Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - Area Development (Thought I take a shot at it) »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
04/19/24 at 13:33:37

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist - Improving the game
   Nightmist Development
(Moderators: Stotic, JLH, Zephie, Pandilex)
   Area Development (Thought I take a shot at it)
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Area Development (Thought I take a shot at it)  (Read 1297 times)
Gothic_Plague

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

Area Development (Thought I take a shot at it)
« on: 12/31/03 at 07:41:18 »
Quote Quote

Note: This is a rough layout, I wanted to get this out their to see if anyone liked it. I have the rest in my head, but would wait on feedback before I put down the whole thing. Serious comments only please, or and, suggestions. Thank you.

The Cathedral of the Haunted: The Duke of the north sought to take this land under his ambient, attached the Bell keeper was to his home he begun dabbling in the arcane of death, he made a pack with Tryeri, the Demon of War. He would keep his Cathedral from the hands of the Duke, but Tryeri tricked him, and now the bell keeper lives their in his undead life, and as the Witching Hour comes, you can still hear the old bell chime away the night, or is that the Bell ringing by it self?

When entering you first must go through the Cemetery. All Monsters below that are in the Cemetery are given the $ Symbol. Next you go through the Crypt which is giving a @ Symbol, then you work your way upstairs into the Cathedral and the monsters their are giving the # Symbol. In the Cathedral you will climb one rope ladder and fight the Bell Keeper, who drops the bellower key, and sometimes a bell mallet. Finally if you live long enough you will venture into the bell tower, and fight the Possessed Bell.

Monsters:  

$Rotted Flesh (Basically, they are Zombies) Gold: 121

-HP 400 Medium Armor/Normal Attack-Bite and Claw

$Possessed Mourner (Unlike their Pacifist brothers, they attack) Gold 109
-HP 450 Medium Armor/Normal Attack-Shovels and Picks

$/#/@Coffins (Similar to the Chairs and tables of Sarka)
-HP 425 Medium Armor/Normal Attack-Coffin Lid

#/@Poltergeist-Hp 450 High Armor Gold 95
Normal Attack-Shadow Claws  
*Cry of Mourning=This spells poisons everyone on that square for 10 hps.

@Crypt Spiders hp 75 Gold 54
Normal Attack-Pinchers
*Poisons for 7 points.

$/#/@Zombie hands- HP-Can not be killed (The Zombie Hands randomly appear from square to square, hitting any person or persons upon that square before disappearing, and randomly appearing on another square.)

Bell Keeper- HP 40,000 Armor Very High Gold 1583
Attacks: Mallet-When hit by mallet, it drains One Stamina from you, and also takes HPs.

-Randomly Drops the Mallet for Fighters.(Cause Zerkers, Beserking with this would be invincible)

Bell: 58,000 Armor Very High. Gold 2817
Attacks: Slams into you
Special: When the Bell is rung used it drains two stamina from everyone on the square and hypnotizes them.  

--Randomly Drops the Bell for Mages, Paladins and Clerics.
-----  
This place is mainly for levels 20-30  
-----  
The traps will be an instant death. Basically, you fall into an open grave plot for the Cemetery. The wall collapses on you in the Crypt, and the floor breaks out from under you in the cathedral. The floor in the Cathedral is rotted in various places, so step on the wrong square, and your dead.
-----  
In the Cathedral there is a Square called "Confession Booth" which will be a no PK square.
-----
IP Logged
alone

My beautiful escape. Fall from pain. My suicide.

View Profile Email

Re: Area Development (Thought I take a shot at it)
« Reply #1 on: 12/31/03 at 13:42:57 »
Quote Quote

Why does everyone give things with high HP, high armor? And things with low HP, low armor? It'd be much more fun fighting something with 500hp and shed loads of armor, then it could mock you Cheesy

Anyways.. Now i shall read your idea Grin

--

Not much in the way of descriptions for each part. I like the basic idea of it, just needs more, in my opinion..
IP Logged

Vagabond
New_Zealand 

R€ñ€G@Ѐ

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: 01/23/04 at 08:35:46 »
Quote Quote

Sounds like a chair as area man Cheesy

But what have you got against bells?

Grin Gw
IP Logged

Vãg@BøÑd, THùÑЀ®J@, €XPØrT, ÑØM@Ð, CH@mP@Gñ€, JûGG€®Ñ@ÚT, Br€@K€R ingame
Deval
Australia 

What one lacks in skill, he makes up for with alts

61207412 61207412   Death_Jester_King   HitCowsWithCars
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: 01/27/04 at 21:28:49 »
Quote Quote

on 12/31/03 at 13:42:57, alone wrote:
Why does everyone give things with high HP, high armor? And things with low HP, low armor? It'd be much more fun fighting something with 500hp and shed loads of armor, then it could mock you Cheesy

Or why even that? Put crit/alt limit on grids and have fun bosses like they did back in the day.
IP Logged

'Madness you say! Do you fear me? Are you afraid of what I might do, of what I might say? What a fascinating reaction. Don't you find it somewhat encumbering?'
Id

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: 01/28/04 at 01:40:29 »
Quote Quote

I remembered the ogre (think that's what it called) ...the higher the number of players, the faster it heal/attack(or just seem like it).  Lol...my noobies friends and I used to gang up on it..and can't get it pass slightly.

*sigh* those were the days...
IP Logged

I told you we were facing the wrong way!
Don't underestimate the power of a dark clown.
-Trippin' the Rift-
Abj
United_Kingdom 

I Dunno y?

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: 01/28/04 at 22:59:09 »
Quote Quote

Quote:
$Possessed Mourner (Unlike their Pacifist brothers, they attack) Gold 109  
-HP 450 Medium Armor/Normal Attack-Shovels and Picks

Maybe they are like pascifists if you attack them it hurts you, only way to kill is to heal (Being Undead and all)
IP Logged

Abj, Alienated, Firekeeper, Steam, Zooom
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.