Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - New Class. Please Read. »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
04/25/24 at 09:59:23

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist - Improving the game
   Nightmist Development
(Moderators: Stotic, JLH, Zephie, Pandilex)
   New Class. Please Read.
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: New Class. Please Read.  (Read 3720 times)
Kopo

Love the Forest

View Profile

Re: New Class. Please Read.
« Reply #20 on: 11/22/03 at 01:10:42 »
Quote Quote

Hi Comet *wave*
this post will prolly just drown among the others.. oh well..

I like your Idea.. but agree there should be some changes...
Not that I am quite sure of what.. (I'm brilliant that way :p)

Anyway, you said you wasn't sure which races to use.. well, I have a sugestion to not use Halflings nor Elves, since neither of them are any evil races.. unless there became a new race only for this class -dark elf. Just a thought..  

The disk-weapon was kinda intressting. the dagger too. Smiley  
Maybe you should make some sort og a poisonus arrow or something like that.. (not the weapon I thought of, but.. no good in english so I got no I dea what it is in english..sorry  Undecided )

um one thing: about the summonings.. if the Vc class summons a monster does that mean you cant run away?  

anyway, have a good day
IP Logged
FrogLuver4u
USA 

Legolas Rulz!!! :)

View Profile Email

« Reply #21 on: 11/22/03 at 03:55:30 »
Quote Quote

I think that it's a GREAT idea cause I'm a freak anyways and it would be cool to have a vampire class on here  Grin !!!!!!!
And the dark evil elf thing is a great idea cause elves are always thought of as good little critters and I always thought that it would be neat to have an evil elf as a crit!  Cheesy
LOVE THE IDEA!!!!

(Gothic_Angel)
IP Logged

Always remember to love to be loved.
Anybody Killa
USA 

View Profile Email

« Reply #22 on: 11/22/03 at 03:58:47 »
Quote Quote

GReat idea

Weapon:

Vampire,Fighter,Zerker

Blood Blade:
Base damange 27.  
Lvl 28 to equip

This blade is crafted by ppl of the unkown.  The handle is Gloss black and the blade is dark red.  You can see that there is a ingraving on the blade.  It slightly glows neon green. The blade has unkown power that seems to raise the strength and dex of of you.

Magical: No, Vamparic: No, Armor: 0, Strength modifier: 3, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 3, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0, Poison chance: 0, Poison/30s damage: 5, Monster damage table: hydra:1.4, Mana leech: .

just an idea... feel free to coment and make suggestion

IP Logged
FrogLuver4u
USA 

Legolas Rulz!!! :)

View Profile Email

« Reply #23 on: 11/22/03 at 04:03:29 »
Quote Quote

HI CODY!!!!!!!  Kiss
LoL...I don't understand any of that...but as far as I can tell your idea bout the sword thing that glows is cool 2!!!  Wink
If I saw a vampire with a glowy sword I'd run!!! lol
But why is all the good weapons at such high levelsHuh  That confuses me!!!

(Gothic_Angel)
IP Logged

Always remember to love to be loved.
Anybody Killa
USA 

View Profile Email

« Reply #24 on: 11/22/03 at 04:05:21 »
Quote Quote

the idea is that the higher the lvl the more skill you have to use better weapons.. atleasts thats what i think
IP Logged
Anybody Killa
USA 

View Profile Email

« Reply #25 on: 11/22/03 at 04:27:38 »
Quote Quote

ARMOR!!
!!Armor Of The Dead!!
Lvl 30
Armor base:80(its so high because it covers the head as well as the body)

This armor has the same ingraving as the blood blade.  It is rather light yet very strong armor.  It is a long gloss black cloak with red emeralds in it. This also Glows a neon green.

Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0.

Also I dont think that a vampire should have a shield but rather.... seeing that it would be a class with good dex(i would think) u could hold 2 weapons instead of a sheild... Just another thought that the staff might wanna look into

IP Logged
Kharybdis
USA 

DeludedMindGame
View Profile

« Reply #26 on: 11/22/03 at 05:25:17 »
Quote Quote

Blood Blade:  

"This blade is crafted by ppl of the unkown.  The handle is Gloss black and the blade is dark red.  You can see that there is a ingraving on the blade.  It slightly glows neon green. The blade has unkown power that seems to raise the strength and dex of of you.  

Magical: No, Vamparic: No, Armor: 0, Strength modifier: 3, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 3, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0, Poison chance: 0, Poison/30s damage: 5, Monster damage table: hydra:1.4, Mana leech: ."

The description in general needs some work.  Don't use abbreviations in item descriptions, it makes the description look bad.  Who are these "people of the unknown"?  "Gloss black" and "dark red" aren't terribly descriptive; try using more interesting adjectives (and gloss is a noun, anyway.  Try "glossy").  What's the engraving on the blade, what does it look like, what does it mean?  Why would a "blood blade" glow neon green?  Don't refer to stats in an item description, it ruins whatever atmosphere you may have achieved in the description before that.  

+3 str and dex are insane, given that there's absolutely no drawback.  Why would a "blood blade" cause poisoning?  What's the logic behind the damage mod against hydras, aside from the fact that you probably just copied and pasted the item stats?

Armor of the Dead:

"!!Armor Of The Dead!!  
Lvl 30  
Armor base:80(its so high because it covers the head as well as the body)  

This armor has the same ingraving as the blood blade.  It is rather light yet very strong armor.  It is a long gloss black cloak with red emeralds in it. This also Glows a neon green.  

Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0"

The name is fairly generic.  You still haven't explained the nature of the engraving.  Why is it so light and strong, what rare and presumably magical material is this wonder armor of yours made of?  Again: glossy, not gloss.  Why does "Armor of the Dead" glow neon green?  If this was the Breastplate of Chernobyl I could understand your logic, but at the moment I don't see the logic behind it.  Also, 80 armor is excessive.

General Notes:

Dictionaries and thesauruses are your friends.  Proper spelling and grammar tend to make descriptions better.  Interesting adjectives, when used properly, can greatly enhance a description.  Last, play the game more so you get a general feel of how weapons and armor should be.  The stat mods are excessive and 80 AC exceeds any other single piece of armor in the game, as far as I know.  

Edit: Just tweaked the phrasing in a few spots...
IP Logged
Stotic
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

We Can Rise

View Profile WWW

« Reply #27 on: 11/22/03 at 07:42:14 »
Quote Quote

on 11/22/03 at 05:25:17, Kharybdis wrote:
The stat mods are excessive and 80 AC exceeds any other single piece of armor in the game, as far as I know.

By almost double I believe.
IP Logged

We'll douse ourselves in gasoline and hang our bodies from the lampposts.
Spectrum
England 

No clips. No bullets. No mess!

View Profile Email

« Reply #28 on: 11/22/03 at 16:04:56 »
Quote Quote

on 11/22/03 at 01:10:42, Kopo wrote:
um one thing: about the summonings.. if the Vc class summons a monster does that mean you cant run away?  

You will be able to move away from the square if you summon, The summon is only really there to prevent you dieing. But if you hit your summon it will turn against you. (like grasping vines). When you cast summon it dosn't hold people on that square, its just like an ordinary monster.

Soon I will think up some armor. If your going to think of some armor/weapons please be sensible...

Also, try not to call the class "vampire" because you think of what a vampire can do. Instead of thinking up origional and unique skills.

IP Logged

Yllap/Void/Spectrum - For now.
Spectrum
England 

View Profile Email

« Reply #29 on: 11/22/03 at 18:03:42 »
Quote Quote

New Armor:

Undead Armor:

Armor base: 27, Can be worn by: clerics, paladins, pacifists, Vc's, Description: Armor that been stolen from the torso of the undead. It does smell, but it's durability has overcome this drawback. Has somehow managed to find itself in many of the more experienced trainers equipment, for the simple reason that it has been exposed to the rotting fleash of the dead, and has grown an immunity to it.,
Level needed to equip it: 18, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0. (Can resist 10% of an undead attack?)

You know with weapons how you do extra damage against some monsters. How about with this armor you get extra protection when a certain monster hits you. (In this case "undead" does less damage to you).

Tell me if its any good.
IP Logged

Dominique
USA 

snackandsipjesus   DomiDomimatrix
View Profile

« Reply #30 on: 11/22/03 at 18:50:31 »
Quote Quote

It's a great idea,I'm really proud of you,I'm pretty handy dandy with the imaging/editing software if you need help with those maps;that's if you want any help with stuff.  Keep up the good work Smiley
IP Logged

Anyone can post how much they want, so new/full member means absolutely nothing.

- Aidon
Spectrum
England 

View Profile Email

« Reply #31 on: 11/22/03 at 21:18:11 »
Quote Quote

http://www.stud.ux.his.no/~austad/mud/mapmaker/

This is the link you need if you want to make a map. It was the recormended one, except that link didn't work. So i found this link myself. Hope it helps.
IP Logged

alicia

View Profile

« Reply #32 on: 11/22/03 at 21:40:23 »
Quote Quote

on 11/22/03 at 03:58:47, Anybody_Killa wrote:
GReat idea

Weapon:

Vampire,Fighter,Zerker

Blood Blade:
Base damange 27.  
Lvl 28 to equip

This blade is crafted by ppl of the unkown.  The handle is Gloss black and the blade is dark red.  You can see that there is a ingraving on the blade.  It slightly glows neon green. The blade has unkown power that seems to raise the strength and dex of of you.

Magical: No, Vamparic: No, Armor: 0, Strength modifier: 3, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 3, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0, Poison chance: 0, Poison/30s damage: 5, Monster damage table: hydra:1.4, Mana leech: .

just an idea... feel free to coment and make suggestion

Suprised noone has pointed this out yet, but why put hydra mods on a l28 weapon when you cant go in that area past l25Huh
And why put poison damage on a weapon that cant actually poison?

make it new class only, lose the str/dex/hydra mods and put poison chance to, say, 10%

edit - oops Karybdis noticed the hydra thingy too Sad
IP Logged
Mephistroth
United_Kingdom 

Thanks to Anubis for letting me use the image :P

View Profile

« Reply #33 on: 11/22/03 at 21:48:15 »
Quote Quote

He noticed it for a different reason though:

''What's the logic behind the damage mod against hydras, aside from the fact that you probably just copied and pasted the item stats?''
IP Logged

Ok, so I kinda didn't ask.. oh well Grin
Spectrum
England 

View Profile Email

« Reply #34 on: 11/22/03 at 22:18:38 »
Quote Quote

If its a stupid idea, I'm not going to go hard on the person whos said it, I'm letting them have a dignified leave - Just asking, Is there actually a chance this class could be put into the actual game?
IP Logged

Spekkio
USA 

I didn't come here to fight... I came here to win!

Spekkio69   N/A
View Profile Email

« Reply #35 on: 11/24/03 at 00:54:09 »
Quote Quote

on 11/22/03 at 00:01:35, Alicia wrote:
0.2% vampirc means you need to do 500 points af damage to heal 1

lol... I'm pretty sure he meant 0.2 or 20% vampiric

Anyway... this sounds like a race/class combo. Try to seperate it a bit... vampirism is like a disease, so I can't see why it would be a class.  Maybe you mean Necromancer, and there already was a Necro class in NM.  As for the Dark Elf idea... I went down that road, and Pandi "can't" see a way to make it any different than the current Elf.  If you really want to make a vampire of yourself... get some vampire blood potions, I think they add some % of "vamparic" (lol) to your attacks for a short while.  The one idea I did like was the armor bit about monster table damage reduction.  Another thing...  I wouldn't mind seein a few Poison Daggers... Personally I think there needs to be a lot more weapons and armor that would be good for use.  I mean, you normally just go through a certain routine of gear and it would be nice to have a more personal touch (and I know staff has/is already working on this problem, I just wanna say "Rock On").
IP Logged

God put me on Earth to accomplish many things. Right now, I'm so far behind that I will never die.
Spectrum
England 

View Profile Email

« Reply #36 on: 11/24/03 at 13:23:26 »
Quote Quote

For the last time... When did I actually say the class was called vampire? when? someone somewhere use a quote to show me where i called the class a vampire. Also, if i had intended Vc's to be a race i would have given posible stats. because thats ALL a race is. (A diffrent set of stats). Apart from things like halflings that also get armor increases.
IP Logged

TheUnholyNewt
Australia 

\m/x.x\m/

View Profile Email

« Reply #37 on: 01/21/04 at 11:11:52 »
Quote Quote

Looks really good and I would have a crack at playing at vampire myself but I just have one slight criticism.

Vampires do need high charisma, if you read up on Dracula, he was quite a handsome and charming guy. The charisma was used to help entice the victims and seduce them so they wouldn't realise they were having the blood sucked out of them until it was too late.
IP Logged

Take a look around because life is beautiful
Snowy
Poland 

Freeze, aint it?

View Profile

« Reply #38 on: 01/21/04 at 18:07:44 »
Quote Quote

Idk.. u could maybe call this class 'shaman'?
IP Logged

Contact 'Snowy' in game.
darkreaperzero
USA 

DIE!!!!!NOW!!!! !!!

View Profile

« Reply #39 on: 02/19/04 at 16:07:27 »
Quote Quote

Vampires suck!
IP Logged

Bow to the scythe!
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.