Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - Alternate Boss Drops! »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
03/28/24 at 19:25:28

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist - Improving the game
   Nightmist Development
(Moderators: Stotic, JLH, Zephie, Pandilex)
   Alternate Boss Drops!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Alternate Boss Drops!  (Read 19243 times)
Deval
Australia 

What one lacks in skill, he makes up for with alts

61207412 61207412   Death_Jester_King   HitCowsWithCars
View Profile WWW Email

Re: Alternate Boss Drops!
« Reply #300 on: 01/29/04 at 22:39:35 »
Quote Quote

Uh... same bd as the halberd wich is a boss drop? Me thinks not. Roll Eyes
IP Logged

'Madness you say! Do you fear me? Are you afraid of what I might do, of what I might say? What a fascinating reaction. Don't you find it somewhat encumbering?'
Raylen
England 

=)/¥\r.Ñ¡çÊ.Gû¥ (=

View Profile

« Reply #301 on: 01/30/04 at 00:39:02 »
Quote Quote

Ah yes BUT 5 levels higher, 2 more classes can use, and anyway its not exactly like the DG is tough - i reckon marauders are tougher cos ya gotta get there Tongue

And like i said - very very low drop chance - similar to the jagged lance or something. Such that if it were put in now, you'd come back in a year and there'd be about 5 in game.

Anyway, it was just a thought, my bro thinks its rubbish as well deval lol
IP Logged

Page/memo Commotion
Deval
Australia 

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #302 on: 01/30/04 at 02:13:17 »
Quote Quote

on 01/30/04 at 00:39:02, Raylen wrote:
Anyway, it was just a thought, my bro thinks its rubbish as well deval lol

Unnnggghhh, d**n you for making me feel bad.

Must... not... be... compassionate...
Evil thoughts, evil thoughts, evil thoughts, evil thoughts, evil thoughts, evil thoughts, evil thoughts...
IP Logged

'Madness you say! Do you fear me? Are you afraid of what I might do, of what I might say? What a fascinating reaction. Don't you find it somewhat encumbering?'
CuDDleZ
United_Kingdom 

View Profile

« Reply #303 on: 02/01/04 at 09:51:02 »
Quote Quote

Im not sure if this has been sugested already, iv read most of them and i havnt seen.
Rune staff drop at the lich - same %drop as the amulet.
The lich takes so much killing for what the amulet is worth now - with the new harabec amulet out.  It fights with a rune staff there should be a drop rate (if unless there already is one i dont know about)
Im sure this would really annoy whoever owns the existing staff but the lich should have more reward for the ammount of crits u need to kill it.
IP Logged
Chewbob
England 

I hate YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #304 on: 02/01/04 at 10:00:08 »
Quote Quote

on 02/01/04 at 09:51:02, CuDDleZ wrote:
Im not sure if this has been sugested already, iv read most of them and i havnt seen.
Rune staff drop at the lich - same %drop as the amulet.
The lich takes so much killing for what the amulet is worth now - with the new harabec amulet out.  It fights with a rune staff there should be a drop rate (if unless there already is one i dont know about)
Im sure this would really annoy whoever owns the existing staff but the lich should have more reward for the ammount of crits u need to kill it.

lol
IP Logged
Xcelon
United_Kingdom 

You think I'm wierd? Go take a look in the mirror!

View Profile

« Reply #305 on: 02/02/04 at 16:30:33 »
Quote Quote

Well instead of making the same bosses drop new weapons why dont we make new bosses? It seams a lot simpler  Undecided
IP Logged

~Xcelon~Ajimoo~Slovak~Remake~Atlanta~ In Game.
alone

My beautiful escape. Fall from pain. My suicide.

View Profile Email

« Reply #306 on: 02/02/04 at 18:48:14 »
Quote Quote

on 02/02/04 at 16:30:33, Xcelon wrote:
Well instead of making the same bosses drop new weapons why dont we make new bosses? It seams a lot simpler  Undecided

Cus new bosses are being made all the time? And this way, it'll reopen older areas so people actually see a reason to visit them, rather than some places laying unused..

Plus, new things are always great to see.
IP Logged

ice_cold

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #307 on: 02/03/04 at 23:42:13 »
Quote Quote

Chameleon's Hide (helmet)Armor base: 4, Can be worn by: clerics, druids, fighters, mages, paladins, rangers, thieves, pacifists, Description: Made from the tough skin of the chameleon, the helmet gives anormous protection while still be malable and light. , Level needed to equip it: 29, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0.

um, maybe drop rate of 25%

IP Logged
Crane
Nightmist Game Staff
Wales 

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #308 on: 02/04/04 at 08:53:44 »
Quote Quote

A couple of ideas for swords.  The first one could be dropped by, maybe, a corrupted swordmaker or swordmaster:

Library info for Cerberus Blade
Base Damage: 30, Can be used by: fighters, Description: An interesting and innovative sword design which consists of a long, double-edged blade and two shorter blades jutting out of the handguard, approximately 45 degrees to the main blade.  It is a very tricky weapon to handle though.  Level needed to equip it: 29, Magical: No, Vamparic: No, Armor: 0, Strength Modifier: 0, Intelligence Modifier: 0, Dexterity Modifier: 0, Constitution Modifier: 0, Wisdom Modifier: 0, Charisma Modifier: 0, Poison Chance: , Poison/30s damage: , Monster Damage table: , Mana Leech:  

This one... probably a demon boss would drop it.  As you can see by the negative Vamparic and Mana Leech values, it saps the user's strength away.  It is up to you to decide if the sword is worth it or not.

Library info for Blade of Wraiths
Base Damage: 100, Can be used by: fighters, paladins, berserkers, thieves, Description: When the gods of the ancient passed their prized Rainbow Blade to the God of Nightmist, Pandilex, the evil druid Norinth felt that he needed a counterpart sword to even the balance.  The sword was lost from Norinth's clutches after the failed siege of NorthKeep, but was later retrieved by a demonic ally, who kept it for his own.  Possibly the most powerful sword available to mortals, it comes with its own evil in the form of a curse that slowly saps the lifeforce from its users - only the undead are immune to its effects, Norinth's insurance that it did not fall into the wrong hands.  Level needed to equip it: 30, Magical: No, Vamparic: -0.5, Armor: 0, Strength Modifier: 0, Intelligence Modifier: 0, Dexterity Modifier: -1, Constitution Modifier: 0, Wisdom Modifier: 0, Charisma Modifier: 0, Poison Chance: , Poison/30s damage: , Monster Damage table: , Mana Leech: -0.1

P.S. Consider it a compliment, Pandilex!
« Last Edit: 02/04/04 at 14:33:21 by Crane » IP Logged

"Crane"

The Master knows all (except combination to safe)
Crane
Nightmist Game Staff
Wales 

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #309 on: 02/04/04 at 14:30:38 »
Quote Quote

Of course, the Blade of Wraiths may need quite a bit of modification, one reason is that it is a little unfair for Paladins (they are the only class that can use the weapon that have Mana points)
IP Logged

"Crane"

ice_cold

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #310 on: 02/06/04 at 02:16:48 »
Quote Quote

on 02/04/04 at 08:53:44, Praetor PredAtor, aka Crane wrote:
A couple of ideas for swords.  The first one could be dropped by, maybe, a corrupted swordmaker or swordmaster:

Library info for Cerberus Blade
Base Damage: 30, Can be used by: fighters, Description: An interesting and innovative sword design which consists of a long, double-edged blade and two shorter blades jutting out of the handguard, approximately 45 degrees to the main blade.  It is a very tricky weapon to handle though.  Level needed to equip it: 29, Magical: No, Vamparic: No, Armor: 0, Strength Modifier: 0, Intelligence Modifier: 0, Dexterity Modifier: 0, Constitution Modifier: 0, Wisdom Modifier: 0, Charisma Modifier: 0, Poison Chance: , Poison/30s damage: , Monster Damage table: , Mana Leech:  

This one... probably a demon boss would drop it.  As you can see by the negative Vamparic and Mana Leech values, it saps the user's strength away.  It is up to you to decide if the sword is worth it or not.

Library info for Blade of Wraiths
Base Damage: 100, Can be used by: fighters, paladins, berserkers, thieves, Description: When the gods of the ancient passed their prized Rainbow Blade to the God of Nightmist, Pandilex, the evil druid Norinth felt that he needed a counterpart sword to even the balance.  The sword was lost from Norinth's clutches after the failed siege of NorthKeep, but was later retrieved by a demonic ally, who kept it for his own.  Possibly the most powerful sword available to mortals, it comes with its own evil in the form of a curse that slowly saps the lifeforce from its users - only the undead are immune to its effects, Norinth's insurance that it did not fall into the wrong hands.  Level needed to equip it: 30, Magical: No, Vamparic: -0.5, Armor: 0, Strength Modifier: 0, Intelligence Modifier: 0, Dexterity Modifier: -1, Constitution Modifier: 0, Wisdom Modifier: 0, Charisma Modifier: 0, Poison Chance: , Poison/30s damage: , Monster Damage table: , Mana Leech: -0.1

P.S. Consider it a compliment, Pandilex!

i think this is the biggest rubbish yet, i know mine arent too good, but this?
IP Logged
Raylen
England 

=)/¥\r.Ñ¡çÊ.Gû¥ (=

View Profile

« Reply #311 on: 02/06/04 at 13:15:45 »
Quote Quote

on 02/04/04 at 14:30:38, Praetor PredAtor, aka Crane wrote:
Of course, the Blade of Wraiths may need quite a bit of modification, one reason is...
The other reason i presume would be the 100 base damage? lol Grin

In all fairness, the cerberus blade is probably a good idea, as fighters could use a little beefing-up, maybe lvl 30 to equip tho?

As for the blade of wraiths, the idea and the description rock, just base damage 100 is a little...umm...MENTAL? Lolz thieves would click themselves every time, surely? Chop the base damage down to say, 40, and it might be reasonable Tongue

But yeah, good ideas! i want em now! Cheesy
IP Logged

Page/memo Commotion
Crane
Nightmist Game Staff
Wales 

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #312 on: 02/06/04 at 14:11:14 »
Quote Quote

The idea behind the Blade of Wraiths is that it is a very powerful sword, but at the price that it does you serious harm if you use it, hence the negative Vamparic rating.  So anything greater than a 1-on-1 fight will be a very risky gamble, unless you have a good healer with you.

Thinking about it though, especially regarding thieves, 100 damage is a little extreme.  40 does indeed sound more reasonable.
IP Logged

"Crane"

Tatsu
England 

Tatsu, Kang, Syphon in game

View Profile

« Reply #313 on: 02/07/04 at 00:28:26 »
Quote Quote

like the fighter sword, they could do with doing a lil bit more damage  Smiley

im slightly concerned about the other idea....even with base damage reduced (!) to 40 it would be far to powerful in the hands of zerkers and thieves, who would just click everyone, and zerkers have very high hps so the minus vamp wouldent be that bad  Undecided

however it might work if u reduced it to 32 damage (orless), people would still use it because of its awesome clicking power on thieves/zerkers  Cheesy

IP Logged

ooh-eeh-ooh-aah-ahh, ting-tang, walla-walla-bing-bang; ooh-eeh-ooh-aah-ahh, ting-tang-walla-walla-bing-bang. (repeat, with various arm and leg movements)
Eiements
USA 

Endure the Elements

elementskter15
View Profile

« Reply #314 on: 02/11/04 at 06:48:59 »
Quote Quote

hobo's robes:
crazy pete drops them
and when u put them on u get no ac just the drunk effect untill removed and ur chr goes down to 0

for some good old hobo roleplaying
IP Logged

i like stuff
Deval
Australia 

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #315 on: 02/11/04 at 10:08:28 »
Quote Quote

Oh Funness!
IP Logged

?
England 

View Profile

« Reply #316 on: 02/17/04 at 21:14:50 »
Quote Quote

Boots of Lag Protection

Armor base: 1, Can be worn by: clerics, druids, fighters, mages, paladins, rangers, thieves, pacifists, Description: Rumoured to give the wearer protection from lag, this device is truly magical., Level needed to equip it: 30, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 1, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: -2.

Lag monster drop 0.5% drop rate

Staff of Time

Base damage: 23, Can be worn by: clerics, mages, Description: Level needed to equip it: 30, Magical: No, Vamparic: No, Armor: 2, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0, Poison chance: 0, Poison/30s damage: 0, Monster damage table: , Mana leech:0.1 .

Time mage, 3% Drop Rate

IP Logged

I know you but, do you know me?
Kazul
USA 

Don't speak, just let people assume your dumb.

hellcat13713
View Profile

« Reply #317 on: 02/17/04 at 21:49:26 »
Quote Quote

Couple of things,  
1. The drop rate on the lich does not need to be mess w/.  Yes i would be irritated if every nub in nm was runnin around w/a weapon i paid quite a bit to get.  If there were a bunch of them the vamparic would have to be tweaked, cause a bunch of ppl runnin around w/60% vamparic would be bs.

2. The idea of the new fighters sword is good but base damage should be more like 35 in my opinion, and you should lower the other a bit, 100 base damage is nuts lol, u'd one round a zerker w/o any enhances in like 2-3 stam max.  But good descriptions and interesting ideas

3. I like the idea on the boots of lag protection, 5% drop rate would make things interesting.
IP Logged

If you can't think of anything truly worth saying, you'd be just like the othere 99.9% of the population.
Deval
Australia 

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #318 on: 02/17/04 at 21:56:29 »
Quote Quote

on 02/17/04 at 21:14:50, ? wrote:
Boots of Lag Protection

Armor base: 1, Can be worn by: clerics, druids, fighters, mages, paladins, rangers, thieves, pacifists, Description: Rumoured to give the wearer protection from lag, this device is truly magical., Level needed to equip it: 30, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 1, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: -2.

Lag monster drop 0.5% drop rate

Staff of Time

Base damage: 23, Can be worn by: clerics, mages, Description: Level needed to equip it: 30, Magical: No, Vamparic: No, Armor: 2, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0, Poison chance: 0, Poison/30s damage: 0, Monster damage table: , Mana leech:0.1 .

Time mage, 3% Drop Rate

Staff of time seems quite well balanced, but I can't imagine they are looking at putting more "Time" equipment into the game, as there are currently two 'Time' products. With the boots of lag protection, I don't think any form of charisma loss, no matter how great, can really be an effective counterweight to additional dexterity, they would have to lose something more than just charisma IMO.
« Last Edit: 02/18/04 at 00:02:58 by Deval » IP Logged

ice_cold

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #319 on: 02/17/04 at 23:36:19 »
Quote Quote

i dont even think there should be another dex giving pair of boots, there's already feathered boots, santa's boots, lightning boots (or whatever they were), i just dont think its needed
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.