Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - Design a bow! »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
04/23/24 at 15:30:01

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist - Improving the game
   Nightmist Development
(Moderators: Stotic, JLH, Zephie, Pandilex)
   Design a bow!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Design a bow!  (Read 2832 times)
DemonSkys
USA 

Momento Mori

alaskaredrose   alaskaredrose
View Profile

Re: Design a bow!
« Reply #20 on: 12/11/03 at 09:38:57 »
Quote Quote

Library info for Bone Bow:  
Base damage: 19, Can be used by: rangers, Description:A rather oddly formed bow. It was warped within the swamplands. A tribe of cannibals that dwelled long ago within the swamps before the Hydra's came. They crafted a bow of bone. Created from the leg bone of a human it was left out til it became soft from rain and water then bent and tied with human skin forming the string. Drawn tightly it hits swiftly but not as damaging as a wooden bow. Level needed to equip it: 22, Magical: No, Vamparic: No, Armor: -1, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0.5, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0, Poison chance: 0, Poison/30s damage: 0, Monster damage table: , Mana leech:  

Alt drop for the spirit or hydra heads.  

example: The Hydra Head sinks into the swamps. As it submerges it coughs up in a gush of crimson blood what seems to be an ancient bow. You got a Bone Bow.
IP Logged

From the shadows....
saiffo

Email

« Reply #21 on: 12/12/03 at 23:42:16 »
Quote Quote

Library info for Bow Of Mead:  
Base damage: 25, Can be used by: rangers, Description: This bow is made from the fine craftsmenship of the Windia shopkeeper himself!It is said that the beholder of this bow has magical powers as to of hit the enemey with great strength. Level needed to equip it: 30, Magical: Yes, Vamparic: No, Armor: 0, Strength modifier: +1(maybe), Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0, Poison chance: 0, Poison/30s damage: 0, Monster damage table: , Mana leech: .
IP Logged
Claw

Email

« Reply #22 on: 12/13/03 at 05:50:28 »
Quote Quote

Library info for: Possessed Bow
Base damage: 18, can be used by: Rangers, Description: This bow has been passed down from from demons and is possessed, and any how touches it, is to be possessed him/herself.  The holder of the this weapon slowly looses health to the demons. This bow has the power to take down an enemy in one blow. lvl needed to equip: 28Magical: No, Vamparic: No, Armor: 0, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0, Poison chance: 0, Poison/30s damage: 0, Monster damage table: , Mana leech: .

chance of one hit kills (only to ppl and monsters, not bosses) 5%, alternate drop for demonic general maybe?
EDIT: Oh yeah, I forgot, you also lose 1 hp per 2-3 seconds.
« Last Edit: 12/15/03 at 17:18:12 by god_of_black_death » IP Logged
Bun
United_Kingdom 

~¤ RôÇK§tåR§ ¤~

View Profile

« Reply #23 on: 12/15/03 at 10:32:36 »
Quote Quote

on 12/12/03 at 23:42:16, saiffo wrote:
Library info for Bow Of Mead:  
Base damage: 25, Can be used by: rangers, Description: This bow is made from the fine craftsmenship of the Windia shopkeeper himself!It is said that the beholder of this bow has magical powers as to of hit the enemey with great strength. Level needed to equip it: 30, Magical: Yes, Vamparic: No, Armor: 0, Strength modifier: +1(maybe), Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0, Poison chance: 0, Poison/30s damage: 0, Monster damage table: , Mana leech: .

nice bow let all go get an arch cleric 3-5 rangers with that bow and go rape every one on nm great idea
IP Logged

~¤ RôÇK§tåR§ ¤~
World
England 

Page/Memo me on World

View Profile

« Reply #24 on: 12/16/03 at 18:42:16 »
Quote Quote

Library info for Bow Of Life
Base damage: 8, Can be used by: Rangers, Description: This bow looks like a normal rusted steel bow, but as you pick it up an aura seems to surround you, as you pull back the string you realise it isn't made of string its a very thin peice of wood, so thin it is thinner than any peice of string you have ever seen., Level needed to equip it: 20, Magical: Yes, Vamparic: No, Armor: 0, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: -1, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0, Poison chance: 0, Poison/30s damage: 0, Monster damage table: Crystal giant 1.4, Mana leech: .

This bow would be an alternate for rangers to use instead of spider staff, it hasn't got vamparic so i added a 1.4 damage against the crystal giant.
It could be a drop from Rel'Thon and like a 20% chance of dropping it
IP Logged

Page or Memo me on World
Mephistroth
United_Kingdom 

Thanks to Anubis for letting me use the image :P

View Profile

« Reply #25 on: 12/16/03 at 19:53:10 »
Quote Quote

I can't see people using that to be honest.

Library info for Steel Long Bow:
Base damage: 15, Can be used by: rangers, Description: Though it is similar to the steel bow, this bow's greater size enables you to fire arrows over long distances with tremendous accuracy., Level needed to equip it: 20, Magical: No, Vamparic: No, Armor: 0, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0, Poison chance: 0, Poison/30s damage: 0, Monster damage table: , Mana leech: .

Same level, base is almost twice as much. Isn't magic I admit, but that makes no difference in damage. And, doing extra damage against CG is useless aswell, as a level 20 ranger wouldn't be going there, and at level 25 they get an enchanted bow, with a base of 21.
IP Logged

Ok, so I kinda didn't ask.. oh well Grin
Geunhwyvar
USA 

Failure is not an option.

View Profile

« Reply #26 on: 02/03/04 at 22:16:05 »
Quote Quote

Figured I'd resurect this because it is interesting to see peoples ideads for new bows. Here are a few of mine:

Library info for Gnoll Bow:  
Base damage: 18, Can be used by: rangers, Description: This bow is very crude. It is made from petrified woods from the Forest of Souls. The hand grip was wrapped in tough leather for a bit more comfort, although it is still difficult to get a good grip. The string is extremely tight, and difficult to pull back, but as you let loose your arrow, it flies at an extremely high velocity penetrated deep into your target. Level needed to equip it: 21, Magical: No, Vamparic: No, Armor: 0, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0, Poison chance: 0, Poison/30s damage: 0, Monster damage table: Gnoll 1.25, Mana leech: .

Gnoll Archer drop, 10% drop.

Or a bow you can purchase in a shop:

Library info for Composite Long Bow:  
Base damage: 20, Can be used by: rangers, Description: This large bow is fashioned very well, the wood is smooth and sturdy, the string is tight and unfrayed. There a small nothes along the length of the bow that help to allign your sight with your target. The string is difficult to pull back so it would take an experienced Ranger to weild such a weapon. Level needed to equip it: 22, Magical: No, Vamparic: No, Armor: 0, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0, Poison chance: 0, Poison/30s damage: 0, Monster damage table: , Mana leech: .

Purchased in Natura
IP Logged

Holy, Geunhwyvar, Jeska, Torgar, Battlehammer, Llyon
Deval
Australia 

What one lacks in skill, he makes up for with alts

61207412 61207412   Death_Jester_King   HitCowsWithCars
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #27 on: 02/03/04 at 23:40:09 »
Quote Quote

Jewelled Bow:

Base Damage: 17

Created by the same craftsman of Jewelled Sword fame, this weapon is commonly used as symbol of status and wealth over a tool for combat. The bow is crafted from an unknown flexible tan wood, and adorning the face of the bow is a row of jewels from far and foreign lands. The bow is carved and curved to perfection and is well accompanied by an impeccable shining finish.
IP Logged

'Madness you say! Do you fear me? Are you afraid of what I might do, of what I might say? What a fascinating reaction. Don't you find it somewhat encumbering?'
Xcelon
United_Kingdom 

You think I'm wierd? Go take a look in the mirror!

View Profile

« Reply #28 on: 02/04/04 at 19:26:25 »
Quote Quote

Bow of Depression

Base Dmg: 19 Description:This bow, wieldid in the darkest depths of hell is made of pure evil. As soon as you touch this bow your eyes are flooded with blackness. All you want to do is have the taste of blood.  Shocked -1 dex +2 Str -1 chr +2 Const. Pixies and other magical happy creatures: +5 damage. Level: 20

Special Abillities: If fired at a target for a certain lenght of time it can put the target into such a state of depression it has no will to fight anymore, not letting the target attack for maybe 30 seconds - 1 minute. Any views?  Undecided
IP Logged

~Xcelon~Ajimoo~Slovak~Remake~Atlanta~ In Game.
Raylen
England 

=)/¥\r.Ñ¡çÊ.Gû¥ (=

View Profile

« Reply #29 on: 02/04/04 at 19:53:08 »
Quote Quote

lol nice idea, seems kinda crazy on the stat mods Grin
IP Logged

Page/memo Commotion
Stigmata
United_Kingdom 

View Profile

« Reply #30 on: 02/04/04 at 20:17:46 »
Quote Quote

Poison Kiss Bow

level needed - 27
Base dmg - 10
Desc - Crafted precisely from the finest Windian oak, and laced in a thin layer of Cobalt, a popular material amongst craftsmen. The bow feels cold to the touch, and the densely wrapped feathered grip gives off an unmistaken green glow. The arrows supplied with the bow feel light and rigid, but don't look as if they would be capable of penetrating through tough armors. The arrow tips are carefully tinted with a lethal dosage of Tree Frog venom.

Stats - Nothing special
Poison - 50 dmg every 30 seconds.

I think this would be a cool addition to the game, as it could provide rangers with a bit of strategy - Whether to use an enchanted bow for maximum damage, or fire a few poison arrows at a target and hope the poison kills them if they run off.

Would be sold at windia.
IP Logged
Xcelon
United_Kingdom 

You think I'm wierd? Go take a look in the mirror!

View Profile

« Reply #31 on: 02/05/04 at 22:10:04 »
Quote Quote

on 02/04/04 at 19:53:08, Raylen wrote:
lol nice idea, seems kinda crazy on the stat mods Grin

well ya know me.. crazy and all...  Roll Eyes
IP Logged

~Xcelon~Ajimoo~Slovak~Remake~Atlanta~ In Game.
alone

My beautiful escape. Fall from pain. My suicide.

View Profile Email

« Reply #32 on: 02/05/04 at 23:24:59 »
Quote Quote

on 02/04/04 at 19:26:25, Xcelon wrote:
Bow of Depression

Base Dmg: 19 Description:This bow, wieldid in the darkest depths of hell is made of pure evil. As soon as you touch this bow your eyes are flooded with blackness. All you want to do is have the taste of blood.  Shocked -1 dex +2 Str -1 chr +2 Const. Pixies and other magical happy creatures: +5 damage. Level: 20

Special Abillities: If fired at a target for a certain lenght of time it can put the target into such a state of depression it has no will to fight anymore, not letting the target attack for maybe 30 seconds - 1 minute. Any views?  Undecided

Do you realise how long 30 seconds is in a fight? Let alone a minute.
IP Logged

galad
USA 

smokedsalmon000
View Profile Email

« Reply #33 on: 02/09/04 at 18:05:17 »
Quote Quote

Ancient Oak Bow
Base Damage-18, Can be used by: Rangers, Description: Taken from the Great Tree in the Ancient Forest, this bow is the most beautiful you have ever seen. Legend claims that the Ancient God secretly created this when he came to realization that the gifts bestowed upon himself were nothing in comparison to the gifts given to the Druid of Barrier Forest. Shortly after the completion of it, the Ancient God lost it while he was walking through the forest. It was lost for almost an eternity but now has been recovered., Level needed to equip it: 20, Magical: No, Vamparic: No, Armor: 0, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0, Poison chance: 0, Poison/30s damage: 0, Monster damage table: , Mana leech: .

no clue what is planned for the Giant Oak in Natura so i was thinking this as being the boss drop for it? obviously it would be a rare drop. seeing that its the same lvl equip as steel long bow but it has a higher base damage.
IP Logged

·»MmM GølÐf¡§h«·
http://www.vibeachhouse.com/Raymond/blogger/Goldfish.JPG (my dream car)
ice_cold

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #34 on: 02/11/04 at 04:58:59 »
Quote Quote

on 02/04/04 at 20:17:46, Stigmata wrote:
Poison Kiss Bow

level needed - 27
Base dmg - 10
Desc - Crafted precisely from the finest Windian oak, and laced in a thin layer of Cobalt, a popular material amongst craftsmen. The bow feels cold to the touch, and the densely wrapped feathered grip gives off an unmistaken green glow. The arrows supplied with the bow feel light and rigid, but don't look as if they would be capable of penetrating through tough armors. The arrow tips are carefully tinted with a lethal dosage of Tree Frog venom.

Stats - Nothing special
Poison - 50 dmg every 30 seconds.

I think this would be a cool addition to the game, as it could provide rangers with a bit of strategy - Whether to use an enchanted bow for maximum damage, or fire a few poison arrows at a target and hope the poison kills them if they run off.

Would be sold at windia.

i think this is a great idea for a bow, but maybe lvl 25?
IP Logged
?
England 

View Profile

« Reply #35 on: 02/18/04 at 08:32:52 »
Quote Quote

Blade Bow

Base damage: 23, Can be used by: rangers, Description
Level needed to equip it: 25, Magical: Yes, Vamparic: No, Armor: 0, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0, Poison chance: 0, Poison/30s damage: 0, Monster damage table: , Mana leech: .

Bought in harabec for 750k
IP Logged

I know you but, do you know me?
Stotic
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

We Can Rise

View Profile WWW

« Reply #36 on: 02/19/04 at 02:20:55 »
Quote Quote

Adequete.  Keep them coming.
IP Logged

We'll douse ourselves in gasoline and hang our bodies from the lampposts.
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.