Crane's Content

There have been 6 items by Crane (Search limited from 07-June 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#264160 Boss Thread

Posted by Crane on 04 January 2024 - 08:34 PM in Game Discussion

You attacked Gothmog, Lord of the Balrogs with a Claws for 105 points of damage, sending the massive Balrog down the chasm from whence he came. (Phalanx)
You got 60848 gold pieces.
Gothmog, Lord of the Balrogs: No, this cannot be!
*** 25 MILLION XP! ***
A Gothmog, Lord of the Balrogs dropped a Cuffs of the Djinn.
You got a Cuffs of the Djinn.

Went with Gates and Cash... despite Cash insisting on bringing a Druid and 19 Thieves and losing one to the traps on the way up!  It wasn't my Anchor Stone that we used, so the prize goes to Gates, but Phalanx got a nice XP buff!

#264117 Boss Thread

Posted by Crane on 23 November 2023 - 03:22 AM in Game Discussion

Got a couple of bosses on the 1-alt server, and I was very happy to get the killshot on both (on Devout):

Shadow Wraith - Shadow Soul

You healed Aet'Thol for 118 points of damage. slaying the lich. - Skeleton Finger (he gave us the finger!)

#264114 Whispering Winds: Project Update (Halloween 2023)

Posted by Crane on 02 November 2023 - 11:58 AM in Off-Topic Discussion

That background image makes a heck of a difference.  It looks good.

#264111 Sad State Of Grimsby

Posted by Crane on 22 October 2023 - 02:12 PM in Off-Topic Discussion

This is something that just popped into my feed and it's certainly something I want to raise awareness of... besides the fact that Grimsby was once home to the Nightmist server.

https://www.youtube....h?v=AAQgngfpA2I

#264086 Boss Thread

Posted by Crane on 13 July 2023 - 09:34 AM in Game Discussion

Santana rapidly fired at Resca with his Demonic Crossbow. Killing it.
Resca: Noooo!  You cannot let it take me.... Not after so many years... I was SO CLOSE!

*** 25 MILLION XP! ***
As the aged priest falls, his body seems to shimmer and waver.  You manage to grasp one of the charms from his neck before he is gone.
You picked up a Bloodstone.

Worst drop, but it was the first time I had soloed this boss.  I had fought him earlier in the day, but I had ran out of mana of all things and had to evacuate.

#264015 Unexpected Blast From The Past!

Posted by Crane on 04 March 2023 - 03:06 PM in Off-Topic Discussion

So I had a very unexpected but pleasant blast from the past a few days ago.  I got contacted by a Duke Nukem 3D player telling me that him and a team were playing games on TeamDUKE, a Total Conversion I made for the game back in the year 2000 when I was only 14 years old.  As indicative of the name, it adds team multiplayer capabilities to the game.

They even provided me a YouTube video of some of their games in action: https://www.youtube....h?v=vxVotQr2F-A

Obviously the mod has been updated a bit to run on more modern ports and to remove a couple of annoying quirks, but it's all there, and it brings such a huge smile to my face that something I created over 20 years go is still being enjoyed today.