Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - Design a bow! »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
04/19/24 at 23:58:44

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist - Improving the game
   Nightmist Development
(Moderators: Stotic, JLH, Zephie, Pandilex)
   Design a bow!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Design a bow!  (Read 2830 times)
Stotic
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

We Can Rise

View Profile WWW

Design a bow!
« on: 12/08/03 at 22:02:17 »
Quote Quote

I know you all love contributing to this game.  What I am looking for is a few new bow designs.  It can be for any level.  Please use the standard item design system.  Use proper grammar on descriptions or your item will not be considered.
IP Logged

We'll douse ourselves in gasoline and hang our bodies from the lampposts.
Deval
Australia 

What one lacks in skill, he makes up for with alts

61207412 61207412   Death_Jester_King   HitCowsWithCars
View Profile WWW Email

Re: Design a bow!
« Reply #1 on: 12/08/03 at 23:56:53 »
Quote Quote

Imp Spine Bow:

A brittle beige series of vertebrae threaded onto a fine but sturdy branch of carved oak, the bow is fashioned from the spine of a slain Imp that is said to inhabit the forests north of Nightmist. Whilst not a particularly fiercesome or efficient weapon, it serves it's purpose as a reliable and relatively accessable initial bow for novice rangers.

Dropped by: Skeletal Imp
Drop %: 50
Base Damage: 4
Sold at: None - Drop only.
Magical: Yes

(This weapon is designed to be used in place of the Oak Staff for Rangers)

Modify: Added status 'Magical' because the Skeletal Imps are magical enemies, even though the fact the item is magical ultimately makes no difference.
IP Logged

'Madness you say! Do you fear me? Are you afraid of what I might do, of what I might say? What a fascinating reaction. Don't you find it somewhat encumbering?'
Angelic

Email

« Reply #2 on: 12/09/03 at 04:57:23 »
Quote Quote

Library info for Wooden Bow:
Base damage: 8, Can be used by: rangers, Description: This bow is hand-crafted from the finest oak in the Arilin Forest. The smoothness of the handle allows arrows to be shot with extraordinary accuracy. , Level needed to equip it: 10, Magical: No, Vamparic: No, Armor: 0, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0, Poison chance: 0, Poison/30s damage: 0, Monster damage table: , Mana leech: .

Sold in Arilin for 900 gold.(unless you can enable it to be purchased in one of the ranger guilds?)
IP Logged
Bun
United_Kingdom 

~¤ RôÇK§tåR§ ¤~

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: 12/09/03 at 15:46:12 »
Quote Quote

Bow Of Sight

Library info for Bow Of Sight:
Base damage: 21, Can be used by: rangers, Description: This bow is renowed for its light wooden axel and its super stong string it also has a glass 2/3s or the way up they acts like a tele scope ., Level needed to equip it: 28, Magical: Yes, Vamparic: No, Armor: 0, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0, Poison chance: 0, Poison/30s damage: 0, Monster damage table: , Mana leech: .

(a bow that acts like a spy glass)
IP Logged

~¤ RôÇK§tåR§ ¤~
dec
Ireland 

Don't F**K with the Irish

View Profile WWW

« Reply #4 on: 12/09/03 at 17:45:02 »
Quote Quote

how much for it or is boss drop
IP Logged

http://goten677.tripod.com
Stotic
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

We Can Rise

View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: 12/09/03 at 21:49:47 »
Quote Quote

not keen on the bow of sight
IP Logged

Spekkio
USA 

I didn't come here to fight... I came here to win!

Spekkio69   N/A
View Profile Email

« Reply #6 on: 12/10/03 at 02:12:23 »
Quote Quote

Library info for Rune Bow:  
Base damage: 20, Can be used by: rangers, This onix black bow was once used by a great vampire hunter. The hunter finally met his end to those evil creatures of the night. They infused his soul along with the power they possessed into the great bow to create a weapon of unimaginable power. This relic often drives its user mad from the tortured screams from the soul of the vampire hunter. Those that can control its power can control much much more., Level needed to equip it: 28, Magical: Yes, Vamparic: 0.25, Armor: 0, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0, Poison chance: 0, Poison/30s damage: 0, Monster damage table: , Mana leech: .

Note: Limited amount just like Rune Staff and Rune Blade.
IP Logged

God put me on Earth to accomplish many things. Right now, I'm so far behind that I will never die.
Spekkio
USA 

Spekkio69   N/A
View Profile Email

« Reply #7 on: 12/10/03 at 02:25:13 »
Quote Quote

Library info for Bow of the Dragon Whisker:  
Base damage: 23, Can be used by: rangers, Description: The shaft of the Bow of the Dragon Whisker is made from the roots of the Proterini Tree, a tree that has been in existance since the begining of time. The thick, powerful string was takin from a living dragon, and is a symbol of its great power. When an arrow is let loose from this bow it makes a sound like that of the dragons roar., Level needed to equip it: 29, Magical: No, Vamparic: No, Armor: 0, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0, Poison chance: 0, Poison/30s damage: 0, Monster damage table: , Mana leech: .  

Note: Boss drop...  maybe a new quest can be made?  (not a one time or limited item)
IP Logged

God put me on Earth to accomplish many things. Right now, I'm so far behind that I will never die.
Angelic

Email

« Reply #8 on: 12/10/03 at 03:07:59 »
Quote Quote

The bow of the Dragon Whisker was great. But, how can you shoot an arrow from the Rune Bow and recieve life from it...? Undecided
IP Logged
Spekkio
USA 

Spekkio69   N/A
View Profile Email

« Reply #9 on: 12/10/03 at 03:14:07 »
Quote Quote

A bond between the arrows loosed and the bow itself (which you are touching)
IP Logged

Mephistroth
United_Kingdom 

Thanks to Anubis for letting me use the image :P

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: 12/10/03 at 08:43:19 »
Quote Quote

on 12/10/03 at 03:07:59, Angelic wrote:
The bow of the Dragon Whisker was great. But, how can you shoot an arrow from the Rune Bow and recieve life from it...? Undecided

How can you cast fireballs? Heal people using magic? Go invisible and cast other spells? Because its not reality. Having a bow that can drain isn't that much of a problem, but I don't agree with it anyway (I wouldn't mind seeing more bows at mid level)
IP Logged

Ok, so I kinda didn't ask.. oh well Grin
Rappy_Ninja

View Profile

« Reply #11 on: 12/10/03 at 18:55:13 »
Quote Quote

I want rune bow  Cheesy
IP Logged
Stotic
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

We Can Rise

View Profile WWW

« Reply #12 on: 12/10/03 at 22:48:16 »
Quote Quote

Try to think of some shop-based bows.  I do agree that those are good designs and descriptons on the above bows and could be considered.
IP Logged

Spekkio
USA 

Spekkio69   N/A
View Profile Email

« Reply #13 on: 12/11/03 at 00:52:38 »
Quote Quote

Library info for Repeating Cross Bow:
Base damage: 17, Can be used by: rangers, Description: This bulky cross bow is just as fast as a long bow due to the repeating cartridge attached to the top of it. The Repeating Cross Bow has a brass handle and the shaft is made of a strong and treated oak., Level needed to equip it: 21, Magical: No, Vamparic: No, Armor: 0, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0, Poison chance: 0, Poison/30s damage: 0, Monster damage table: , Mana leech: .

Note: This can be bought in Black Thorn I guess.
IP Logged

Spekkio
USA 

Spekkio69   N/A
View Profile Email

« Reply #14 on: 12/11/03 at 01:28:15 »
Quote Quote

Library info for Bow of Venom:
Base damage: 10, Can be used by: rangers, Description: This is a simple long bow with green arrows dipped in poison. Though the bite of the arrow isn't much, it can drain a mighty foe with its deadly venom., Level needed to equip it: 15, Magical: No, Vamparic: No, Armor: 0, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0, Poison chance: 0.20 (20%), Poison/30s damage: 0.3, Monster damage table: , Mana leech: .

Not exactly sure how the poison table is suppose to look, but that is 20% chance to poison doing about 8-10 points of damage per poison pulse.

I made this because I would like to see poison used more often.  Only thing I can think of off the top of my head is the Hydra Thorn... and that doesn't even have a complete library intro.

Note: Not sure if this would be too unique to be a shop item, but I tried to make it weak enough to be one.
IP Logged

Spekkio
USA 

Spekkio69   N/A
View Profile Email

« Reply #15 on: 12/11/03 at 01:35:46 »
Quote Quote

Library info for Cupid's Bow:
Base damage: 16, Can be used by: rangers, Description: This legendary bow of grace has captivated the hearts of men and women for centuries. It's unique angelic feather-like shaft glows with the purity of love. When the arrows are fired, they leave a stream of brilliant lights that dazzle any opponent. It's said that just holding the bow can make a mutant look like an angel., Level needed to equip it: 27, Magical: Yes, Vamparic: No, Armor: 0, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 1, Poison chance: 0, Poison/30s damage: 0, Monster damage table: , Mana leech: .

Note: Had to.   Grin
IP Logged

Spekkio
USA 

Spekkio69   N/A
View Profile Email

« Reply #16 on: 12/11/03 at 01:50:00 »
Quote Quote

Library info for Goblin Bow:
Base damage: 15, Can be used by: rangers, Description: There are a few notches down the shaft of this gnarly bow. Each of the notches represents a kill that the bow has delivered. The string is made from a sentry spiders webbing, and is quite tough., Level needed to equip it: 18, Magical: No, Vamparic: No, Armor: 0, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0, Poison chance: 0, Poison/30s damage: 0, Monster damage table: , Mana leech: .

Library info for Goblin War Bow:
Base damage: 21, Can be used by: rangers, Description: There are several notches down the shaft of this gnarly bow. Each of the notches represents a kill that the bow has delivered. The string is made from an elite sentry spiders webbing, and is indestructable., Level needed to equip it: 25, Magical: No, Vamparic: No, Armor: 0, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0, Poison chance: 0, Poison/30s damage: 0, Monster damage table: , Mana leech: .

Note: I might be running out of ideas.... nah!

Edit: They could be drops from the higher lvl Goblins in Natura, or maybe shop items there.
IP Logged

Abra

±°_-¯ Sephiroth ¯-_°±

View Profile WWW

« Reply #17 on: 12/11/03 at 09:00:51 »
Quote Quote

Library info for Sacred Bow:
Base damage: 26, Can be used by: rangers, Description: A Bow Made of Wood and there is something carved in it "Sacred" Level needed to equip it: 30, Magical: Yes, Vamparic: No, Armor: 0, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0, Poison chance: 0, Poison/30s damage: 0, Monster damage table: , Mana leech: .

Found at Windia Weapons Shop for 500k or whatever

IP Logged

(,.-*'¨¨'*-.,¸)( Jabberwock Ingame )(¸,.-*'¨¨'*-.,¸)

(¯`·._)( Prøj€¢t Ärm§ )(_.·´¯)

Abra

±°_-¯ Sephiroth ¯-_°±

View Profile WWW

« Reply #18 on: 12/11/03 at 09:07:25 »
Quote Quote

Library info for Composite Bow:
Base damage: 15, Can be used by: rangers, Description: A Shiny Composite Bow stands at least three feet high and would be accurate with minimal strength., Level needed to equip it: 18, Magical: No, Vamparic: No, Armor: 0, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0, Poison chance: 0, Poison/30s damage: 0, Monster damage table: , Mana leech: .
« Last Edit: 12/11/03 at 14:07:47 by Abra » IP Logged

(,.-*'¨¨'*-.,¸)( Jabberwock Ingame )(¸,.-*'¨¨'*-.,¸)

(¯`·._)( Prøj€¢t Ärm§ )(_.·´¯)

DemonSkys
USA 

Momento Mori

alaskaredrose   alaskaredrose
View Profile

« Reply #19 on: 12/11/03 at 09:21:20 »
Quote Quote

Library info for Hedge Bow:  
Base damage: 21, Can be used by: rangers, Description: A study bow crafted of twined vines from the hedges of the maze. It's relatively light weight makes it practical for both experianced and novice archers. The leaves carved off the wood leaving a gnarled like finish to the bow. , Level needed to equip it: 23, Magical: No, Vamparic: No, Armor: 0, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0, Poison chance: 0, Poison/30s damage: 0, Monster damage table: , Mana leech: .  

Possible Hedge lord alt drop. As alot of people think it should drop something more often. possibly 2-10% drop rate. one a bit more then the bracelet.
IP Logged

From the shadows....
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.