disappeared over time.

1-Alt Only--Nighthawk In-game

#2 Adultery

Adultery
  • Members
  • 375 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:17 PM

even tho this is a great idea, mages are still a class that you cant really do anything with... if this ability could make it so that we could take a mage on a bossing trip or make the a viable class in game then im all for it, however from how it sits now it sounds like you simply want a little less mana useage when out training etc etc.

Adultery - Diabolic-Clorox

#3 ketchup

ketchup
  • Members
  • 399 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:30 PM

Uhuh

1alt : Titan / Viper / Exellency / Rampage. Main : Predator / Frostie

#4 Peacemaker

Peacemaker
  • Members
  • 1940 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:15 AM

I would say why not give mages a /tribute feature allowing them to tribute an amount of gold to regenerate mana just like a paci does on main. Then mage could go around training and having healing potions and not mana. This would still make them have to replenish their health but would also make them able to do just a tad bit more.

Peacemaker both servers.

#5 Cruxis

Cruxis
  • Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:17 AM

There are over 5 viable suggestions for make mages last longer on trips while not affecting other classes, and one has still not been picked.

I'm hoping but..don't hold your breath.

#6 ketchup

ketchup
  • Members
  • 399 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:52 PM

Jakes idea is kinda nice... Hpoes up

1alt : Titan / Viper / Exellency / Rampage. Main : Predator / Frostie

#7 Sarah

Sarah
  • Members
  • 493 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:06 PM

I feel like gold is such a necessity in 1-alt that /tribute wouldn't be used often. I know I wouldn't use it. We are suggesting a viable alternative to mana.

Corinne in-game.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ability, mage, Suggestion

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users