Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - Quest Idea »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
05/05/24 at 22:19:33

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist - Improving the game
   Nightmist Development
(Moderators: Stotic, JLH, Zephie, Pandilex)
   Quest Idea
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Quest Idea  (Read 805 times)
Issy
USA 

I am Alpha and Omega; the first and the last

67662135 67662135   Isaiah213   Issyfur
View Profile

Quest Idea
« on: 10/21/03 at 02:47:54 »
Quote Quote

I've been thinking about this for awhile, and i think i've finally come up with a solid idea (if staff and users approve)

I've come up with an idea for a quest that could take as short as 2 weeks, or as long as 4 months. Thats for staff to come up with.

At first, there will be key holders that can drop items (Halberd, Concealing Petal Armor, Boots of Time etc etc...) or a key for a quest.  

The Key holders will be named "Key Holder" and they can attack only melee for a maximum of 60HP per hit.

Once all the keys for the quest has been dropped (will require 6 keys.) an area will appear specifically for those keys (doesn't have to appear right away, but a month of so afterwards.)

The boss will not be able to be defeated by yourself, but by 6-8 attackers.

The boss, will be difficult to get to, not because of the monsters(would have Black Bears, Brown Bears, Orcs,) but because it is a maze to get to the boss.

The boss will be a Lizard named Silver Plated Iguana  This boss will have approximately 150,000 HP. But because of its silver plated body, whatever damage is dealt to it is reduced by half. The iguana can cast both a magical spell, and a melee attack.

Melee attack would be a tongue whip. Damage would be 55HP per hit.

Spell would be: Oblivious Breath. "The wretched lizard opens his mouth wider than normal. Out of his mouth emits a bright light, while your looking at the light you realize your skin is burning from the lizard's rancid breath." The spell will inflict 45HP tops.  

The lizard CAN attack two times in a row!

Whenever the lizard is defeated, you'll recieve a Reptilian Amulet.  The Amulet's description will be "The amulet was retrieved from defeating the horrid Silver Plated Lizard. The Amulet is full of scales made of pure silver. When you wear this amulet, you feel a sense of honor and bravery."

The mods on this amulet would be; AC, 6. Strength, +1. Dexterity, +1. Wisdom -1.  

Everything BUT Berserkers and Pacifist can wear this amulet.

Input, comments please. This post is totally subjet to editing.

Edit: You need ALL keys to get to the Iguana. Gives a monopoly to the quest item.  

Map of the maze, and desc. will be made within the next couple days.
IP Logged

And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.
Stotic
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

We Can Rise

View Profile WWW

Re: Quest Idea
« Reply #1 on: 10/21/03 at 04:32:04 »
Quote Quote

And where would we place these keyholders?
IP Logged

We'll douse ourselves in gasoline and hang our bodies from the lampposts.
ice_cold

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: 10/21/03 at 04:49:57 »
Quote Quote

lizard seems way way to easy
IP Logged
Abra

±°_-¯ Sephiroth ¯-_°±

View Profile WWW

« Reply #3 on: 10/21/03 at 05:31:31 »
Quote Quote

on 10/21/03 at 04:49:57, ice_cold wrote:

/Nod
IP Logged

(,.-*'¨¨'*-.,¸)( Jabberwock Ingame )(¸,.-*'¨¨'*-.,¸)

(¯`·._)( Prøj€¢t Ärm§ )(_.·´¯)

Issy
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: 10/21/03 at 10:55:25 »
Quote Quote

on 10/21/03 at 04:32:04, Stotic wrote:

Anywhere on the nightmist map.  Graveyard by the grassy meadow, By the washed away bridge south of NM, foutain on the grassy path. It would be in a different place each time, and possibly each time becoming more difficult to find.

on 10/20/03 at 11:49:04, ice_cold wrote:
Easy in which way? his attacking? or his HP?
IP Logged

And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.
Abra

±°_-¯ Sephiroth ¯-_°±

View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: 10/21/03 at 13:17:59 »
Quote Quote

Inside my clan house
IP Logged

(,.-*'¨¨'*-.,¸)( Jabberwock Ingame )(¸,.-*'¨¨'*-.,¸)

(¯`·._)( Prøj€¢t Ärm§ )(_.·´¯)

sayadin
USA 

Why ask why? Stop being a pansy and just do it!!

stonersayadin420   kamikazekarni
View Profile Email

« Reply #6 on: 10/21/03 at 16:37:40 »
Quote Quote

if you ever watched the Anime called "Dragon Ball Z?" there is 7 Dragon Balls thats anywhere on earth and takes 1 year for them to get their power back after a wish.. Once somebody makes a with the 7 Dragon Balls fly in the air and each one goes in a different direction and lands randomly. What you could do is do the same for the "Keyholders." They will randomly be put in any place on the nightmist server... And each one that is collected the Server could send messages to everyone telling them who has One of the Keys. With the server telling everyone we know how many keys are left. And we know who we can kill to get it back... So would it be good?
IP Logged

WWJD(for a klondìke bar?)
Def-Con Owl Spray
Kills Owls Dead!
[Adult Swim]
I'm more confused than 3 bricks and a toilet seat!
Comedy is like cheese, Once you cut it, you can't stop laughing!!!
Spekkio
USA 

I didn't come here to fight... I came here to win!

Spekkio69   N/A
View Profile Email

« Reply #7 on: 10/21/03 at 16:47:25 »
Quote Quote

on 10/21/03 at 16:37:40, sayadin wrote:

if you ever watched the Anime called "Dragon Ball Z?" there is 7 Dragon Balls thats anywhere on earth and takes 1 year for them to get their power back after a wish.. Once somebody makes a with the 7 Dragon Balls fly in the air and each one goes in a different direction and lands randomly. What you could do is do the same for the "Keyholders." They will randomly be put in any place on the nightmist server... And each one that is collected the Server could send messages to everyone telling them who has One of the Keys. With the server telling everyone we know how many keys are left. And we know who we can kill to get it back... So would it be good?

Lol... next you will want a "Keyholder Radar"

I'm just picking... it would be kinda cool for something to be in a random place.

IP Logged

God put me on Earth to accomplish many things. Right now, I'm so far behind that I will never die.
sayadin
USA 

Why ask why? Stop being a pansy and just do it!!

stonersayadin420   kamikazekarni
View Profile Email

« Reply #8 on: 10/21/03 at 16:48:50 »
Quote Quote

on 10/21/03 at 16:47:25, Spekkio wrote:

Lol... next you will want a "Keyholder Radar"

I'm just picking... it would be kinda cool for something to be in a random place.

we can make a keyholder radar out of some twigs and berries.. j/k.... but that would be cool too but no sci-fi technology in nightmist plz.
IP Logged

WWJD(for a klondìke bar?)
Def-Con Owl Spray
Kills Owls Dead!
[Adult Swim]
I'm more confused than 3 bricks and a toilet seat!
Comedy is like cheese, Once you cut it, you can't stop laughing!!!
Spekkio
USA 

I didn't come here to fight... I came here to win!

Spekkio69   N/A
View Profile Email

« Reply #9 on: 10/21/03 at 16:51:34 »
Quote Quote

O.o   I was refering to the "Dragon Radar" in DB...
IP Logged

God put me on Earth to accomplish many things. Right now, I'm so far behind that I will never die.
Issy
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: 10/22/03 at 00:41:08 »
Quote Quote

If an Area Devloper, that might try to do this, would page me...i could give more details as to what my idea was trying to get at.

If anyone thinks there needs to be something editted, or anything in that nature...please tell me and i can edit it to what you, the people, think needs to be done.
IP Logged

Deval
Australia 

What one lacks in skill, he makes up for with alts

61207412 61207412   Death_Jester_King   HitCowsWithCars
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #11 on: 10/22/03 at 01:45:34 »
Quote Quote

on 10/21/03 at 02:47:54, Issy wrote:
The mods on this amulet would be; AC, 6. Strength, +1. Dexterity, +1. Wisdom -1.

With an item that gives a pretty powerful benefit of +1 dex & str, you'd need to sacrifice something more than just wisdom to balance out the item. Something like -1 con, or even both -1 wis and -1 con. Alot of items being suggested seem to incorporate a negative wisdom modifier to balance it, but wisdom is not a primary enough statistic to really level out the positive versus the negative
IP Logged

'Madness you say! Do you fear me? Are you afraid of what I might do, of what I might say? What a fascinating reaction. Don't you find it somewhat encumbering?'
Issy
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #12 on: 10/22/03 at 02:31:55 »
Quote Quote

What do you suggest the items mods should be? As i said in previous posts, this is totally up for editing.  

You also have to consider, this is only an item that is going to be given to 1 person. It won't be a daily drop.

Comments, suggestions, thinks that needs editing.
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.