Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - Leprechaun's Hideout »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
04/28/24 at 19:42:27

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist - Improving the game
   Nightmist Development
(Moderators: Stotic, JLH, Zephie, Pandilex)
   Leprechaun's Hideout
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Leprechaun's Hideout  (Read 1441 times)
Foxie
Great_Britain 

Kortisimou
View Profile

Leprechaun's Hideout
« on: 07/31/03 at 17:56:30 »
Quote Quote

Leprechaun's Hideout (a pot of gold at the end of every rainbow)

Story:
The tiresome pesky leprechauns have been sneeking gold from the worlds surface, each leprechaun has a little pot of gold, which traditionally is stored at the end of the rainbow, an elfen wizard called Shlazar stands guard over the leprechaun gold. Despite the leprechaun's dishonesty they steal to supply friends of the elfen shoemakers with gold to buy other armor and weapons.

An area to make armor and weapons more affordable to low level characters. This area would be suitable for level 18/20 max.

Task: To enter the rainbow and begin the quest to find the Leprechaun's Pot of Gold, a shamock is needed this must be carried by the party leader. A Shamrock will be dropped by a Leprechaun in the Forest (these are limited to one a day). The Leprechaun will roam throughout the wood and will leave a trail of green. The rainbow can only be seen by the character carrying the Shamrock. The Shamrock will allow the party to enter the rainbow. Travelling through the rainbow, monsters have to be killed to progress, nearing the end of the rainbow the boss Shlazar who guards the pot of gold will drops Leprechaun Boots, these boots must then be equiped to walk to the end of the rainbow and collect the pot of gold, which will contain 6-10k.  

Clouds and Sunbeams in the rainbow create a mist where no directions can be seen.

Monsters for the area:

In the wood:

Leprechaun: With pointed ears, Turned up toes and a little coat of green, The leprechauns busily make their shoes And try hard not to be seen.
Owl
Badger
Small Snake
Large Snake

In the rainbow:
Fairies: The fairie appear's very small in size the wings gossamer light, they shimmer with glimmering stars that appear to dance with their flight.
Sprites: desc. to be done

Boss:
Shlazar: desc to be done
Will sing - May the saints protect ye, And sorrow neglect ye, And bad luck to the one, That doesn't respect ye, T'all that belong to ye, And long life t'yer honor, That's the end of my song t'ye!

Items:
Leprechaun Boots: According to legend, these hand crafted boots are one of a kind, no set of boots look alike. These boots are worn by friends of the elfen shoemakers.
Level to equip:1 Armor base:1  
Shamrock: This token Shamrock feels light in your hands, and glitters the colour of green.

Sample Descriptions:

Gucci Pages You from Evergreen woods (nearby town):boo

Evergreen Woods: You are in the depths of the Evergreen Woods. You can explore further to the North, East and West.

In sunlight glades the ferny floor provides a carpet of green, upon which toadstools and harebells are seen, the branches of the nearby tree's beckon you, but as you stare the wrinkled trunks of tree's change to faces. The mouth, a hole in the trunk forms the home of the Leprechauns.

Gucci Pages You from Golden Gateway (Rainbow Entrance):boo

Rainbow Entrance: You have stepped into the rainbow into coloured enchantment, the arch of gold stands behind you and the rainbow stretches to the East

Rainbow: You are surrounded by the colourfull haze, your eyes adjust to the spectacular light. You may go Up  

The colours of red, orange and yellow surround you, the sight of the world below holds you spellbound as the sprites and fairies pass, as the rainbow stretches out before you.

Short and sweet, just an idea if anyone likes it i will have a map to show you in the next few days. but basically the wood, would be a small and square maybe 5x5 squares, and the rainbow running east to west moving one east, one up, one east, one up.. to a point then one east, one down and so on, and after collecting the pot of gold maybe a golden gateway to a town entrance

Edit: because the rainbow would form the shape of a rainbow it would be quite difficult to map, therefore just added an explanation b4 i attempt creating a map of it.
« Last Edit: 08/01/03 at 19:30:26 by Foxie » IP Logged

There's no turning back now you've woken up the deamon in me!
deSade
United_Kingdom 

Bloody crumbs everywhere!

View Profile

Re: Leprechaun's Hideout
« Reply #1 on: 07/31/03 at 20:42:00 »
Quote Quote

Like your idea, but just a thought for a name change for the boss, Banshee, which is another mythical Oirsh beast. A ghost woman whose eerie wailing is supposed to be a portent of DOOM! for those that hear it.

Just thought it might be more in keeping with the theme.  Smiley
IP Logged

ßí§ÇÚít Mħ±€®
Teh Fluff
Canada 

tEh FlUfF

56709527 56709527   zicdeh_silver_moon   ZicdehSilverMoon
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: 07/31/03 at 20:50:14 »
Quote Quote

I thought you couldn't make create a monster/boss with the same  name as a character in game? Just thought I'd bring this up since I own the crit Banshee
IP Logged

Metatron
Northern_Ireland 

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: 07/31/03 at 21:00:32 »
Quote Quote

also i think that a banshee is being used in another area by jen(not sure)
IP Logged

With ambitious aim against the throne and monarchy of God rais'd impious war in hev'n battle proud
~John Milton
deSade
United_Kingdom 

Bloody crumbs everywhere!

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: 07/31/03 at 21:02:40 »
Quote Quote

Oh well.....just a thought  Undecided
IP Logged

ßí§ÇÚít Mħ±€®
Foxie
Great_Britain 

Kortisimou
View Profile

« Reply #5 on: 07/31/03 at 21:26:38 »
Quote Quote

thanks for the positive feed back, and i had a look and under Lady_Maha's area development i think Jen posted Banshee is a monster already planned for a forthcoming area. Any other names please suggest.  Kiss

Edit: how about Daoine Sidhe for the boss, keeping with the theme, Daoine Sidhe's are Heroic Irish fairies. Said by some to be fallen angels too good for hell, also fits in with the Fairies and Sprites.

(Daoine Sidhe's also have a particular liking for beautiful mortals whom they steal for brides, but we will keep that quiet)
« Last Edit: 07/31/03 at 22:50:05 by Foxie » IP Logged

Epic
USA 

Whammo

Ask
View Profile

« Reply #6 on: 07/31/03 at 21:53:58 »
Quote Quote

i like it..

nicely done
IP Logged

Gangsta Gang Gang Gang Gang Gang Gangsta (walk)
Gang Gang Gang Gang Gang Gangsta (walk)
Gang Gang Gang Gang Gang Gangsta (do the gangsta walk)
Lady_Maha
Germany 

I found my Tao - how about you?

81348228 81348228   tannygurl   Tanja+Hilton
View Profile WWW

« Reply #7 on: 08/01/03 at 09:11:45 »
Quote Quote

I like it lots! Great job.
IP Logged

If you want to become whole, first let yourself become broken. (Lao Tse in the Tao Te Ching)
Stotic
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

We Can Rise

View Profile WWW

« Reply #8 on: 08/01/03 at 18:49:41 »
Quote Quote

I like.
IP Logged

We'll douse ourselves in gasoline and hang our bodies from the lampposts.
Legend

Metaphorical

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: 08/01/03 at 19:05:51 »
Quote Quote

i think its great  Cheesy
IP Logged

Heroes are remembered, but legends are never forgotten.
Foxie
Great_Britain 

Kortisimou
View Profile

« Reply #10 on: 08/01/03 at 19:18:07 »
Quote Quote

ooh i am glad people like it but crits are started with 200 gold in the bank, and looking at the lvl 30's these days to get one decked out it costs around 1-2mill, and for lower levels the 200 isnt a big start, this might hopefull give them a bit of help, and the pot of gold wouldnt be big enough to make a signifcant difference to the more well off people with low lvl alts.
IP Logged

Phobos
Canada 

-PuppetS-

Fate+and+Horror
View Profile

« Reply #11 on: 08/07/03 at 01:17:23 »
Quote Quote

It's great. I love it.
IP Logged

Phobos, Pentium, Jello, Mission, Damage, Alchemist
Threat, Puppet, Disturbance, Victim, Lysdexic, Haunted
Foxie
Great_Britain 

Kortisimou
View Profile

« Reply #12 on: 08/08/03 at 01:35:04 »
Quote Quote

:-D i only really write 4 fun, its what i enjoy most and hopefully it will get me a degree so this kinda stuff i enjoy glad ppl like it Smiley
IP Logged

dec
Ireland 

Don't F**K with the Irish

View Profile WWW

« Reply #13 on: 08/17/03 at 23:17:19 »
Quote Quote

very good idea  

u could have an old drunk irish dude wandering about called jim and if u tried to attack him he would tell u long stories that dnt go newhere which u cant escape from (sorry just thinkin of some relatives
IP Logged

http://goten677.tripod.com
Oracle
Nightmist Game Staff
United_Kingdom 

Tweeeeeeeeee

msn+=+Oracle_nightmist@msn.com   FnkBunny
View Profile Email

« Reply #14 on: 08/20/03 at 05:30:03 »
Quote Quote

OK this has got a lot of people’s approval. I would like your permission to set a very willing player off creating this area on the offline developer that I can then add in once it is all drawn out. She most probably won’t follow exactly how you lined it out but she will take a lot of the best parts and using your basic draft make an area with your idea.

For several reasons, for now, she will remain anonymous but anything you post here I will pass on to her. Once she has finished, she will no longer require her name to remain unknown and I'm sure credit can be given to her if you deem credit is due.

"Although she acknowledges that most credit belongs to Faerie for creating such an interesting area" and I will be giving updates on how it's coming along.

Thank you for this idea and I hope you are happy with us taking it up in this way.
IP Logged
Foxie
Great_Britain 

Kortisimou
View Profile

« Reply #15 on: 08/20/03 at 10:16:03 »
Quote Quote

Sure go ahead, that wud be fun to have Smiley and who ever creates it i hope has lots of fun like i did writing it, making things i wudnt know how to do but writing i can do, nice to know something will be added in as i wrote it for fun Smiley would love to see the idea placed in the game, If who ever it so maybe needs help, i would love 2 offer if its needed. (especially with the writing stuff)

*פ~» Emma «~¤×*

Edit: I will post and following Idea's on this thread, I also did have maps created but i recently formatted my computer so everything is on disk and well they arent all labeled so i will go in search, if who ever it maybe would like these, please e-mail me at complete_madness@hotmail.com

« Last Edit: 08/20/03 at 10:37:32 by Foxie » IP Logged

Oracle
Nightmist Game Staff
United_Kingdom 

Tweeeeeeeeee

View Profile Email

« Reply #16 on: 08/20/03 at 12:46:40 »
Quote Quote

She has asked me to say;

She deems that she's having a great amount of fun writing this area. She understands your want to help with the building process, but notes that she has this pretty well covered, and the area will be close to completion very shortly, and then some time will be taken by her to make sure it's at the level of perfection. Contrary to your intention of this area being for lower levels, she's creating the area to be for high levels, and extremely challenging. One element she is currently asking help for is the artistry. If anyone would be willing to create the pictures for this area please inform us. She doesn't want to open the area with "No Pic" everywhere. She wants it complete.
IP Logged
Foxie
Great_Britain 

Kortisimou
View Profile

« Reply #17 on: 08/20/03 at 12:59:04 »
Quote Quote

well, piccies i might have in my large collections somewhere, if she/he (but i think you used she) would like to memo me a list of the monsters/items/bosses she will infact be using i will be glad to search through my collection of disks Smiley
IP Logged

Oracle
Nightmist Game Staff
United_Kingdom 

Tweeeeeeeeee

View Profile Email

« Reply #18 on: 08/20/03 at 13:08:40 »
Quote Quote

The pics for monsters for the area required would be:

Fairy, Sprite, Magical Fairy, Large Rabbit, Bunny King, Leprechaun, Guard, Pixie.

Badger already excists but will be put in this area so a pic would be nice.

I think she intends to have a pic for all of these one way or another before it's opened so help from anyone would be greatfully accepted.
IP Logged
Foxie
Great_Britain 

Kortisimou
View Profile

« Reply #19 on: 08/20/03 at 13:20:45 »
Quote Quote

i hope you realise creating this area will mean i have to eat my hat due to a prior bet with angel... i am not impressed i am sure it wont taste nice  Undecided
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.