Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - Alternate Boss Drops! »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
04/19/24 at 17:53:18

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist - Improving the game
   Nightmist Development
(Moderators: Stotic, JLH, Zephie, Pandilex)
   Alternate Boss Drops!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10  ...  17 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Alternate Boss Drops!  (Read 19288 times)
ice_cold

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

Re: Alternate Boss Drops!
« Reply #140 on: 08/17/03 at 09:15:00 »
Quote Quote

I still think that Crystal Gauntlets would be a great addition to the game...

Library info for Crystal Gauntlets:
Armor base: 9, Can be worn by: clerics, druids, fighters, mages, paladins, rangers, thieves, pacifists, Description: A small shaving of the crystal giants tough crystal body have been formed into these amazing gauntlets. When the owner slips the gauntlets on, an incredible power surges threw the wearer's body gifting them with incredible stregth., Level needed to equip it: 27, Strength modifier: 1, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0.

This may seem a little bit better the the spider Gauntlets, but for good reason, not many people would give up +1 dex for +1 str. I really do think something of this nature could very easily be added as a drop for the CG, personally, i feel it would be a good 25% drop
IP Logged
Sausage
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #141 on: 08/17/03 at 09:19:58 »
Quote Quote

I like the CG's. (heh)  

The gauntlets of power don't make sense to me though.. Why make the base so low and then give 1 str....  Huh Just seems like it would put the base right back up.
IP Logged

-=-§Äû§ÅGÉ-=-
Paradox

raven2k15   ravechyld587
View Profile Email

« Reply #142 on: 08/17/03 at 16:18:34 »
Quote Quote

oh opps lol i made that last night at like 2am...wanted to put it as the same base as sg's
IP Logged

That_wierd,Paradox,Varaconn in game
Sausage
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #143 on: 08/17/03 at 16:23:01 »
Quote Quote

You did have it has 8 base damage. That's what threw me for a loop.
IP Logged

-=-§Äû§ÅGÉ-=-
Paradox

raven2k15   ravechyld587
View Profile Email

« Reply #144 on: 08/17/03 at 16:39:55 »
Quote Quote

lol sry about that like i said i was up at 2am and bored...i got it fixed now though Smiley
IP Logged

Sausage
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #145 on: 08/17/03 at 16:41:52 »
Quote Quote

All's well that ends well.  Cheesy
IP Logged

-=-§Äû§ÅGÉ-=-
Paradox

raven2k15   ravechyld587
View Profile Email

« Reply #146 on: 08/17/03 at 20:09:35 »
Quote Quote

i was wonderin if anyone liked the idea i had for the whip cuz i truley think it would be a realy cool item to use and the base dammage and sutch would fit perfectly seings how the lag monster would drop it...i think the name and desc could use a little bit of work though  Grin
IP Logged

ice_cold

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #147 on: 08/18/03 at 05:35:37 »
Quote Quote

Library info for Hydra Boots:
Armor base: 3, Can be worn by: clerics, druids, fighters, mages, paladins, rangers, thieves, pacifists, Description: The hydra boots are a deep red color, stained from the hydras blood during its slaying., Level needed to equip it: 25, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0.

The Hydra Body obviously need a lot of help, since the reduced it's gold drop by about 75% and Hydra Thorns have little use in the game. I propose this be a 25% drop.
« Last Edit: 08/23/03 at 22:19:20 by ice_cold » IP Logged
Deval
Australia 

What one lacks in skill, he makes up for with alts

61207412 61207412   Death_Jester_King   HitCowsWithCars
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #148 on: 08/20/03 at 00:39:28 »
Quote Quote

Seems reasonable to me. On that note, I'd like to see more tasking style stuff with items such as this. Where instead of just getting the item, you get something like 'Hydra Hide', which you can then take to a tailor to have made into a cloak (i.e neck item) or gloves or boots at a bootmaker etc etc etc.
IP Logged

'Madness you say! Do you fear me? Are you afraid of what I might do, of what I might say? What a fascinating reaction. Don't you find it somewhat encumbering?'
ice_cold

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #149 on: 08/20/03 at 03:41:34 »
Quote Quote

on 08/20/03 at 00:39:28, Deval wrote:

Seems reasonable to me. On that note, I'd like to see more tasking style stuff with items such as this. Where instead of just getting the item, you get something like 'Hydra Hide', which you can then take to a tailor to have made into a cloak (i.e neck item) or gloves or boots at a bootmaker etc etc etc.

yep yep

edit: i was wondering, has anything in this post even been considered, or is this even read by designers anymore?
« Last Edit: 08/23/03 at 22:20:00 by ice_cold » IP Logged
ice_cold

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #150 on: 08/26/03 at 07:13:12 »
Quote Quote

I'll take that as a no Huh

Anyways

Library info for Silver Pistol:
Base damage: 23, Can be used by: rangers, Description: The silver pistol shines with a magnificient luster unseen on most weapons. Very rare, and very powerful, the pistol has the ability to protect it's owner with ease, from evil, or from the good., Level needed to equip it: 27, Magical: No, Vamparic: No, Armor: 0, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0, Poison chance: 0, Poison/30s damage: 0, Monster damage table: , Mana leech: .

I don't really know why I'm still posting ideas...but whatever.
maybe this could be like a 4% drop? I know everyone's going to say 'ranger's don't need a new weapon' but it could be atleast thought about, right? maybe the base could even be 22, just something so that when you look over a ranger, they aren't all the same.
IP Logged
Sausage
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #151 on: 08/26/03 at 23:41:47 »
Quote Quote

ewww Silver Pistol on a Ranger?? I think not. Although I do somewhat like the idea of the weapon. Maybe make the level req. 28 or 30 or something.  

/shrug
IP Logged

-=-§Äû§ÅGÉ-=-
Stotic
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

We Can Rise

View Profile WWW

« Reply #152 on: 08/27/03 at 01:23:03 »
Quote Quote

Is this the wild west?
IP Logged

We'll douse ourselves in gasoline and hang our bodies from the lampposts.
Deval
Australia 

What one lacks in skill, he makes up for with alts

61207412 61207412   Death_Jester_King   HitCowsWithCars
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #153 on: 08/27/03 at 01:32:49 »
Quote Quote

The idea is a little farfetched, but that's not to say the weapon would be on par with good ol' Texas. In fantasy, Gnomes and Dwarves are known for thier ability at 'tinkering', resulting in products such as steam tanks and steam cannons, and other devices that would employ products such as steam or gun powder. I believe there is a part of the airship which has a death trap involving gun powder/fire isnt there?...

It 'could' be a valid suggestion at some stage, but not right now, none of the current classes suit/nor can be reasoned to suit the weapon.
IP Logged

'Madness you say! Do you fear me? Are you afraid of what I might do, of what I might say? What a fascinating reaction. Don't you find it somewhat encumbering?'
ice_cold

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #154 on: 08/27/03 at 08:25:32 »
Quote Quote

on 08/27/03 at 01:23:03, Stotic wrote:
Is this the wild west?

doesnt captain wield it?
IP Logged
Stotic
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

We Can Rise

View Profile WWW

« Reply #155 on: 08/27/03 at 09:02:08 »
Quote Quote

That crazy captain is in a world of his own.  aka the ship.  Rangers are skilled in archery, not hunting indians.
IP Logged

Jurian
Netherlands 

Lillium inter spinas, The lilly among thorns

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #156 on: 08/29/03 at 12:56:52 »
Quote Quote

on 08/26/03 at 07:13:12, Ice_Cold wrote:
I'll take that as a no Huh

Anyways

Library info for Silver Pistol:
Base damage: 23, Can be used by: rangers, Description: The silver pistol shines with a magnificient luster unseen on most weapons. Very rare, and very powerful, the pistol has the ability to protect it's owner with ease, from evil, or from the good., Level needed to equip it: 27, Magical: No, Vamparic: No, Armor: 0, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0, Poison chance: 0, Poison/30s damage: 0, Monster damage table: , Mana leech: .

I don't really know why I'm still posting ideas...but whatever.
maybe this could be like a 4% drop? I know everyone's going to say 'ranger's don't need a new weapon' but it could be atleast thought about, right? maybe the base could even be 22, just something so that when you look over a ranger, they aren't all the same.

hmm what i'm wondering is if this would allow rapid fire and stuff. and yeah captain could drop but maybe make drop chance a bit lower like 2%? i do like the idea Cheesy (prolly cuz i'm hooked on killing captain wylsen Cheesy)
IP Logged

I dream about how it's going to end,
Approaching me quickly.
Leaving a life of fear,
I only want my mind to be clear.
Mephistroth

Email

« Reply #157 on: 08/29/03 at 13:11:29 »
Quote Quote

Having guns in Nightmist would totally ruin it. I don't mind the captain using one, because I can simply not go to that area, but having people walking around shooting people with guns is just lame...
IP Logged
ice_cold

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #158 on: 08/30/03 at 19:01:27 »
Quote Quote

well chinese had gun like things in like 500bc, so why not here? maybe it could be dropped 1% of the timeHuh with the ammoutn it gets killed, there probably wouldnt be too many floating around...
IP Logged
Stotic
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

We Can Rise

View Profile WWW

« Reply #159 on: 08/31/03 at 06:34:01 »
Quote Quote

It's not going to happen.  Stop making excuses.
IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10  ...  17 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.