Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - New Class. Please Read. »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
04/25/24 at 04:53:28

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist - Improving the game
   Nightmist Development
(Moderators: Stotic, JLH, Zephie, Pandilex)
   New Class. Please Read.
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: New Class. Please Read.  (Read 3719 times)
Spectrum
England 

No clips. No bullets. No mess!

View Profile Email

New Class. Please Read.
« on: 11/19/03 at 20:40:27 »
Quote Quote

Class Name: None Yet - Called VC's For not (Stands for Vampiric class).   Wink

Please dont sudderly think "vampire" because if you think that some skills will seem awkward. It should be treated as a class that has never been used in a game before. But for all I know the name might be suited as "vampire"

Description: The Vapiric Class are a life draining race, useing the forces of evil to consume power and also use it as they see fit. Medium hp gains and small mana gains are of this class' natural up-bringing. They are skilled fighters (But not as skilled as fighters themselves) And have strange abilities with magic.  

Hp Gain: 8-11 Per level (if the race used has 19 con)

Mana Gain: 4-8 Per level (if race has 19 wis)

Races Posible: I wish I knew myself.

It would need everything apart from int, And it wouldn't need charisma too much.  

unless i can find something for int too, Hardly any clases have a use for it (mages and... and... um... something... like... um... mages... and i think... just mages? This is the bit where someone comes a proves me wrong).

Let me explain the skills. BUT PLEASE NOTE THAT THEY DON'T HAVE TO BE FOR THIS CLASS! SO IF THEY DONT MAKE SENCE FOR A VAMPIRIC CLASS ITS BECAUSE ITS MENT FOR ANOTHER CLASS.

Drain/Bite:
Will Drain 0.2% (Can be changed if unfair) of your hit. Costs 7 mana to "Cast". This way it will be fair, As useing mana to fight with a skill instead of causeing them to automaticly "steal" hp from other players with the attack botton. I don't think this skill should be gained till level 15. Or maybe later.

You attacked a Goblin with a Oak Staff for 10 points of damage. You Drained 2hp from the Goblin.

As a low level this may not look much, But can you imagine when you get to higher levels?  

You attacked a Goblin with a Oak Staff for 50 points of damage. You Drained 10hp from the Goblin.

Poisonus Blow:
Basicly, You strike you opponent with a blow that poisons them, and will hurt them for a certain amount of damage (Depending on what level you are). But the damage won't be one, or two. More like 20+ Damage At higher levels. Maybe it will cost about 50 mana to "Cast".

Chance:
This is a 1 click move (But nothing like a thief or zerker). You will try to fully heal yourself and all party members in 1 go. If you fail you will hurt yourself and party members. Of corse the more party members you have the more mana it will cost, and the more risk they will get hurt. (Can this get round NOPK? Might not be a good idea, Maybe be unfair to say fully heal, maybe heal 175hp or something. No idea).

Syphon:
Still 0.2% vampiric, but will use 2 stamina and 14 mana. meaning youll heal more as well as doing 2 stamina damage. Will be for the higher levels though. (reason for high mana useage is because you use 2 stamina for a better vampiric drain. And 2 stamina should use double the mana)

Sapling:
"You plant a seed and watch it grow rapidly into a tree". This tree is basicly a "carry around priest", you will cast it, and for a while it will heal everyone on the screen, abit like sommoning monsters to fight with you, except the tree heals.

Sommon Demonic:
You will summon a skeleton to help you fight. As you get to higher levels you shall get better sumons you shall perform. Next one up would proberbly be a skeltal warrior. then something elce. (obviously with diffrent names though, just trying to give you an idea of what they will be like). Not sure of mana cost. Diffrent for each summon?

Demon Within:
Like Holy Might. Basicly does the same thing. Except the stamina replenish thing.

Any of the above i'snt set. They are ready to change at any notice. If you know why they should be changed don't go "that idea sucks, go away" tell me why it sucks and ill go work on it.

Of corse this new class will be needing new weapons and armor. And maybe cause other classes to get new weapons and armor too.

Maybe there can be very, very, very rare armor that will protect other classes for having their hp "stolen" in battle. Maybe that Silver Blade thing in another topic could be used aginst this class? There should be some penalties for this class though. Like healing classes not being able to heal them as much. Because they are evil.  

Normal Class: Cleric healed you for 80hp.

VC: Cleric healed you for 60hp.

Dont think this class would be imposible to kill. Hp isn't too high and their skills arn't too powerful. Not sure what max stamina should be. (Lol, Maybe some mystic quest to find an item that you can give to the old VC elder to teach you, so you gain an extra stamina.) Also not sure what sort of armor is available for them. Also, Dont think this is a magic race, So don't give them a bunch of staffs for weapons if your gonna come up with some ideas for some. (I have no idea if they should be able to weild vampiric weapons though. But a mana leach weapon would just be unfair, unless its a very rare weapon that is). If you ask for more on this ill say more.

I may think of better abilities later. I did have others but i did find problems with them. And I'm really working on fighter skills, because they seriosly need some Roll Eyes PLEASE TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK OF THIS! Alot of time,thinking, and effort has been put into this. (about 45 minutes! lol) If you have spare time please contribute to this post!

P.S. Don't set me on fire for this idea. Please.  Undecided

« Last Edit: 11/19/03 at 21:15:44 by Spectrum » IP Logged

Yllap/Void/Spectrum - For now.
Mephistroth
United_Kingdom 

Thanks to Anubis for letting me use the image :P

View Profile

Re: New Class. Please Read.
« Reply #1 on: 11/19/03 at 21:22:58 »
Quote Quote

It's an odd class... seems to be part cleric, necromancer and fighter, with a bit of druid thrown in (Sapling) Personally I don't like the Sapling idea, I think that it doesn't fit in with the class. Would be more suited for druids or clerics.

Seems pretty good though.
IP Logged

Ok, so I kinda didn't ask.. oh well Grin
Spectrum
England 

View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: 11/19/03 at 21:28:53 »
Quote Quote

That's why i said that some of these skills can be used for other classes, that one was INTENDED for clerics. Thanks for ya view though.
IP Logged

Mephistroth
United_Kingdom 

Thanks to Anubis for letting me use the image :P

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: 11/19/03 at 21:30:46 »
Quote Quote

Ah, forgot about that part Undecided I guess for a druid its pretty good then Tongue
IP Logged

Ok, so I kinda didn't ask.. oh well Grin
The Crystal Guardian

Snootchie Bootchies!

PsychoSpeedSk8er
View Profile Email

« Reply #4 on: 11/20/03 at 04:07:25 »
Quote Quote

this is definatly a necromancer class =) but necromancers arent meant to heal.. just steal life and strength and such.  i dont think sapling or chance belong in there .. but other than that .. rock on  necros rock
IP Logged

I Am Wee Todd Did
I Am Sofah King
Wee Todd Did
Bean
Canada 

I can be your angel, I can be your saviour

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: 11/20/03 at 04:18:12 »
Quote Quote

/cough

Im beggining to believe your signature....

He said the abilities werent all for this class.... twice...
IP Logged

Chars: Bean, Kulidian, Elka, Elerabin *All four currently being leveled*
Spectrum
England 

View Profile Email

« Reply #6 on: 11/20/03 at 16:53:16 »
Quote Quote

Can someone somewhere please tell me if it was actually worth me posting this? I need problems so i can go solve them. Someone come up with some decent weapons for this class, or armor please.  

Bean has to be the smartest person on this topic! He managed to read my post without forgetting the bit I marked in colour. If staff can see a problem with it tell me also. Unless your scared of me actually solving the problems Cool
IP Logged

Grahn

Email

« Reply #7 on: 11/20/03 at 17:42:17 »
Quote Quote

Shocked ShockedTHIS IS PERFECT, NM NEED REFRESHMENT!!!!! Shocked Shocked

STAFF!!!! HAVE A LOOK SOME PPL DO WHAT YOU DONT!!
 Roll Eyes
IP Logged
Grahn

Email

« Reply #8 on: 11/20/03 at 17:45:33 »
Quote Quote

.... another thing, new class = new maps?  Shocked

answer is.... IT HAVE TO BE NEW MAPS!,.... plz!?  Huh
IP Logged
Spectrum
England 

View Profile Email

« Reply #9 on: 11/20/03 at 17:48:03 »
Quote Quote

Yeah, thats a good idea... If there was gonna be a new map it would have to be somewhere where skills work well though... How about the monsters there would be strong, alot of hp, but no armor, that way drain and syphon would work well! Can anyone give me a link to download some mapping software? I'm gonna have a go at it  Cheesy  I know theres a map maker on forum but the link dosnt go directly to it and im to lazy to look for it  Wink

Edit: New map needs new boss, new boss needs new item! woohoo!
« Last Edit: 11/20/03 at 18:03:40 by Spectrum » IP Logged

Pin

Deadly Beloved & the aviators all the way baby!!!!

ArchAngelVirus1
View Profile Email

« Reply #10 on: 11/20/03 at 18:08:42 »
Quote Quote

ok the ideal really does rule ... but isn't there already a vampiric class? /who angel i mean he's like the only one lol but there is one... the name should be changed so it'll be like brand new but i really like this... i agree with the others the sapling shouldn't be in there (but as was already said is more like a cleric ability) and the chance thing... well... i mean i guess vampires could tap into dark energies and spread a wave of healing threw their party (it's a game remember that lol) the summon thing (unless gained at a high lvl... like 25 or so) will really make them strong as no other class can summon monsters of any kind (unless you count morph or grasping vines) so maybe just a special class of summons should be made? dun know but there's something you could work on as well (btw hit me up sometime with your wierdness of ideals and my wierdness of ideals we could make something totally awesome! lol)  

TY for your time  
P.S. these are ideals expressed by Pin only and may not be the views of any others on this forum (just always wanted to say that
IP Logged
Spectrum
England 

View Profile Email

« Reply #11 on: 11/20/03 at 18:16:09 »
Quote Quote

Um, I was thinking maybe the summoning could be in stages...

Example: (level 20) You can summon a skeleton that has 50hp and attacks for 15 each hit.

Example: (level 25) You can summon a skeletal warrior that has 75hp and can hit for 25 each hit.

Example: (level 30) You can summon a Demonic soilder that has 100hp and can hit for 35 each hit.

Just so you know im useing random monster names, random levels, and random damage lol, just to try to display what i mean.
IP Logged

Mia
Norway 

Would you catch the glass if it was falling?

View Profile WWW

« Reply #12 on: 11/20/03 at 18:35:46 »
Quote Quote

Yeh, I wouldn't mind a vampyre class Wink so keep up the good work with making it a perfect class!! Cheesy
IP Logged

The Matrix --- The Matrix is real --- The Matrix
Pin

Deadly Beloved & the aviators all the way baby!!!!

ArchAngelVirus1
View Profile Email

« Reply #13 on: 11/20/03 at 18:37:20 »
Quote Quote

hmm... ok i see what you mean... they'll have low hp and low attack so they'll just be like more of a distraction while the vamp uses some moves to prepare for next attack/get some hp back... not a bad ideal bro though still dont know about the summon part lol  Tongue
IP Logged
Spectrum
England 

View Profile Email

« Reply #14 on: 11/20/03 at 18:42:15 »
Quote Quote

Ok, basicly, the higher level you get, the better your summon shall become, it will gain power as you do. so, if at level 20 you could summon a monster with 50hp, at level 21 it would have 55hp, but it will always do the same damage.

This bit may get confusing, every 5 levels you will be able to summon a compleatly new monster. This monster will have higher hp than the one you had before and will hit your foes harder. Either this or there would have to be 3 diffrent summoning spells for 3 diffrent levels.
IP Logged

Chili Pepper
England 

Blood sugar baby, She's magik, Sex magik.

theoriginalporkster  
View Profile Email

« Reply #15 on: 11/20/03 at 19:06:35 »
Quote Quote

very nice idea mate, (cept the sapling should be a druid spell that would be cool...)

but anway go for it.
IP Logged

I’ll malinger on your block and
Give the finger to a cop and
Pick a lock before I knock and
Set you up to get on top!
Spectrum
England 

View Profile Email

« Reply #16 on: 11/20/03 at 19:26:36 »
Quote Quote

Ok, for the last time... ANY ABILITIES THAT ARE LISTED CAN BE FOR ANY CLASS! OK!? 3 PEOPLE HAVE SEEMED TO MISS THIS POINT SO FAR! ALL ABILITIES HAVE THE POSIBILITY TO BE EDITED! PLEASE DONT MISS THIS! BEFORE I DIE OF STRESS LEVELS!
...thanks for the view though. Still waiting for someone to help me come up with ideas... e-mail adress is Spectrum_Comet@Hotmail.com if your gonna e-mail me them. I'll give the cerdit to that person of corse.

But if you were just trying to say "ok, that one looks like a druid spell"  I apoligise  Smiley
IP Logged

Spectrum
England 

View Profile Email

« Reply #17 on: 11/20/03 at 20:54:10 »
Quote Quote

I've just thought of some weapons. (Actually as i type I'll make them up as i go along). Names arn't decided. Cause these arn't that good.

Syphon Dagger:

Base damage: 22, Can be used by: VC's, thieves, Description: This Dagger has been passed down from the ever-lasting desending VC's, But as such, all good things come to an end. A daring thief came to do what thiefs do best, Steal. Ever since theifs have learned to use this blessed weapon, as it has aided them in many tasks.,
Level needed to equip it: 24, Magical: No, Vamparic: No, Armor: 0, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0, Poison chance: 0.1, Poison/30s damage: 0, Monster damage table: skeletal:1.5, Mana leech:  

I think this would be a great weapon for Thiefs as well as VC's, as it would be some kind of quest item, otherwise it would make magma knife obsolete, may match the power of "Dagger of the winds". I think this would be a great in-put into the game.  

________________________________________________________________________ ________________________________________________________________________  

Spining Disk:

Base damage: 19, Can be used by: rangers, VC's, Description: There was once a tired old weapon smith who lived in Windia, He was becomeing extreamly poor because of competition from other weapon smiths. He tried one day to create something new. A blade. But it went horrably wrong and he ended up creating a master work of ranger equipment. Showing that mistakes count for something.
Level needed to equip it: 19, Magical: No, Vamparic: No, Armor: 0, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0, Poison chance: 0, Poison/30s damage: 0, Monster damage table:, Mana leech: .

Just adding these 2 for now... I couldn't really think of a reason for classes to wield these weapons, so I thought more about classes that actually needed a new weapon. Please post your own ideas!

Edit: Spining Disk should be a quest item also, forgot to mention that. Just realized that i got the description idea for the "syphon Dagger" from the "Dagger of Spirits" description!  Angry Oh well, I'm sure the thiefs will steal more than 1 dagger...
« Last Edit: 11/20/03 at 21:23:19 by Spectrum » IP Logged

Starry
New_Zealand 

View Profile

« Reply #18 on: 11/21/03 at 23:29:03 »
Quote Quote

Manda wants!!! great idea ^_^
IP Logged

Cry me a god dammn river!
alicia

View Profile

« Reply #19 on: 11/22/03 at 00:01:35 »
Quote Quote

0.2% vampirc means you need to do 500 points af damage to heal 1
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.