Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - First Time! »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
03/29/24 at 15:28:07

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist - Improving the game
   Nightmist Development
(Moderators: Stotic, JLH, Zephie, Pandilex)
   First Time!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: First Time!  (Read 1008 times)
World
England 

Page/Memo me on World

View Profile

First Time!
« on: 02/11/04 at 20:51:16 »
Quote Quote

This is the first time i've made a map so please don't flame me to much, i don't mind if you tell me what i've done wrong but not like 'that idea is just crap'.

Library info for Helm Of Ever Lasting Beauty;
Armor base: 10, Can be worn by: pacifists, paladins, rangers, clerics, Description: This helmet was carved from the tough skin of the Elder Beast after it was slain from its cave, the skin when removed from the Elder's body seems to sparkle when shone in light, it reflects a kind of beauty on to the wearer making them shine with a certain aura. , Level needed to equip it: 25, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: -1, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 2.

This Helm is the item recieved for doing this certain quest.

Descriptions
Normal Square

As you enter the room blood stains cover the walls from many who have fought there way into the depths of the cave. The walls are cracked and many tunnels are leading of in diffrent directions. The cave continues north, south, east, west,

2nd Floor

As you start to get closer to the top of the cave you start to notice bodies hung by there legs attached to the top of the ceiling, blood drips from them staining the armor you are wearing, as you look down at the floor a trail of thick blood leads to the west. You may continue further into the depths of the cavern to the north and south or follow the thick blood to the west.

3rd Floor(boss room)

As you finish climbing the ladder you look around and see various corpses lying on the floor, many are still attached to the ceilings of the cave and as you search for the blood stain it stops, you look up and are assaulted by a viscious beast(this will damage around 40 points of damage because its a trap). You may flee back down or continue to fight the Elder Beast.

Monsters

Elder Beast
HP:200,000  
Attacks:Attacks with its claws and teeth for 40-50 points of damage.   It blinds with blood causing the person it does it to to have a lower hit and dodge rate by 30%(unsure). Has 2 stamine attacks using its second stamina 3 seconds after it used its first one

The Elder Beast is a fearsome foe with, blood drips from its mouth as it looks you up and down looking were to strike next, it follows your every movement and when the time is right darts in for the kill. The Elder Beast is mortally wounded.

It drops the helm i described earlier up the page and around 10,000 gold.

Shaded Beast
HP:2000
Attacks:Attacks with paws for 30-40 points of damage

You look over the shaded beast only to see a bear type creature, you can't quite make it out as it is hiding in the shadows.

drops around 400 gold

Lifeless Beast
HP:5000
Attack:This Beast doesn't attack other people only if it was attacked first, you cannot pass while one of these is on the square, when it does attack it hits with paws for 20-30.

Description when not attacked yet:The beast seems lifeless and doesn't respond to you entering the room.
Description when it has been hit:The best is alive and breathing, it prepares itself for the fight for its life, its claws start to twitch like there just waiting to strike. The Lifeless Beast is mortally wounded.

drops around 400 gold

StoryLine: The cave was once inhabited by the elves that once lived in the hills. They found this cave and lived there for a long time. There leader Coran stumbled across a secret passage way in the throne room, it was a walkway with a pair of ladders at the end, as he gained curoius of what was up there he started to journey up the ladders. From there on not much more of the story is known, the cave within weeks was overrun by beasts that could sense the evil beings inside the place, they searched for the passageway but still haven't found it.

Requirements:for levels 25+ (optional) based on a party of 4-5.

Thank you if you read it all if ive missed anything just say and i will post it as soon as I can
IP Logged

Page or Memo me on World
World
England 

Page/Memo me on World

View Profile

[u][/u]Re: First Time!
« Reply #1 on: 02/12/04 at 16:57:47 »
Quote Quote

Speech

Elder Beast:Mwahahaha!!! A Worthless Foe Like You Doesn't Stand A Chance Against Me!

Shaded/Shadow Beast:The Secret Is Mine!

Lifeless Beast:Leave Me To Feed Off The Darkness Within This Cave!

Items Dropped: Ladder key 1(takes you to floor 2)=Found When /Examine Is Done On The Square
Items Dropped: Glittering Key(takes you to floor 3)=Has To Destroy An Army Of 6 Shaded Beasts On One Square
Items Dropped: Helm Of Ever Lasting Beauty=Dropped When You Kill The Elder Beast(48% chance drop)
Items Dropped: Scroll Of The Elder's(takes you to the basement of the cave)=Dropped When You Kill The Elder Beast(50%)

Basement

Description: This floor of the cave which looks more like a basement seems to be less tainted than the rest of the cave, every now and then a bat flies past, and to your suprise the bats are bright red like their skin has been scolded by a fire.

Enemy: Red Bat
HP:800
Attacks: attacks with wings and fangs for around 70-80 points of damage.

Boss: Master Elf
HP:500,000
Attacks: attacks with corrupt blade for 50-60 points of damage and attacks with blaze for 90-110 points of damage.
Strengths: Cannot be hurt by normal weapons, it will do no damage.
Weakness: Magical weapons will do normal damage against it.

Drop:
Library info for Enchanted Elvish Armor:
Armor base: 20, Can be worn by: fighters, thieves, rangers, clerics, druids, mages, paladins, pacifists Description: The armor recieved from slaying the Master Elf has ancient elvish writing from around 3000 years ago wrote down both sides of the armor, the armor is a bit heavy to hold at first but seems to give the wearer the occaisonal twitch in the hands., Level needed to equip it: 25, Strength modifier: 2, Intelligence modifier: -1, Dexterity modifier: -2, Constitution modifier: 1, Wisdom modifier: -1, Charisma modifier: 2.

The armor might need to be tweaked a bit to make it better/worse because of the hardness of the boss
IP Logged

Page or Memo me on World
Stotic
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

We Can Rise

View Profile WWW

Re: First Time!
« Reply #2 on: 02/13/04 at 01:45:56 »
Quote Quote

I read the first 25% of your 'project' to come to the conclusion that if you are actually serious about this area then you should focus more on your grammar.  Btw I don't think the suggested boss drop would be used quite often at -1 dex.
IP Logged

We'll douse ourselves in gasoline and hang our bodies from the lampposts.
Lavalamp
New_Zealand 

ßëç¢ð

View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: 02/14/04 at 04:01:20 »
Quote Quote

no offense stotic, but coming from you, your grammar can be somewhat 'off-centre' at times... i think maybe you should be a mod and not a flamer... hes obviously spent sometime typing that out, only for you to read 25% of it and say he needs to correct his english.. read the thread "First Time!"
IP Logged

Dunkler_Engel/Healer/Cylena/Kalee/Tolv/Meadow/Charisma/Dark_Elfen_One/Emerge/ + A lot more
alone

My beautiful escape. Fall from pain. My suicide.

View Profile Email

« Reply #4 on: 02/14/04 at 04:22:04 »
Quote Quote

Stotic's grammar is just fine, when it needs to be. The point he was making was that when presenting your idea to the community as a whole, it should have little to no errors in it for the best results, and to actually get read.
IP Logged

Raylen
England 

=)/¥\r.Ñ¡çÊ.Gû¥ (=

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: 02/16/04 at 01:04:38 »
Quote Quote

Insane stat mods on that armour there son Grin I think the -2 dex would make it pretty un-usable...but seems like you've actually put some thought into this Smiley

IP Logged

Page/memo Commotion
Oz
USA 

x_bulldogdan_x  
View Profile Email

« Reply #6 on: 02/17/04 at 15:39:43 »
Quote Quote

Does this place have a name?
IP Logged

Oz untill all my crap is sold...them i'm blowing this popsicle stand.
Deval
Australia 

What one lacks in skill, he makes up for with alts

61207412 61207412   Death_Jester_King   HitCowsWithCars
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: 02/17/04 at 21:51:02 »
Quote Quote

Spookyville
IP Logged

'Madness you say! Do you fear me? Are you afraid of what I might do, of what I might say? What a fascinating reaction. Don't you find it somewhat encumbering?'
World
England 

Page/Memo me on World

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: 02/17/04 at 22:31:32 »
Quote Quote

The Ancient Elders Cave
IP Logged

Page or Memo me on World
alone

My beautiful escape. Fall from pain. My suicide.

View Profile Email

« Reply #9 on: 02/17/04 at 22:37:12 »
Quote Quote

Sounds a bit.. Not right to me. Sorry.. Why not just Elder Cave? Or, The Elder Cave? Something that rolls when you say it is good.

I'm off to EC, wanna come?
OR
I'm off to AEC, wanna come?
IP Logged

World
England 

Page/Memo me on World

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: 02/17/04 at 22:38:07 »
Quote Quote

okay switch the 's' around  

The Ancient Elder Caves
IP Logged

Page or Memo me on World
ice_cold

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #11 on: 02/17/04 at 23:41:35 »
Quote Quote

try Ancient Elder's Caves'
IP Logged
Stotic
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

We Can Rise

View Profile WWW

« Reply #12 on: 02/18/04 at 04:57:59 »
Quote Quote

on 02/14/04 at 04:01:20, Lavalamp And Seito wrote:
no offense stotic, but coming from you, your grammar can be somewhat 'off-centre' at times... i think maybe you should be a mod and not a flamer... hes obviously spent sometime typing that out, only for you to read 25% of it and say he needs to correct his english.. read the thread "First Time!"

Find me one post by myself with "off-center" grammar.  I did read the thread title.  Unfortunately for you it's his first time designing an area, not typing in English.
IP Logged

Nilanna

View Profile

« Reply #13 on: 02/18/04 at 05:15:16 »
Quote Quote

Some of us tend to forget that English is not the only language, and also like to assume that because someone can type english, that english was their first language, and were born in an english speaking country. Some times as bad as the "grammar" or whatever may seem, cut them some slack.  

Oh, and by the way the area looks interesting to say the least.
IP Logged
Stotic
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

We Can Rise

View Profile WWW

« Reply #14 on: 02/18/04 at 05:46:13 »
Quote Quote

on 02/18/04 at 05:15:16, Nilanna wrote:
Some of us tend to forget that English is not the only language, and also like to assume that because someone can type english, that english was their first language, and were born in an english speaking country. Some times as bad as the "grammar" or whatever may seem, cut them some slack.  

I am unsure what any of that has to do with anything here.  Whether English is their first language or not holds no significance.  And don't sprout on my argument.  Keep on topic.
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.