Stig's Content

There have been 15 items by Stig (Search limited from 09-June 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#264157 Changelog: 1St January 2024

Posted by Stig on 01 January 2024 - 12:34 PM in Announcements and Info

Both Servers

Monster changes:

- Dryads now have less armour.

Item changes:

- The Kiss of the North can now be equipped by Mages, if mostly for novelty, affects more monsters and has improved effectiveness against the monsters it already affects.

Multi-alt Server

Area changes:

- You will no longer drop items in the death traps in the Tomb of Shadows.

1-alt Server

Monster changes:

- The Water Fairy has had its drops fixed.

#264138 Bear Necessities

Posted by Stig on 22 December 2023 - 08:18 AM in Announcements and Info

So I'm sure some of you have noticed by now that something is amiss in Nightmist's forests... a supernatural curse has afflicted the bears throughout the realm.  Not a single one has escaped its effects - the only cure is to set them free.  Can you help?  Gaea will be grateful.

#264104 Passion Project: Whispering Winds: Chronicles Of The Ethereal

Posted by Stig on 25 September 2023 - 10:08 PM in Off-Topic Discussion

The image links say "Access Denied" when I try to open them.

#264093 Drop Rates On Some Multi Items

Posted by Stig on 26 July 2023 - 12:28 PM in Improvements

Some interesting ideas there.

#264087 Changelog: 9Th July 2023

Posted by Stig on 13 July 2023 - 09:56 AM in Announcements and Info

Multi-alt Server

Monster changes:

- Honey Badger XP increased from 92 to 102.
- Tarantula XP increased from 85 to 97.

- Grotesque XP increased from 97 to 110.
- Roc Hatchling now has a new drop.

#264079 Changelog: 9Th July 2023

Posted by Stig on 09 July 2023 - 04:18 PM in Announcements and Info

Both Servers

Monster changes:

- Maneaters now respawn every 10 minutes rather than every minute.

- The NPC Coppola will no longer reveal covert Thieves.

- You can now obtain Water from an Oasis NPC by giving it an Empty Flask or similar item.

Item changes:

- The Torch has had its description updated.

- The Machete has had its description updated and is now more effective against Maneaters (multi-alt only), Alligators, Crocodiles and Centipedes.

1-alt Server

Area changes:

- A new Mercenary Camp can be found on the Lost Trail.

- A number of new /examines can be found in areas near Blackthorn.

#264068 Ogre's Head

Posted by Stig on 27 June 2023 - 01:45 AM in Help Forum

Unfortunately there isn't a place currently, but given how often players train in that area I can see the appeal and the risk of causing an excess of supply.  I'll ponder on creating a suitable location, but you and others are welcome to post suggestions for locations and prices.

#264006 Question For Anyone Who Can Possibly Answer

Posted by Stig on 18 February 2023 - 03:04 PM in Game Discussion

I was the same... I liked the scenery that the text descriptions helped convey, but I liked to keep to myself, and 1-alt really didn't do much for me for a long time.  But it came to the point that you couldn't do anything by yourself... not even train because of the kill-to-pass monsters at the gates.

P.S. Foxie = Azure

#264003 Question For Anyone Who Can Possibly Answer

Posted by Stig on 17 February 2023 - 04:40 PM in Game Discussion

I remember that voting thing, and I saw some prototype items, one of which said at least 90% of the playerbase must approve you levelling to 40.  I immediately thought "are you stupid?"  For one thing, trolls will always be a thing, saying "no" just because they want to see the world burn, and secondly, at the time, the playerbase was near-evenly split between two clans who absolutely hated each other, so there would be a guaranteed clique that would collectively vote "no" to anyone in the opposite clan wishing to level, or heck, anyone who wasn't with them.

I don't know which staff member wished to add things to 1-alt (female implies Azure, Amy or Elf).  I can only hope that it has at least changed for the better over the last decade.

When I was still on my mortals, I was constantly begging for staff to remove the Cobalt Staff of the Winds from 1-alt before someone bought one, because it was just so much more powerful than the boss drops and it would kill trips to bosses like the Time Knight (who only dropped the Blade of Time at the time).  Staff dragged their heels, and one was bought, and the rest was history.  When I become staff again, nerfing the Cobalt Staff of the Winds was a partial soltuion that was meant to test the water to see how the players would respond to it being removed... well, there was uproar when its vamparic rating was reduced from 0.3 to 0.2!  Still, with the training weapons and some new powerful crafts, I think it worked out okay in the end.

#263997 Question For Anyone Who Can Possibly Answer

Posted by Stig on 15 February 2023 - 08:39 PM in Game Discussion

Not quite.  I had left staff before 1-alt's inception, mostly because I was at consistent loggerheads with Trevayne.  I had no input in how 1-alt was put together in the early days, otherwise I would have seriously voiced my opposition to the use of the Coliseum for levelling above 30, for example.  I returned to 1-alt upon Jase's invitation (one of the few good things he's done), mostly because of staff wanting nothing to do with 1-alt and development being stagnant.  I tried to stay out of Trevayne's way, but we quickly became enemies again when I pointed out a technical error on the staff forum relating to Scripto's Halloween Quest.  I had asked Scripto permission to participate as a player, and he accepted, but when I ran into the bug on my mortal (one of his NPCs wasn't trading properly), I explained how to fix it based on the information posted on the staff forum, and Trevayne kicked up a storm because he saw it as cheating (using information not privy to players, something I had gotten into hot water with before) and used very lawyer-like accusations on me.  It took a few days to resolve, which was Scripto posting to confirm he did give me permission to participate, and me pointing out that the information regarding the trading recipe wasn't private because it was spelt out in a recipe item in-game... long story short, everything about that quest was open knowledge from the start.  Trevayne left not long after that, although I'm not sure if it was because of that incident, but when he left, I also returned to multi-alt because the server was left without a developer.

#263992 Question For Anyone Who Can Possibly Answer

Posted by Stig on 13 February 2023 - 03:39 PM in Game Discussion

Well, it was Trevayne who added the White Ring to Blackthorn and was the first ring that didn't require significant effort to get (in regards to battling through an area or going through a bit of hardship - true, it's easiest to use a Pacifist to collect a Ring of Astray, while the Ring of Fire requires getting to Tirantek, going through the Abandoned Mines, battling a Drow Rogue and a Drow Mage, the former of which is an assassin, and then finding your way out again.  And the craftable 4ac rings in the tower require killing bosses.

When mapped onto 1-alt, the 4ac rings generally require parties to acquire, so the same rule applies.  It also helps to not devalue the Crystal Ring too much, which otherwise takes patience and specific crits to kill (usually Rangers).

#263990 Question For Anyone Who Can Possibly Answer

Posted by Stig on 12 February 2023 - 04:14 PM in Game Discussion

White Ring doesn't exist on the 1-alt server (you can confirm this with /library)

#263979 Single Greatest Crit Ever?

Posted by Stig on 05 February 2023 - 05:04 AM in Game Discussion

Heh, didn't expect you to show up again Jen.  Hello!

#263946 Tirantek Mines

Posted by Stig on 24 January 2023 - 11:20 AM in Improvements

That comes off as rather lazy, you know, to just skip battling the Drow populace to grab the journal and leave.  Pacifists were never supposed to be checkers and examiners like that.

#263922 Crystals Of Christmas

Posted by Stig on 02 January 2023 - 03:09 PM in Announcements and Info

Quite a few players were unable to participate over Christmas due to family commitments, which is perfectly understandable.  To accommodate for this:

The quest will run until the 5th.

After which, the elves will remain until the 7th so any remaining crystals can still be traded, collected and transmuted.