Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - Alternate Boss Drops! »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
04/25/24 at 20:20:54

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist - Improving the game
   Nightmist Development
(Moderators: Stotic, JLH, Zephie, Pandilex)
   Alternate Boss Drops!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13  ...  17 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Alternate Boss Drops!  (Read 19298 times)
ice_cold

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

Re: Alternate Boss Drops!
« Reply #200 on: 09/25/03 at 05:41:45 »
Quote Quote

were those even put in?
IP Logged
Zephie
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

Kalypso in game.

View Profile

« Reply #201 on: 09/25/03 at 07:07:26 »
Quote Quote

yep a while back
IP Logged

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds" - Albert Einstein
dec
Ireland 

Don't F**K with the Irish

View Profile WWW

« Reply #202 on: 09/25/03 at 22:14:13 »
Quote Quote

on 09/25/03 at 05:26:40, Zephie wrote:
More potions would be nice, anyone remember the Bear Potion? and the Lycantrophe potion?

no enlightnen me
IP Logged

http://goten677.tripod.com
ice_cold

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #203 on: 10/03/03 at 04:21:21 »
Quote Quote

Gargoyle
Library info for Stone Ring
Armor base: 1, Can be worn by: clerics, druids, fighters, mages, paladins, rangers, thieves, pacifists, Description: A hard piece of the gargoyles flesh chipped off in a battle with him., Level needed to equip it: 10, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0.

not really a boss, but the stone gargoyle is more then a regular foe, and doesnt really give a reward for killing it

drop rate: 5%
IP Logged
Deval
Australia 

What one lacks in skill, he makes up for with alts

61207412 61207412   Death_Jester_King   HitCowsWithCars
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #204 on: 10/03/03 at 07:33:35 »
Quote Quote

on 10/03/03 at 04:21:21, Ice_Cold wrote:
Description: A hard piece of the gargoyles flesh chipped off in a battle with him

Instead, how about:

A jagged ring of stone snapped from the hollow horn of a slain Gargoyle.

Also, I'd reduce the drop rate significantly, to a number somewhere similar to Wylsen, seeing as the item will be somewhat sought after - as it would be a free ring, that is actually useful, accessable to the lower levels, and the monster(s) that drop it are not particularly hard to kill.
IP Logged

'Madness you say! Do you fear me? Are you afraid of what I might do, of what I might say? What a fascinating reaction. Don't you find it somewhat encumbering?'
Abra

±°_-¯ Sephiroth ¯-_°±

View Profile WWW

« Reply #205 on: 10/03/03 at 07:57:59 »
Quote Quote

Ultima Weapon

Base damage: 28, Can be used by: fighters, paladins, berserkers, Description: A weapon that said to be used by a  Hero and built to kill Strong monsters and Save People Level needed to equip it: 30, Magical: Yes, Vamparic: No, Armor: 0, Strength modifier: 1, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0, Poison chance: 0, Poison/30s damage: 0, Monster damage table: Mana leech:

IP Logged

(,.-*'¨¨'*-.,¸)( Jabberwock Ingame )(¸,.-*'¨¨'*-.,¸)

(¯`·._)( Prøj€¢t Ärm§ )(_.·´¯)

New Generation
England 

The New Generation has arrived...

View Profile

« Reply #206 on: 10/03/03 at 12:22:36 »
Quote Quote

1/ description needs improving Undecided (no offence)

2/ isnt base a little high, considering BOT only has 29 base

3/ STR mod on an already extremely powerful weapon... the phrase "over the top" comes to mind

EDIT: 4/ magical too...
IP Logged

Lionheart
Deval
Australia 

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #207 on: 10/03/03 at 15:30:15 »
Quote Quote

on 10/03/03 at 12:22:36, New Generation wrote:
1/ description needs improving Undecided (no offence)

2/ isnt base a little high, considering BOT only has 29 base

3/ STR mod on an already extremely powerful weapon... the phrase "over the top" comes to mind

EDIT: 4/ magical too...

* Deval is nodding
IP Logged

'Madness you say! Do you fear me? Are you afraid of what I might do, of what I might say? What a fascinating reaction. Don't you find it somewhat encumbering?'
ice_cold

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #208 on: 10/03/03 at 21:04:33 »
Quote Quote

on 10/03/03 at 07:33:35, Deval wrote:

Instead, how about:

A jagged ring of stone snapped from the hollow horn of a slain Gargoyle.

Also, I'd reduce the drop rate significantly, to a number somewhere similar to Wylsen, seeing as the item will be somewhat sought after - as it would be a free ring, that is actually useful, accessable to the lower levels, and the monster(s) that drop it are not particularly hard to kill.

it only gives one armor, and the gargoyle isnt a peice of cake to kill...it would take around 20 kills to get it, crystal giant drops everytime...
IP Logged
Doublement

Contact Gaddy, Prism, Ceaser, or Mercury in game.

Gaddy101
View Profile

« Reply #209 on: 10/09/03 at 23:45:39 »
Quote Quote

Yes, but CG is a hard boss that takes a lot of time, paticence, higher lvls, spells, and keeping from dying....

gargoyle isnt hard or a boss, doesnt take time, doesnt need higher lvls, ive never seen anyone jumped there.
IP Logged

You see to live is to suffer, but to survive, well, thats to find meaning in the suffering.
Slippin' by DMX

/bounce should be an emote.

gad- v. to wander about aimlessly seeking amusement
Deval
Australia 

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #210 on: 10/10/03 at 02:31:33 »
Quote Quote

on 10/03/03 at 21:04:33, Ice_Cold wrote:
crystal giant drops everytime...

The Crystal Giant also only spawns once a day. Roll Eyes
IP Logged

ice_cold

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #211 on: 10/10/03 at 07:20:26 »
Quote Quote

yeah, and the crystal giant drops a ring that give 3 armor, not one or two, i could understand your resistance if it gave more armor then 1, but come on, it gives 1 armor. look at it this way, 3 Stone rings would equal 1 crystal ring and would take around 60 kills to get. the stone gargoyle may be an easier boss, but it still needs magical weapons to kill, something not everyone has who goes there, most people i see are either pally's with pikes or paci's, they'll be able to kill it right?? but lets take that into consideration, 60 kills for 3 rings that give 1 armor that 4 crits can take in about 15 minutes, lets say your quick, 10 minutes with just 4 crits, 10*60/10 which means it would take 10 hours of killing the stone gargoyle to get what the crystal giant gives in one kill. yes the crystal giant is harder to kill, but there's more weapons that can damage it...scarlet dagger, cobalt staff, spider staff, enchatned bow....stone gargoyle can only be hit by spider staff's, ofcourse thier not too rare, but still less. But what i was really aiming at, was introducing a drop, that 1 person with alts could get, which not too many bosses are like that. Before you rag on an idea, maybe you should look at how it can help the game out. some people dont have friends to go to a boss with, some people dont have the strength in their crits to level everywhere you do, some people dont have the time, and SHOULDNT need the time to get something that is kinda cool. this isnt an item that would upset the 'balanace' of power.
IP Logged
Deval
Australia 

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #212 on: 10/10/03 at 08:55:45 »
Quote Quote

Don't make me insult you, and settle down. Before you further your 'abused newb' rant, I don't have a huge party of friends that I go to bosses with, and I was taking all factors into consideration. From your rant, it would appear to me that you are modelling the idea on yourself, rather than the entire Nightmist community. Fact of the matter is, if staff wanted Rings to be a dime-a-dozen item, they could have added a throng of them in long ago.
IP Logged

ice_cold

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #213 on: 10/10/03 at 09:53:01 »
Quote Quote

ACTUALLY, i've killed such bosses as cg, dg, and captain wylsen, so dont throw around the word 'newb'. 2nd, im actually thinking of OTHER players, rather then most people who just want drops for themselves...i personally wouldnt care if i ever got one of these, it would just be something to ADD to the game. we didn't completely need rose blade, but we got it right? im just throwing out an idea.

edit: and just because there would be 4 readaly available types of rings in the game, doesnt mean they would turn  into a dime-a-dozen item.
IP Logged
Bishop
USA 

Draco Honoris - Fighting for Honor and Goodness

View Profile Email

An Easy One...
« Reply #214 on: 10/10/03 at 16:16:51 »
Quote Quote

How about changing the drop on the 'Chest' in the SDG to drop Healing Potion/Adv. Healing Potion: .95/.50  (maybe even some other item that isn't in-play much)

Just for the sake of variety  Smiley
IP Logged

"What you fear in the night in the day comes to call anyway."
Stotic
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

We Can Rise

View Profile WWW

« Reply #215 on: 10/16/03 at 22:37:05 »
Quote Quote

I was thinking of maybe a rare potion that functioned as a one-time recall.
IP Logged

We'll douse ourselves in gasoline and hang our bodies from the lampposts.
saiffo

Email

« Reply #216 on: 10/17/03 at 20:29:38 »
Quote Quote

Library info for Rainbow Ring:  
Armor base: 20, Can be worn by: All Classes          Description: This Ring Is Dropped By The Crystal Giant Himself.It Takes Alot Of Patience And Effort To Get This Ring So Only The Patient And The High Levels Deserve This Ring.Level needed to equip it: 30.  Strength modifier: 1, Intelligence modifier: 2, Dexterity modifier: 1, Constitution modifier: 1, Wisdom modifier: 1, Charisma modifier: 2.
Dropped By:The Crystal Giant
Drop Rate:1%  
« Last Edit: 10/17/03 at 20:50:16 by saiffo » IP Logged
Rappy_Ninja

View Profile

« Reply #217 on: 10/17/03 at 20:48:10 »
Quote Quote

overpowered....

lame...

should say staff only
IP Logged
saiffo

Email

« Reply #218 on: 10/17/03 at 20:51:58 »
Quote Quote

If it was staff only it would say

Library info for Rainbow Ring:  
Armor base: 1000, Can be worn by: All Classes     Description: This Ring Is Dropped By The Crystal Giant Himself.It Takes Alot Of Patience And Effort To Get This Ring So Only The Patient And The High Levels Deserve This Ring.Level needed to equip it: 31.  Strength modifier: 1234, Intelligence modifier: 1234, Dexterity modifier: 1234, Constitution modifier: 1234, Wisdom modifier: 1234, Charisma modifier: 1234.
IP Logged
Stotic
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

We Can Rise

View Profile WWW

« Reply #219 on: 10/17/03 at 22:30:02 »
Quote Quote

on 10/17/03 at 20:48:10, Rappy_Ninja wrote:
overpowered....

lame...

What he said.
IP Logged

We'll douse ourselves in gasoline and hang our bodies from the lampposts.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13  ...  17 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.