Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - Alternate Boss Drops! »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
04/24/24 at 07:54:33

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist - Improving the game
   Nightmist Development
(Moderators: Stotic, JLH, Zephie, Pandilex)
   Alternate Boss Drops!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11  ...  17 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Alternate Boss Drops!  (Read 19292 times)
ice_cold

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

Re: Alternate Boss Drops!
« Reply #160 on: 09/02/03 at 05:04:56 »
Quote Quote

why can you say something about the gun but not the boots Huh
IP Logged
Stotic
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

We Can Rise

View Profile WWW

« Reply #161 on: 09/02/03 at 07:31:55 »
Quote Quote

I'd say reduce the armor to 1 for the boots.
IP Logged

We'll douse ourselves in gasoline and hang our bodies from the lampposts.
ice_cold

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #162 on: 09/03/03 at 05:03:15 »
Quote Quote

why 1Huh

Have you EVER fought the Hydra Body? It isn't nearly as easy as it's cracked up to be. As well reducing it to one would make them cpompletely and udderly useless on the basis it becomes a crocidile skin boots which are 100x harder to get.

Edit: maybe change it to 2 armor and drop's 5% of the time, that's 20 kills (supposedly) to get them.
IP Logged
Doublement

Contact Gaddy, Prism, Ceaser, or Mercury in game.

Gaddy101
View Profile

« Reply #163 on: 09/03/03 at 05:38:56 »
Quote Quote

I like the hydra boots idea.

I'd like to see a boss east of the lost trail between BT and the desert called Sarka or something along those lines that you could kill for a drop of around 5k and a 1-3% drop of Sacred Dagger.

Library info for Sacred Dagger:
Base damage: 14, Can be used by: thieves, clerics, fighters,  Description:  One of the lost daggers of Edric's great grandfater.  Stolen by a band of thieves that disappeared long ago believed to have been over run by monsters, and forced to retreat to hidden caves. , Level needed to equip it: 21, Magical: Yes, Vamparic: .1, Armor: 0, Strength modifier: -1, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: +2, Wisdom modifier: +1, Charisma modifier: 0, Poison chance: 0, Poison/30s damage: 0, Monster damage table: , Mana leech: .

I figured it probably is too strong in some odd way.  It would help in training thieves and fighters at mid-lvls.  I figure you could use it to solo-train or train small parties of fighters without a cleric and just kind of wander around an area with weaker monsters, learn the map and such without having to drown yourself in pots.  I think it would be a good addition because it gives fighters a weapon they can use at CG and a weapon zerkers cannot use (due to it requiring more intelegence to weild than zerkers have but not more than fighters),  I also can see it being very useful for training them in parties when you don't wish to use a cleric, or something like that.  There wouldnt be a large ammount of them just floating around due to low drop %.  I think it might need to be made more difficult to get to though, the boss could be similar to elshira in difficulty, a little more hp, spawning thieves and/or rugged rogues, and hitting for 25-40 instead of 5.

One thing i know about it will get flamed is how it is magical, i dont really see why fighters cannot fight the cg, thieves do little damage to it, but i dont think this weapon would make them own it or anything.  I suppose the magical thing could be taken off and give it .15 vamp or +2 or something to base.  Cons mod is to make thieves able to wander covert more easily and explore.  Personally i wouldnt dwell on the magical part of it, and i highly doubt any attention to the idea would be followed by any type of addition.  I do think that there should be more small bosses in game though, and in places, like the lost trail, where newer players might find it.
IP Logged

You see to live is to suffer, but to survive, well, thats to find meaning in the suffering.
Slippin' by DMX

/bounce should be an emote.

gad- v. to wander about aimlessly seeking amusement
Doublement

Gaddy101
View Profile

« Reply #164 on: 09/03/03 at 06:04:12 »
Quote Quote

I thought another good thing would be to add different drops to the Elshira.  Spider staff has been around so long that there are tons and tons floating around, the drop is really low now, but there are still loads of them all over the place.

Library info for  Ring of Skulls:
Armor base: 1, Can be worn by: clerics, druids, fighters, mages, paladins, rangers, thieves, pacifists, Description: A small ring found on Elshira after she was vanquished.  It looks as though the remains of tiny spider skeletons have been linked together to make this thick band., Level needed to equip it: 1, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0.

possibly make it require lvl 2 so that people who own gold and the valintines day rings didnt waste money on a drop they could get (considering some people actually bought a set for lvl 1 moshers....no comment about that though)

Library info for Tainted Bracers:
Armor base: 3, Can be worn by: clerics, thieves, pacifists, rangers, druids, fighters, paladins   Description: A small shield attatced to leather bands that allow you to strap it to your forearm.  A very sleek and ingenious idea for people who have more important things on their hands than concentrating on holding a normal shield., Level needed to equip it: 21, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: +1, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0.

Another idea for the queen.  It would be the new best shield for thieves (steel bracers and buckler are the only things right?).  I think it makes sense to give them a small increase in armor.  It increases cons to make thieves easier to walk covert, makes sense to me since they would be able to focus more on being stealthy than holding equip.

Please share any thoughts, opinions, or changes you think about the items.  I'd really like to see the spider queen become useful again, and I could see these being very desirable items....maybe too desirable for such a weak boss (the bracers that is)...but with same or slightly increased drop as spider staff archies would only be running to it for a couple of weeks before most of them had the # they need.

IP Logged

You see to live is to suffer, but to survive, well, thats to find meaning in the suffering.
Slippin' by DMX

Deval
Australia 

What one lacks in skill, he makes up for with alts

61207412 61207412   Death_Jester_King   HitCowsWithCars
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #165 on: 09/03/03 at 08:02:33 »
Quote Quote

Bangle of Clarity:

A stunning band of shimmering unmarked platinum, rumoured to have been found at the bottom of a well in the ruins of the mythical Cloud City.  

Armour: 1

Renders wearer immune to hypnosis
OPTIONAL +1 charisma.
IP Logged

'Madness you say! Do you fear me? Are you afraid of what I might do, of what I might say? What a fascinating reaction. Don't you find it somewhat encumbering?'
dec
Ireland 

Don't F**K with the Irish

View Profile WWW

« Reply #166 on: 09/03/03 at 15:07:04 »
Quote Quote

i like the bangle thingy
IP Logged

http://goten677.tripod.com
Mephistroth

Email

« Reply #167 on: 09/03/03 at 19:53:35 »
Quote Quote

Sacred Dagger does seem a little over the top.. I'd happily get one and stick it on my cleric. Extra wisdom would help it out a lot.
IP Logged
Doublement

Gaddy101
View Profile

« Reply #168 on: 09/03/03 at 22:03:27 »
Quote Quote

ya i thought it was a little too strong...but i think it could be considered...really i forgot this was the ALTERNATE boss drops section...and that boss doesnt exist..but i'd like to see something similar to that weapon.
IP Logged

Slippin' by DMX

CPG
USA 

dude hit guy wif lol

VinzcentXS
View Profile WWW

« Reply #169 on: 09/04/03 at 00:52:19 »
Quote Quote

So what about the scarlet dagger? It would basically be crappy and pointless if this was put in. Fighters don't have magical weapons easily accessible because, well, they are Fighters. They fight, not take time out of their training to go read a book. Now you may ask why Thieves and Rangers have ones that are easily obtained. These classes are attuned to magical forces in small ways. Thieves always get a better roll of the dice. Rangers can communicate with animals and such. Fighters weren't meant to be able to fight the crystal giant. The game isn't just about killing bosses.
IP Logged

Doublement

Gaddy101
View Profile

« Reply #170 on: 09/04/03 at 01:39:01 »
Quote Quote

I'd say some stuff..but there is no reason.

Fighters shouldn't be considered idiots swining a stick and wearing armor.  That is a zerker with armor.  Fighters would be extremely well adept at weilding any weaponry i would think (not bows..but other things).  They can use Christmas blade and Csotw...those fight the CG...like i said...you can flame its magic ability, i dont really care if you do.  There are plenty of reasons to make the dagger either way....

and who said that it was suppose to be easy to get?  The boss might not be really really hard...but a 1-3% drop would make it like a spyglass...and i dont see many of them in game at all....
IP Logged

Slippin' by DMX

ice_cold

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #171 on: 09/04/03 at 03:11:07 »
Quote Quote

on 09/04/03 at 01:39:01, -Gaddy- wrote:
I'd say some stuff..but there is no reason.

Fighters shouldn't be considered idiots swining a stick and wearing armor.  That is a zerker with armor.  Fighters would be extremely well adept at weilding any weaponry i would think (not bows..but other things).  They can use Christmas blade and Csotw...those fight the CG...like i said...you can flame its magic ability, i dont really care if you do.  There are plenty of reasons to make the dagger either way....

and who said that it was suppose to be easy to get?  The boss might not be really really hard...but a 1-3% drop would make it like a spyglass...and i dont see many of them in game at all....

i wanna go to the captain tonight, wanna go with me...errr, i mean, it was a good idea, but a little over the top, maybe way over the top, maybe not magical and not vampiric and i would vote for it, and it would have to be a main drop on a boss....
IP Logged
Doublement

Gaddy101
View Profile

« Reply #172 on: 09/04/03 at 05:35:56 »
Quote Quote

taking away the vamp makes it completly against the general idea i was going for...if it is still too strong w/o magic take off some of the stat mods...im saying give these classes a weapon that they could hit things with to train (clerics just have it cause it is sacred and stuff), thieves could use it til lvl 26 with dotw, fighters have no vamp. weapons other than csotw...except the rune stuff i suppose.  I just think it would be nice to be able to solo train some low lvl fighters and thieves in weak places..help learn the maps better...if you gathered 4-6 of them you'd have a party set for training anywhere but desert and chronos i'd think..or close to it..some areas would be difficult still..../shrug.
IP Logged

Slippin' by DMX

Mephistroth

Email

« Reply #173 on: 09/04/03 at 08:09:10 »
Quote Quote

on 09/04/03 at 00:52:19, CPG wrote:
So what about the scarlet dagger? It would basically be crappy and pointless if this was put in. Fighters don't have magical weapons easily accessible because, well, they are Fighters. They fight, not take time out of their training to go read a book. Now you may ask why Thieves and Rangers have ones that are easily obtained. These classes are attuned to magical forces in small ways. Thieves always get a better roll of the dice. Rangers can communicate with animals and such. Fighters weren't meant to be able to fight the crystal giant. The game isn't just about killing bosses.

Remember that it’s the weapon that’s magical, the fighter doesn't have to read any books or anything to use it. All he needs to do is pick it up and hit stuff. They may not be extremely intelligent but I still think they can manage that.
IP Logged
Exor
USA 

I believe in a thing called loooooove!

View Profile Email

« Reply #174 on: 09/05/03 at 06:33:27 »
Quote Quote

Library info for Crystal Staff:
Base damage: 12, Can be used by: clerics,mages, Description: The crystal on this staff was made from the same crystal that the Crystal Giant himself is made out of.When using this staff it enchants the user with mystical powers and elegant looks., Level needed to equip it: 25, Magical: Yes, Vamparic: No, Armor: 0, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 1, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 1, Poison chance: 0, Poison/30s damage: 0, Monster damage table: , Mana leech: .

Thought it would be a nice new item to help improve mages.Will be useful on clerics who are only used for healing too.

Im not good at writing descriptions so maybe someone else can write a better one  Undecided lol /shrug

Edit:added magical:yes
IP Logged

Mark was here... again.. October 2 2017 <3
Deval
Australia 

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #175 on: 09/05/03 at 14:02:31 »
Quote Quote

We won't make a new one, we'll simply assist you by modifying what you already have

on 09/05/03 at 06:33:27, Exor wrote:
Description: The crystal topping this staff was taken from the very body of the Crystal Giant itself. Bearers of this staff have been rumoured to be blessed with knowledge beyond that of common scholars, whilst the light dancing trough the crystal creates an illusion of grace

IP Logged

'Madness you say! Do you fear me? Are you afraid of what I might do, of what I might say? What a fascinating reaction. Don't you find it somewhat encumbering?'
Deval
Australia 

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #176 on: 09/05/03 at 14:31:41 »
Quote Quote

Circlet -

Description: A narrow band of gold that sits delicately around the head and across the temples of the wearer. Whilst providing limited protection for ones head, it is the preferred head gaurd of scholars and academics, as its light weight and small size provide limited interference during the weaving of spells.

Armour: 2

Classes: Mage, Cleric, Pacifist.
IP Logged

ice_cold

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #177 on: 09/11/03 at 08:44:40 »
Quote Quote

Library info for Crocodile Hide Bracelet:  
Base armor: 0, Can be used by: clerics, mages, druids, fighters, rangers, pacifists, thieves, palladins, Description: The dried out skin of a giant crocodile has been fashioned into this lovely bracelet. Although in many circles the barbaric blood stained bracelet is shunned, some people have highly thought after it., Level needed to equip it: 5,  Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0

Just something to fill up characters free spaces. Could maybe even be used as a key somewhere new??

edit: forgot drop rate, maybe 5%-10%? equalling about 1-2 drop(s) a day so not to many float around
IP Logged
Doublement

Gaddy101
View Profile

« Reply #178 on: 09/12/03 at 05:46:53 »
Quote Quote

bracelets are pretty arar usually..i dont think croc should drop them....maybe as an higher percent drop for hedge lord or malok or something that has low drop rate, just a bracelets with 0 armor instead of 1.
IP Logged

Slippin' by DMX

ice_cold

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #179 on: 09/12/03 at 07:14:16 »
Quote Quote

why should one of the harder bosses drop a bracelet that gives 0 armor? its a pointless item that just fills up your crit, no need for it to be a gut wrenching item you have to pay 500k to get...
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11  ...  17 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.